PDA

View Full Version : Rowand's Wednesday's Highlights

havelj
08-10-2005, 10:25 PM
mms://a1503.v108692.c10869.g.vm.akamaistream.net/7/1503/10869/v0001/mlb.download.akamai.com/10869/2005/open/topplays/archive08/081005_chanya_rowand_reel_350.wmv?ct1=mlb

kojak
08-10-2005, 10:29 PM
Better archive this one.

This will be one of those deals when they say "when did you really know that you were going to play deep into October" and we can just pull out the Rowand Reel from the Yankee Stadium series...

Fake Chet Lemon
08-10-2005, 11:01 PM
BBTN finally has "discovered" Aaron Rowand. They must have put their super detectives on overtime but they just realized that Aaron Rowand is more than a 4th outfielder. BBTN just did a fantastic recap of his great catches from the past week. They played a few in super slow-mow, broke them down and really gave him the props he deserves. BTW, if you didn't hear Farmio today, he told his Steve Phillips story. Phillips told him he had no idea Rowand was so good, he always thought Rowand was just a 4th outfielder until this series in New York. Enough said.

RadioheadRocks
08-10-2005, 11:36 PM
BBTN finally has "discovered" Aaron Rowand. They must have put their super detectives on overtime but they just realized that Aaron Rowand is more than a 4th outfielder. BBTN just did a fantastic recap of his great catches from the past week. They played a few is super slow-mow, broke them down and really gave him the props he deserves. BTW, if you didn't hear Farmio today, he told his Steve Phillips story. Phillips told him he had no idea Rowand was so good, he always thought Rowand was just a 4th outfielder until this series in New York. Enough said.

Good to hear that... at least I can live with the WEB GEMS on BBTN... the "Top 10 Plays" on SportsCenter sucks @$$ though... especially when 5 or 6 of the "top plays" consist of crap such as the "Log Rolling Festival Highlights" or the "Boofu Idaho Yak Races", etc.

SaltyPretzel
08-11-2005, 12:29 AM
:threadrules:

PAPChiSox729
08-11-2005, 12:30 AM
... the "Top 10 Plays" on SportsCenter sucks @$$ though... especially when 5 or 6 of the "top plays" consist of crap such as the "Log Rolling Festival Highlights" or the "Boofu Idaho Yak Races", etc.

That has never really bothered me. I don't really take anything that comes from ESPN seriously anymore. Plus, some of the stuff is pretty funny. I guess I am just easily entertained.
:redneck

LVSoxFan
08-11-2005, 11:02 AM
Did you see the quote from A-Rod in the paper today?

"That center fielder (Rowand) put on a absolute clinic today!"

a) What a compliment! When A-Rod's amazed!
b) He didn't even know his name apparently. LOL!

rowand33
08-11-2005, 11:55 AM
I always said in the offseason (back when I used to swear up and down that Rowand would get 30 HRs, 20 SB, 100 RBI, and hit at least .300... :redface: )
to my Cub fan friends when trying to defend this team:
"If Aaron Rowand played on the Yankees, Red Sox, or Cubs we would hear constantly about how he's going to be a superstar. Since he plays for us, nobody knows who he is"

While I may have overestimated his numbers (though I still think he could put up those numbers at some point after what we saw of him last year), I stand by my statement.

If Rowand was on the east coast or a Cub, some genius on BBTN would have already proclaimed him Willie Mays.

CaptainBallz
08-11-2005, 12:06 PM
Did you see the quote from A-Rod in the paper today?

"That center fielder (Rowand) put on a absolute clinic today!"

a) What a compliment! When A-Rod's amazed!
b) He didn't even know his name apparently. LOL!

Good for Rowand. That's the makings of an awesome series. Sox show everybody in baseball what they are as a team and who they are as individual players. Kickin butt and turnin heads. What more can ask for?

TimoPerez
08-11-2005, 12:25 PM
This is the first full series that I have seen the Sox play with Rowand as the starting centerfielder in every game. I always thought that he was good but I don't think I ever could have imagined this. He covers a ridiculous amount of ground and gets amazing jumps. If he plays like this all the time then he deserves a Gold Glove.

nebraskasox
08-11-2005, 12:54 PM
The running catch of Matsui's drive into the gap was my favorite. He made that play look almost routine as he caught it with a swipe of the glove without breaking stride. Aside from Uribe's throwing error (that's usually a routine play for him), solid D from the whole team yesterday.

We are making fielding plays we haven't made the last few years. So much for defense being our Achilles heel. We are winning games with defense! With few exceptions, we are not beating ourselves.

PAPChiSox729
08-11-2005, 01:05 PM
We are making fielding plays we haven't made the last few years. So much for defense being our Achilles heel. We are winning games with defense! With few exceptions, we are not beating ourselves.

Well this definitely isn't the same team as years past. Pitching and defense is how we win. And it has worked. Man, I love this team.
:D:

Gym Shoe
08-11-2005, 05:34 PM
Yeah, I love how just 2 years ago people on this board said Rowand couldn't hit and his defense was below average. Amazing how much of a 180 it has taken. I wonder who was saying he was the man back then?

Gym Shoe