PDA

View Full Version : White Sox Welcome to playoff baseball

Fenway
08-10-2005, 02:17 PM
Last night at the Stadium you saw playoff baseball. Hell even Steinbrenner showed up.

Make no mistake about it, the Yankees needed that game. You could feel it in the crowd especially when the left field scoreboard showed Texas has scored 5 in the 7th to tie Boston. With a little luck NYY could get to within 2 of Boston in the loss column.

But the White Sox were not going to let that happen. Last night bodes very well for Ozzie's boys.

Now NYY is 4 1/2 behind Boston and 3 1/2 for the wild card and the clock is starting to tick on NYY.

DumpJerry
08-10-2005, 02:42 PM
:supernana: .

Baby Fisk
08-10-2005, 02:56 PM
Last night at the Stadium you saw playoff baseball. Hell even Steinbrenner showed up.

Make no mistake about it, the Yankees needed that game. You could feel it in the crowd especially when the left field scoreboard showed Texas has scored 5 in the 7th to tie Boston. With a little luck NYY could get to within 2 of Boston in the loss column.

But the White Sox were not going to let that happen. Last night bodes very well for Ozzie's boys.

Now NYY is 4 1/2 behind Boston and 3 1/2 for the wild card and the clock is starting to tick on NYY.
No offense, but will you ever leave your high tower? We really don't need to be talked down to.

Sad
08-10-2005, 03:01 PM
No offense, but will you ever leave your high tower? We really don't need to be talked down to.

feh... I like to think of the White Sox winning as helping the White Sox, not Boston:party: , who I could care less about...

Fenway
08-10-2005, 03:14 PM

Same thing this afternoon, this game has all the feeling of a playoff game.

It isn't "talking down", I am just saying Chicago is finally getting the respect they deserve.

CHISOXFAN13
08-10-2005, 03:18 PM

It isn't "talking down", I am just saying Chicago is finally getting the respect they deserve.

IMO, this does not have the feeling of a playoff game. The Sox are resting several regulars, and to me, it's just another game that I expect the ball club to eventually win.

Baby Fisk
08-10-2005, 03:22 PM

Sorry, it's very condescending. We aren't yokels who need the reassurances of Boston fans to feel good.

SOXintheBURGH
08-10-2005, 03:28 PM
Sorry, it's very condescending. We aren't yokels who need the reassurances of Boston fans to feel good.

Thank you.

SOXintheBURGH
08-10-2005, 03:29 PM
And, by the way, we wouldn't be starting Ozuna, Widger, and Blum in a playoff game either. We sent in the B squad today, fenway. We fear no team in MLB, including your hated Yankees or your beloved Red Cubs.

pudge
08-10-2005, 03:44 PM
Tough crowd around here. :o:

CHISOXFAN13
08-10-2005, 03:50 PM
Scratch my last post. This last inning has been beyond intense, playoff-type baseball.

SOXfnNlansing
08-10-2005, 04:25 PM
I don't see how bashing Fenway is productive. Fenway provides WSI with interesting perspectives and links to other information sources that I personally wouldn't have read. Count me as one not feeling 'talked down to' by Fenway.

SOXintheBURGH
08-10-2005, 04:29 PM
I don't see how bashing Fenway is productive. Fenway provides WSI with interesting perspectives and links to other information sources that I personally wouldn't have read. Count me as one not feeling 'talked down to' by Fenway.

While I do appreciate the links and informative perspectives as much as the next poster, and I do.... there often comes a trolling line that he likes to teeter on the edge with. Enough already.

itsnotrequired
08-10-2005, 04:31 PM

Right on. I always look forward to fenway's insights. I've never felt as if he is "talking down" to me.

That being said, the last two games did have that playoff "feel" despite the B squad that Ozzie rolled out today. Pitching duels, clutch hitting, fans going wild, etc. Can't wait for October.

Eddie Gaedel
08-10-2005, 04:33 PM
While I do appreciate the links and informative perspectives as much as the next poster, and I do.... there often comes a trolling line that he likes to teeter on the edge with. Enough already.

yes, i agree with you 100% and have said the same thing before.

Baby Fisk
08-10-2005, 04:36 PM
I'm not ripping the links. I'm ripping the threads where he comes at us like Mr. World Champion talking to children. Sorry if I'm being harsh, but get over your one world series in 8 decades already.

PaulDrake
08-10-2005, 04:37 PM
I don't see how bashing Fenway is productive. Fenway provides WSI with interesting perspectives and links to other information sources that I personally wouldn't have read. Count me as one not feeling 'talked down to' by Fenway. Me too. Not only that this was a very playoff intense game, even though I don't think the Yanks are going to be in them this year. They needed all of these games badly, they had those big Yankee crowds, and look what it did for them? Plus "older" fans such as yours truly always appreciate a series like this. Too many bad memories from that place in years gone by. I always love trimming the Yanks. There is far too much defensiveness about too many things on this board. In the meantime, another great win 35 games over .500 and all indications that this team will fight it out to the end. Enjoy this, for me it's the most exciting season since 1983.

Frankly Missing
08-10-2005, 04:40 PM
I'm not ripping the links. I'm ripping the threads where he comes at us like Mr. World Champion talking to children. Sorry if I'm being harsh, but get over your one world series in 8 decades already.

TOTALLY AGREE

MarySwiss
08-10-2005, 05:11 PM
Plus "older" fans such as yours truly always appreciate a series like this. Too many bad memories from that place in years gone by. I always love trimming the Yanks. There is far too much defensiveness about too many things on this board. In the meantime, another great win 35 games over .500 and all indications that this team will fight it out to the end. Enjoy this, for me it's the most exciting season since 1983.

I too am an older fan, and I couldn't agree more. Beating the Yankees is a much sweeter thing than beating someone like, say, Seattle could ever be. (In a regular season game, that is. In the playoffs, every victory would be sweet.)

That said, could we please beat them in all future games by like 9 or 10 runs, preferably scored early in the game? These nail-biters are doing me in!

Hangar18
08-10-2005, 05:39 PM

I agree ............ Last nites game was PLAYOFF energy, with 54,000 there.
I was at a bar catching the game, and people were Cheering and Hollering.
It was great

fquaye149
08-10-2005, 06:03 PM

I don't see how playing a below average team with several flaws is playoff baseball. Just because there are a lot of fans and they all want the home team to beat us does not make it playoff baseball. It is still a ****ty ass team.

We have already played three games this year on the road, to a sellout crowd, against a lousy team. It was called the crosstown classic.

I'm glad we beat the Yankees and everything, and I'm glad now we have more respect (though I think it's pathetic that it takes beating a second place team to get us this respect)...but don't pretend like this was some sort of gut check. This game meant NOTHING and the Yankees were a lousy team.

Period.

Fenway
08-10-2005, 06:08 PM
Everybody I talked to here in the East remarked that it felt like a playoff game. John Sterling on WCBS said it often. The Yankees certainly played it that way ( they were playing smallball which shows the respect the WS are getting )

Obviously the game didn't mean as much to the White Sox on paper, but they played like they did.

Sure the White Sox "helped" Boston but also everybody else. No matter what you think of the Yankees, NOBODY wants to play them in the playoffs. The game will be far better off if they not one of the eight teams.

Me too. Not only that this was a very playoff intense game, even though I don't think the Yanks are going to be in them this year. They needed all of these games badly, they had those big Yankee crowds, and look what it did for them? Plus "older" fans such as yours truly always appreciate a series like this. Too many bad memories from that place in years gone by. I always love trimming the Yanks. There is far too much defensiveness about too many things on this board. In the meantime, another great win 35 games over .500 and all indications that this team will fight it out to the end. Enjoy this, for me it's the most exciting season since 1983.

fquaye149
08-10-2005, 06:15 PM
Everybody I talked to here in the East remarked that it felt like a playoff game. John Sterling on WCBS said it often. The Yankees certainly played it that way ( they were playing smallball which shows the respect the WS are getting )

Obviously the game didn't mean as much to the White Sox on paper, but they played like they did.

Sure the White Sox "helped" Boston but also everybody else. No matter what you think of the Yankees, NOBODY wants to play them in the playoffs. The game will be far better off if they not one of the eight teams.

Of course they would think it felt like a playoff game. They're an also-ran playing a playoff team. Congrats.

Letmehearya
08-10-2005, 06:16 PM
I agree with Fenway. Playing in front of 15,000 at Kaufman Stadium [and losing to boot!] doesn't feel like playoof baseball. Playing in front of 54,000 at Yankee Stadium in August with the Yanks desparately needing wins is playoff baseball. Lighten up on Fenway!

fquaye149
08-10-2005, 06:21 PM
I agree with Fenway. Playing in front of 15,000 at Kaufman Stadium [and losing to boot!] doesn't feel like playoof baseball. Playing in front of 54,000 at Yankee Stadium in August with the Yanks desparately needing wins is playoff baseball. Lighten up on Fenway!

Ok but the scenario is not "oh the White Sox have been playing in front of 15,000 at Kaufman every game this season and FINALLY they come to the big city."

We have played in front of large crowds before, this year, out West notably.And SHUCKS, we've had quite a few sellouts ourself at Comiskey (don't shoot me West!!!:o:)

This is just another way of the east coast saying "life begins in New England"

Get outta here.

SOXintheBURGH
08-10-2005, 06:48 PM
Ok but the scenario is not "oh the White Sox have been playing in front of 15,000 at Kaufman every game this season and FINALLY they come to the big city."

We have played in front of large crowds before, this year, out West notably.And SHUCKS, we've had quite a few sellouts ourself at Comiskey (don't shoot me West!!!:o:)

This is just another way of the east coast saying "life begins in New England"

Get outta here.

Exactly.

The way I took it was:

"This is what its like to play in front of a sellout crowd."

Fenway
08-10-2005, 06:53 PM
Exactly.

The way I took it was:

"This is what its like to play in front of a sellout crowd."

totally misread what I was getting at.

There is NO ballpark in baseball that rivals a sold out Yankee Stadium and I wonder if the new one will be as intense.

Whitesox029
08-10-2005, 07:00 PM

Maybe we can now do the Yankees the same favor by beating the Red Sox 2 of 3 or better...then again, that hinges on the Yankees winning, so maybe not.

SOXintheBURGH
08-10-2005, 07:01 PM

There is NO ballpark in baseball that rivals a sold out Yankee Stadium and I wonder if the new one will be as intense.

Well.. I hate to say it, but I can understand that. I've never been, but I can understand that.

I've been to Penn State games (most notably a nationally televised night game against Nebraska in 03) where the energy in that stadium was unimaginable. So in that regard, I can see what you mean.

fquaye149
08-10-2005, 07:07 PM

If that's what you mean, I can't disagree.

It wasn't really in the text though

ode to veeck
08-10-2005, 07:24 PM
The playoff atmosphere should continue in Fenway this weekend, as the best record in baseball comes to visit the defending WS champs

The Wrong Sox aren't quite as desperate as the YankMe's for wins at this point, but they're clearly in the thick of a fairly tight race in the east and potentially for the wild card as well.

:garcia:

"Got any extra day road games for me?"

maurice
08-10-2005, 07:25 PM
Everybody I talked to here in the East remarked that it felt like a playoff game. . . . The Yankees certainly played it that way

Classic East Coast bias . . . projecting their feelings on literally everbody else.

I'm sure it felt like a playoff game TO THEM. If they don't crank it up another notch, they're out of the playoffs. Losing 2 of 3 at home wasn't exactly helpful. The Sox, OTOH, did NOT act like it was a playoff series. The Sox sent out the 3-5 starters, Perez, Ozuna, etc. The bullpen usage was identical to what Ozzie has done all season. If anything, the pen guys came in early to rest the starters in light of our huge division lead.

It's always exciting for a MLB team to play in Yankee Stadium, because of the big crowds, massive media overattention, and history of 26 championships . . . but that's also true when the Yankees are pushovers.

No, they didn't. The Sox did what they've done all season.

Sure the White Sox "helped" Boston but also everybody else.

You're welcome.

No matter what you think of the Yankees, NOBODY wants to play them in the playoffs.

:bs:
The Sox would much rather face the Yankees than the top 2 teams in the AL West which have vastly superior pitching staffs. In fact, our absolute worst case scenario would be having to face both of the AL West teams. We have had no problem winning at Yankee Stadium in recent years and proved that our pitchers can shut down their hitters.

MikeKreevich
08-10-2005, 07:29 PM
And, by the way, we wouldn't be starting Ozuna, Widger, and Blum in a playoff game either. We sent in the B squad today, fenway. We fear no team in MLB, including your hated Yankees or your beloved Red Cubs.
"Red Cubs", that cracks me up.

Hondo
08-10-2005, 07:33 PM
Basically the feel (large crowd, national tv, coverage,blah, blah, blah) was playoff but the play,at times, by both the Yankees and Sox wasn't playoff-caliber.
The Sox weren't playing playoff baseball because they saw this as just another game.
At times, the White Sox looked lost at the plate against margainal pitchers (Chacon and Small) but showed they can manufacture runs, play good defense and pitch against any lineup.
And that's why they'll be in the playoffs and won't fold early. With frontline starting pitching and solid relief they can contend in any game.
The Yankees lineup is dangerous. Plain and simple. But they are an extremely flawed team. Average defense, lousy pitching and no bench.- a colossal waste of 200 MILLION dollars.
The Yankees will not make the playoffs.

ode to veeck
08-10-2005, 08:00 PM
The Red Scrubs from Fenway, hilarious

TomBradley72
08-10-2005, 08:47 PM
Sold Out Yankee Stadium + Hot August Nights/Day + Team w/Best Record in Baseball + Well Played 1-run games = Playoff Atmosphere.

Just about any year....including this year.

wassagstdu
08-10-2005, 10:42 PM
That was a GREAT series, baseball at its best and the White Sox at their best. With the team flirting with .500 ball for the last few weeks, taking a series like this in the way they did it is huge. Not for what it predicts about the playoffs, but for what it shows about this team. Only time will tell, but right now I would compare it with a sweep in Oakland in 1989 when "AAA Jack McDowell" led the way and the Sox made it known that they were a team to be reckoned with for the next few years.

I can't agree that games like this in the regular season are "meaningless" if the Sox have the division locked up -- or if they were already eliminated. Games like this are what baseball is all about.

Lip Man 1
08-10-2005, 10:44 PM
Wassa:

That Oakland sweep was in June 1990 about a week after the A's took three of four in Chicago.

Lip

FarWestChicago
08-10-2005, 10:45 PM
Wassa:

That Oakland sweep was in June 1990 about a week after the A's took three of four in Chicago.

Lip:darkcloud:

:darkclouds:

SOXintheBURGH
08-10-2005, 11:15 PM
:darkcloud:

:darkclouds:

I knew there was a reason I heard a little pitter patter on the skylight...

Fake Chet Lemon
08-10-2005, 11:18 PM
I told myself before the series don't freak if we lose the series. We have a 13 game lead and NOTHING to prove anymore. If Nationally they don't know the South Side has a good team, I can't help them. Although I am still thrilled to win the series, it wasn't as important as many people think it was. The playoff intensity will be notched up even higher in October, no question.

FoulTerritory
08-10-2005, 11:21 PM
A few points:

a) I've never felt as if Fenway was talking down to us. I enjoy his posts.

b) I'm sure he's clarified this in the past, but I'm very curious as to why he posts here? What is Fenway's affiliation with the Sox? To be clear, I have no problems with him posting here, but am just curious.

c)I was at Monday nights game, and it sure felt like a playoff atmosphere to me. The crowd hung on every pitch. Everyone was into the game. It was great -- except for the fact that we lost of course. Further, I was impressed that Yankee fans in the right field bleachers gave Rowand an ovation after his 2 1st inning amazing catches.

d)I do not agree with Fenway's remark that NOBODY wants to play the Yankees in the playoffs. Their starting pitching is in injury-ridden shambles, and their bullpen is suspect outside of Mariano. I say, bring em on. Better them than Oakland IMHO.

voodoochile
08-10-2005, 11:25 PM
I don't see how playing a below average team with several flaws is playoff baseball. Just because there are a lot of fans and they all want the home team to beat us does not make it playoff baseball. It is still a ****ty ass team.

We have already played three games this year on the road, to a sellout crowd, against a lousy team. It was called the crosstown classic.

I'm glad we beat the Yankees and everything, and I'm glad now we have more respect (though I think it's pathetic that it takes beating a second place team to get us this respect)...but don't pretend like this was some sort of gut check. This game meant NOTHING and the Yankees were a lousy team.

Period.

I'm sorry, but *** are you talking about. The Yankees still have one of the most formidable lineups in baseball and are currently on a good run from where they were early in the year to get within striking distance of both the ALE crown and the wildcard.

That's before you start factoring in the 55K fans screaming top volume and jumping off of the upper deck and the statues and ghosts and mystique factors.

The Sox went into an extremely hostile environment against at least a solid ballclub which is fighting for its playoff life and too two out of three all one-run games that required every ounce of focus and intensity they could muster.

If that's not playoff atmosphere, then nothing is at this point in the season...

Hondo
08-10-2005, 11:25 PM
A few points:

a) I've never felt as if Fenway was talking down to us. I enjoy his posts.

b) I'm sure he's clarified this in the past, but I'm very curious as to why he posts here? What is Fenway's affiliation with the Sox? To be clear, I have no problems with him posting here, but am just curious.

c)I was at Monday nights game, and it sure felt like a playoff atmosphere to me. The crowd hung on every pitch. Everyone was into the game. It was great -- except for the fact that we lost of course. Further, I was impressed that Yankee fans in the right field bleachers gave Rowand an ovation after his 2 1st inning amazing catches.

d)I do not agree with Fenway's remark that NOBODY wants to play the Yankees in the playoffs. Their starting pitching is in injury-ridden shambles, and their bullpen is suspect outside of Mariano. I say, bring em on. Better them than Oakland IMHO.

In reference to b), we've had a few non-Sox fans become welcome contributors to the site. Anyone know whatever happened to Twins fans Fhwqagahds(sp)?

And as for d), exactly. The Yankees are the type of team you WANT in the playoffs. This isn't the 2000 Yankees anymore. This year's White Sox are more like those 2000 Yankees.
-Great pitching
-Excellent defense
-Team chemistry and leadership.

Hey who knows the way the Indians are going maybe they can sneak into that Wildcard slot?

TornLabrum
08-10-2005, 11:42 PM
I told myself before the series don't freak if we lose the series. We have a 13 game lead and NOTHING to prove anymore. If Nationally they don't know the South Side has a good team, I can't help them.

The thing that bugs me is that not just locally, but right here at WSI, there are people who aren't aware that this is a good team.

Hondo
08-10-2005, 11:46 PM
The thing that bugs me is that not just locally, but right here at WSI, there are people who aren't aware that this is a good team.

This team is built to win low-scoring, tightly played games. 26-13 in one-run games (I think). But some people see that as this team lucking out or skating by.
When the playoffs come that puts the White Sox at a distinct advantage not a disadvantage.

pinwheels3530
08-11-2005, 01:27 AM

Fenway has made it known he's one Red Sox fan who doesn't have a love fest with the Cubs.

Lip Man 1
08-11-2005, 01:36 AM
West:

Serves me right for correcting the man.

There was no hidden agenga, only what is in your mind.

Un friggin' believeable.

Lip

ode to veeck
08-11-2005, 01:57 AM

Just goes to show just how good the Sox stealth is, flying so well under the radar our own fans can't see the truth

Lip, (in my best James Earl Jones voice) Never underestimate the power of the dark clouds crusader

doublem23
08-11-2005, 02:02 AM
If that's the Yankees playing in a "play-off atmosphere" bring them on in the first round because they are awful.

Paulwny
08-11-2005, 11:42 AM

Normally I would agree, although there were large crowds for this series I felt the yankmee fans were extemely quiet. I actually was able to hear, "Paulie, Paulie..." when PK was batting. Yankmee fans drown everyone out when they start to hear another team's "cry".
I think their beginning to realize that the play-offs are now a long shot. :D:

fquaye149
08-11-2005, 12:09 PM
I'm sorry, but *** are you talking about. The Yankees still have one of the most formidable lineups in baseball and are currently on a good run from where they were early in the year to get within striking distance of both the ALE crown and the wildcard.

That's before you start factoring in the 55K fans screaming top volume and jumping off of the upper deck and the statues and ghosts and mystique factors.

The Sox went into an extremely hostile environment against at least a solid ballclub which is fighting for its playoff life and too two out of three all one-run games that required every ounce of focus and intensity they could muster.

If that's not playoff atmosphere, then nothing is at this point in the season...

I'm not sold on the Yankees lineup. There are quite a few good ballplayers, but it has declined from where it was a devastating presence. But anyway - the LINEUP does not make the ballclub either. The Yankees as a team are not very good. They have a few mashers and Jeter but they can't play very good defense nor can they pitch very well.

You say the mettle of their team (and ours) is shown by how we had to scratch and claw out to win two games. There's a reason we had to scratch and claw for those runs. Monday and Tuesday Timo Perez was batting 5th. Yesterday Iguchi didn't play. Buehrle and Garland did not pitch. Ozzie did not treat these games like playoffs games. We did not need to win these games and although we were willing to win them if we could (winning is always good) there was no urgency.

If you wanted to increase their importance saying

a.) the Yankees are a likely playoff team and we showed we can beat them
b.) the crowd didn't want us to win and it was a big crowd
c.) Yankee stadium is a historically intimidating place to our players

that's fine. Nothing wrong with that. I'd disagree heavily with a.) and downplay the importance of b.) and c.) myself, but I certainly won't use those to call a game in August when we've pretty much locked up our own division and in fact would almost rather the Yankees beat us to keep the A's out of the playoffs "playoff baseball"

and that, my dear VC is *** i'm talking about:smile:

ps: in the last sentence of your post you said "if that's not playoff environment nothing is at this point in the season."

Bullseye.

voodoochile
08-11-2005, 12:16 PM
I'm not sold on the Yankees lineup. There are quite a few good ballplayers, but it has declined from where it was a devastating presence. But anyway - the LINEUP does not make the ballclub either. The Yankees as a team are not very good. They have a few mashers and Jeter but they can't play very good defense nor can they pitch very well.

You say the mettle of their team (and ours) is shown by how we had to scratch and claw out to win two games. There's a reason we had to scratch and claw for those runs. Monday and Tuesday Timo Perez was batting 5th. Yesterday Iguchi didn't play. Buehrle and Garland did not pitch. Ozzie did not treat these games like playoffs games. We did not need to win these games and although we were willing to win them if we could (winning is always good) there was no urgency.

If you wanted to increase their importance saying

a.) the Yankees are a likely playoff team and we showed we can beat them
b.) the crowd didn't want us to win and it was a big crowd
c.) Yankee stadium is a historically intimidating place to our players

that's fine. Nothing wrong with that. I'd disagree heavily with a.) and downplay the importance of b.) and c.) myself, but I certainly won't use those to call a game in August when we've pretty much locked up our own division and in fact would almost rather the Yankees beat us to keep the A's out of the playoffs "playoff baseball"

and that, my dear VC is *** i'm talking about:smile:

ps: in the last sentence of your post you said "if that's not playoff environment nothing is at this point in the season."

Bullseye.

Well, I guess we will have to agree to disagree, because I see those games in an entirely different light. Yes, not being fully healthy affects the way the team performs and yes, Ozzie is playing bench players when he wouldn't be in the post season, but the intensity level and the way the Yankees gave every ounce they had to win changes the dynamic, IMO.

Yes, the Sox effectively have the division sewn up already, but to win this series in this fashion was important for the collective psyche of the team and its fans.

fquaye149
08-11-2005, 12:21 PM
Well, I guess we will have to agree to disagree, because I see those games in an entirely different light. Yes, not being fully healthy affects the way the team performs and yes, Ozzie is playing bench players when he wouldn't be in the post season, but the intensity level and the way the Yankees gave every ounce they had to win changes the dynamic, IMO.

Yes, the Sox effectively have the division sewn up already, but to win this series in this fashion was important for the collective psyche of the team and its fans.

I agree that this series featured an element of postseason baseball: winning a close game in a hostile environment.

However, there's a hell of a lot more to postseason baseball than that, imo. For instance the necessity of winning every single game was not there. We could have been swept and it wouldn't have mattered.

That's why it doesn't show we can win playoff baseball - despite the crowd, etc. etc. etc. there was no real pressure on the players.

Having said that, I'll admit this series is more important than earlier series against, say the Tigers, Blue Jays, etc. It was quite a bit more important. And to be honest it's a lot more palatable to hear "now you guys have felt playoff baseball" from you than from our friend from Massachusetts.

pudge
08-11-2005, 02:01 PM
West:

Serves me right for correcting the man.

There was no hidden agenga, only what is in your mind.

Un friggin' believeable.

Lip

Well you had to point out the "3 of 4" beforehand... the fact was the sweep legitmized that team and put the Sox 1 game behind Oakland...

JohnBasedowYoda
08-11-2005, 02:33 PM
feh... I like to think of the White Sox winning as helping the White Sox, not Boston:party: , who I could care less about...

i can't stand the red sox (wrong sox) and i hope the yankees win that division