PDA

View Full Version : My Sox happiness is predicated on the Cubs losing

DumpJerry
08-10-2005, 05:08 PM
Sox clinch the AL Central the same day the Flubs are mathematically eliminated.:D:

Unregistered
08-10-2005, 05:09 PM
I'm sorry - is there another baseball team in Chicago? :?:

LuvSox
08-10-2005, 05:12 PM
Yes it is fun to make fun of the flubs, I do it too. In reality the only team that matters is the Sox. Go Sox!

Letmehearya
08-10-2005, 05:12 PM
A AAA team known as the cubs.

LongLiveFisk
08-10-2005, 05:20 PM
I'm sorry - is there another baseball team in Chicago? :?:

No, just a very large beer garden where baseball is mimicked.

Unregistered
08-10-2005, 05:36 PM
No, just a very large beer garden where baseball is mimicked.So kinda like a Civil War Re-enactment where the Cubs always play the South? :D:

Letmehearya
08-10-2005, 05:59 PM
"We hated the cubs and you should too!":hizzoner (http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/misc.php?do=getsmilies&wysiwyg=1&forumid=18#):washington (http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/misc.php?do=getsmilies&wysiwyg=1&forumid=18#)

BNLSox
08-10-2005, 06:23 PM
BRILLIANT!

halfpricemonday
08-10-2005, 06:30 PM

More like simulated. Hell, half the games played within those hallowed walls are simulated.

He gone
08-10-2005, 07:09 PM
I'm sorry - is there another baseball team in Chicago?
Sure there is........................The Schaumburg Flyers of the Northern League
:D:

SOXintheBURGH
08-10-2005, 07:17 PM
Sure there is........................The Schaumburg Flyers of the Northern League
:D:

Don't forget the Joliet Jackhammers!

Letmehearya
08-10-2005, 08:18 PM
Don't forget the DuPage Dragons of the Central Illinois Collegiate League. They're talking about inviting Kenny Williams Jr. to play for them next summer. The best college baseball players, brand new park, cold beer ..... I could go on.

TornLabrum
08-10-2005, 08:19 PM
You forgot the Windy City Thunderbolts, the Gary Southshore Railcats, and the Kane County Cougars.

RedHeadPaleHoser
08-10-2005, 09:00 PM
Well if our happiness is based on their losing, I need to be committed.

In the words of Clark W. Griswald..."I'm so happy I could just s#%t!!!!"

Fredsox
08-10-2005, 09:01 PM
Sox clinch the AL Central the same day the Flubs are mathematically eliminated.:D:

My wife is like you in this regard. She is absolutely delighted that the cub are tanking the rest of their season, to the point that she watches the replays when they lose. I just don't get why you still pay attention to the cub. The only fun ridiculing them is to piss off their stupid fans. As bad as the team is playing (pitiful actually) there is no joy in sticking the knife in and twisting the blade.

This team and their fans (the cub) are totally not relevant, just like the Twinkies are. They mean NOTHING when the Sox are steamrolling to a World Series.

Rooney4Prez56
08-10-2005, 10:03 PM
Its better when the Cubs win so that Cub fans get tons of hope before they tank.

LongLiveFisk
08-10-2005, 10:05 PM
So kinda like a Civil War Re-enactment where the Cubs always play the South? :D:

No, actually in this case the Cubs would play the North because you know they'd have to lose. :)

chisoxfan64
08-10-2005, 10:11 PM
I wonder why the Governor hasn`t been to the urinal much lately sittin in the booth kissin Ronnie`s ass and spewing his nonsense about how great the chubs are.:cool:

silenceofthehawk
08-10-2005, 10:17 PM
I worry about those teams in the American league, not the National league.

Unregistered
08-10-2005, 10:27 PM
No, actually in this case the Cubs would play the North because you know they'd have to lose. :)
Yeah, that's what I meant - I just phrased it kinda weird.

I mean the Cubs would play (as in "pretend to be") the South - so they'd be losing every ti... ah, forget it... :D:

DumpJerry
08-11-2005, 12:30 AM
I just don't get why you still pay attention to the cub. The only fun ridiculing them is to piss off their stupid fans. As bad as the team is playing (pitiful actually) there is no joy in sticking the knife in and twisting the blade.
The sooner they are eliminated, the sooner they shut up. A lot of them are already kinda quiet, feeling bad for themselves and knowing they are about to get payback for 2003.

I also have bets with some of their fans were we pay out at the end of the season $3 for each victory our respective teams has this year. Looks like I'm getting me a Mercedes this fall! :cool:

Chips
08-11-2005, 12:42 AM
The sooner they are eliminated, the sooner they shut up. A lot of them are already kinda quiet, feeling bad for themselves and knowing they are about to get payback for 2003.

I also have bets with some of their fans were we pay out at the end of the season $3 for each victory our respective teams has this year. Looks like I'm getting me a Mercedes this fall! :cool:

I love making bets with dumb scrub fans. I got a bet with one of them that Carrie Wood won't win at least 15 games, and another that Maddux won't do it. At first I was thinking that Maddux might do it, but he needs 8 wins in probably 11 or 12 starts to do it. I don't think so. As for Wood, he lost that one.

Nellie_Fox
08-11-2005, 01:09 AM
Don't forget the DuPage Dragons of the Central Illinois Collegiate League. They're talking about inviting Kenny Williams Jr. to play for them next summer. The best college baseball players, brand new park, cold beer ..... I could go on.Is that going to be a wood bat league? If so, it's a lot of fun. We have the Mankato Moondogs of the Northwoods League here in town, college players with wood bats for the summer. If it's more aluminum bat crap, then ho-hum.

StrTrkker
08-11-2005, 01:24 AM
You forgot the Windy City Thunderbolts, the Gary Southshore Railcats, and the Kane County Cougars.

And The Chicago Bandits...

:yup:

Fredsox
08-11-2005, 07:11 AM
I love making bets with dumb scrub fans. I got a bet with one of them that Carrie Wood won't win at least 15 games, and another that Maddux won't do it. At first I was thinking that Maddux might do it, but he needs 8 wins in probably 11 or 12 starts to do it. I don't think so. As for Wood, he lost that one.

Yeah, they're kinda gullible that way. I haven't put my kids through college on dumb cub-fan bets, but I've sure collected a bit of pocket money over the years. White Sox v cub is a historically sound bet that should be considered a part of every investment portfolio.

Hangar18
08-11-2005, 08:28 AM
My wife is like you in this regard. She is absolutely delighted that the cub are tanking the rest of their season, to the point that she watches the replays when they lose. I just don't get why you still pay attention to the cub. The only fun ridiculing them is to piss off their stupid fans. As bad as the team is playing (pitiful actually) there is no joy ............

I disagree. I couldnt tell you how big the smile was on my face knowing they lost yet again. I take great pleasure when they LOSE, because of the years and years and years of Propoganda, Favoritism, garnered towards them by the Chicago Media, not to mention the Lies and Deceitful Practices towards covering the SOX, to the point that every time I travel to some distant city here in the USA, Im always greeted with "your a Sox fan?" or "I didnt know they had fans" or the "I heard its bad over there" or " I didnt realize the SOX were that good this year". The Chicago Media has tried Very Hard to make being a SOX fan as miserable an experience as possible.
Sorry Media ....... your unethical and disturbing practices didnt work on me.
Despite it all ..........Im still a Sox fan
I hope the Cubs lose the next 175 games straight ..........I really do.