PDA

View Full Version : It's GREAT to be a White Sox fan!!!

ArkanSox
08-10-2005, 06:52 PM
Is it just me, or is this TEAM of Sox players the best you've ever seen? I've watched most of their games this year and they seldom disappoint. Nearly every game they give it their all, and they are never out of it. Ozzie has made a big difference. He has that knack of keeping the players' heads in the game. I love how he gets everyone involved, and how he's playing everybody in the line-up. This is the most exciting White Sox team I can remember, and I've been a fan since that last World Series they played in. GO SOX!!!

ps--I've been a lurker and have enjoyed this board a lot. I feel like I all ready know some of you. I just have to jump aboard officially--I have that feeling there's a BIG party coming in October. :wink:

RadioheadRocks
08-10-2005, 06:53 PM
Is it just me, or is this TEAM of Sox players the best you've ever seen? I've watched most of their games this year and they seldom disappoint. Nearly every game they give it their all, and they are never out of it. Ozzie has made a big difference. He has that knack of keeping the players' heads in the game. I love how he gets everyone involved, and how he's playing everybody in the line-up. This is the most exciting White Sox team I can remember, and I've been a fan since that last World Series they played in. GO SOX!!!

ps--I've been a lurker and have enjoyed this board a lot. I feel like I all ready know some of you. I just have to jump aboard officially--I have that feeling there's a BIG party coming in October. :wink:

Welcome ArkanSox... glad to have you aboard!!! :welcome:

Hondo
08-10-2005, 06:55 PM

Like the nickname. WELCOME ABOARD!!!!

TimoandAaron
08-10-2005, 06:57 PM
welcome aboard, one thing before you start posting, dont type in the word atten.......

Irishsox1
08-10-2005, 06:57 PM
In May of 2000, the White Sox swept the Yankees in a 4 game series and won the 4th game 17-4. Needless to say, the Sox got swept out of the playoffs that year. Just because they beat the Yankees, doesn't mean we can start buying World Series tickets. All it means is the Sox won 2 out of 3 from a wild card contender. Don't put too much weight on it, just because its the Yankees.

ode to veeck
08-10-2005, 06:59 PM
welcome to WSI!

Erik The Red
08-10-2005, 07:01 PM
:welcome:

By the way, is that little stick figure in your signature the work of Don Hertzfeldt by any chance?

soxjim
08-10-2005, 07:01 PM
Welcome aboard. We won a series again. Thats what I like to see. Yes being a SOX fan is great. 3 of us SOX fans took over the radio at work today which left the cub fans to ponder. My niece is 9 and can't wait to go to a SOX game again.

BigEdWalsh
08-10-2005, 07:05 PM
Welcome, I love the name. :D: Glad you stopped lurking, nothing against you other lurkers....lurk away!!

ArkanSox
08-10-2005, 07:05 PM
Thanks for the welcomes. LMAO--yeah I know what you mean T&A, been lurking. You're right, Irish, beating the Yank$ 2 outa 3 doesn't guarantee anything, especially this year, but I love it and I still got that feeling!!! I have to head out--dart night at the pub. I'll check back in later. Hopefully not too :gulp: :tongue:

skobabe8
08-10-2005, 07:09 PM

SOXfnNlansing
08-10-2005, 08:18 PM
:welcome: you may have to come up for the Championship celebration this November:D:

ArkanSox
08-11-2005, 04:23 AM
Well, I made it back. We finished 2nd in darts tonight, I had a great time. Hey, SOXfnNlansing, if WE make it I'll make it up there. Still have a few die hard friends I can rely on for anything--ha. Let's Git-R-done!!! Erik The Red, I'm not sure the artist. I just liked it, and dl'd it to photo album. It is cool, huh? Good night, y'all from a way down south Sox fan. :smile:

ilsox7
08-11-2005, 04:26 AM
Well, I made it back. We finished 2nd in darts tonight, I had a great time. Hey, SOXfnNlansing, if WE make it I'll make it up there. Still have a few die hard friends I can rely on for anything--ha. Let's Git-R-done!!! Erik The Red, I'm not sure the artist. I just liked it, and dl'd it to photo album. It is cool, huh? Good night, y'all from a way down south Sox fan. :smile:

Wow darts in the deep south of Arkansas. That's awesome. I haven't thrown darts in a few years...since I was living in Europe. I sucked but it was fun anyways!

ArkanSox
08-11-2005, 04:47 AM
Yeah, steel darts at that. Most of the bars around Litle Rock play plastic.I've seen some of the tournaments on Fox. OMG--if I had to face some of those guys--it's like pick a #--double or triple? LMAO--I'm good for down here at least. Great bar game. :smile:

ilsox7
08-11-2005, 04:53 AM
Yeah, steel darts at that. Most of the bars around Litle Rock play plastic.I've seen some of the tournaments on Fox. OMG--if I had to face some of those guys--it's like pick a #--double or triple? LMAO--I'm good for down here at least. Great bar game. :smile:

I still wonder whose idea it originally was to give guys drinking beer sharp steel objects to throw around. :cool:

Realist
08-11-2005, 07:33 AM
Like the nickname. WELCOME ABOARD!!!!

The first thing I thought when I saw his nickname was, "Oh great... just what we need. A dead war criminal." :redneck

Then I saw that the new member is in Arkansas and I breathed a hugh sigh of relief.

GoSox2K3
08-11-2005, 08:00 AM
In May of 2000, the White Sox swept the Yankees in a 4 game series and won the 4th game 17-4. Needless to say, the Sox got swept out of the playoffs that year. Just because they beat the Yankees, doesn't mean we can start buying World Series tickets. All it means is the Sox won 2 out of 3 from a wild card contender. Don't put too much weight on it, just because its the Yankees.

:darkclouds:

DAllen15
08-11-2005, 08:02 AM

Steel Tips in Arkansas? I thought I was in the last Steel Tip league in the world! Next you are going to tell us that you have running water and indoor plumbing too!! It's great to have you aboard, I was a lurker for the last 4 years and finally joined this year. I think we all share your optimism, but still are going to be a bit cautious about our post season predictions.

I also think one thing that is tough about this team in that regard, is what we saw at NY is going to be how they succeed in the post season...and when you are winning games w/3 runs or less by a 1 run margain, you never really feel like a powerhouse. In 2000 the team relied on big bats, now it's the opposite. But I think if they can get through the 1st round of the playoffs with some efficiency, you're November party might be a good one.

TornLabrum
08-11-2005, 08:05 AM

http://www.worldfromtheweb.com/Parks/NewYork/17296_34.jpg

Sad
08-11-2005, 08:09 AM
I still wonder whose idea it originally was to give guys drinking beer sharp steel objects to throw around. :cool:

I think alot of pubs have those plastic dart machines cus they:

a. collect money
b. don't pose a risk for injury if the dart "bounces" back (insurance policy)

The bar that hosted the steel tip league I played in had an entire room w/ several boards that was seperate from the rest of the joint...

I've got both types of boards in my house but prefer steel tip any day over plastic...

btw plastic darts will stick in a conventional corkboard...

MsSoxVixen22
08-11-2005, 08:17 AM
:welcome: ArkanSox! Glad to have you on board! I agree with you 100%. I've never been more proud of being a Sox fan and of this team (and Ozzie) than at this moment. I'm so excited for the playoffs I can hardly contain myself! I have such a good feeling about this team and that they'll go all the way. We have a bunch of great players and great staff. I'm glad I got see this season and still be young enough to enjoy it! GO SOX!

PAPChiSox729
08-11-2005, 09:20 AM

Welcome aboard!!

And yes, this is the most excited White Sox team that I have seen. Then again I have only really been following them for about four years. But this team is definitely better than any of those teams. :redneck I hope you are right about seeing this team go all the way. But even if they don't win it all, it is going to be a wild ride a long the way.
:)

chisoxt
08-11-2005, 05:37 PM

While this is a terrific team, I liked how the 1994 team was gelling at the time of the strike. IMO, that was a better team than this one.

Stroker Ace
08-11-2005, 06:41 PM
Like the nickname. WELCOME ABOARD!!!!Same here. Welcome