ALDS Bleachers, Lower reserved, Upper Box $40
ALDS Upper Reserved $30
ALCS Lower deck box, Club Box $100
ALCS Bleachers, Lower reserved, Upper Box $75
ALCS Upper Reserved $65
WS Lower deck box, Club Box $185
WS Bleachers, Lower reserved, Upper Box $140
WS Upper Reserved $125

Full season ticket holders can buy one additional UD seat for every seat they own. Money for season ticket holders is due on August 29, so I assume public sale will take place sometime thereafter.

Chips
08-11-2005, 06:38 PM
I hope the job doesn't send me out of town again when they go on sale.

The Dude
08-11-2005, 09:10 PM

Well if they do, then you're SOL!

psyclonis
08-11-2005, 09:34 PM
any info on SRO prices?

Viva Medias B's
08-11-2005, 09:50 PM
Did you get your invoices? My ticket rep e-mailed me today saying they'll be out by mid next week.

Milw
08-11-2005, 10:23 PM
Do we know how many season ticket holders there are? Assuming they all buy the max, how many tickets will be available to the general public?

The Critic
08-12-2005, 04:16 AM
Do we know how many season ticket holders there are? Assuming they all buy the max, how many tickets will be available to the general public?
Once they get done providing tickets for season-ticket holders, other MLB teams, corporate sponsors, etc., I doubt there will be very many left for non-ST fans.
I already basically assume I'll be shut out, but that's OK, cuz I have two nice TVs at home! You won't find me complaining about White Sox PLAYOFF Baseball!!!

doogiec
08-12-2005, 06:03 AM
Did you get your invoices? My ticket rep e-mailed me today saying they'll be out by mid next week.

My invoices arrived in Thursday's mail.

doogiec
08-12-2005, 06:05 AM
any info on SRO prices?

IIRC, they did not sell SRO for the 2000 playoffs, don't know what their plans are this year.

mrwag
08-12-2005, 07:39 AM
Doesn't matter - I'll pay a scalper for WS tickets. I've already informed the wife!

downstairs
08-12-2005, 07:54 AM
Doesn't matter - I'll pay a scalper for WS tickets. I've already informed the wife!

I wonder if anyone here has any idea how much these tickets (ALDS, ALCS, WS) normally go for from a scalper/stubbub/etc.?

I'm not even talking good seats... the cheapest will do...

Mots09
08-12-2005, 07:58 AM
There will be plenty of tickets left for non season ticket holders. Just a matter of using every resource you have to get them.

IE:
one of your buddies camping out
one of your buddies on the phone
one of your buddies on a laptop
you on a desktop
:dtroll:

bunnybrief
08-12-2005, 08:03 AM
I sure hope I get my invoice, since I'm having problems getting all of my mail.

Can we pin this information?

Paxson93
08-12-2005, 08:42 AM
There will be plenty of tickets left for non season ticket holders. Just a matter of using every resource you have to get them.

You can also bid on tickets now online at this site:
http://www.theticketreserve.com/Tritone/home.html

(Sorry if that's considered spam!)

steff
08-12-2005, 09:03 AM
I sure hope I get my invoice, since I'm having problems getting all of my mail.

Can we pin this information?

We didn't get ours yet either. Don't worry.. :wink:

Madvora
08-12-2005, 09:13 AM
You can also bid on tickets now online at this site:
http://www.theticketreserve.com/Tritone/home.html

(Sorry if that's considered spam!)
Can you explain this a little bit? I read about it, but it's still a little confusing.

34 Inch Stick
08-12-2005, 10:22 AM
I am sure to get a few as I have a very small portion of a season ticket pool. I also hope to get some on line when they go on sale. If they make the WS I will pay whatever the scalper asks. I would rather go to a WS game at the cell than have a Christmas present under the tree in December.

Paxson93
08-12-2005, 10:30 AM
Can you explain this a little bit? I read about it, but it's still a little confusing.

I actually have not done it, but friends have.... basically it seems to me to work almost like an EBay auction on the rights to buy face value tickets. You are actually bidding on the contract, not the tickets themselves.

However, the only catch is if you bid on later games that aren't necessary, or for playoff rounds the Sox don't make it to, you are out your bid. Not the ticket price though. So if you bid $30 on Game 1 ALDS bleacher seat ($40 face) you will wind up paying $70; if you bid on Game 5 and the Sox win it in 3, you will be out $30. :D:

dakuda
08-12-2005, 11:44 AM
I actually have not done it, but friends have.... basically it seems to me to work almost like an EBay auction on the rights to buy face value tickets. You are actually bidding on the contract, not the tickets themselves.

However, the only catch is if you bid on later games that aren't necessary, or for playoff rounds the Sox don't make it to, you are out your bid. Not the ticket price though. So if you bid $30 on Game 1 ALDS bleacher seat ($40 face) you will wind up paying $70; if you bid on Game 5 and the Sox win it in 3, you will be out $30. :D:

What I do not understand is: are you guaranteed the tickets if you have the 'rights'.

Doesn't seem too much of a sure thing. WHere do those tickets come from?

Ol' No. 2
08-12-2005, 11:50 AM
What I do not understand is: are you guaranteed the tickets if you have the 'rights'.

Doesn't seem too much of a sure thing. WHere do those tickets come from?These guys were at SoxFest and I talked with him for a while. Supposedly, you have a guarantee that you will get the tickets, but of course, the guarantee is only as good as the guarantor. They could, theoretically, take off to South America with the money and you might never see the tickets. I asked him where the tickets come from and he was coy about that. Maybe they figure they'll make enough profit from all the warrents that expire so that they can buy them from ticket brokers and still come out ahead.

Brian26
08-12-2005, 11:57 AM

Hopefully she doesn't scalp you after she finds out how much you will spend :D:

ewokpelts
08-12-2005, 02:29 PM
i got my ozzie order form(still waiting on my 27 game plan order form and any possible ticket offers for doing groups).

Gene

bunnybrief
08-12-2005, 02:32 PM
Damn, I'm so jealous.

Still waiting for mine, and I'm a little nervous...

Madvora
08-12-2005, 03:34 PM
When playoff tickets go on sale, do they only sell the ALDS first, or do they sell for all 3 series at once?

Ol' No. 2
08-12-2005, 03:35 PM
When playoff tickets go on sale, do they only sell the ALDS first, or do they sell for all 3 series at once?Last time they did one series at a time. They never got to selling WS tickets, though.:(:

Madvora
08-12-2005, 03:43 PM
Last time they did one series at a time. They never got to selling WS tickets, though.:(:
That might change though because I know my sister had money in for World Series tickets in 1993. I can't remember how she did this though. Maybe they went on sale after the first series started? Then again there was only the ALCS and WS back in the old days.

brewcrew/chisox
08-12-2005, 04:07 PM
Man I picked a bad year to get rid of my season ticket package and settle for the 9 game. :angry:

I'll be standing in line with the rest of the schmucks.

Me=schmuck

chisoxfanatic
08-12-2005, 04:29 PM
I still haven't gotten my invoice, and I have the Ozzie Plan this year. Does it come later for Ozzie Plan holders than full season ticket plan holders? This is my first year with a season ticket plan...Does this invoice come in the mail? And, may I purchase seats wherever I wish, or am I relegated to the UD like I was for the Friday game against the Cubs? Should I contact my ticket rep for my ticketing needs?

Mots09
08-12-2005, 04:47 PM
for non season ticket holders playoff tickets go on sale either Sept 10 or 17th per Box office at the Cell... waiting for MLB to tell them

TornLabrum
08-12-2005, 04:48 PM
I still haven't gotten my invoice, and I have the Ozzie Plan this year. Does it come later for Ozzie Plan holders than full season ticket plan holders? This is my first year with a season ticket plan...Does this invoice come in the mail? And, may I purchase seats wherever I wish, or am I relegated to the UD like I was for the Friday game against the Cubs? Should I contact my ticket rep for my ticketing needs?

Mine was in today's mail. The seats are upper deck box, and you can purchase up to four per game at $40 per. There is a $20 handling charge on the order. You must purchase the same number of tickets for every game.

soxwon
08-12-2005, 04:52 PM
i talked to my ticket rep.
I have the 27 game plan
since i have one seat in the UD reserved seat, ill be getting all 3 first round games, and 1 game for the ALCS and 1 for the Series.
You must pay for all these games.
Also they bumped me up to Box seats UD for these games.
The invoice will be for around 350$ for 5 games.
Thats pretty decent.
The other games im on my own.

TomBradley72
08-12-2005, 04:54 PM

Need to start planting the seeds now with your boss on potential conflicts that could make it very challenging to travel (the vaguer the better...so not as likely to probe for specifics).

I've been working this since early June....currently have a out of town meeting scheduled the week of the World Series....

chisoxfanatic
08-12-2005, 04:58 PM
Mine was in today's mail. The seats are upper deck box, and you can purchase up to four per game at $40 per. There is a $20 handling charge on the order. You must purchase the same number of tickets for every game.

I was under the impression that Ozzie Plan holders could only purchase tickets to one of the ALDS games. That's what my ticket rep said...Can I actually purchase more??

ewokpelts
08-12-2005, 05:04 PM
ud only...i got my form today
Gene

TornLabrum
08-12-2005, 05:07 PM
I was under the impression that Ozzie Plan holders could only purchase tickets to one of the ALDS games. That's what my ticket rep said...Can I actually purchase more??

My order form says UP TO 4 TICKETS. I'll make a correction, too, it also includes upper reserved @ $30.00 per ticket for the three games.

Rooney4Prez56
08-12-2005, 05:09 PM
I dont care if I get upper deck tickets...i just wanna see the game!

chisoxfanatic
08-12-2005, 05:14 PM
My order form says UP TO 4 TICKETS. I'll make a correction, too, it also includes upper reserved @ $30.00 per ticket for the three games.

I actually went outside to my mailbox just a few minutes ago, and lo and behold, it was in there. I plan on getting tickets to all 3 ALDS games. I'm gonna ask around work as to who would like to go in on this with me as well.

BTW, Hal, do you by chance know if the tickets are refundable if the game isn't played (for example, we don't need a game 5 to decide the series), or must it be applied to a 2006 season ticket plan?

TornLabrum
08-12-2005, 05:22 PM
I actually went outside to my mailbox just a few minutes ago, and lo and behold, it was in there. I plan on getting tickets to all 3 ALDS games. I'm gonna ask around work as to who would like to go in on this with me as well.

BTW, Hal, do you by chance know if the tickets are refundable if the game isn't played (for example, we don't need a game 5 to decide the series), or must it be applied to a 2006 season ticket plan?

It's either/or. You can either receive a refund or apply the unused portion to next year's plan. I'll probably take the either part if the unthinkable should happen.

ewokpelts
08-12-2005, 05:24 PM

You should call your rep, but you should have the option for a refund. 27/81 game plans have to check a box to indicate a refund or not.
Gene

soxgirl617
08-16-2005, 11:05 AM
There is a $20 handling charge on the order.

Am I the only one who is annoyed by the $20 handling charge? (Which, BTW, applies separately to your full-season ticket order and your "extra" ticket order, for a total of $40.) Yes, I know that I am very very lucky to have such an opportunity (although I've earned it, being a season ticket holder for 12 years), so please don't jump on me about it. However, I find it really chintzy that the Sox are charging us to handle and sell THEIR OWN tickets. This isn't like (the hated) Ticketmaster, which is a third-party vendor which makes its money only from the handling fees. These are the Sox, charging their season ticket holders for their own overhead (the ticket office). It bugs me.

However, I must add that I am THRILLED that we're even talking about playoff tickets!!:smile:

ewokpelts
08-16-2005, 11:07 AM
Am I the only one who is annoyed by the $20 handling charge? (Which, BTW, applies separately to your full-season ticket order and your "extra" ticket order, for a total of $40.) Yes, I know that I am very very lucky to have such an opportunity (although I've earned it, being a season ticket holder for 12 years), so please don't jump on me about it. However, I find it really chintzy that the Sox are charging us to handle and sell THEIR OWN tickets. This isn't like (the hated) Ticketmaster, which is a third-party vendor which makes its money only from the handling fees. These are the Sox, charging their season ticket holders for their own overhead (the ticket office). It bugs me.

However, I must add that I am THRILLED that we're even talking about playoff tickets!!:smile:well.....to be fair, they have to ship them to us via dhl express shipping services, and that aint cheap.....
Gene

peeonwrigley
08-16-2005, 11:29 AM
well.....to be fair, they have to ship them to us via dhl express shipping services, and that aint cheap.....
Gene

Seems to me the Sox will probably still be clearing a bit of a profit from the handling fees.

DannyCaterFan
08-16-2005, 11:44 AM
Got my invoice for tickets in the mail yesterday

steff
08-16-2005, 12:23 PM
well.....to be fair, they have to ship them to us via dhl express shipping services, and that aint cheap.....
Gene

And the tickets themselves are pretty cool. Like the AS tickets. A bit more to print those I'm sure.

Palehose13
08-16-2005, 02:58 PM
And the tickets themselves are pretty cool. Like the AS tickets. A bit more to print those I'm sure.

Has anyone actually received these tickets yet or know when they will be sent?

steff
08-16-2005, 04:36 PM
Has anyone actually received these tickets yet or know when they will be sent?

I didn't see them personally but assume they will be like the last ones were.

soxwon
08-16-2005, 04:59 PM
im still waiting for my invoice, who HASN't Gotten theirs?

scottjanssens
08-17-2005, 10:46 AM
I got mine yesterday (8/16). And either it's wrong or I was lied to when I upgraded my ticket plan. Either way I'm annoyed. Still waiting for my ticket rep to pick up the phone.

SoxFan78
08-17-2005, 10:52 AM

As of 8/16 I still haven't received mine. It is on my online ticket account though. But I would like to see where my seats are gonna be though.

ChicagoHoosier
08-17-2005, 10:52 AM
I'm just waiting to camp out so I can buy individual Scout Seats for all the playoff games, including the WS!

ewokpelts
08-17-2005, 11:18 AM
Has anyone actually received these tickets yet or know when they will be sent?you'll get them closer to the deadline. 2003 playoff tix were sent out to teh customers that paid right away...i sent in my order closer to the deadline, and the tix never got printed...
Gene

dickallen15
08-17-2005, 11:39 AM
As of 8/16 I still haven't received mine. It is on my online ticket account though. But I would like to see where my seats are gonna be though.

You can see the location on the on-line invoice. When you're at the invoice page, click on the details thing at the bottom, it will go to another screen which will give you location.

soxgirl617
08-17-2005, 11:44 AM

But that's my point: the season ticket holders are being asked to pay for the team's overhead (printing, shipping, etc.) I think that is the team's responsibility, not ours.

Okay, I've vented enough! I'll just anticipate the playoffs.......

steff
08-17-2005, 12:05 PM
But that's my point: the season ticket holders are being asked to pay for the team's overhead (printing, shipping, etc.) I think that is the team's responsibility, not ours.

Wow... :?:

HITMEN OF 77
08-17-2005, 12:30 PM
How can I get tickets for all ALDS, ALCS and WS games? I want 2 in the bleachers.

scottjanssens
08-17-2005, 03:15 PM
I got mine yesterday (8/16). And either it's wrong or I was lied to when I upgraded my ticket plan. Either way I'm annoyed. Still waiting for my ticket rep to pick up the phone.

Talked to my account rep. She said there may have been mistakes in the system if you changed your plan during the season. I doubt I have to say this, but make sure your invoice is correct if you've changed plans.

chisoxmike
08-17-2005, 11:34 PM

In 2003, I think 8,000 for each game of the ALDS went on sale to the public.

chisoxmike
08-17-2005, 11:41 PM
I just sent mine in the mail today. 2 tix for each game. Ozzie plan only lets me get upper deck, I chose the Upper Deck Box. $$ wasn't too bad.

I kept getting flashbacks to 2003 when I purchased playoff tickets, they came in the mail the day after the Sox were swept by the Twins.