PDA

View Full Version : "Spiderman" vs. The Ligues

Hondo
08-10-2005, 08:03 PM
Now I didn't watch PTI, ATH or Quite Frankly today but on sportscenter the main story was the TO drama.
Where is the outrage for the kid jumping into the net?
He jumped because he wanted to see if it would hold him. So he went into it knowing it may not.
Can you imagine the potential harm that could have been cause had he fallen through that hole just a few feet above where he landed?
That could have been a potentially fatal situation for not only him but the people below.
When the Ligues' incident happened it was an indictment of everything White Sox.
Now I'm not condoing what those morons did but I feel people in a way are giving this kid a free pass and Yankee fans in general a free pass.
I could only imagine what would happen if this incident occur at USCF

fquaye149
08-10-2005, 09:06 PM
Now I didn't watch PTI, ATH or Quite Frankly today but on sportscenter the main story was the TO drama.
He jumped because he wanted to see if it would hold him. So he went into it knowing it may not.
Can you imagine the potential harm that could have been cause had he fallen through that hole just a few feet above where he landed?
That could have been a potentially fatal situation for not only him but the people below.
When the Ligues' incident happened it was an indictment of everything White Sox.
Now I'm not condoing what those morons did but I feel people in a way are giving this kid a free pass and Yankee fans in general a free pass.

the kid did not attack anyone

Hondo
08-10-2005, 10:17 PM
the kid did not attack anyone

I know but he did it with the express knowledge that harm to himself and others was a possibility, according to what his friends said.

Once again not justifying what those dipwads did to Gamboa.

kjhanson
08-10-2005, 10:57 PM
Being at the game yesterday I can tell you that I was more concerned about the people below him than the actual kid. They all just stared blankly at him in disbelief while he sat on the net. When he moved completely off, a large hole was visible, along with a deep inset of where his body sat. Had he gone through the net, he surely would have done some serious damage to the people below. The kid deserves whatever het gets. He could have killed somebody along with himself.

Chips
08-11-2005, 12:25 AM

I'm pretty sure the Cubune and Scrub-Times would tell all readers why The Cell is a horrible and dangerous place where only druken *******s hang out attacking people.

Fred Manrique
08-11-2005, 08:54 AM
I'm pretty sure the Cubune and Scrub-Times would tell all readers why The Cell is a horrible and dangerous place where only druken *******s hang out attacking people.

What the kid did was horrible, but why does every single thing have to come back to how we get negative media attention?