PDA

View Full Version : Playoff ticket refunds?

downstairs
08-13-2005, 11:07 AM
What is the general policy on playoff ticket refunds? I mean specifically if I were to purchase the tickets from someone other than Ticketmaster or the Sox. (i.e. StubHub or a friend).

If the game were not played, can I get a refund for face value by merely having my ticket (and sending it in to them or something)? Or are you just SOL?

soxwon
08-13-2005, 11:17 AM
return it to ticketmaster for face value.

i had alcs tix in 2000 and got a refund.

downstairs
08-13-2005, 11:22 AM
return it to ticketmaster for face value.

i had alcs tix in 2000 and got a refund.

Yes, but what if I did not purchase them from Ticketmaster? That's my question... will they honor any legitimate ticket?

Ol' No. 2
08-13-2005, 11:24 AM
Yes, but what if I did not purchase them from Ticketmaster? That's my question... will they honor any legitimate ticket?Yes.

In 2000 they gave refunds at First American Bank. All you needed was the tickets.

6th_starter
08-13-2005, 11:57 AM
I had ALCS tickets too and as far as FEES go , youre SOL. I got my 'refund' but lost I think $40 to non-refundable fees. The refund policy was pretty easy though, just fill out a form and they give you back the purchase price.

LuvSox
08-13-2005, 12:15 PM
How about some positive thinking? You won't need a refund. :bandance:

voodoochile
08-13-2005, 12:16 PM
I had ALCS tickets too and as far as FEES go , youre SOL. I got my 'refund' but lost I think $40 to non-refundable fees. The refund policy was pretty easy though, just fill out a form and they give you back the purchase price.

I got my fees back too...

Johnny Mostil
08-13-2005, 12:27 PM

Yes we will--for games that aren't played after Sox sweeps . . .

I'm fairly sure StubHub doesn't charge if games aren't played, though you'll want to read their policies more carefully than I have . . .

downstairs
08-13-2005, 12:48 PM

I am thinking positive... I am hoping that home game 3 of the ALDS, home games 3-4 of the ALCS, and home games 3-4 of the WS are unnecessary as we've swept LA, Oakland, and Houston in that order! *

*My goofy prediction.

UofCSoxFan
08-13-2005, 02:28 PM
For the Bulls this year I had round 2 tickets....they just credited the credit card I bought them with.

gobears1987
08-13-2005, 03:29 PM
You will if we sweep every series.

daslobo
08-13-2005, 04:43 PM
I don't think you're gonna have to worry about a refund. Good guys WSC in 6.

Brian26
08-13-2005, 05:10 PM
I got my fees back too...

Me too. I was surprised since I was anticipating not getting them back, but I indeed received a full refund for all of my 2000 ALCS tickets.

Milw
08-13-2005, 06:40 PM
For the Bulls this year I had round 2 tickets....they just credited the credit card I bought them with.
I recall the Sox did the same in 2003 after they choked the division away down the stretch.

This is why I'm leery of purchasing from a third party ... I'd hate to spend $100 on $40 tickets, have the game not even get played and be out the full amount.

ode to veeck
08-14-2005, 11:19 AM
What me worry, there will be no Sox tix refunds this year as they win their way through all rounds of playoffs!?! what a silly dark clouded question

downstairs
08-14-2005, 12:36 PM
What me worry, there will be no Sox tix refunds this year as they win their way through all rounds of playoffs!?! what a silly dark clouded question

I think you're the third person to say this. No... they could also sweep every series, leaving up to 5 home games completely in need of refund.

ewokpelts
08-14-2005, 03:07 PM
I recall the Sox did the same in 2003 after they choked the division away down the stretch.

This is why I'm leery of purchasing from a third party ... I'd hate to spend $100 on $40 tickets, have the game not even get played and be out the full amount.well, you could always order the grinder plan and get the playoff tickets directly from the sox...yeah, you'll be on the hook for at least a partial plan next year, and you have to put 200 bucks down for next year NOW...but you'll get ALL playoff games, unlike me, since i had a partial plan that wa spaid in full in JANUARY, when they looked like they'd suck donkey-you-know-what...
Gene

steff
08-23-2005, 05:12 PM
Me too. I was surprised since I was anticipating not getting them back, but I indeed received a full refund for all of my 2000 ALCS tickets.

Brian, where did you buy your tickets from? The Sox credited everything but the shipping/processing fee back to us that year.

ewokpelts
08-23-2005, 05:15 PM
Brian, where did you buy your tickets from? The Sox credited everything but the shipping/processing fee back to us that year.
ticketmaster refunded alcs fees to me
Gene

steff
08-23-2005, 05:23 PM
ticketmaster refunded alcs fees to me
Gene

Did they really.. without hassle..?

Postage fees also...?

steff
08-23-2005, 05:30 PM
I think you're the third person to say this. No... they could also sweep every series, leaving up to 5 home games completely in need of refund.

If they sweep every series there will only be 2 games to refund. Game 6 & 7 of the WS.

As it stands now the Sox will play

DS at home 1,2,3
CS at home 1,2,3,4
And WS at home 1,2,6,7

If they sweep the WS they just wouldn't play 6 & 7 of the series here...

Right or am I missing something..?

ewokpelts
08-23-2005, 05:54 PM
Did they really.. without hassle..?

Postage fees also...?
yes...they refunded the ticket cost first.....and two weeks later refunded fees(including shipping)....
Gene

ewokpelts
08-23-2005, 05:55 PM
If they sweep every series there will only be 2 games to refund. Game 6 & 7 of the WS.

As it stands now the Sox will play

DS at home 1,2,3
CS at home 1,2,3,4
And WS at home 1,2,6,7

If they sweep the WS they just wouldn't play 6 & 7 of the series here...

Right or am I missing something..?
If sox have home field advantage throught the post season and sweep all games, 5 games will be refunded
ALDS Game 5
ALCS Game 6/7
WS Game 6/7

Gene

steff
08-23-2005, 09:32 PM
If sox have home field advantage throught the post season and sweep all games, 5 games will be refunded
ALDS Game 5
ALCS Game 6/7
WS Game 6/7

Gene

For some reason my brain was not figuring playing away. Duh...

But thanks for your detailed explaination Gene... always a pleasure. :rolleyes:

BainesHOF
08-23-2005, 09:40 PM
A reputable scalper should issue a full refund. Then the scalper will return the tickets for face value. Just make sure you buy from a reputable scalper and ask about the refund policy before you buy.

steff
08-24-2005, 08:08 AM
A reputable scalper should issue a full refund. Then the scalper will return the tickets for face value. Just make sure you buy from a reputable scalper and ask about the refund policy before you buy.

A "reputable scalper".. kind of an oxymoron isn't it...?

BainesHOF
08-24-2005, 12:11 PM
A "reputable scalper".. kind of an oxymoron isn't it...?

No, not at all. I don't like scalpers, but there's plenty who operate legitimate businesses with store fronts and state licenses. Those are the ones who will offer you full refunds.

steff
08-24-2005, 12:13 PM
No, not at all. I don't like scalpers, but there's plenty who operate legitimate businesses with store fronts and state licenses. Those are the ones who will offer you full refunds.

You mean ticket brokers then.