:gun

MaggPipes
11-27-2001, 09:12 PM
i am back.....

:kipper

"And he is supporting me!!"

RedPinStripes
11-27-2001, 09:13 PM
I take it he signed a minor leage contract?

Jerry_Manuel
11-27-2001, 09:14 PM
Originally posted by ComiskeyBum

Yes he did.

Daver
11-27-2001, 09:15 PM
Originally posted by ComiskeyBum

He signed a contract with the Sox and was outrighted to Charlotte.

duke of dorwood
11-27-2001, 09:18 PM
Maybe he should go to single A, if he has the tools Lenny thinks he has, maybe only confidence is missing. Somewhere, sometime he will be back.

CLR01
11-27-2001, 09:22 PM
Originally posted by duke of dorwood
Maybe he should go to single A, if he has the tools Lenny thinks he has, maybe only confidence is missing. Somewhere, sometime he will be back.

As a fan i hope. And not the kind that produces large volumes of flowing air.

kermittheefrog
11-27-2001, 09:23 PM

Most guys with his mix of great tools and no performance crash and burn like he did.

bringbackrobin
11-28-2001, 12:05 AM
speaking of all tools and no performance, Jose Guillen is now avaliable. We could start a whole collection of these guys.

guillen4life13
11-29-2001, 06:15 PM

I wholeheartedly agree with this statement. Ramirez has a lot of potential. I would say maybe AA would be better, not AAA. He only hit .216 in AAA, which is absolutely abysmal. If he gets enough confidence at AA, he might be able to start truly hitting, and go to AAA and dominate there, or maybe even go straight back to the Majors.

We'll have to see. Remember, Robin Ventura was all hyped up to be a great hitter, but when we finally saw him, he wasn't really much. He gave respectable numbers, but not the numbers we expected of him. Be cautious of Ramirez. This is how I feel with Borchard as well.

Daver
11-29-2001, 06:30 PM
Originally posted by guillen4life13

I wholeheartedly agree with this statement. Ramirez has a lot of potential. I would say maybe AA would be better, not AAA. He only hit .216 in AAA, which is absolutely abysmal. If he gets enough confidence at AA, he might be able to start truly hitting, and go to AAA and dominate there, or maybe even go straight back to the Majors.

We'll have to see. Remember, Robin Ventura was all hyped up to be a great hitter, but when we finally saw him, he wasn't really much. He gave respectable numbers, but not the numbers we expected of him. Be cautious of Ramirez. This is how I feel with Borchard as well.

Julio has had six years in the minors to learn how to hit,and still can't do it.

LongDistanceFan
11-29-2001, 06:35 PM
Originally posted by daver

Julio has had six years in the minors to learn how to hit,and still can't do it. 6 yrs............ wow, when is he considered a bust?

FarWestChicago
11-29-2001, 06:38 PM
Originally posted by LongDistanceFan
6 yrs............ wow, when is he considered a bust? I would say sometime around last May.

:gun

I've got wheels and an arm!

guillen4life13
11-29-2001, 07:26 PM
I wasn't aware that he's already had 6 years.

Trade him. It doesn't look like he's going to do what Hawk and D.J. have said about him.

Maybe some other GM's will still believe what they're saying, and at least give us a veteran pitcher for Ramirez, and possible another prospect.

czalgosz
11-29-2001, 07:35 PM
I wasn't aware that he's already had 6 years.

Trade him. It doesn't look like he's going to do what Hawk and D.J. have said about him.

Maybe some other GM's will still believe what they're saying, and at least give us a veteran pitcher for Ramirez, and possible another prospect.

My guess is if another team still thought he was a hot prospect, he wouldn't have signed a minor-league contract with the Sox. Can you say Chris Snopek?

MikeKreevich
11-29-2001, 10:00 PM
Originally posted by kermittheefrog

Most guys with his mix of great tools and no performance crash and burn like he did.
:shammy
Si, the Sox gave up on me too soon, I theenk.

Jerry_Manuel
11-29-2001, 10:54 PM

No offense Guillen, but if any GM gives us a good veteran pitcher for Juilo Ramirez they should be fired.

doublem23
11-29-2001, 11:00 PM
Originally posted by czalgosz
Can you say Chris Snopek?

Speaking of Snopek.... He's a Scrub.

LOL!

Mathew
12-02-2001, 11:50 PM
I had a video game called Frank Thomas Big Hurt Baseball for PS1 and played Chris Snopek. He came second on my team in home runs, behind Frank, it was hilarious.