PDA

View Full Version : New guy on BBTN

RallyBowl
08-13-2005, 11:38 AM
He started last night I guess. His name is something Spanish, I forget. He was the first baseman fo the Marlins in their expansion year. He had good numbers, but I don't remember him. Anyways, so they lead off by saying there is a new guy, and I think out loud "here comes another notorious White Sox hater". But he actually said some decent things about us. Despite the starting a thread about it, I could care less, but I wondered if anyone else saw this guy, heard what he said, or knows anything about him.

buehrle4cy05
08-13-2005, 11:45 AM
Orestes Destrade?

HotelWhiteSox
08-13-2005, 11:46 AM
I thought it was Bobby Abreu at first, they seemed to focus on all our positives of the game and season instead of the loss in general

WhiteSox16K
08-13-2005, 02:23 PM
I thought it was Bobby Abreu at first, they seemed to focus on all our positives of the game and season instead of the loss in general

I thought the same thing - and he had a lot of good things to say. Although, him continuously saying "Scotty Posednik" was a little annoying.

harwar
08-13-2005, 02:52 PM
Lets hope they keep up the pro White sox talk.
I can't get enough of it if they are being fair and unbiased.
The boys in bristol must have been feeling magnanimous because of their victory over what is clearly the best team they have played all year.
The other really good teams are using the White Sox as a measure to see how good they really are.

NDSox12
08-13-2005, 02:58 PM
Orestes Destrade?

Correct. It was Orestes Destrade. Not sure what he's been doing all these years. I haven't heard his name in a long time.

MRKARNO
08-13-2005, 05:27 PM
Correct. It was Orestes Destrade. Not sure what he's been doing all these years. I haven't heard his name in a long time.

He hosts "Solamente Pelota" which is the Spanish language baseball talk show on XM 190 (MLB en espaņol). He's been a guest a few times on "The Show" with Kevin Kennedy and Rob Dibble and I believe that he mentioned that he had played in Japan for a number of years in one of the interviews.

Tekk
08-16-2005, 06:59 PM
I remember when he first came to the big leagues after playing in Japan, he was referred to as "The lefthanded Cecil Fielder." Does anyone else remember that?