PDA

View Full Version : Ticket Window question

santo=dorf
08-12-2005, 06:17 PM
I was thinking of taking advantage of the AAA half price tickets this Tuesday, but I have to go to the box office to buy them. Normally I have my tickets in advance, but I always notice the huge lines outside right by the front of the stadium for the ticket window. Back in May I had to get a couple of tickets for a Tuesday night game, so I went on the third base side ticket window, and NOBODY was there.

Why doesn't anyone use the ticket window on the third base side? Am I missing something? :?:

VeeckAsInWreck
08-12-2005, 06:21 PM
Honestly, I don't think people realize that there are windows open by gate 5. I know that back in the day you could only get Will Call tickets by gate 4, but now you can get them at any open window.

Beats me as to why people like to wait in line there. :dunno:

ewokpelts
08-12-2005, 06:22 PM
Gate 4 is also the Will Call area. But you are right...Gate 5 is a super fast ticket window(but the staff are part-timers or from the uc, so dont give them any of the vouchers...takes a while to get them redeemed)

Gene

Chips
08-12-2005, 06:24 PM
The ticket windows on the first base side are also empty. Last time I bought tickets on game day, I got them there.

whitesoxwin
08-12-2005, 06:25 PM
1st base side windows...

maurice
08-12-2005, 07:04 PM
This has been mentioned at WSI before, IIRC. The discrepancy in line length is ridiculous, especially on Mondays and Tuesdays. Apparently, it's too much trouble for the Sox to have a uniformed employee direct fans to the wide open ticket windows.

downstairs
08-12-2005, 07:08 PM
People are sometimes goofy like that. Example: went to Elvis night, which was packed.

Gate 3 had two lines going into it. The same gate, no difference in the lines. One had at least 100 people (going all the way back to some tailgaters in the parking lot). The other line, wrapping around the other side, had all of 10 people in it.

People are creatures of habit. If they see one long line, they assume the others are just as long.

I've seen this at the Taste, concerts, everywhere.

"The more you know!"

I want Mags back
08-12-2005, 09:31 PM
Gate 2 down the right field line never has anyone in line. Problem is if u buy there than u have to walk to Gate 3 to take the Esclator up. If u go in Gate 2, u have to walk up the ramps

jake27
08-12-2005, 10:34 PM
the ones by 1st base never seem crowded. i think its because a lot of people come off the train and park where the 3rd base side is easier and they r just lazy to walk a little further

Jerko
08-12-2005, 11:20 PM
the ones by 1st base never seem crowded. i think its because a lot of people come off the train and park where the 3rd base side is easier and they r just lazy to walk a little further

Plus, in previous years, those windows were open very sporadically. I remember trying them a few times to have to walk ALL the way back to gate 4 because they were closed.

ks_8999
08-14-2005, 12:36 PM
I have bought 1/2 price AAA tickets for a few games. A couple of times at Gate 5 (3rd base) I have been able to do that. Other times, they have told me to go to the main box office windows, as they were too lazy to ask someone how to do the 1/2 price AAA tickets.

ewokpelts
08-14-2005, 04:08 PM
if you get there BEFORE 5:30(when the gates open), you'll have smaller lines at the gate 4 ticket windows...

Gene