PDA

View Full Version : Stupid Cub Fan Moment 9,885

maurice
08-10-2005, 05:04 PM
While I was exiting the Red Line this morning and walking through the CTA station, a cub fan was walking next to me a smoking a cigarette.
cub fan: How about those cubs?
maurice: What about them?
cub fan: Aren't they great?
maurice: Um, no. They're terrible, especially lately.
cub fan: Yeah, but I love them.
maurice: Why? They're awful.
cub fan: They're #1 in losing, but at least they're #1 in something.
maurice: [stunned silence, causing him to try somebody else]
random old guy: They suck.
cub fan: [shakes head and walks away]

DumpJerry
08-10-2005, 05:12 PM
I saw a young 20-something couple with Flub jerseys on the Red Line today around 1:00 going the wrong direction if they were headed to the game. Going south from North and Clybourne. Illini fans would have loved this pair, she had a Badgers hat on her head.

Whitesox029
08-10-2005, 05:41 PM
While I was exiting the Red Line this morning and walking through the CTA station, a cub fan was walking next to me a smoking a cigarette.
You're joking...right? I mean Cubs fans are stupid but...man...new level right here.

chisoxmike
08-10-2005, 07:53 PM

As much as I would like to believe that, I can't. Seriously, nobody is that dumb...right?

Rooney4Prez56
08-10-2005, 09:06 PM

I'm surprised he didn't say they still have a good Wild Card chance.

Chips
08-11-2005, 12:28 AM
My banker was telling me that the Scrubs play in the toughest division is baseball. I told her that her team would be close to last in any other division and she didn't believe and went on about the Wild Card.

EastCoastSoxFan
08-11-2005, 09:32 AM
I'm surprised he didn't say they still have a good Wild Card chance.
That would pre-suppose that the fan actually had knowledge that there is such a thing as a wildcard round in baseball...

whtsx1959
08-11-2005, 09:39 AM
I hate when cub fans think just because they lose to their division's teams that the central division in the best. 4 teams in the NL Central are under .500.

Jerko
08-11-2005, 09:42 AM
Don't these Cub fans even realize that the whole East division is ahead of them? And what happens in September? Divisional games. So they all play each other. So, Cub fans, two teams from the east are probably going to win every day, and THEY ARE ALREADY AHEAD OF YOU!!!!!!!!! You're not going to win the WC.

Hangar18
08-11-2005, 09:50 AM
I hate when cub fans think just because they lose to their division's teams that the central division in the best. 4 teams in the NL Central are under .500.

Thank the Media for that. Theyve been telling us how BAD the AL Central allegedly is, and how TOUGH the NL Central is. Its all Cubpoganda everyone,
meant to MINMIZE what the SOX are accomplishing

34rancher
08-11-2005, 10:40 AM
My banker was telling me that the Scrubs play in the toughest division is baseball. I told her that her team would be close to last in any other division and she didn't believe and went on about the Wild Card.
You might want to think about switching banks, as the old saying goes....
"A fool and his money are easily parted".

Your banker obviously will not make other smart decisions either, especially with your money.

maurice
08-11-2005, 10:56 AM
Yes, it's a true story. I couldn't make **** like that up.

4 teams in the NL Central are under .500.

At one point, before the 'Stros heated up, the NL Central had an unbelievable 5 teams under .500.

TDog
08-11-2005, 10:57 AM

Belief:

What makes the NL Central so tough is that it includes the Cardinals, which has the NL's best record. It's a tough division when your team with all that great attendance is, like, 19 games back. That's tough.

By contrast, the Sox play in an easy division because no one is close to them in the standings. Overall in the AL, no one is close to the Sox, so it has to be an easy league.

Reality:

The Cubs had their chance, winning their division in 2003 with a record that wouldn't have won them the wild card. They had a chance, a couple chances, to beat that wild card team. Fans believe that season wasn't the fluke. They believe every other -- underachieving -- season were flukes.

Face it: The Cubs are losers. Love them as losers and you look silly. Pretend they're winners and you look stupid.