PDA

View Full Version : Is it possible for any media to fall in "like" with the White Sox

RedFoxSoxFan
08-10-2005, 04:13 PM
Currently watching telecast of mike and the mad dog on YES
Chris Russo (and all of the media for that matter) has finally lost his mind. Taking a call as to "how good the chisox are" he was just making up arguments for why the sox wont go anywhere in the playoffs.
1. Pitching- he claimed that the sox were a five pitcher team and wouldn't be able to handle the short playoff series. He did acknowlege MB at which point he said "I just don't think MB is playoff material"
2. Closing Pitching- obvious bias warning- Russo was is a huge giant fan he doesn't like hermanson for his bad production in SF. Doesn't believe in his ability.

At this point, i haveaccepted the fact that ESPN and all the other mediots out there will show the sox no love. Flying under the radar is fine with me- gives me more sox pride.

Baby Fisk
08-10-2005, 04:16 PM
It's weird. It's like being the villain in pro wrestling. No matter where or how far you go, people boo you and hope you lose. What did we ever do to anybody? :(:

RedFoxSoxFan
08-10-2005, 04:18 PM
It's weird. It's like being the villain in pro wrestling. No matter where or how far you go, people boo you and hope you lose. What did we ever do to anybody? :(:

The 2005 White Sox- The heel of MLB

i like it, but in seriousness, ppl still upset aboot 1919?

Argalarga
08-10-2005, 04:19 PM
Five pitcher team? As in we, in fact, have five good starters?

I guess you can't be a real team unless you've used over a dozen different starters over two thirds of the year. Thank you, YES, for showing us the way yet again.

harwar
08-10-2005, 04:40 PM
Everything is quite normal on the homefront however,as all i hear on the radio is cubs,cubs,cubs.

wdelaney72
08-10-2005, 04:43 PM
Under the Radar.

I can't wait until October.

Shammy Hater
08-10-2005, 04:46 PM
as a participating member of the mainstream media, i say: rack the sox! today was awesome!

mod edit: Please don't evade the language filters. Refer to this post: http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=49958

Letmehearya
08-10-2005, 04:46 PM
I don't give a crap if we're liked, loved or hated. We all love the Sox. Someone mentioned a few weeks ago - and I concur - Game 1 of the ALDS is huge for us. As far as 5 pitchers .... I'll take our starters over anyone in baseball. It's not even close.

RichFitztightly
08-10-2005, 05:55 PM
Fall in "Like"

HeeHee that title made me laugh a little bit.

rowand33
08-10-2005, 06:34 PM
I love how having 5 good starters is somehow supposed to be a bad thing. :rolleyes:

soxwon
08-10-2005, 06:44 PM
The 2005 White Sox- The heel of MLB

i like it, but in seriousness, ppl still upset aboot 1919?

dont forget the strike year- that was ALL Jerrys Fault!!!!

C-Dawg
08-10-2005, 08:25 PM
To the east-coast based media outlets, the biggest nightmare would be a world series without New York or Boston. Imagine something like a Rockies-Royals world series... They probably wouldn't even show it on TV!

SOXfnNlansing
08-10-2005, 09:02 PM
Five pitcher team? As in we, in fact, have five good starters?

I guess you can't be a real team unless you've used over a dozen different starters over two thirds of the year. Thank you, YES, for showing us the way yet again. I guess going by their standards, our Sox defeated their Yankees with our "B" group starting pitchers. In a short series (all games on the road) we won 2 of 3 without MB or JG.

Chips
08-10-2005, 09:31 PM
To the east-coast based media outlets, the biggest nightmare would be a world series without New York or Boston. Imagine something like a Rockies-Royals world series... They probably wouldn't even show it on TV!

I don't think I can.

Rooney4Prez56
08-10-2005, 09:41 PM
I love how having 5 good starters is somehow supposed to be a bad thing. :rolleyes:

It is! You need to have 12 or 13 underachieving starters to be good, at least according to ESPN.

As far as the media love, i think the Sporting News has been kind to the Sox. But any media outlet affiliated w/ESPN can't love the Sox.

SOXintheBURGH
08-10-2005, 09:59 PM
If the Sox were a wrestler, we would be "Ravishing" Rick Rude.

Chisox003
08-10-2005, 10:06 PM
The more successful the Sox are, the more of this we are going to see...

Is it jealousy? Is it just being rude? I really dont know, but besides us Sox fans, I think the consensus of other fans is a flat out dislike for our Pale Hose....For whatever reason, we will never know

And it seems as if nobody likes anything about this organization.....The team, the fans, the announcers, the park, the neighborhood around the park, the owner and GM and so on

74-39 folks! Keep it comin! :gulp:

Fake Chet Lemon
08-10-2005, 10:07 PM
Do we want people that aren't fans of our team to love the team? Screw them, stay off the bandwagon. I like being the underdog, but most importantly so do the players. It gives them an edge. The Pistons get a ton of disrespect, but yet they keep playing in the Finals. Tom Brady gets little respect, yet he keeps playing in the Super Bowl. I'm liking this trend. It's no accident either, players do feed off of it.

TornLabrum
08-10-2005, 10:46 PM

Oh, they'd show it all right, but only because Fox is contractually obligated to do so.

TornLabrum
08-10-2005, 10:48 PM
The more successful the Sox are, the more of this we are going to see...

Is it jealousy? Is it just being rude? I really dont know, but besides us Sox fans, I think the consensus of other fans is a flat out dislike for our Pale Hose....For whatever reason, we will never know

And it seems as if nobody likes anything about this organization.....The team, the fans, the announcers, the park, the neighborhood around the park, the owner and GM and so on

74-39 folks! Keep it comin! :gulp:

You answered the question, "Why doesn't anybody like us?", with your next to last sentence. We were picked to win about 72 games by some. Probably the most games any so-called national expert would have predicted us to win would be 81-82.