PDA

View Full Version : Evil Article from Red-Sigh

Mr. White Sox
08-12-2005, 03:43 PM
Moronic article that takes jabs whenever it can. At least it got the multiple-choice question right.
Link of Shame (http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseball/cs-050812greenfield,1,6219267.story?coll=cs-home-headlines)

Baby Fisk
08-12-2005, 03:51 PM
AAAAA! :cower:

Jeez, that was a harsh surprise. You really built it up, but should have warned us what that link would take us to. The headline alone got that window closed immediately.

Optipessimism
08-12-2005, 03:51 PM
Wow.

What, exactly, is this article supposed to do but spawn piles of hate mail?

Maybe I'm old fashioned, but shouldn't an editorial be designed to bring an issue to light or be a way for an enthusiast to look at things from a different perspective?

This isn't even about sports. I'd even be shaking my head if I were a Flub fan.

Jerko
08-12-2005, 03:53 PM
Didn't even make it thru the 2nd paragraph. Pure and utter garbage.

Madvora
08-12-2005, 03:53 PM
The first step is to memorize their motto ("bitter is better") and then fire off a nasty e-mail to Tribune Co., which owns the Cubs, and accuse it of media bias.

Point out how the Chicago Tribune doesn't give the White Sox fair coverage and will always write positive headlines for the Cubs even when they're losing.

Remember that when you write your note you should offer no evidence whatsoever to support your argument.
Maybe he should check out Hangar's "Chicago NewsMedia Watch"
Does this guy really think their is fair coverage? My God!

This article right here just proves the point. This is just an all out attack on everything White Sox and for what reason? Where the hell did this come from?... oh yeah the Tribune.

Over By There
08-12-2005, 03:56 PM
I love that Cubs fans write stupid, bitter crap like this. White Sox Baseball 2005: Getting Under Your Skin

MarySwiss
08-12-2005, 04:00 PM
The thing that really kills me is that any Flub fan thinks we would even WANT them to root for the Sox!

Pay attention, Flubs fans: WE DON'T CARE!

Iwritecode
08-12-2005, 04:01 PM
Maybe he should check out Hangar's "Chicago NewsMedia Watch"
Does this guy really think their is fair coverage? My God!

This article right here just proves the point. This is just an all out attack on everything White Sox and for what reason? Where the hell did this come from?... oh yeah the Tribune.

I read this article and was going to mention that same quote and make the same comment about Hangar's Media Watch. But I got side-tracked...

I knew if I didn't somebody else would. :D:

maurice
08-12-2005, 04:11 PM
offer no evidence whatsoever to support your argument

WSI obviously is (literally) a virtual library of evidence proving Trib anti-Sox bias.
Mr. Librarian, please file the publication of this trash as the latest example.

I look forward to an op ed piece smearing cub fans, since . . .

:knue
"The Trib covers both teams the same."

Hangar18
08-12-2005, 04:21 PM
Jimmy is a 1st class jack-ass. I can tell hes a cub fan by the way he writes his articles ....... full of innuendo and ignoring the Truth.

Jimmy. Im sure you (and a ton of other media types) read my NewsMedia Watch. That was born purely because I SUSPECTED the Cubs were always getting Way More Coverage, and what the SOX did get, was almost always Negatively Slanted. Instead of just SAYING the Tribune is biased against the SOX, I decided to get proof first.

Like a Good Cop would pursue this ......I asked myself.....
Was there a MOTIVE? my goodness yes. Seems the owners of the Cubs
were none other than the .......Chicago Tribune! hmmmmmm Why wouldnt they? One of their profit centers, the Cubs, has a direct competitor in the SOX and what better way to help your product, than to slam and denigrate the SOX product, while giving MORE coverage to their product the CUBS.
Talk about how great the Park is, and how badk the other park is. Talk about one teams "history" incessantly, while ignoring the other teams equal if not "better" history.

I like how this BOZO claims that I offer all of this up for argument, and "Offer no evidence whatsoever to support (my) argument". Say Jimmy, my daily watches are daily PROOF. what more do you need?

The rest of the article is a back-handed compliment to SOX fans, which is FINE by me. Hey Jimmy, Were still in 1st :smile:

Argalarga
08-12-2005, 04:32 PM
Bitter, party of one, your table is ready.

maurice
08-12-2005, 04:36 PM
I just noticed this gem:
You're going to experience a desire to look at the neighborhood treetops and the vibrant rooftops, and instead all you will see is the faraway upper deck guarding Chicago's skyline from view.

It's a shame that there aren't any trees near the Cell. Wait, what are all those green things scattered between the lights and the scoreboard?
http://www.ballparksofbaseball.com/al/uscell.jpg

TornLabrum
08-12-2005, 04:38 PM
What a bunch of tripe! Once more George Knue, who says the Tribune and it's web site give the Sox fair coverage while printing trash like that.

George, I dare you to show your face here now!

:knue

"Sorry, I can't. I've...uh...gotta work on my car."

BTW, there is a poll attached to that article. I voted for choice B. I think everyone else here should, too.

MIgrenade
08-12-2005, 04:44 PM
Jealous much?

Cowhead418
08-12-2005, 04:45 PM
Um no sorry but while I do think the Cub fans are losers, they are far from loveable.

Kogs35
08-12-2005, 05:17 PM
Jimmy is a 1st class jack-ass. I can tell hes a cub fan by the way he writes his articles .......

when mlb.com hired beat reporters for each team jimmy was the whitesox beeat reporter. he lasted 1 season.

Soxzilla
08-12-2005, 05:20 PM
Jimmy is a 1st class jack-ass. I can tell hes a cub fan by the way he writes his articles ....... full of innuendo and ignoring the Truth.

Jimmy. Im sure you (and a ton of other media types) read my NewsMedia Watch. That was born purely because I SUSPECTED the Cubs were always getting Way More Coverage, and what the SOX did get, was almost always Negatively Slanted. Instead of just SAYING the Tribune is biased against the SOX, I decided to get proof first.

Like a Good Cop would pursue this ......I asked myself.....
Was there a MOTIVE? my goodness yes. Seems the owners of the Cubs
were none other than the .......Chicago Tribune! hmmmmmm Why wouldnt they? One of their profit centers, the Cubs, has a direct competitor in the SOX and what better way to help your product, than to slam and denigrate the SOX product, while giving MORE coverage to their product the CUBS.
Talk about how great the Park is, and how badk the other park is. Talk about one teams "history" incessantly, while ignoring the other teams equal if not "better" history.

I like how this BOZO claims that I offer all of this up for argument, and "Offer no evidence whatsoever to support (my) argument". Say Jimmy, my daily watches are daily PROOF. what more do you need?

The rest of the article is a back-handed compliment to SOX fans, which is FINE by me. Hey Jimmy, Were still in 1st :smile:

Nah, Jimmy is a great guy. Sure he's a Cubs fan, but that is a problem he'll have to deal with himself.:wink:

Regardless, I've enjoyed talking with Jimmy, he seems to be one of the more accessible editors at the Tribune Co. and heck, he even bought my brother and I Starbucks the day I got to talk with him. If anything, he's a class act.

While I'm very sure Jimmy knows about WSI I highly doubt his words were completely targeted to you Hangar. I'm sure there are many incompetent White Sox fans that feel the need to send hate mail without backing up any of their claims. I personally enjoy the time you take in your MediaWatches, which is why I don't believe this article is correlated with anything posted on this website. Then again, maybe it is. Better bust out that tin hat.

I, for one, enjoyed some of the article. Although I don't want Cubs fans jumping on the bandwagon like they did with the Fake Sox last year (Not that true Cubs fans would, if such fans exist), I still got a chuckle from some lines, esp. the Polish one (Is it a coincidence I'm Polish?:tongue:).

But, regardless, give it a rest. This article wasn't put out to slight the White Sox, it's just some light-hearted reading, do yourselves a favor and read some other non-baseball stuff by Jimmy if you find it that HARD to believe.

TornLabrum
08-12-2005, 05:27 PM
Nah, Jimmy is a great guy. Sure he's a Cubs fan, but that is a problem he'll have to deal with himself.:wink:

Regardless, I've enjoyed talking with Jimmy, he seems to be one of the more accessible editors at the Tribune Co. and heck, he even bought my brother and I Starbucks the day I got to talk with him. If anything, he's a class act.

While I'm very sure Jimmy knows about WSI I highly doubt his words were completely targeted to you Hangar. I'm sure there are many incompetent White Sox fans that feel the need to send hate mail without backing up any of their claims. I personally enjoy the time you take in your MediaWatches, which is why I don't believe this article is correlated with anything posted on this website. Then again, maybe it is. Better bust out that tin hat.

I, for one, enjoyed some of the article. Although I don't want Cubs fans jumping on the bandwagon like they did with the Fake Sox last year (Not that true Cubs fans would, if such fans exist), I still got a chuckle from some lines, esp. the Polish one (Is it a coincidence I'm Polish?:tongue:).

But, regardless, give it a rest. This article wasn't put out to slight the White Sox, it's just some light-hearted reading, do yourselves a favor and read some other non-baseball stuff by Jimmy if you find it that HARD to believe.

Yeah, Jimmy's a great guy...He uses his position at a newspaper owned by the same corporation that owns a baseball team, and he uses it to trash the fans of the other team in town that is in direct competition with his employer's parent company.

It's just corporate synergy. No harm in that!

Soxzilla
08-12-2005, 05:29 PM
Yeah, Jimmy's a great guy...He uses his position at a newspaper owned by the same corporation that owns a baseball team, and he uses it to trash the fans of the other team in town that is in direct competition with his employer's parent company.

It's just corporate synergy. No harm in that!
[/color][/color]

You have to pay the bills somehow.

EDIT - Where exactly did we get 'trashed' in that article? The bleeding knuckle? *****, it's a joke. IMO, the Cubs fans got a far worse thrashing then we did in the article. Take it easy.

SOXSINCE'70
08-12-2005, 05:42 PM
Whether he made fun of the Sox or not (I barely scanned this piece of
garbage.Is this drillrod related to Maggott-otti??),my advice to bandwagon jumpers is simple:

If you can't deal with the fact that the SOX are 74-39 and get very
little (to no) attention from the mediots at the Eastcoast SPaz Network,
STAY AWAY FROM SOX PARK AND KISS MY ASS!!!:angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

If you want to root for the Sox in place of the "lovable lunkheads",
fine.But if you think coming to Sox Park gives you free reign to knock
the team,drink until you can't walk,and start fights with REAL Sox fans
(they're the ones paying attention to the game,BTW),then stay home.
Sox fans will be laughing in October.Hey,i'm ticked the Cards have lost
2 straight to the "lovable loo-sahs". Chris Carpenter,Sox killer extrordainaire,
pitches tomorrow.The Cards better split this series 2-2.:angry: :angry:.

I hate it when the Chicago "Evil Empire" wins.

CubsSuckMySox
08-12-2005, 09:23 PM
Posted by Jimmy Greenfield on August 12th, this article sarcastically provides Cubs' fans tips on how to switch to the Sox' winning side.

http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseball/whitesox/cs-050812greenfield,1,4195773.story?coll=cs-whitesox-headlines&ctrack=1&cset=true

Just another jealous Cubs fan I guess.

buehrle4cy05
08-12-2005, 09:57 PM
I'm sorry, but this article is the most biased article I have seen this entire year. All it does is rip the Cell while blowing up Wrigely Field. HIS answer to his pop-quiz obviously was A: "[Cubs fans are] the most knowledgeable baseball fans the world has ever known." Give me a break. What is he implying? That Sox fans are a bunch of low-class, know-nothing baseball fans?

Maybe he should also go U.S. Cellular and realize that there IS a view of the city skyline. Try walking outside Upper Deck and looking North. You have to do the same at the Urinal, except it's probably through a rusted chain-link fence.

Oh, and there's a reason why the White Sox don't have "guest conductors" for the 7th inning stretch. I'm glad to go to a game and not have the people around me asking "who's singing tonight?" when there's a bases-loaded, 2-out, 3-2 pitch on the way.

chitownhawkfan
08-12-2005, 09:59 PM
Whether he made fun of the Sox or not (I barely scanned this piece of
garbage.Is this drillrod related to Maggott-otti??),my advice to bandwagon jumpers is simple:

If you can't deal with the fact that the SOX are 74-39 and get very
little (to no) attention from the mediots at the Eastcoast SPaz Network,
STAY AWAY FROM SOX PARK AND KISS MY ASS!!!:angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

If you want to root for the Sox in place of the "lovable lunkheads",
fine.But if you think coming to Sox Park gives you free reign to knock
the team,drink until you can't walk,and start fights with REAL Sox fans
(they're the ones paying attention to the game,BTW),then stay home.
Sox fans will be laughing in October.Hey,i'm ticked the Cards have lost
2 straight to the "lovable loo-sahs". Chris Carpenter,Sox killer extrordainaire,
pitches tomorrow.The Cards better split this series 2-2.:angry: :angry:.

I hate it when the Chicago "Evil Empire" wins.

I actually hope the Cubs sweep the Cardinals, just so the Sheep can get their hopes crushed again. STUPID SHEEP!

BigHurt359300
08-12-2005, 10:04 PM
That Article is horrible, there is no point, for the next month i will check the sports headline everyday, and check if it is Cubs(anti-sox), Sox(ani-cubs), or other, like, rex grossman breaks ankle.....go go orton! and then see what the stats are at the end of the month.....GRR:angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::a ngry:

bunnybrief
08-14-2005, 04:27 AM
I love the part about Sox fans having "blood on their fists".

I'm sorry if this sounds extreme, but that really sounds like hate propaganda from the thirties or something.

I guess they'll never be the Wall Street Journal at this rate.

:rolleyes: