PDA

View Full Version : Gammons on waiver wire

tsamdog
08-14-2005, 11:39 AM
Petey G. just stated that the only two players that he knows of that have cleared waivers are Jr. and Sweeney; he believes that the WS and Angels are going to land one of them.

BeviBall!
08-14-2005, 11:41 AM
Petey G. just stated that the only two players that he knows of that have cleared waivers are Jr. and Sweeney; he believes that the WS and Angels are going to land one of them.

Sweeney... man, we have enough prospets to make both of these happen. Get Sweeney for next year and so long PK.

hose
08-14-2005, 11:44 AM
Sweeney... man, we have enough prospets to make both of these happen. Get Sweeney for next year and so long PK.

I sure would like to see a NL team pick up Sweeney. I'm tired of him wearing out Sox pitching.

santo=dorf
08-14-2005, 11:46 AM
If Sweeney stayed ture to his form of being a Sox Killer after the Sox traded for him, he would probably **** up his back and never play again. :(:

DickAllen72
08-14-2005, 11:47 AM

Can you clarify what he said? Does he believe either the Sox or Angels will get one of these or does he believe the Sox will get one while the Angels get the other?

Thanks.

Erik The Red
08-14-2005, 11:47 AM
Well, I doubt that the Angels would need another outfielder, so go for it KW!

tsamdog
08-14-2005, 11:51 AM
Can you clarify what he said? Does he believe either the Sox or Angels will get one of these or does he believe the Sox will get one while the Angels get the other?

Thanks.

He was asked about the Cardinals landing another Larry Walker deal from the waiver wire. He said that was not going to happen and that the only two players (I assume of that ilk) that he knew of that cleared waivers were Sweeney and Jr. PG then said that he thought that they would go to either the White Sox or the Angels. Of course, he was non-descript, as always and Ravich quickly changed back to Cardinal talk.

tsamdog
08-14-2005, 11:52 AM

But could they use a DH?.....I am inclined to think that both Sweeney and Jr. are headed in that direction.

Erik The Red
08-14-2005, 11:55 AM
I dunno, Anderson has done quite well as a DH for them lately. Though, I guess with Vlad's injury scare earlier this year, they could be thinking of building depth by acquiring Jr. or Sweeney.

California Sox
08-14-2005, 11:58 AM

I know I'm in the vast minority here, but if we trade Chris Young for what's left of Junior, we're going to regret it. Young has a power speed package that is reminiscent of... I can't think of a single Sox player who's ever had the skill set Young has. Plus, we'd be hamstrung by Griffey's contract for the next two years as he continues to age. Please KW, don't do it!

balke
08-14-2005, 11:59 AM
I know I'm in the vast minority here, but if we trade Chris Young for what's left of Junior, we're going to regret it. Young has a power speed package that is reminiscent of... I can't think of a single Sox player who's ever had the skill set Young has. Plus, we'd be hamstrung by Griffey's contract for the next two years as he continues to age. Please KW, don't do it!

What if we suck 2-3 years from now when we call him up?

tsamdog
08-14-2005, 12:03 PM

You may very well be right; however, Chris Young could be Corey Patterson (I sure hope not). That's the definition of a prospect...maybe yes, maybe no. If Jr. is the final piece of a late playoff run puzzle, then you do it. Banking on future success hasn't worked in damn near 50 years. In the mean time, teams with prospects and/or money have rented 'hired guns' to take them to the promised land. Did it cost them, yes, but it's risk/reward.

SOX ADDICT '73
08-14-2005, 12:06 PM
I know I'm in the vast minority here, but if we trade Chris Young for what's left of Junior, we're going to regret it.
I know I'm in the vast majority here by saying if Ken Griffey Jr. can help bring a World Series title to the Chicago White Sox, I won't care one bit if Chris Young enters the Hall of Fame as a Cincinnati Red.

California Sox
08-14-2005, 12:11 PM
If Jr. is the final piece of a late playoff run puzzle, then you do it.

Here's the problem: Just as prospects are a crap shoot, so is investing $25 million and our best prospect on the theory that Griffey will definitely play well during one 21 game stretch. Maybe he will, maybe he won't. I mean, Mickey Hatcher carried the Dodgers to a W.S. championship and Barry Bonds has never done anything in the postseason. The sample size is so small you have absolutely no guarantee that Griffey will out perform Carl Everett (whose job he's evidently going to take.) It's not like you're getting Uribe or Crede out of the lineup. And the price we'd be paying... Hey, I want to win too but not at the price of sucking for the rest of the decade.

samram
08-14-2005, 12:15 PM

Man, I can't wait for the 2008 White Sox season. If we could just forget these next three years and just fast forward to the Chris Young era.....

Ol' No. 2
08-14-2005, 12:18 PM
Here's the problem: Just as prospects are a crap shoot, so is investing $25 million and our best prospect on the theory that Griffey will definitely play well during one 21 game stretch. Maybe he will, maybe he won't. I mean, Mickey Hatcher carried the Dodgers to a W.S. championship and Barry Bonds has never done anything in the postseason. The sample size is so small you have absolutely no guarantee that Griffey will out perform Carl Everett (whose job he's evidently going to take.) It's not like you're getting Uribe or Crede out of the lineup. And the price we'd be paying... Hey, I want to win too but not at the price of sucking for the rest of the decade.Virtually every team that wants to contend in the post-season has to make some kind of mid-season move to fill unanticipated holes. In this case, Griffey would fill the hole left by Frank Thomas' injury. The purpose of a strong farm system is not JUST to provide future players, but also to provide assets to trade in these mid-season moves. While you don't want to completely bankrupt your system for a short-term gain, you can't maintain the other extreme, either. There are still plenty of players in the Sox minor league system, especially OF.

There are never any guarantees no matter what you do. You just make your best moves and take your chances.

Flight #24
08-14-2005, 12:20 PM
Here's the problem: Just as prospects are a crap shoot, so is investing $25 million and our best prospect on the theory that Griffey will definitely play well during one 21 game stretch. Maybe he will, maybe he won't. I mean, Mickey Hatcher carried the Dodgers to a W.S. championship and Barry Bonds has never done anything in the postseason. The sample size is so small you have absolutely no guarantee that Griffey will out perform Carl Everett (whose job he's evidently going to take.) It's not like you're getting Uribe or Crede out of the lineup. And the price we'd be paying... Hey, I want to win too but not at the price of sucking for the rest of the decade.

Here's the thing though. The cash-out POV on Griffey is $6M/yr for 6 years, not $12M for 3. That means you basically get Griffey at the cost you'd have to retain Carl Everett, not exactly a budget-busting move (but you pay him for 3 years after he's done).

Griffey is a move not only for this year, but for the next 2-3, which coincidentally is the timeline on the core of the team, the pitching staff. By that time, Ryan Sweeney should also be hitting his stride as a big leaguer. It also gives you another couple of years to draft & develop the "next Chris Young".

I don't know that Young is going to contribute much in the next 2-3 years, and since you'll be retooling after then anyway and have 2 other "franchise OFs", I think it's a worthwhile deal to make. Plus you can look at it as raising the budget via a big name, a 60-HR chase, and management demonstrating a commitment to winning. That increased budget can land you an FA player rather than Chris Young.

rowand33
08-14-2005, 12:20 PM
Wait a minute... wait a minute...

There are people on here that actually don't want Griffey? are you kidding me?

1) Griffey's having a resurgent year, with 25 HR and 78 RBI on the year.

2) Most likely, Griffey will not completely replace anybody in the lineup. I could see him being used to cycle a day off for the outfield and Carl. Everybody sits once every 5 games. This isn't any different than what we do now anyways, really. Except now it's Timo Perez out there.

Using very crooked logic, what you people are saying is Timo Perez>Ken Griffey Jr.

3) **** the prospects. What's better? Winning the World Series once and then sucking the next few years or making the playoffs every year but not winning?
Let's try our hardest to win now, and not worry about giving up on maybes. And I think Young has the brightest future out of all 3 of our good outfield prospects. But if it'll get Griffey, **** him.

4) Griffey may be useful as a DH next year if, God forbid, Big Frank really is done.

I've never understood this desire to keep players that we think might be good 2 or 3 years down the line when we could use them to help us win this year.

If you're looking for results now, you go for who's best now.

tsamdog
08-14-2005, 12:21 PM

I understand your position, but I think that WSI had a similar discussion on the trading of Jeremy Reed. Now, JR may become one helluva Mariner, but the reward of Freddy Garcia outweighs it in the PRESENT. Young's name may not even be part of the package, but if so, he still remains ONE prospect...just one. I can't see how this team will 'suck' for the next five years because we traded one prospect.

Finally, how long will this pitching staff remain intact? JR has shown the tendency to forgo long-term deals, those of which pitchers and their agents seek. The strength of this team sits on the bump, and the best staff in the AL may be here for only two more years.

Again, this is the perspective of a 50 year old. You're right, I don't have the data to prove my point....just the experience of a life-long Sox fan who is tired of waiting five more..and five more....for the blossoming of prospects. I am growing way impatient! lol

SOX ADDICT '73
08-14-2005, 12:21 PM
Here's the problem: Just as prospects are a crap shoot, so is investing $25 million and our best prospect on the theory that Griffey will definitely play well during one 21 game stretch.
Gamble #1: Pick up Griffey during a season unlike any the Sox have ever had, and hope he is the final piece that helps bring home the first championship in 88 years.

Gamble #2: Leave Griffey where he is (or let the Angels, a team we may face in the postseason, have him), and hope that Chris Young, Brandon McCarthy, Brian Anderson, and whoever else KW is offering can, in 2-3 years, do what so many Sox prospects have done in the past - translate minor league success into major league stardom.

Hmmmmm.....tough one.

BeviBall!
08-14-2005, 12:40 PM
Man, I can't wait for the 2008 White Sox season. If we could just forget these next three years and just fast forward to the Chris Young era.....

That's awesome!

MarySwiss
08-14-2005, 12:44 PM
Wait a minute... wait a minute...

There are people on here that actually don't want Griffey? are you kidding me?

1) Griffey's having a resurgent year, with 25 HR and 78 RBI on the year.

2) Most likely, Griffey will not completely replace anybody in the lineup. I could see him being used to cycle a day off for the outfield and Carl. Everybody sits once every 5 games. This isn't any different than what we do now anyways, really. Except now it's Timo Perez out there.

Using very crooked logic, what you people are saying is Timo Perez>Ken Griffey Jr.

3) **** the prospects. What's better? Winning the World Series once and then sucking the next few years or making the playoffs every year but not winning?
Let's try our hardest to win now, and not worry about giving up on maybes. And I think Young has the brightest future out of all 3 of our good outfield prospects. But if it'll get Griffey, **** him.

4) Griffey may be useful as a DH next year if, God forbid, Big Frank really is done.

I've never understood this desire to keep players that we think might be good 2 or 3 years down the line when we could use them to help us win this year.

If you're looking for results now, you go for who's best now.

My only fear about Griffey is we get him and five minutes later, he gets hurt. But that could happen to anyone, and I think it's obvious that we need to add some offense big-time if we're going to get this thing done.

Also, although I'm basically against messing with chemistry, another plus is that Griffey apparently wants to play for a contender, so the motivation would be there as well.

Something tells me this is going to be a long day or two.

Huisj
08-14-2005, 12:44 PM
So if the Sox got Griffey, they'd essentially have 5 guys for 4 spots:

-Podsednik
-Rowand
-Dye
-Everett
-Griffey

Podsednik seems to need a lot of time off right now to rest his groin, so that opens up a spot some of the time. Same with Everett too actually, so that opens up a nearly full time spot in the lineup for Griffey (for the time being at least).

The question is, what does the outfield lineup look like with Griffey? Does he automatically get to play center because he's Ken Griffey, and then put Rowand in Left? Or do you DH Griffey and put Podsednik/Everett in left? Or does it make more sense to keep Everett only at the DH spot for now with his leg the way it is?

Who's a better CF? Rowand or Griffey? Could Griffey even be a possibility in Left at all, or would the unfamiliarity with that position be a problem/injury waiting to happen?

Lots of questions that Ozzie would have to deal with. It's workable, but somewhat tricky too.

SOX ADDICT '73
08-14-2005, 12:47 PM
My only fear about Griffey is we get him and five minutes later, he gets hurt.
Aw, Mary...you'll never quite get over what Richie Sexson did to your Diamondbacks, will you? :wink:

Optipessimism
08-14-2005, 12:50 PM
So if the Sox got Griffey, they'd essentially have 5 guys for 4 spots:

-Podsednik
-Rowand
-Dye
-Everett
-Griffey

Podsednik seems to need a lot of time off right now to rest his groin, so that opens up a spot some of the time. Same with Everett too actually, so that opens up a nearly full time spot in the lineup for Griffey (for the time being at least).

The question is, what does the outfield lineup look like with Griffey? Does he automatically get to play center because he's Ken Griffey, and then put Rowand in Left? Or do you DH Griffey and put Podsednik/Everett in left? Or does it make more sense to keep Everett only at the DH spot for now with his leg the way it is?

Who's a better CF? Rowand or Griffey? Could Griffey even be a possibility in Left at all, or would the unfamiliarity with that position be a problem/injury waiting to happen?

Lots of questions that Ozzie would have to deal with. It's workable, but somewhat tricky too.

Isn't depth a beautiful thing?

California Sox
08-14-2005, 12:55 PM
Okay, it's settled. I'm a minority of one.

My perspective has been formed by being a Sox fan for a very long time. Every good team we've ever had resulted from bringing up impact players from the farm system (Baines, Kittle, and Walker in '83), (Ventura, Thomas, McDowell, Fernandez, Bere in '93, plus Alvarez, Guillen and Johnson were all acquired as minor leaguers) (Ordonez, Lee, Durham, Sirotka, Baldwin, Parque in 2000). Whenever we've gotten players near the end of their careers in my lifetime (Santo, Bobby Bonds, Steve Sax, etc.) they've always sucked. So the past has warped my view of the present. I believe, particularly with this cheap ownership group, that we have to be very careful about trading impact players from the minors. It's one thing to trade away the Franklin Franciscos of the world (or in the case of our current farm system the Sean Traceys, Casey Rogowskis, and both Josh Fields) but when you trade away long-term, cheap impact players and have to replace them with either lesser players or much more expensive players, you end up with a terrible product on the field. Plus, as a fan of the Sox minor league teams I'd rather watch guys I consider "real" Sox players than a bunch of retreads who I associate with other organizations. But that literally is "just one man's opinion."

rowand33
08-14-2005, 12:57 PM
griffey's played right and left field before.

I'd want to see Rowand in center still. Griffey isn't the same center fielder he used to be.

tsamdog
08-14-2005, 12:57 PM
Right now, IF the Sox pick up Jr., Ozzie's filling out of the lineup card won't be as difficult.

IMO, Aaron plays center and the corner outfielders shuffle, CCarl/Dye/Griffey. Whoever is not playing the outfield, DH's. As when Pods was healthy and ARow needed a rest, you now have Jr. to do that. ARow is a better CF than Jr. at this juncture of their careers, so Aaron stays - period.

When Pods returns, then the true test of Ozzie's skill as a players' manager will surface. During Frank's short stay, #13 worked it out; he'll do it again. A ring is at stake, and don't think that the players aren't aware.

Optipessimism
08-14-2005, 12:59 PM
CalSox:

Since you've seen Young, what do you think of the Cameron comparison? Is that his ceiling or his floor? And, if Mike Cameron was the closest guy to him, if you were KW would you trade Mike Cameron for Griffey? I sure would.

SOX ADDICT '73
08-14-2005, 01:02 PM
Whenever we've gotten players near the end of their careers in my lifetime (Santo, Bobby Bonds, Steve Sax, etc.) they've always sucked.
Someone please correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe the players you mentioned were pretty clearly in the "twilights of their careers" when the Sox acquired them. Griffey is producing now almost as well as he has at any point in his career.

DarkCloudDropo
08-14-2005, 01:03 PM

My perspective has been formed by being a Sox fan for a very long time. Every good team we've ever had resulted from bringing up impact players from the farm system (Baines, Kittle, and Walker in '83), (Ventura, Thomas, McDowell, Fernandez, Bere in '93, plus Alvarez, Guillen and Johnson were all acquired as minor leaguers) (Ordonez, Lee, Durham, Sirotka, Baldwin, Parque in 2000). Whenever we've gotten players near the end of their careers in my lifetime (Santo, Bobby Bonds, Steve Sax, etc.) they've always sucked. So the past has warped my view of the present. I believe, particularly with this cheap ownership group, that we have to be very careful about trading impact players from the minors. It's one thing to trade away the Franklin Franciscos of the world (or in the case of our current farm system the Sean Traceys, Casey Rogowskis, and both Josh Fields) but when you trade away long-term, cheap impact players and have to replace them with either lesser players or much more expensive players, you end up with a terrible product on the field. Plus, as a fan of the Sox minor league teams I'd rather watch guys I consider "real" Sox players than a bunch of retreads who I associate with other organizations. But that literally is "just one man's opinion."

You are not alone.

tsamdog
08-14-2005, 01:03 PM

Are you a fan of this year's team?

Pods: Milwaukee
Iguchi: ??? Japan
Everett: Boston, Texas
Konerko: LA
AJ: FMINN, SF
Dye: KC, Oak
Uribe: Col.

Garland: Flubs
Garcia: Mariner
Cuban Connection: nuff said

etc....etc....etc....

Optipessimism
08-14-2005, 01:13 PM
Someone please correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe the players you mentioned were pretty clearly in the "twilights of their careers" when the Sox acquired them. Griffey is producing now almost as well as he has at any point in his career.

Yep. And Sax, Bonds, and Santo together as a group could not hold the jockstrap of one Ken Griffey Jr., now or then.

SOXfnNlansing
08-14-2005, 01:14 PM
Here's the problem: Just as prospects are a crap shoot, so is investing $25 million and our best prospect on the theory that Griffey will definitely play well during one 21 game stretch. Maybe he will, maybe he won't. I mean, Mickey Hatcher carried the Dodgers to a W.S. championship and Barry Bonds has never done anything in the postseason. The sample size is so small you have absolutely no guarantee that Griffey will out perform Carl Everett (whose job he's evidently going to take.) It's not like you're getting Uribe or Crede out of the lineup. And the price we'd be paying... Hey, I want to win too but not at the price of sucking for the rest of the decade. I don't think we need anyone to 'carry' us for the rest of the season, but KGJ or whoever can be a nice part to the team. Big Frank was a nice part of the team for a short while, and adding someone else for a top prospect is just fine with me.

tsamdog
08-14-2005, 01:28 PM
As far as this year's team is concerned, I like them fine. But the players I root for hardest, Buerhle, Garland, Konerko, Crede, Rowand, Cotts, Marte, all established themselves as Sox. I like Pods, Everett etc. but it's not the same type of connection for me.

Understood and respected.....Unfortunately, like Jerry Seinfeld said.....In this day and age, we root for laundry, not players.

MarySwiss
08-14-2005, 01:33 PM
Aw, Mary...you'll never quite get over what Richie Sexson did to your Diamondbacks, will you? :wink:

Not to mention what David Wells did to my White Sox!

But I'm willing to take a chance here; I want a World Series and I want it THIS YEAR!

skobabe8
08-14-2005, 01:47 PM
This will be what gets the Griffey deal done:

:crede "Ken, I'll get a new number."

Optipessimism
08-14-2005, 01:51 PM
This will be what gets the Griffey deal done:

:crede "Ken, I'll get a new number."

Griffey's number is 30.

skobabe8
08-14-2005, 01:53 PM
Griffey's number is 30.

And used to be 24--when he was a lock for a first ballot HOF'er. Just think that maybe #30 for him is bad luck, thats all.

tsamdog
08-14-2005, 02:03 PM
FYI....both Sweeney and Griffey are currently playing. One never knows about these things and when something might go down.

Huisj
08-14-2005, 02:23 PM
Are you a fan of this year's team?

Pods: Milwaukee
Iguchi: ??? Japan
Everett: Boston, Texas
Konerko: LA
AJ: FMINN, SF
Dye: KC, Oak
Uribe: Col.

Garland: Flubs
Garcia: Mariner
Cuban Connection: nuff said

etc....etc....etc....

Gimme a break on guys like Konerko, Uribe, and especially Garland. Garland was what, 19, when he was traded to the Sox. That hardly makes him someone who is automatically associated with the Cubs. Konerko did nothing with the Dodgers for a year, did nothing with the Reds, and then finally broke out with the Sox after the Cameron trade. He's clearly associated with the White Sox as his "career team" rather than the Reds or Dodgers. Uribe is young and played only 2 years with Colorado.

By your argument, Garcia should be listed as an Astro, because he went to Seattle in the Randy Johnson trade. Dye should be listed as a Brave. Everett came up with Florida, but I think he was drafted by someone different. Posdednik came up with Seattle, but wasn't he originally in the Rangers organization?

By the way, I've always considered Jeff Weaver to be a natural White Sox, because they drafted him once.

SOX ADDICT '73
08-14-2005, 02:24 PM
FYI....both Sweeney and Griffey are currently playing. One never knows about these things and when something might go down.
I hate the waiting game. This is starting to feel like the day of the non-waiver trade deadline all over again.

And the results of that day left many Sox fans feeling kinda Blum - er, glum. :(:

tsamdog
08-14-2005, 02:26 PM
Gimme a break on guys like Konerko, Uribe, and especially Garland. Garland was what, 19, when he was traded to the Sox. That hardly makes him someone who is automatically associated with the Cubs. Konerko did nothing with the Dodgers for a year, did nothing with the Reds, and then finally broke out with the Sox after the Cameron trade. He's clearly associated with the White Sox as his "career team" rather than the Reds or Dodgers. Uribe is young and played only 2 years with Colorado.

By your argument, Garcia should be listed as an Astro, because he went to Seattle in the Randy Johnson trade. Dye should be listed as a Brave. Everett came up with Florida, but I think he was drafted by someone different. Posdednik came up with Seattle, but wasn't he originally in the Rangers organization?

By the way, I've always considered Jeff Weaver to be a natural White Sox, because they drafted him once.

Appreciate the sarcasm at the end of your argument. If you read the original post then you would have understood my reply. The question posed was the connecting to 'real' Sox who came up through our farm system. I was looking for a definition, and it was given by the original poster.

tsamdog
08-14-2005, 02:29 PM
I hate the waiting game. This is starting to feel like the day of the non-waiver trade deadline all over again.

And the results of that day left many Sox fans feeling kinda Blum - er, glum. :(:

lol....no kidding. Rain delays...waiting to watch the back nine of the PGA (when it will get interesting). Jr. homered in the 4th..#26. It's kind of like fishing right now....reacting on nibbles.

Huisj
08-14-2005, 02:46 PM
Appreciate the sarcasm at the end of your argument. If you read the original post then you would have understood my reply. The question posed was the connecting to 'real' Sox who came up through our farm system. I was looking for a definition, and it was given by the original poster.

Although the original poster did mention that some key Sox were acquired as minor leaguers or young players (Alvarez, Guillen, Johnson), so that that was kind of what I was getting at. The Sox have a number of guys who didn't come all the way through their system, but they certainly weren't really established as names with their original teams when they got them. Obviously guys like Dye and Everett aren't so much associated with the Sox, but some other guys on the team are.

Carlton Fisk certainly wasn't associated with the Sox when he first came from Boston, but over time he was accepted as one. Hopefully the same can happen with some of the guys the Sox have now.

tsamdog
08-14-2005, 02:59 PM
Although the original poster did mention that some key Sox were acquired as minor leaguers or young players (Alvarez, Guillen, Johnson), so that that was kind of what I was getting at. The Sox have a number of guys who didn't come all the way through their system, but they certainly weren't really established as names with their original teams when they got them. Obviously guys like Dye and Everett aren't so much associated with the Sox, but some other guys on the team are.

Carlton Fisk certainly wasn't associated with the Sox when he first came from Boston, but over time he was accepted as one. Hopefully the same can happen with some of the guys the Sox have now.

I do concede that Konerko and Garland both have made their names here in Chicago, and that the chemistry of the current team has brought some of these players a measure of success. The point that I was straining to make is that I really don't care where the womb was or is right now. This is a killer opportunity for the current boys in black to take us all deep into October.

I am a firm believer that the success of a farm system must reconcile with the success of the parent club. Minor league championships are nice, I guess, but those accomplishments must translate into pennants or division championships for the major league franchise. Although it is easier to root for the kid that played in Charlotte or Birmingham, especially if he was a draft choice, I would rather attend the October classic at the Cell, cheering for Tad, Pods, AJ, etc...

I think that we all want the same thing. Many paths to the river....

Domeshot17
08-14-2005, 03:24 PM
And with all these guys being mentioned and thrown around from 83,93, 2000, the true sox you cheered for, how many has helped the Sox win a World Series? Griffey= Better Shot at the ring. nuff said

LuvSox
08-14-2005, 03:44 PM
I read the thread title and thought ESPN put Gammons on waivers! Of course the Tribune co. would pick him up. :(:

tsamdog
08-14-2005, 03:49 PM
I read the thread title and thought ESPN put Gammons on waivers! Of course the Tribune co. would pick him up. :(:

I left out a verb....lol...... Let me see........" pontificates" (?) :cool:

oeo
08-14-2005, 03:56 PM
I wonder if otis knows of anything happening...where are you otis?

Soxzilla
08-14-2005, 04:20 PM

Otis dissappointed me already this season by teasing with the Eddie Guardado speculation.:(:

dickallen15
08-14-2005, 04:29 PM

Otis has a worse batting average than Timo Perez.

Jjav829
08-14-2005, 11:14 PM

:roflmao:

Great point. Maybe we should start building for 2008. Imagine if we could get a few more Chris Young-type prospects for Buehrle, Garland and Garcia. Can you say unstoppable? :o:

ClaudelSleptHere
08-15-2005, 04:47 AM
And with all these guys being mentioned and thrown around from 83,93, 2000, the true sox you cheered for, how many has helped the Sox win a World Series? Griffey= Better Shot at the ring. nuff said

Didn't I read in the posting rules that when someone posted 'nuff said' everyone had to stop posting?