PDA

View Full Version : Unreal A's-Angels finish

ChiSox14305635
08-11-2005, 06:48 PM
Tied at 4, Kendall on 3rd, Crosby on 1st, Chavez at the plate, & K-Rod pitching. Crosby steals 2nd, K-Rod's pitch is a ball, & K-Rod looks in disbelief. On Bengie Molina's throw back to the mound, the ball skips off of K-Rod's glove. Kendall races home and beats the throw for the A's victory. A's are now in 1st place in the West.

Strange way to end the game, & the Angels announcers were going ballistic.

Ol' No. 2
08-11-2005, 06:55 PM
Tied at 4, Kendall on 3rd, Crosby on 1st, Chavez at the plate, & K-Rod pitching. Crosby steals 2nd, K-Rod's pitch is a ball, & K-Rod looks in disbelief. On Bengie Molina's throw back to the mound, the ball skips off of K-Rod's glove. Kendall races home and beats the throw for the A's victory. A's are now in 1st place in the West.

Strange way to end the game, & the Angels announcers were going ballistic.I like the Gameday summary:
Jason Kendall scores on defensive indifference.
:rolling:

Chips
08-11-2005, 08:05 PM
:DJ uh-oh

The A's are playing great but we are going to take them in the playoffs.

soxwon
08-11-2005, 08:16 PM
Either the Angels beat oakland so bad and knock them completely out of the playoffs.

or

hope oakland wins the division and angels get wildcard.

this way sox play angels first then hope boston beats oakland

im opting for #2 .

NDSox12
08-11-2005, 08:22 PM
I like the Gameday summary:

:rolling:

Scoring on defensive indifference. That's hilarious :rolling:

Argalarga
08-11-2005, 08:32 PM
The afternoon guys on the local ESPN affiliate are going to crap themselves. Should make for some good radio.

Arkham
08-11-2005, 08:36 PM
Scoring on defensive indifference. That's hilarious :rolling:

Sounds more like "defensive incompetence" to me.

CHISOXFAN13
08-11-2005, 10:11 PM
Either the Angels beat oakland so bad and knock them completely out of the playoffs.

or

hope oakland wins the division and angels get wildcard.

this way sox play angels first then hope boston beats oakland

im opting for #2 .

I'd much rather the Indians or Yankees win the WC than the Angels.

Chisox003
08-11-2005, 10:17 PM
Wow that was a crazy ending!

Just watched it on MLB.TV.....

The funny thing was, not 15 seconds before it happened, the Angels announcer was stressing how important it was for catcher Jose Molina to block a slider in the dirt, because they "wouldnt want to lose on a wild pitch..."

Well, at least they didnt lose on a wild pitch :roflmao:

SpringfldFan
08-11-2005, 10:19 PM
I read on the Angels message board last week that one of their fans heard Chavez state the A's could care less about Anaheim. They want to get homefield advantage by eclipsing the White Sox.

SFF

samram
08-11-2005, 10:42 PM
I just saw the play a few minutes ago. No excuse for KRod to have a lapse in concentration like that (especially being on my fantasy team), but that was undoubtedly a strike (umpires' missing calls on my fantasy players is also unacceptable).

pczarapa
08-11-2005, 11:37 PM

Strange way to end the game, & the Angels announcers were going ballistic.

Hell, for all I care, let them finish in first and give someone else a chance to beat them before we'd have to face them in the playoffs. The A's are just a team we don't match up with very well.

Chips
08-11-2005, 11:47 PM
I'd much rather the Indians or Yankees win the WC than the Angels.

Absolutely, and I think I'd rather the A's than the Angels too. But if the Toons win the WC we wouldn't face them anyways. I would love to beat the Yankmees in the ALDS.

bigfoot
08-12-2005, 06:24 AM
Sounds more like "defensive incompetence" to me.

"incompetence", "indifference", sounds like these long words could be compacted into one short word,..........Cubs!

fquaye149
08-12-2005, 11:28 AM
I read on the Angels message board last week that one of their fans heard Chavez state the A's could care less about Anaheim. They want to get homefield advantage by eclipsing the White Sox.

SFF

rotsa ruck

Brian26
08-12-2005, 12:54 PM
How do you score "indifference" in a scorebook? I guess this applies to uncontested steals late in a game too.

elrod
08-12-2005, 12:56 PM
Can't we play the Royals in the ALDS?

Brian26
08-12-2005, 12:58 PM
Can't we play the Royals in the ALDS?

:hawk

"Your WHAT hurts?"

Brian26
08-12-2005, 12:59 PM
:hawk

"It's all a MINDSET, DJ. I hope we play the A's. We're going to kick their asses."

:DJ

"Well, partner, I disagree with you on that one."

So.ILSoxFan
08-12-2005, 01:45 PM
"incompetence", "indifference", sounds like these long words could be compacted into one short word,..........Cubs!

Gameday:Jason Kendall scores on cub-like defense.

I Like it!

:roflmao: