PDA

View Full Version : KW's contract

Optipessimism
08-12-2005, 09:32 AM
Does anyone know KW's contract situation? I've done some searching but can't find anything explaining how long he is with us.

The reason I ask is if time's running out, JR should extend him.

Tekijawa
08-12-2005, 09:36 AM
Under the Radar!!

Lip Man 1
08-12-2005, 12:31 PM
My opinion is that because of Williams' relationship with Reinsdorf which dates back to the early 80's and Reinsdorf's personal comment to Williams' parents, that he'd 'always' take care of their son, my guess is that Williams has the job as long as he wants it.

Lip

Chisox003
08-12-2005, 01:02 PM
My opinion is that because of Williams' relationship with Reinsdorf which dates back to the early 80's and Reinsdorf's personal comment to Williams' parents, that he'd 'always' take care of their son, my guess is that Williams has the job as long as he wants it.

Lip

Lip, do you think that had Podsednik, Iguchi, and other guys KW brought in this offseason, had they been a flop, Kenny would still have his job as general manager?

I saw those moves as not only changing the face of the team, but changing the face of his whole GM tenure for the Sox.

Maybe JR would have given Williams another front office job, but if Podsednik was hitting .230, Gooch was benched in favor of, gasp, Willie Harris, and the Sox were fighting to stay above .500, Kenny would have been out of the GM role

Just my opinion

mrfourni
08-12-2005, 01:09 PM
Lip, do you think that had Podsednik, Iguchi, and other guys KW brought in this offseason, had they been a flop, Kenny would still have his job as general manager?

I saw those moves as not only changing the face of the team, but changing the face of his whole GM tenure for the Sox.

Maybe JR would have given Williams another front office job, but if Podsednik was hitting .230, Gooch was benched in favor of, gasp, Willie Harris, and the Sox were fighting to stay above .500, Kenny would have been out of the GM role

Just my opinion

I disagree. I think JR has confidence in KW and if this season was a flop he would have gotten at least one more chance. I mean he stuck with Crumbs for a lot longer than he should have

soltrain21
08-12-2005, 01:12 PM
This was mentioned in a previous thread, but this Sox team has taken on an entirely different face. I am enjoying it immensely. Hopefully Kenny Williams is around for a long time. Same goes for Boyer and Ozzie.

Lip Man 1
08-12-2005, 01:37 PM
Chisox 03:

Yes. For all his faults one thing you have to give to JR is that he is loyal to the people who are loyal to him. That can also be a curse however, see Krause, Jerry, but unless you were looking at say a 60 win season he was going to come back.

Lip

cleanwsox
08-12-2005, 02:47 PM
Could you imagine KW with the Yankees? Never would happen but it would be interesting to see what he could do with that budget.

mrfourni
08-12-2005, 03:01 PM
Could you imagine KW with the Yankees? Never would happen but it would be interesting to see what he could do with that budget.

If you think the yankees GM is allowed to make any personnell decisions, you're kidding yourself.

Optipessimism
08-12-2005, 03:30 PM
If you think the yankees GM is allowed to make any personnell decisions, you're kidding yourself.

Exactly. Can you imagine what Cashman could do with that budget?

Oh, wait...

Rooney4Prez56
08-12-2005, 05:04 PM
JR wouldnt let his GM of the Year candidate go now, would he? I hope not.