PDA

View Full Version : What goes thru hitter's mind...

Falstaff
08-14-2005, 02:20 AM
If you had the chance to chat with a current white sox player and ask him for a rundown of what typically goes thru their head while at that plate.... Who would you want to hear from and why. (Yeah I too would want to hear what Frank would say, so he's the obvious one. Look at the roster and decide who
you'd like to get the lowdown from) Same for the pitchers, who woud you
like to get the detailed mind tour/narration from, throughout pitching to an at-bat. Why him?

chisoxfanatic
08-14-2005, 02:52 AM
Carl Everett...Somehow I'd think he would say some pretty funny stuff...

whitesoxwilkes
08-14-2005, 09:30 AM
If you had the chance to chat with a current white sox player and ask him for a rundown of what typically goes thru their head while at that plate.... Who would you want to hear from and why. (Yeah I too would want to hear what Frank would say, so he's the obvious one. Look at the roster and decide who
you'd like to get the lowdown from) Same for the pitchers, who woud you
like to get the detailed mind tour/narration from, throughout pitching to an at-bat. Why him?

Juan Uribe. I'd love to know how he somehow manages hit the ball in the air when it seems like he's always swinging at eye level.

fquaye149
08-14-2005, 10:31 AM
most of the time it's probably: "look for the fastball, bang the hanger, everything else, take"

with three balls <2 strikes: "better be fat and hard"

with two strikes: "look for the fastball, foul off the junk ball"

Of course some of the more cerebral hitters might be anticipating non-fastball pitches depending on the pitcher. For instance, vs. Clement it might be:

"Swing low to get the sinker fat"

Vs. Wakefield it might be "please God please God please God please"

(of course, with Uribe, he's probably just thinking "Homerun...****. Homerun....****. Homerun....oops. Single.")