PDA

View Full Version : Season Tickets Next Year-Playoff Tickets This Year

Rocky Soprano
08-12-2005, 04:08 PM
I saw an ad in the paper saying that if you buy season tickets for next year, you can buy playoff tickets for this year.

Anyone know the details?

Is the money for next year's tickets due immediately?

sas1974
08-12-2005, 04:30 PM
I saw an ad in the paper saying that if you buy season tickets for next year, you can buy playoff tickets for this year.

Anyone know the details?

Is the money for next year's tickets due immediately?

I believe you need to put down a deposit on next year's tix immediately, but you can use that money for any ticket package (Partial or Full-season).

cheeses_h_rice
08-12-2005, 04:33 PM
According to the White Sox site (http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/cws/ticketing/plans/full.jsp), it sounds like you have to buy the Grinder Plan for the remainder of 2005 and sign up for 2006 season tickets to be eligible to buy playoff tickets for all the home games.

chisoxfanatic
08-12-2005, 04:33 PM
I believe you need to put down a deposit on next year's tix immediately, but you can use that money for any ticket package (Partial or Full-season).

C'est vrai (for those who don't know French, that's "that's right)! The Bulls did the exact same thing this past year, and sources said it helped them gain a lot more season ticket holders.

ewokpelts
08-12-2005, 05:33 PM
too bad they wont reward us log time partial plan holders(all i get are 1 game per round)

Gene

kevingrt
08-13-2005, 12:16 PM
Same thing the Bulls did with their playoff tickets. Not to out of the ordinary nowdays.

Palehose13
08-13-2005, 12:51 PM
too bad they wont reward us log time partial plan holders(all i get are 1 game per round)

Gene

Do we even get that?

At first I thought that it was an unfair offer because I put my faith in the Sox making the playoffs in January and scraped up money (and credit) to spend $1400 that I really didn't have. Now people that didn't have that faith can get playoff tickets too??? Ugh.

However, with more thought I looked to the good of the club. Hell, my understanding is that season ticket holders are HUGE in determining the ballclub's budget. If the White Sox can get people to committ to ST this early, perhaps *gasp* the budget will increase and the Sox can make a run at becoming a dynasty (at least in the division ala Atlanta Braves).

So I don't get to go to as many playoffs games as I'd like...it'll save me a helluva lot of money in gas. It spend more in gas to drive to and from the game then at the actual game!

spiffie
08-13-2005, 02:51 PM
I don't know what the folks on the Minnie or Ozzie plans are promised, but when I talked to my ticket rep what my split season plan got me, I was told the following:
-All ALDS games
-2 ALCS games
-1 World Series game

chisoxfanatic
08-13-2005, 03:25 PM
I don't know what the folks on the Minnie or Ozzie plans are promised, but when I talked to my ticket rep what my split season plan got me, I was told the following:
-All ALDS games
-2 ALCS games
-1 World Series game

We with the Ozzie plan get all ALDS games. I don't think the Minnie Plan gets anything. It only guaranteed them Cubs tickets, IIRC.

ewokpelts
08-13-2005, 03:38 PM
-All ALDS games
-2 ALCS games
-1 World Series game
according to my page on the ST site on whitesox.com, I'm only getting one game for alcs/ws, and all 3 for alds
Gene

Palehose13
08-13-2005, 07:18 PM
according to my page on the ST site on whitesox.com, I'm only getting one game for alcs/ws, and all 3 for alds
Gene

What plan do you have?

edit: never mind. I just got my playoff ticket letter in the mail today. :D:

ewokpelts
08-14-2005, 03:10 PM
What plan do you have?

I have a 9 game, 13 game, AND a 27 game package. I also did a TON of groups this year.
Gene

ChicagoHoosier
08-14-2005, 10:35 PM
Minnie plan gets NOTHING. Wish I'd known that, since I'll end up at least 16 games this year. Ozzie i think gets you something...

chisoxfanatic
08-14-2005, 10:57 PM
Minnie plan gets NOTHING. Wish I'd known that, since I'll end up at least 16 games this year. Ozzie i think gets you something...

Well, you DO have a ticket rep, don't you? If that's the case, maybe he or she can get you a ticket instead of you having to wait in line at the box office or on the online line for Ticketmaster!

popilius
08-14-2005, 11:07 PM
-All ALDS games
-2 ALCS games
-1 World Series game

Spiffie,

Do you mean that if I purchase a "split-season" plan for next year, will I be promised the above for this year? Thanks, popilius.

peeonwrigley
08-15-2005, 12:49 AM
I have a 9 game, 13 game, AND a 27 game package. I also did a TON of groups this year.
Gene

I don't know details of season tickets at all... but if you have a rep and they know how much $$ you've put into the games this year you'd think they'd work something out so you'd have the opportunity to get most if not all playoff games.

ewokpelts
08-15-2005, 11:03 AM
I don't know details of season tickets at all... but if you have a rep and they know how much $$ you've put into the games this year you'd think they'd work something out so you'd have the opportunity to get most if not all playoff games.already asked about that...
Gene

BRDSR
08-15-2005, 12:09 PM
already asked about that...
Gene

I'm on the 27 game plan too and I just called my ticket rep. He was pretty helpful but it is clear that I can't get any more than 3 ALDS, 1 ALCS, and 1 WS. Thats pretty much okay with me as I'm on a pretty limited budget anyway. I know I can't make it to all the ALDS games, so I'll probably end up selling game 2. Anyway, I am REALLY excited for the postseason to start.

Blob
08-15-2005, 05:17 PM
already asked about that...
Gene

And was your response the same as mine? NO?

Zach23 and I have been partial season ticket holders for about 9 or 10 years. We always get the same response, "Major League Baseball needs so many seats." Blah, blah, blah.

Forget major league baseball. How about the fans that have sat through the looooooooong seasons of nothing. Don't we count for anything? I am happy we get something, don't get me wrong. But, we should have a chance at all the games. Even if we sit in the upper deck, that's cool. At least they gave us the opportunity to go.

Now some Joe Schmo can camp out over night and get a ticket to the WS before we do? Who hasn't gone to ANY games this year? How fair is that?

We are not asking for a bunch of seats, we just want our 2 seats. If we bought full season tickets we can get all the games. Why not with the partials?

We have gone through this twice in the last several years and it pains me each time. We can not afford full season tickets. Way to many games to go to and then you end up giving them away or trying to sell them.

I vented...Now I feel better.

IlliniSox
08-15-2005, 05:36 PM
What plan do you have?

Did anyone else recieve a letter today?

BRDSR
08-15-2005, 07:06 PM
Did anyone else recieve a letter today?

No, but I did call my rep and he said the latest batch was sent out on Saturday so if you live in the Chicagoland area I think you can expect it tomorrow or Wednesday. He also said that if it didn't come soon, I ought to call again as they can do the orders over the phone. I would try that if you're anxious to get it taken care of.

ewokpelts
08-15-2005, 07:18 PM
And was your response the same as mine? NO?

Zach23 and I have been partial season ticket holders for about 9 or 10 years. We always get the same response, "Major League Baseball needs so many seats." Blah, blah, blah.

Forget major league baseball. How about the fans that have sat through the looooooooong seasons of nothing. Don't we count for anything? I am happy we get something, don't get me wrong. But, we should have a chance at all the games. Even if we sit in the upper deck, that's cool. At least they gave us the opportunity to go.

Now some Joe Schmo can camp out over night and get a ticket to the WS before we do? Who hasn't gone to ANY games this year? How fair is that?

We are not asking for a bunch of seats, we just want our 2 seats. If we bought full season tickets we can get all the games. Why not with the partials?

We have gone through this twice in the last several years and it pains me each time. We can not afford full season tickets. Way to many games to go to and then you end up giving them away or trying to sell them.

I vented...Now I feel better.
kinda a "mebbe" answer....i mentioned that i was looking to move to the ud, and said if i do, it's for a full season...he told me he'd ask the bosses to waive the higher deposit fees(1400 a seat for 06) since i'm a big group spender...
Gene