PDA

View Full Version : First Sox game -- tickets/advice needed

soxpox
08-13-2005, 12:47 AM
Im going to my first Sox game on Sept 3!! Im very excited.:wink: Its the Tigers series on Saturday night. Im in need of 5 tickets if anyone happens to have them available, please post your contact info, or email me at sox@dingerville.com.

Or if anyone has any good tips for stuff to look out for, best part of the park to sit (1st or 3rd base), how to score backstage passes or anything like that it would be much appreciated!! Thank you.

jabrch
08-13-2005, 12:57 AM
how to score backstage passes or anything like that it would be much appreciated!!

Simple...sleep with someone in the band. That always worked for me.

chisoxfanatic
08-13-2005, 01:00 AM
Simple...sleep with someone in the band. That always worked for me.

Or even better, hitch up with one of the girls from the Chevorlet Pride Crew... :D:

RSN33
08-13-2005, 01:33 AM
Im going to my first Sox game on Sept 3!! Im very excited.:wink: Its the Tigers series on Saturday night. Im in need of 5 tickets if anyone happens to have them available, please post your contact info, or email me at sox@dingerville.com.

Or if anyone has any good tips for stuff to look out for, best part of the park to sit (1st or 3rd base), how to score backstage passes or anything like that it would be much appreciated!! Thank you.

I was at my first game @ Comiskey this year as well. I've been to 4 now between June and July during my visits to CHI.

I love the park. It has great food and great sightlines. Plus, as an open-air stadium, it's so much better than what I have to deal with here in T.O in Skydome (BLAH!)

Oh, and those Chevy Pride Crew gals are definitely worth hooking up with :D: (j/k)

chisoxfanatic
08-13-2005, 01:41 AM
Oh, and those Chevy Pride Crew gals are definitely worth hooking up with :D: (j/k)

We're SO finished. :cool:

Nellie_Fox
08-13-2005, 03:02 AM
...how to score backstage passes or anything like that it would be much appreciated!! Thank you.Backstage passes? BACKSTAGE PASSES?

Dear lord, is this the price of success?

Chisox003
08-13-2005, 03:07 AM
Backstage passes? BACKSTAGE PASSES?

Dear lord, is this the price of success?

You didnt hear?

Man Soo Lee plays a killer bass guitar......Eh :rolleyes:

But seriously.....Backstage passes?
(*cough* Former cubs "fan" that just now realized the Sox are having a better year *cough*)

:thud:

SoxFan78
08-13-2005, 09:50 AM

As far as getting tickets, just go to whitesox.com and get some for that game. As of right now there still seems there are plenty avaliable, don't wait too long though!

soxgirl617
08-13-2005, 11:09 AM

Congratulations...you're going to love it. (And ignore the smart remarks posted in this thread!) I'd get the tickets from whitesox.com, as previously suggested, and do it asap. They seem to be going quickly. As for where to sit, I think almost all of the seats are good. I prefer the 100 level (lower deck), b/c then you can walk around the entire park on the concourse, although there are some great views from the 500 level (upper deck).

If you're coming with kids, don't miss the Fundamentals skills deck out in left field....great place for kids to try batting, running alongside Pods (well, the photo of Pods!), etc. The food at the Cell is very good, with a nice variety, so eat at the park.

In short, I recommend you come to the Cell early (gates open an hour and a half before game time), and just wander around. You're going to love it!

soxwon
08-13-2005, 12:21 PM
i just checked online for 5 tix.

its sat at 11:20 AM now
and sec 156 row 28 there are 5 seats.
thats lower deck reserve leftfield.
i love those seats there- go for it.

LuvSox
08-13-2005, 01:19 PM
You didnt hear?

Man Soo Lee plays a killer bass guitar......Eh :rolleyes:

But seriously.....Backstage passes?
(*cough* Former cubs "fan" that just now realized the Sox are having a better year *cough*)

:thud:

We're putting the band back together!

cbone
08-13-2005, 01:26 PM
Congratulations...you're going to love it. (And ignore the smart remarks posted in this thread!)

They're all just jealous because you get to see the White Sox for the first time. Have a great time and bring a victory to our Sox! As stated get your tickets asap, they seem to be getting gobbled up for every game!!!

LuvSox
08-13-2005, 01:33 PM
They're all just jealous because you get to see the White Sox for the first time.

How's that? I've been fortunate enough to see plenty of Sox games, each one better then the last.

cbone
08-13-2005, 01:40 PM
How's that? I've been fortunate enough to see plenty of Sox games, each one better then the last.

But, this person is lucky enough to see them for his or her first time, tell me your first game wasn't special, that's the point I was making.

LuvSox
08-13-2005, 01:44 PM
But, this person is lucky enough to see them for his or her first time, tell me your first game wasn't special, that's the point I was making.

Of course it was, but that wasn't the best year in franchise history by any stretch of the imagination!

downstairs
08-13-2005, 01:45 PM

Fair enough. But the backstage pass thing... well....

I think the last time they had backstage passes was when they put on rock concerts in the 1970's.

soxpox
08-16-2005, 10:43 PM
Thanks to all for your comments! Got em via the official box.:smile:

Yeh the "backstage pass" comment was intended to be more of a complimentary sardonic remark - in respect to all the success the Sox are having this season - they almost seem as if they *should* have bs passes :wink:

Thanks again!!