PDA

View Full Version : Chris Young on WMVP

Sox Radio Bryan
08-13-2005, 10:41 AM
OF Chris Young from the Birmingham Barons will be on with me this Sunday during the minor league portion of the White Sox Week in Review. The show will air this Sunday beginning at noon on ESPN 1000.

Do you, the fan, have any thoughts/questions that you want Chris to share?

Thanks,

Bryan

JDsDirtySox
08-13-2005, 11:27 AM
Brian,

Thanks for stopping by. I am excited to hear your interview with Chris Young.
I would like to know...
Everywhere you look, Chris is being labeled as a Mike Cameron clone. While I for one would be very happy to see Chris have the success that Cameron has had, I would like to know how Chris feels about this comparison. Who would he compare his game to, etc.

Ol' No. 2
08-13-2005, 11:34 AM
OF Chris Young from the Birmingham Barons will be on with me this Sunday during the minor league portion of the White Sox Week in Review. The show will air this Sunday beginning at noon on ESPN 1000.

Do you, the fan, have any thoughts/questions that you want Chris to share?

Thanks,

BryanI'll be looking forward to it. Here are a few suggestions:

How do you feel about your development so far? What do you feel best about? What would you have done differently if you could?

What areas do you feel still need the most work? Are there still parts of your game that you're struggling with?

California Sox
08-13-2005, 11:43 AM
"Who's faster? You or Jerry Owens?"; "You're having a terrific power season playing at Birmingham, describe how the ball carries there. Does the park ever get into your head?"; "You skipped a level and went through a period where you struck out a lot, but you've been hot for quite some time now. Describe the changes you've made to your approach. Also, how big a difference has it made to work with Greg Ritchie?" "Finally, when do you expect to get a shot with the Sox?"

veeter
08-13-2005, 01:40 PM
I would ask him, has the concept of "Ozzie Ball" permiated down to the farm teams? And as a player maybe not that far from the bigs are you ready, willing and able to play the Sox way?

JimH
08-13-2005, 04:37 PM
Bryan, can you ask Chris how he feels he's progressing in term of cutting down on his strikeouts?

Does he feel it's simply a matter of getting more at bats, or specifically what is he doing to try and cut down on K's?

rdivaldi
08-13-2005, 05:11 PM
Thanks for probing the minds of us fans Bryan.

If you can, ask Chris about hitting at Hoover Met. It's a notorious pitchers' park, yet he's been able to continue his power numbers there. Does he change his approach at all when playing there?

Flight #24
08-13-2005, 10:38 PM
What are your thoughts on playing in Cincinnati?

j/k. Seriously, I'd love to hear about what Chris feels are his biggest development areas and what specifically he's working on improving. Also, i'm curious what the Sox are telling Chris about their long-term plans for him in terms of staying in CF or possibly moving to a corner OF position.

Ol' No. 2
08-14-2005, 12:29 PM
Back at you, Bryan.:D:

Daver
08-14-2005, 12:33 PM
Back at you, Bryan.:D:

:dunno:

I don't get it.

Ol' No. 2
08-14-2005, 12:34 PM
:dunno:

I don't get it.He gave us a shout-out at the end of the interview. Pretty complimentary, too.

Sox Radio Bryan
08-14-2005, 04:36 PM
Thank you for all of the suggestions. I appreciated your input.

Bryan

rdivaldi
08-15-2005, 08:54 AM
Did anyone hear the interview? I was unable to. I'd appreciate a recap...

maurice
08-15-2005, 12:32 PM
I'd appreciate a recap...

Ditto, especially if he asked some of the excellent questions suggested in this thread.

itsnotrequired
08-15-2005, 04:17 PM
FYI, Chris was named the Southern League Hitter of The Week for last week. Batted .444 (12-27) with four doubles, three home runs, twelve RBIs and eleven runs. Nice job!

jeremyb1
08-15-2005, 11:20 PM
FYI, Chris was named the Southern League Hitter of The Week for last week. Batted .444 (12-27) with four doubles, three home runs, twelve RBIs and eleven runs. Nice job!

I really, really, really hope he stays with the club. 21 year olds who hit this well in pitcher's parks at AA after skipping a level and play defensive positions are pretty rare.

Mr. White Sox
08-15-2005, 11:51 PM
I really, really, really hope he stays with the club. 21 year olds who hit this well in pitcher's parks at AA after skipping a level and play defensive positions are pretty rare.

Yes, I completely agree, although he is the front-runner to be traded if a Griffey deal happens. Ryan Sweeney is also projected to be a solid ballplayer, and he has 0 HR in Birmingham. I hope Chris Young stays, but if KGJr. comes here, Young probably goes.