PDA

View Full Version : Boston Herald report - MLB sitting on FIFTY positives

Fenway
08-10-2005, 01:05 PM
Howard Bryant of the Boston Herald writes this morning that MLB maybe sitting on FIFTY positive tests and that 2 names are bigger than Raffy.

Bryant has a new book out about steriods and he seems to have some solid inside info.

Talk about the elephant in the room :(:

The story is not online yet

from last week

BOSTON UNCOMMON Needle and the damage done MLB remained quiet while Palmeiro bashed (http://docs.newsbank.com/openurl?ctx_ver=z39.88-2004&rft_id=info:sid/iw.newsbank.com:NewsBank:BNHB&rft_val_format=info:ofi/fmt:kev:mtx:ctx&rft_dat=10BC55DCCBBF85C8&svc_dat=InfoWeb:aggregated4&req_dat=0F4281F45DEEBE2F)
http://news.bostonherald.com/galleries/images/758505_front08102005.jpg

bennyw41
08-10-2005, 01:23 PM
Good thing we don't have anyone bigger than Raffy...I'm crossing my fingers for Sammy and Eric Byrnes( I just hate him)

Hangar18
08-10-2005, 01:24 PM
Good thing we don't have anyone bigger than Raffy...I'm crossing my fingers for Sammy and Eric Byrnes( I just hate him)

Derrek Lee? :cool:

ja1022
08-10-2005, 01:26 PM
Did you hear that? That's the sound of **** hitting the fan.

Jerko
08-10-2005, 01:28 PM
I don't know. Is this guy reputable or is he just trying to garner interest for his book? Interesting.

Fenway
08-10-2005, 01:29 PM
Bryant says he has heard this from a Royals player and a FOX executive.

Red Sox players say they hearing the same thing and he also quotes an unnamed A's exec.

Bryants new book has some startling info

a review

http://www.boston.com/ae/books/articles/2005/08/10/going_inside_baseballs_hidden_game_of_power?mode=P F
Juicing the Game: Drugs, Power, and the Fight for the Soul of Major League Baseball, By Howard Bryant, Viking, 439 pp, $24.95

Howard Bryant has not suffered a sophomore slump after his award-winning book ''Shut Out: A Story of Race and Baseball in Boston." ''Juicing the Game," another thoughtful and comprehensive work addressing social issues in baseball, is subtitled ''Drugs, Power, and the Fight for the Soul of Major League Baseball," and though it is centered on the spreading steroid controversy, it is enriched by delving into a number of other areas.

oeo
08-10-2005, 01:31 PM
I thought I just heard Selig say that results are announced within the hour of getting word that one tested positive. Why would they be sitting there with 50 positive tests...I just can't see that happening.

Unregistered
08-10-2005, 01:33 PM
Bonds, Giambi again, ARod, Ruben Sierra... and lets throw Robert Fick in there for good measure. :D:

cheeses_h_rice
08-10-2005, 01:33 PM
50 divided by 30 is...1.67 'roiders per team.

I'd be shocked if the Sox weren't unaffected by this, assuming the 50 figure is real.

Ugh.

Fenway
08-10-2005, 01:36 PM
I don't know. Is this guy reputable or is he just trying to garner interest for his book? Interesting.

Bryant has a good track record

It is one thing to write one or two but FIFTY?????

mrwaffle
08-10-2005, 01:38 PM
I thought I just heard Selig say that results are announced within the hour of getting word that one tested positive. Why would they be sitting there with 50 positive tests...I just can't see that happening.

They release them as soon as possible after going through the arbitrator like they had to do with Palmeiro. Thats why he had tested positive like 2 and 1/2 months ago, but didn't get released until last week. At least thats how I understood what Selig was spouting.

Fenway
08-10-2005, 01:39 PM

The knew about Raffy in MAY

The fallout from 50 positives would be stunning. You wouldn't think players would be this stupid but after Raffy who knows.....

ja1022
08-10-2005, 01:40 PM
50 divided by 30 is...1.67 'roiders per team.

I'd be shocked if the Sox weren't unaffected by this

Timo Perez and Juan Ur maybe?

Flight #24
08-10-2005, 01:48 PM
The knew about Raffy in MAY

The fallout from 50 positives would be stunning. You wouldn't think players would be this stupid but after Raffy who knows.....

As I understood the process, there's a review by a panel that decides if any appeal has merit, then the appeal process occurs. The early positives were denied by that panel, Raffy was not. So it would make sense that Raffy's process took longer because he ended up with a different appeal process.

Also, I wonder if the process was altered after the initial positives because technically it's not 100% fair IMO to publish names prior to appeals being heard. If the appeal is upheld, you can't take back the stigma of beiing named. So if they changed the process, while it sucks for those Sanchez, Rincon, & co, it's actually the right thing to do.

I wouldn't be surprised if that's exactly what happened because if the report of 50 is true, there have to be some chumps in there that MLB wouldn't really care about their names coming out.

JUribe1989
08-10-2005, 01:48 PM
Did this writer say when they will announce these names? I wouldn't be able to respect someone if they were found to use steroids.

Chisox003
08-10-2005, 02:09 PM
Ivan Rodriguez? Miguel Tejada?

I hope not, but I have a feeling we are going to see some stars go down
in this one. Not only great players, but great names for the game, such
as Tejada.

This is going to be bad........

Ol' No. 2
08-10-2005, 02:12 PM
I find it amazing that this many players can be this *%&#*^&#! stupid.

StockdaleForVeep
08-10-2005, 02:14 PM

Knowing the vulture media, frank will test positive, i mean, he broke his ankle TWICE! THATS A CLEAR SIGN OF ROID ABUSE!

StockdaleForVeep
08-10-2005, 02:16 PM
I find it amazing that this many players can be this *%&#*^&#! stupid.

Question for those medically inclined. How long do steroids remain in your system? I know several drugs remain in your system for months, if not years but how long would any trace result of steroids remain in the body?

Fenway
08-10-2005, 02:21 PM
Just checked with a friend who is a columnist with the Montreal Gazette.

The lab MLB uses is in Montreal and the Gazette has heard there have been a number of positives.

This is a story on the woman who runs the program
http://www.ergogenics.org/dmt5.html

Doping Control Laboratory

Person in charge: Professor Christiane Ayotte (http://www.inrs-iaf.uquebec.ca/Anglais/professeur.jsp?page=AyotteChristiane)
245, Boul. Hymus
Pointe-Claire (Québec)
H9R 1G6

Phone: (514) 630-8806
Fax: (514) 630-8850
Email: christiane.ayotte@iaf.inrs.ca (christiane.ayotte@iaf.inrs.ca)

http://www.inrs-iaf.uquebec.ca/Anglais/index.jsp?page=Home

JUribe1989
08-10-2005, 02:22 PM
Just checked with a friend who is a columnist with the Montreal Gazette.

The lab MLB uses is in Montreal and the Gazette has heard there have been a number of positives.

This is a story on the woman who runs the program
http://www.ergogenics.org/dmt5.html

Doping Control Laboratory

Person in charge: Professor Christiane Ayotte (http://www.inrs-iaf.uquebec.ca/Anglais/professeur.jsp?page=AyotteChristiane)
245, Boul. Hymus
Pointe-Claire (Québec)
H9R 1G6

Phone: (514) 630-8806
Fax: (514) 630-8850
Email: christiane.ayotte@iaf.inrs.ca (christiane.ayotte@iaf.inrs.ca)

http://www.inrs-iaf.uquebec.ca/Anglais/index.jsp?page=Home

I guarantee you this will be terrible for the game of baseball somehow.

Unregistered
08-10-2005, 02:25 PM
I guarantee you this will be terrible for the game of baseball somehow.Why, cause they're in Quebec? Is it the French that worries you? :D:

Fenway
08-10-2005, 02:26 PM
I guarantee you this will be terrible for the game of baseball somehow.

You know what MLB may have to do? A team has a player(s) test positive, they have to forfeit games. The threat of suspensions may not be working.

The man who runs the Olympic testing program, Richard Pound told Selig what to do and was ignored.

buehrle4cy05
08-10-2005, 02:39 PM
Wow, if 50 players tested positive, MLB is going to take a huge hit. I hope that the Players' Union finally gets their heads together and realizes that there is a problem...in an ideal world I would do this:
1 Suspension: Minimum 162 games, depending on type of drug. If it's that Wintrol that Palmiero took, make it a 2 year ban. If it's something minor, like in a supplement, 162 games. No arbitration.
2 Suspensions: Banned for life. No arbitration.

MLB has to make a statement. 50 games may sound serious, but that's not even 1/3 of a season.

Flight #24
08-10-2005, 02:44 PM
You know what MLB may have to do? A team has a player(s) test positive, they have to forfeit games. The threat of suspensions may not be working.

The man who runs the Olympic testing program, Richard Pound told Selig what to do and was ignored.

True, if you ignore the fact that anything more stringent than the current policy would almost certainly have never gotten through the MLBPA.

However, if this is true and comes out, then there will be no choice but for the MLBPA to go along with whatever increased penalties Bud wants to apply.

tsamdog
08-10-2005, 03:02 PM
This is heady stuff, guys. It will be interesting to see how many cases are currently involved with an arbiter. According to all reports, Raffy's positive occurred in April or May, meaning a three month lag between test result and subsequent consequence. Do the math......It may be AFTER the season when the results become public. Wow.....

Trav
08-10-2005, 03:18 PM
Any positives that come to light is good for baseball. Having 50 players is maybe the best thing to happen to the MLB in a long time, if it is true. This is the cleansing process. The only downside is that this pretty much means that a White Sox player was involved.

StockdaleForVeep
08-10-2005, 03:24 PM
True, if you ignore the fact that anything more stringent than the current policy would almost certainly have never gotten through the MLBPA.

However, if this is true and comes out, then there will be no choice but for the MLBPA to go along with whatever increased penalties Bud wants to apply.

Plus you gotta think of grandfather clause type stuff, i mean, players do roids, how many is unknown but still. You couldnt do like "1 year for first offense" because if someone has been doin them for years, its gonna remain for a while after the rules were changed. Some players may be "clean" but still show traces.

LuvSox
08-10-2005, 03:27 PM
Mark Prior :D:

Madvora
08-10-2005, 03:43 PM
My God, with 50 positives, there is a chance that at least one of them could fall on the White Sox. Oh would that suck. I don't want to see that happen especially in a year like this... On the other hand, imagine the feeling is none at all are on the Sox!

DaveIsHere
08-10-2005, 03:45 PM
If a bunch of non Sox players were suspended, i could hear all the excuses if we won it all, all these lame stories about teams not being at full strength...blah blah blah

TheOldRoman
08-10-2005, 03:45 PM
Any positives that come to light is good for baseball. Having 50 players is maybe the best thing to happen to the MLB in a long time, if it is true. This is the cleansing process. The only downside is that this pretty much means that a White Sox player was involved.
Willie Harris?

It doesn't mean anything. I can think of 4 or 5 guys on the Yankees alone that I would bet money on. That's one tenth of the supposed players on one team. I also think a lot of the usage will be coming from end of the bench guys who are trying to get that power to secure some playing time.

Madvora
08-10-2005, 03:54 PM
Are Brady Anderson's test results finally about to come out?

PatK
08-10-2005, 03:57 PM
I would imagine Sheffield and Bonds are the two biggest names, since they both went to BALCO.

Rocky Soprano
08-10-2005, 04:01 PM
Any link to anyone reporting this?

PaulDrake
08-10-2005, 04:11 PM
This is heady stuff, guys. It will be interesting to see how many cases are currently involved with an arbiter. According to all reports, Raffy's positive occurred in April or May, meaning a three month lag between test result and subsequent consequence. Do the math......It may be AFTER the season when the results become public. Wow..... Yeah but don't say there's any foot dragging or favoritism unless you want to get slapped down here.

TomParrish79
08-10-2005, 04:18 PM
Well hopefully no Sox players will test positive.

Hopefully this story isnt true

tsamdog
08-10-2005, 04:19 PM
Yeah but don't say there's any foot dragging or favoritism unless you want to get slapped down here.

I'm not sure that it's footdragging or favoritism. I would defer to someone who knows the CBA/Drug Policy so that it can be explained in detail. IIRC, in the Raffy case, a policy-board member requested arbitration (for whatever reason....). If one member of the board/committee requests arbitration, then it must be so. Then, the time frame changes.

Ol' No. 2
08-10-2005, 04:23 PM
Well hopefully no Sox players will test positive.

BUUUUT if we are guessing on who it might be my guess would be A.J.

But hopefully we dont have one and hopefully this story isnt true at all.Don't. Just don't. You don't know if ANY Sox player tested positive and you're speculating on who it might be?

PaulDrake
08-10-2005, 04:23 PM
I'm not sure that it's footdragging or favoritism. I would defer to someone who knows the CBA/Drug Policy so that it can be explained in detail. IIRC, in the Raffy case, a policy-board member requested arbitration (for whatever reason....). If one member of the board/committee requests arbitration, then it must be so. Then, the time frame changes. I know. Went through all that in the Raffy thread. I remained unconvinced. If this is true that they are sitting on numerous positives then that goes double. I hope this isn't true. Baseball can't afford this.

tsamdog
08-10-2005, 04:28 PM
I know. Went through all that in the Raffy thread. I remained unconvinced. If this is true that they are sitting on numerous positives then that goes double. I hope this isn't true. Baseball can't afford this.

I hear you PD. This is going to be one of those watershed moments in baseball history. If it's true, then I'm afraid that Congress will become the governing body of baseball's pasttime. I truly hope I'm wrong....or that the rumor is not true......

TomParrish79
08-10-2005, 04:30 PM
Don't. Just don't. You don't know if ANY Sox player tested positive and you're speculating on who it might be?

I never said I did know for a fact. I mean how the hell could I know?

Infact I said very clearly that I doubt we got anyone on steroids.

And I can speculate on whoever the hell I want because its my opinion and this is a fan message board

Ol' No. 2
08-10-2005, 04:31 PM
I never said I did know for a fact. I mean how the hell could I know?

Infact I said very clearly that I doubt we got anyone on steroids.

And I can speculate on whoever the hell I want because its my opinion and this is a fan message boardYou can, but you're doing a terrible disservice to a lot of players who never did anything to deserve it.

dickallen15
08-10-2005, 04:33 PM

Well, Palmiero tested positive in May. Then he gets suspended the day after the HOF ceremonies. Also the celebration they were going to have for him was August 14th, when he would be back from his suspension. Usually they have a ceremony asap. They definitely were sitting on the Palmiero thing, just like they are now sitting on all these positives. How do they explain 50 positives? The game would take a hit worse than any strike.

TomParrish79
08-10-2005, 04:34 PM
True

I will edit that part out of my previous post.

I guess we can only speculate on other teams players that we think are on steroids

mikeybooyah
08-10-2005, 04:40 PM
I would imagine Sheffield and Bonds are the two biggest names, since they both went to BALCO.

Sheffielf, Sheffield, Sheffield!! (crossing fingers)

tsamdog
08-10-2005, 04:41 PM
Well, Palmiero tested positive in May. Then he gets suspended the day after the HOF ceremonies. Also the celebration they were going to have for him was August 14th, when he would be back from his suspension. Usually they have a ceremony asap. They definitely were sitting on the Palmiero thing, just like they are now sitting on all these positives. How do they explain 50 positives? The game would take a hit worse than any strike.

It just depends again, if you believe the process, how many are under arbitration. I don't know what that entails......or how long. Maybe someone here does.

You are most correct. If true (big if), this will be ugly.

Ol' No. 2
08-10-2005, 04:42 PM
True

I will edit that part out of my previous post.

I guess we can only speculate on other teams players that we think are on steroidsPersonally, I'd rather not do that, either, for the same reason.

mantis1212
08-10-2005, 04:48 PM

Personally, I'm pulling for Zito, Haren, Harden, and Street.

So much for the hottest team in baseball!!

Ol' No. 2
08-10-2005, 05:05 PM
MLB and MLBPA says it isn't so.

Linky (http://mlb.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/news/press_releases/press_release.jsp?ymd=20050810&content_id=1165214&vkey=pr_mlb&fext=.jsp&c_id=mlb)

Mercy!
08-10-2005, 05:13 PM

Linky (http://mlb.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/news/press_releases/press_release.jsp?ymd=20050810&content_id=1165214&vkey=pr_mlb&fext=.jsp&c_id=mlb)

"Reports of large numbers of positive tests currently unreported are totally false. Reports of 'big name' players having the reporting of their test results delayed are totally false."

Thanks for the link. You know, if MLB had emulated the transparent and severe Olympic drug policies, they wouldn't have to be constantly putting out these fires. And until they do, these rumors are going to be flying freely.

Too bad, but MLB made its own bed.

Fenway
08-10-2005, 05:14 PM

Of course MLB also bought a full page ad in USA TODAY after Raffy got his 3,000th hit.

Something is amiss here and Bryant obviously hit a nerve. Normally MLB would ignore a story like that.

wdelaney72
08-10-2005, 05:33 PM

"After the exhaustion of any available appeal, disciplines are announced publicly. "

This is what happened with Raffy. There still could be numerous positive tests in this phase.

Ol' No. 2
08-10-2005, 10:11 PM
"After the exhaustion of any available appeal, disciplines are announced publicly. "

This is what happened with Raffy. There still could be numerous positive tests in this phase.Here's what they said. Take it FWIW.Reports of large numbers of positive tests currently unreported are totally false.

Fredsox
08-11-2005, 06:31 AM
Plus you gotta think of grandfather clause type stuff, i mean, players do roids, how many is unknown but still. You couldnt do like "1 year for first offense" because if someone has been doin them for years, its gonna remain for a while after the rules were changed. Some players may be "clean" but still show traces.

Disagree on a grandfather clause. Steroids have been illegal for years unless prescribed by a licensed physician. MLB has just begun testing for them. If we want to eliminate this cheating we need to hit violators with the full force. I agree with Selig's proposal for a 50 game suspension on the first offense, 100 for the second, and a lifetime ban on the 3rd. No exceptions, I don't care if it's a White Sox player or not.

TornLabrum
08-11-2005, 07:24 AM
Disagree on a grandfather clause. Steroids have been illegal for years unless prescribed by a licensed physician. MLB has just begun testing for them. If we want to eliminate this cheating we need to hit violators with the full force. I agree with Selig's proposal for a 50 game suspension on the first offense, 100 for the second, and a lifetime ban on the 3rd. No exceptions, I don't care if it's a White Sox player or not.

I thought Joe Morgan's take on it was pretty interesting. He was essentially saying he agreed with Selig except he wanted lesser penalties for the first two violations, 30 and 60 games, iirc. He also talked about how this affected the integrity of the game as much as betting on games does, and went so far as to say if these juiced up behemoths were elected to the HOF, then Pete Rose should.

That's where he went a little too far, imho. The Rose situation led to the possiblity of his tanking games to pay off his gambling debts. That's one reason betting on games carries the "death penalty." Fortunately for the integrity of the game, Rose took the course of welching on those debts. I don't see how steroids could affect the game in exactly the same way.

tsamdog
08-11-2005, 07:37 AM
I thought Joe Morgan's take on it was pretty interesting. He was essentially saying he agreed with Selig except he wanted lesser penalties for the first two violations, 30 and 60 games, iirc. He also talked about how this affected the integrity of the game as much as betting on games does, and went so far as to say if these juiced up behemoths were elected to the HOF, then Pete Rose should.

That's where he went a little too far, imho. The Rose situation led to the possiblity of his tanking games to pay off his gambling debts. That's one reason betting on games carries the "death penalty." Fortunately for the integrity of the game, Rose took the course of welching on those debts. I don't see how steroids could affect the game in exactly the same way.

I am not sure that Joe M. meant that steroids and gambling affected the game similarly. What I read into his comments were that players that are chemically enhanced put themselves above the game and do an injustice to those that came before them. He claimed that the Harmon Killibrew's of the world could not speak up for fear of 'sour grapes', so he was going to represent them. If those who set inflated records, specifically HR numbers, were using illegal substances to do so, then why wouldn't they also receive a 'death penalty' ?

wdelaney72
08-11-2005, 08:02 AM
Here's what they said. Take it FWIW.

I know. Maybe 50 is a bit exaggerated, but I wouldn't be surprised if there was a handlful going through appeals right now.

TornLabrum
08-11-2005, 08:11 AM
I am not sure that Joe M. meant that steroids and gambling affected the game similarly. What I read into his comments were that players that are chemically enhanced put themselves above the game and do an injustice to those that came before them. He claimed that the Harmon Killibrew's of the world could not speak up for fear of 'sour grapes', so he was going to represent them. If those who set inflated records, specifically HR numbers, were using illegal substances to do so, then why wouldn't they also receive a 'death penalty' ?

I have no problem with them getting the "death penalty." The problem is that baseball did nothing, so there is no proof that their records are tainted (unless they testify to that in open court). By sitting on their hands and doing nothing MLB and the MLBPA tainted at least a decade of play.

tsamdog
08-11-2005, 08:25 AM
I have no problem with them getting the "death penalty." The problem is that baseball did nothing, so there is no proof that their records are tainted (unless they testify to that in open court). By sitting on their hands and doing nothing MLB and the MLBPA tainted at least a decade of play.

There is no question that MLB had knowledge of steroid usage, no doubt in my mind. It's a shame for those players who were 'clean' during that time because the brush stroke will be wide. I can understand Morgan's point, but without the proof you speak of, I agree it's moot. It is ironic that Joe M. has conveniently forgot the 'greenie' generation. I would be interested to hear debate over how much of an advantage those legendary players of the 60's-70's had with those little pills. Ball Four seemed to indicate that the Yankees (among others) were greenie driven.

EastCoastSoxFan
08-11-2005, 09:19 AM
Not necessarily. If there are a few teams with 4 or 5 positives, then there could be several with none (assuming, of course, that this allegation proves truthful).
If there were 100 or more positives, then it would be almost certain that every team would have been affected...

Ol' No. 2
08-11-2005, 09:28 AM
Not necessarily. If there are a few teams with 4 or 5 positives, then there could be several with none (assuming, of course, that this allegation proves truthful).
If there were 100 or more positives, then it would be almost certain that every team would have been affected...Keep in mind that the Sox were the team a few years ago that wanted to refuse to take the test en masse because they knew they would be counted as positives, which would force testing the following year. It would not surprise me one bit if no Sox player tested positive.

Flight #24
08-11-2005, 10:01 AM
Keep in mind that the Sox were the team a few years ago that wanted to refuse to take the test en masse because they knew they would be counted as positives, which would force testing the following year. It would not surprise me one bit if no Sox player tested positive.

Plus, when they actually went through with the test, none of them got nabbed (IIRC Armando Rios excepted), so it's not like they were trying to avoid the test to prevent getting caught. The logic there would be that avoiding the test would be a "zero-stigma positive" versus actually testing positive.

StockdaleForVeep
08-11-2005, 01:56 PM

Agreed, i mean, some plays DO accidently take suppliments and dont read them and have banned agents in them, this is their fault yes but not a reason to ban for a substantial amount of games, remember these players do have famlies to feed

Just curious, is there any connection to why most if not all of the positive steroid cases have been in the AL?

FarWestChicago
08-11-2005, 04:21 PM
Just curious, is there any connection to why most if not all of the positive steroid cases have been in the AL?Oakland and Texas started it all.

Mohoney
08-11-2005, 04:42 PM
Question for those medically inclined. How long do steroids remain in your system? I know several drugs remain in your system for months, if not years but how long would any trace result of steroids remain in the body?

About as long as Bonds takes to get back on the field.

Ol' No. 2
08-11-2005, 04:52 PM
Agreed, i mean, some plays DO accidently take suppliments and dont read them and have banned agents in them, this is their fault yes but not a reason to ban for a substantial amount of games, remember these players do have famlies to feed

Just curious, is there any connection to why most if not all of the positive steroid cases have been in the AL?Once again. The banned substances are on the federal government's list of controlled substances. They cannot legally be sold anywhere in the United States without a prescription. The idea that you can walk into GNC and buy something that contains one of these banned substances is laughable. At best, you might find an old bottle lying around that contains something that was sold before it was added to the list. Or you can buy something in a foreign country that contains something that is legal there but illegal here. In either case, if you're dumb enough to take that, I have no sympathy.

JohnBasedowYoda
08-11-2005, 06:48 PM
this might be stupid, but what if a coach tested positive for roids. :D:

wdelaney72
08-12-2005, 10:46 AM
this might be stupid, but what if a coach tested positive for roids. :D:

How about an official. Ed Hochuli, perhaps?:tongue:

infohawk
08-12-2005, 10:57 AM
How about an official. Ed Hochuli, perhaps?:tongue:

Is that the NFL referee with the really big arms?

wdelaney72
08-12-2005, 01:45 PM
Is that the NFL referee with the really big arms?

Yes. I should have put that in teal. So I'm going to call in the cops on myself. I should know better.

:tealpolice:

Stroker Ace
08-12-2005, 01:48 PM
Who's bigger than Raffy that could test positive for 'roids?

StockdaleForVeep
08-12-2005, 01:58 PM
Who's bigger than Raffy that could test positive for 'roids?

Tony womack is plotting his flee from the country when he tests positive

Fenway
08-14-2005, 12:35 PM
newsbank FINALLY put the column online that started this

BOSTON UNCOMMON Needle's tipBaseball rife with word of more positive tests (http://docs.newsbank.com/openurl?ctx_ver=z39.88-2004&rft_id=info:sid/iw.newsbank.com:NewsBank:BNHB&rft_val_format=info:ofi/fmt:kev:mtx:ctx&rft_dat=10BEA013CA67B240&svc_dat=InfoWeb:aggregated4&req_dat=0F40413B3B2D7D5C)

Before last week's Red Sox-Royals finale, a Royals player, who shall remain nameless, sat in the Kansas City dugout staring straight ahead squinting against the early afternoon sun. The topic was Rafael Palmeiro, whose 10-game suspension for violating the league's steroid policy expires tomorrow.

"Forget Palmeiro," the player said. "Be on the lookout for more. There are more names coming. Trust me."

The television executive whose network is a rights holder of Major League Baseball said last Friday that baseball had the names of as many as a dozen positive steroid tests that it was withholding from the public, unsure in the wake of the Palmeiro disaster exactly how to proceed.

Three days later, before Monday's 11-6 Sox win over Texas, a Red Sox pitcher heard the same thing, which reminded me of the words, "the rumors are always true," a classic line in Robert Altman's 1992 film "The Player."

"We're all hearing the same thing," the player said, noting that leading up to the Palmeiro announcement word had floated for days that "somebody big" was going down. "I heard they had 58 names they weren't releasing. I also heard that at least two were bigger than Palmeiro."

Later that afternoon, a former executive told me he had heard the talk recently, too, but the number is closer to 50 than 58.

Ol' No. 2
08-14-2005, 12:46 PM
newsbank FINALLY put the column online that started this

BOSTON UNCOMMON Needle's tipBaseball rife with word of more positive tests (http://docs.newsbank.com/openurl?ctx_ver=z39.88-2004&rft_id=info:sid/iw.newsbank.com:NewsBank:BNHB&rft_val_format=info:ofi/fmt:kev:mtx:ctx&rft_dat=10BEA013CA67B240&svc_dat=InfoWeb:aggregated4&req_dat=0F40413B3B2D7D5C)

Before last week's Red Sox-Royals finale, a Royals player, who shall remain nameless, sat in the Kansas City dugout staring straight ahead squinting against the early afternoon sun. The topic was Rafael Palmeiro, whose 10-game suspension for violating the league's steroid policy expires tomorrow.

"Forget Palmeiro," the player said. "Be on the lookout for more. There are more names coming. Trust me."

The television executive whose network is a rights holder of Major League Baseball said last Friday that baseball had the names of as many as a dozen positive steroid tests that it was withholding from the public, unsure in the wake of the Palmeiro disaster exactly how to proceed.

Three days later, before Monday's 11-6 Sox win over Texas, a Red Sox pitcher heard the same thing, which reminded me of the words, "the rumors are always true," a classic line in Robert Altman's 1992 film "The Player."

"We're all hearing the same thing," the player said, noting that leading up to the Palmeiro announcement word had floated for days that "somebody big" was going down. "I heard they had 58 names they weren't releasing. I also heard that at least two were bigger than Palmeiro."

Later that afternoon, a former executive told me he had heard the talk recently, too, but the number is closer to 50 than 58.I heard the number was closer to 100.

Seriously, this is a textbook case of rumor inflation.

KyWhiSoxFan
08-14-2005, 08:45 PM
I heard the number was closer to 100.

Seriously, this is a textbook case of rumor inflation.

Maybe the rumor is on 'roids.

Wsoxmike59
08-14-2005, 09:49 PM

Sosa! Sosa! Sosa! (crossing fingers, eyes, & toes):D:

maristsox
08-14-2005, 10:30 PM
would minor leaguers be involved in this count?

HotelWhiteSox
08-17-2005, 05:46 PM
Someone from Soxtalk (who said results announced on Friday) and Harry from MJH (who didn't expand on it at all) both said they have sources who say 2 very big names tested positive. Just an odd coincidence to hear this twice in the same time frame, but could easily be a rumor.

The original ST post had the names but now it just says Boston CF, which a big name would be Damon, but it makes for sense if it's Gabe Kapler, who mysteriously went to Japan to play earlier this year (cleaning the system? he's muscular, and Boston fans have assumed him in the past), but he's not a huge name. The one implied that would be huge is Clemens. All rumors right now however

Trav
08-17-2005, 06:00 PM
If I hear a rumor from SoxfanB and tell SoxfanA who tells Soxfanb then does that mean it is confirmed? I don't think there is any truth to anything anymore.

HotelWhiteSox
08-18-2005, 12:55 PM
This sure is getting interesting, different media outlets reporting the same things: http://forums.nyyfans.com/showthread.php?t=87565

As well as a guy who claims to work in a ML organization:

http://www.redszone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=39353&page=1&pp=20

I also read a Gammons piece that said one name was bigger than Palmeiro.

Could still be internet speculation, but very interesting how this is unfolding

kittle42
08-18-2005, 12:59 PM
I actually just heard Clemens, Damon, Gagne, and Eckstein.

Of course, the same person may or may not have told me that the kid from the Wonder Years was also Marilyn Manson. :D:

ChiSoxRowand
08-18-2005, 02:54 PM
Of course, the same person may or may not have told me that the kid from the Wonder Years was also Marilyn Manson. :D:

:rolling: I heard that one too.

HotelWhiteSox
08-18-2005, 04:34 PM
I heard the Wonder Year one too, and believed it for a while

From ESPN.com chat:

Derek in Iowa City: What's with the rumors about the two "superstars" that have tested positive for banned substances?

Rob Neyer: We're hearing the same rumors at ESPN, along with some actual names. But I don't have any interest in spreading rumors. We'll know when we know.

TommyJohn
08-18-2005, 04:56 PM
There is one name that keeps popping up that wouldn't surprise me at all.
That said, I won't say anything further until test results are announced.

DaveIsHere
08-18-2005, 05:10 PM
I am speculating Timo Perez, with his recent drop in power numbers

Ol' No. 2
08-18-2005, 05:11 PM
Selig said a couple of weeks ago that there was only one player whose case was pending, and it was a young player. Ask yourself this: Would he say that publicly, knowing that he was going to look like a complete chump later when something very different happened?

maurice
08-18-2005, 05:38 PM
Would he say that publicly, knowing that he was going to look like a complete chump later when something very different happened?

While a normal person wouldn't want to look like a chump, Selig pretty much always looks like a chump. He's probably used to it by now.
:)

Ol' No. 2
08-18-2005, 05:40 PM
While a normal person wouldn't want to look like a chump, Selig pretty much always looks like a chump. He's probably used to it by now.
:)I knew someone was going to say that. But he's sure as hell not going to go out of his way to make himself look even dumber. He didn't have to make the statement he did.

HotelWhiteSox
08-18-2005, 06:13 PM
Teinowitz giving more hints, 'one in the AL and one in the NL, both in the AllStar Game this year. One is a pitcher, one isn't'. Jurko saying that he'd guess the Cubs would love one of these guys as a FA next year, implying Damon. Mac also asked something implying Damon. They also said one had been on the show.

Interesting thing from the ESPN.com chat taken from SoxTalk:

Dan (Boston): Are you a Carpenter or Clemens man?

Rob Neyer: (3:55 PM ET ) Clemens, although that could change soon. Also, let's not forget Dontrelle Willis...

This might really bring the game down, reisignation from Selig? I just can't wait til tomorow.

Trav
08-18-2005, 06:31 PM
Teinowitz giving more hints, 'one in the AL and one in the NL, both in the AllStar Game this year. One is a pitcher, one isn't'. Jurko saying that he'd guess the Cubs would love one of these guys as a FA next year, implying Damon. Mac also asked something implying Damon. They also said one had been on the show.

This might really bring the game down, reisignation from Selig? I just can't wait til tomorow.

Why would a Chicago Mediot know about something that ESPN hasn't reported yet? Maybe I am underestimating them but if two big names come out in the next couple of weeks I will eat my hat. I'm with #2 in thinking that Selig wouldn't come out and put down a rumor before having that rumor be true. Selig is many things but he isn't stupid.

maurice
08-18-2005, 06:36 PM
Why would a Chicago Mediot know about something that ESPN hasn't reported yet?

I suspect that they've all heard the same rumor but think it's irresponsible to report it at this time. OTOH, some of the mediots can't resist "hinting," which is pretty irresponsible in its own right.

Trav
08-18-2005, 06:45 PM
I suspect that they've all heard the same rumor but think it's irresponsible to report it at this time. OTOH, some of the mediots can't resist "hinting," which is pretty irresponsible in its own right.

That is kind of my point. ESPN hasn't scooped anything and they are just teasing with rumors. Unfouned at that. Now a local guy hears this and starts teasing his audience with the rumor he found on espn.com. I think it is a cycle and nothing big will come from this. I would love for some juicy names to come out and have Bud be made a fool but life isn't like that for me.

whitesoxfan
08-18-2005, 07:21 PM
based on Teinowitz's hints, i would guess the 2 stars would be Damon and Clemens. I'm pretty sure Damon was on the show before.

SluggersAway
08-18-2005, 07:32 PM
According to this report (http://www.redreporter.com/story/2005/8/18/121748/328), 2 more MLB players have failed a drug test. Rumor has it that one of them is Roger Clemens, and the other is from the AL. The news won't hit until the appeal is over.

I have no idea if it is true, but to throw a little more flame on the fire, here is Clemens answering a question from the Sporting News on steroids (http://www.sportingnews.com/exclusives/20050314/607161.html) this spring:

TSN: Steroids are a hot topic. They supposedly give players an advantage in their workouts, allowing them to do more, enabling them to recover more quickly. For those reasons, have you ever considered using performance-enhancing drugs?

CLEMENS: Steroids are great because for my mother (Bess, who suffers from emphysema), they are great. They keep her chest cavity strong, and she has to take them. For others, they abuse them, and they're not good for you. I hate the fact that they're just making this such a big topic because one or two guys (have) come out about it. I don't think there's any secret about the guys who were doing it -- you can tell. But to each their own.

(Notice he didn't answer the question)

HotelWhiteSox
08-18-2005, 07:45 PM
That is kind of my point. ESPN hasn't scooped anything and they are just teasing with rumors. Unfouned at that. Now a local guy hears this and starts teasing his audience with the rumor he found on espn.com. I think it is a cycle and nothing big will come from this. I would love for some juicy names to come out and have Bud be made a fool but life isn't like that for me.

Well, he basically said it at the same time that it started, it was never started on ESPN.com (but was just mentioned recently on a Neyer chat). He had it from his 'trusted source' that gives it him info, and at the same time it was also rumored on a ESPN Radio show in NY, as well as other 'MLB workers' or 'insiders' have been posting on message boards at the same time. It could be some big internet rumor, it is definately all speculation for now, believe what you want, but it seems like too many coincidences for me, I personally believe it (at least one of them), and I will into Monday, thinking that it will either be announced Tomorow or Monday, after that, I'll let it go.

Ol' No. 2
08-18-2005, 07:48 PM

This might really bring the game down, reisignation from Selig? I just can't wait til tomorow.Harry Teinowitz. Now, THERE'S a source we can all believe. And SoxTalk is even worse.

TornLabrum
08-18-2005, 09:21 PM
Harry Teinowitz. Now, THERE'S a source we can all believe. And SoxTalk is even worse.

I think Teinowitz said before he spread the rumor Tuesday (or was it yesterday?) that he was drinking with somebody who gave him the names. So it's a rumor he picked up from a drinking buddy.

Ol' No. 2
08-18-2005, 09:24 PM
I think Teinowitz said before he spread the rumor Tuesday (or was it yesterday?) that he was drinking with somebody who gave him the names. So it's a rumor he picked up from a drinking buddy.Oh. And here I thought it wasn't from a reliable source...:rolleyes:

CHISOXFAN13
08-18-2005, 10:20 PM
FWIW, Blow Hole Murph just said that Michael Kay from the Yes Network in NY is reporting Clemens and Damon have both been denied in appeals.

samram
08-18-2005, 11:03 PM
FWIW, Blow Hole Murph just said that Michael Kay from the Yes Network in NY is reporting Clemens and Damon have both been denied in appeals.

Does this mean their appeal has been denied or that the rumor that they were in the appeals process has been denied?

CHISOXFAN13
08-18-2005, 11:11 PM
Does this mean their appeal has been denied or that the rumor that they were in the appeals process has been denied?

Kay said they appealed and the appeals were denied.

We'll see I guess.

Domeshot17
08-18-2005, 11:24 PM
not to throw more fuel into the fire, but a buddy of mine who works for the Score told me to keep an ear out tommrow, because Clemens and Damons results could be out as soon as then.

ChiWhiteSox1337
08-19-2005, 01:09 AM
If that's actually true, I don't know what to think. Johnny Damon has one of the worst OF arms in baseball, just think of how bad it would be without steroids!

RedHeadPaleHoser
08-19-2005, 09:55 AM
If only there were an award for 50 steroid tests...we'd give this thread two of 'em.

:tomatoaward

Flight #24
08-19-2005, 10:03 AM
"I heard they had 58 names they weren't releasing. I also heard that at least two were bigger than Palmeiro."

I call BS on the Damon/Clemens talk because quite simply,
Palmeiro = 8 letters
Clemens = 7 letters
Damon = 5 letters

On the other hand.....Doug Mientiehakhakhfeuqhkfhekuhafeucz - there's the obvious choice!

Hangar18
08-19-2005, 10:23 AM
Harry Teinowitz. Now, THERE'S a source we can all believe. And SoxTalk is even worse.

I dont know ........I think Harry is on to something here ..........

Flight #24
08-19-2005, 10:28 AM
FWIW, AM1000 reports that they'll have the NY sportscaster on at 11 that named Damon & Clemens.

MushMouth
08-19-2005, 10:39 AM
FWIW, AM1000 reports that they'll have the NY sportscaster on at 11 that named Damon & Clemens.

Wonder what repercussions he'll face if he's wrong? He could have just picked up on strong but false rumors and reported them.

We'll see... Will be very interesting if it is Damon/Clemens.

also - someone update us on the Michael Kay interview on ESPN1000 please!

kittle42
08-19-2005, 10:41 AM
I really hope this crap is false, at least as it pertains to Clemens. Palmeiro was one thing, but if arguably the best pitcher of all time (or at least a top 5) is found to be a user, there could be even stronger public backlash against the sport.

Flight #24
08-19-2005, 11:17 AM
Wonder what repercussions he'll face if he's wrong? He could have just picked up on strong but false rumors and reported them.

We'll see... Will be very interesting if it is Damon/Clemens.

also - someone update us on the Michael Kay interview on ESPN1000 please!

They didn't ask, he didn't bring it up. But he was very complimentary towards the Sox and thinks that they will be a force in the postseason even without adding a bat. "You don't win postseason games 7-6."

He thinks our starters and bullpen will be the key.

Mickster
08-19-2005, 11:18 AM

Kay made absolutely no mention of this. This is not passing the smell test.

the_valenstache
08-19-2005, 12:06 PM
I always thought that if Damon tested positive for something, it wouldn't be 'roids. :smokin:

Ol' No. 2
08-19-2005, 12:31 PM
I dont know ........I think Harry is on to something here ..........Oh, he's on something all right.

voodoochile
08-19-2005, 12:49 PM
If only there were an award for 50 steroid tests...we'd give this thread two of 'em.

:tomatoaward

I think we need a beefier tomato. At the least we need a tomato that reflects the fact that pure rumor mongering has artificially bulked this thread up...

buehrle4cy05
08-19-2005, 02:29 PM
I think we need a beefier tomato. At the least we need a tomato that reflects the fact that pure rumor mongering has artificially bulked this thread up...

So what, we're injecting Tomatoes with steroids?
:canseco
"Yeah, the tomato and I would go into the bathroom stall, and I would inject him in the core and he would inject me. We never thought anything of it, it was completely natural. I know the tomato denies it now, but trust me, we did."

tstrike2000
08-20-2005, 03:54 PM
Ivan Rodriguez? Miguel Tejada?

I hope not, but I have a feeling we are going to see some stars go down
in this one. Not only great players, but great names for the game, such
as Tejada.

This is going to be bad........

I'm not sure about Tejada but I've always suspected IRod since he left Texas. He's had injury problems and all of a sudden now with the Tigers he's been very healthy compared to his early years. His age plus wear and tear on a catcher has me wondering. :?:

SouthSide_HitMen
08-20-2005, 08:29 PM
http://joyofsox.blogspot.com/2005/08/two-big-steroid-suspensions-coming.html

Anyone else heard this on ESPN AM 1000? Apparently if true this will be announced either Sunday or Monday by MLB.

Or is this BS?

JUribe1989
08-20-2005, 08:38 PM
Well, with a source like Soxtalk how could you go wrong.

PAPChiSox729
08-20-2005, 08:51 PM
Well, with a source like Soxtalk how could you go wrong.
:redneck

Anyways, an announcement like that would be devastating. I still am not expecting it to happen, but if it does, it would be the biggest story from the 2005 MLB season, no matter what happens in the playoffs.

SouthSide_HitMen
08-20-2005, 08:54 PM
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2005/scorecard/08/19/truth.rumors.mlb/

Major League Baseball officials received at least a dozen phone calls yesterday regarding a rumor MLB was about to announce that Roger Clemens and Johnny Damon had tested positive for steroids, with an announcement coming today. ''Total BS," one official said. MLB and the players' union had released a joint press release last week, vehemently denying that more prominent players had tested positive in the aftermath of Rafael Palmeiro's failed test.
-- Boston Globe

__________________________________________________ __________________

Not that SI / Boston Glove has much credibility either but they probably took the quote correctly.

I can't see MLB "vehemently denying" it when they knew they had to announce it a day or two later - they would just have no comment.

As you were.

chisoxmike
08-20-2005, 08:55 PM
I heard about this on TV the other night too. Can't remember where. BBTN maybe.

Jjav829
08-20-2005, 09:11 PM
Well, I don't know if either of these reports is any more reliable than the extremely reliable report already in this thread, but I found these on redszone.com.

This just keeps getting weirder. Really, if this turns out to be true, then MLB has a lot of explaining to do about why they've denied it so long.

http://www.oddjack.com/gambling/mlb...-use-now-118327 (http://www.oddjack.com/gambling/mlb-betting/index.php#bet-on-roger-clemens-for-steroid-use-now-118327)

Oddjack has received a tip from a reputable sports reporter that the rumors circulating about Houston Astros’ pitcher Roger Clemens testing positive for steroids are true and that MLB will release a statement this Monday. WagerWeb is still offering +200 on Clemens testing positive.

And from David Wells:

http://boomer33.com/news.html (http://boomer33.com/news.html)

9. Any update on the suspension?

Not yet, im still waiting, but after all this steroid **** they might not get to it. I hear that there is about 58 more guys that have tested positive and if that's true, this game is screwed! Congress will have a field day with it, but I dont have to worry about that I'm fat remember? So, I amm looking good! Holla!

The first one is from a betting site. The other is from Fatass Wells' site. Take it FWIW.

chaerulez
08-20-2005, 09:48 PM
Clemens I could see happening, but Damon is a bit of suprise. I'm sure there is at least 1 more prominent name that will be released soon but who knows when they will do it. I don't see how a prominent name hurts MLB, then MLB can brag about how their testing policy works.

cheeses_h_rice
08-20-2005, 09:52 PM
Dear God,

Please make one of the guys caught be Sammy Sosa.

Love,

cheeses

HotelWhiteSox
08-20-2005, 09:58 PM
Well, I don't know if either of these reports is any more reliable than the extremely reliable report already in this thread, but I found these on redszone.com.

The first one is from a betting site. The other is from Fatass Wells' site. Take it FWIW.

I believed these rumors (and still kind of do, and believe more in Bud sweeping this under the rug to protect his ass rather than major league players who cheat on their wives regulary and do plenty of drugs all of a sudden becoming wholesome when it comes to performance enhancers, something that would help them make more $, what it's all about), but that gambling site just seems like a way to royally screw its gullible betters. 'We received a tip that Clemens will be announced Monday. Oh, the source was wrong, no announcer, say bye to your money'

FarWestChicago
08-20-2005, 10:04 PM
Clemens I could see happening, but Damon is a bit of suprise.Why would Damon be a surprise? He played on the A's, the Mecca of 'roids.

Stroker Ace
08-20-2005, 10:14 PM
Clemens I could see happening, but Damon is a bit of suprise. I'm sure there is at least 1 more prominent name that will be released soon but who knows when they will do it. I don't see how a prominent name hurts MLB, then MLB can brag about how their testing policy works.If Bonds is one of them, a positive test for him won't be announced until he comes back.

CLR01
08-21-2005, 03:16 AM
I believed these rumors (and still kind of do, and believe more in Bud sweeping this under the rug to protect his ass

Why would Bud have to sweep this under the rug to protect his ass? This would only help in his cause to up the penalties (whether that is lip service or not I don't know).

Rooney4Prez56
08-21-2005, 09:15 AM
Why would Damon be a surprise? He played on the A's, the Mecca of 'roids.

It's a little surprising because Damon hasn't really stood out as THE hitter, the way Clemens has stood out as THE pitcher. Damon's stats are good, but not 'roid good.

Erik The Red
08-21-2005, 02:42 PM
It's a little surprising because Damon hasn't really stood out as THE hitter, the way Clemens has stood out as THE pitcher. Damon's stats are good, but not 'roid good.
He's got the best batting average in the AL, I think that qualifies as a little bit better than "good".

Clembasbal
08-21-2005, 09:27 PM
If Bonds is one of them, a positive test for him won't be announced until he comes back.

Question...

Does one get tested at all if they are on the DL? I mean, if they don't test DL players then I can see why Bonds has been on the DL so long (The knee thing I think is not as bad as they make it out to be).

SomebodyToldMe
08-21-2005, 09:31 PM
Question...

Does one get tested at all if they are on the DL? I mean, if they don't test DL players then I can see why Bonds has been on the DL so long (The knee thing I think is not as bad as they make it out to be).

:shammy
"Ahhhchooo"

maristsox
08-21-2005, 10:55 PM
i heard that most of the steroids players use arent for bulking, but for healing and recovery

voodoochile
08-22-2005, 12:19 AM
i heard that most of the steroids players use arent for bulking, but for healing and recovery

From where, ShamME*?

Maybe it was Giambi or Palmeiro...

LOL! Hang on to that dream and then send me a PM with your bid on this wonderful bridge I own in Brooklyn. You can have it cheap, but only if you move quickly, I got a line out the door of people bidding on it...:rolleyes:

HotelWhiteSox
08-22-2005, 12:31 AM
Why would Bud have to sweep this under the rug to protect his ass? This would only help in his cause to up the penalties (whether that is lip service or not I don't know).

I guess he's good in the case that he wanted stiffer penalties, but he already has his trophy with Palmeiro. Clemens and Damon (or just Clemens) would really hurt the game, I think the phrase thrown around would be "bring it to its knees", either him or Fehr would have to resign, and he'd look dumb after his statement of no big names after that '58 positive tests' Boston article.

Clembasbal
08-22-2005, 11:06 AM
Still waiting for this to come to fruition...Maybe it will be announced Tuesday!

Trav
08-22-2005, 02:39 PM

That is true. Look at Palmiero and the others who have popped this year as well as the ones in the minors. The most popular way would be to bulk up I am sure but it also helps players go out there and play every day.

Ol' No. 2
08-22-2005, 04:39 PM
Still waiting for this to come to fruition...Maybe it will be announced Tuesday!Which Tuesday?

SOXMAN1
08-27-2005, 04:13 PM
MAYBE BARRY BONDS HAS ENOUGH ROIDS IN HIS SYSTEM FOR 50 PLAYERS THERE FOR ACTUALLY 1 POSITIVE BUT LOTS OF ROIDS.:supernana: THATS WHY ITS TAKING HIM SO LONG TO COME BACK. HES STILL TRYING TO CLEAR HIS SYSTEM OF THE ROIDS.:wired: :bashbro PLEASE REMOVE THE UNIFORM.

buehrle4cy05
08-27-2005, 05:02 PM
MAYBE BARRY BONDS HAS ENOUGH ROIDS IN HIS SYSTEM FOR 50 PLAYERS THERE FOR ACTUALLY 1 POSITIVE BUT LOTS OF ROIDS.:supernana: THATS WHY ITS TAKING HIM SO LONG TO COME BACK. HES STILL TRYING TO CLEAR HIS SYSTEM OF THE ROIDS.:wired:

:thud:

Not sure how possible that is...

Chisox003
08-27-2005, 05:09 PM
MAYBE BARRY BONDS HAS ENOUGH ROIDS IN HIS SYSTEM FOR 50 PLAYERS THERE FOR ACTUALLY 1 POSITIVE BUT LOTS OF ROIDS.:supernana: THATS WHY ITS TAKING HIM SO LONG TO COME BACK. HES STILL TRYING TO CLEAR HIS SYSTEM OF THE ROIDS.:wired: :bashbro PLEASE REMOVE THE UNIFORM.

Woof

Over/Under: 1 week

SOXSINCE'70
08-27-2005, 06:55 PM
Oh, he's on something all right.

You beat me to it!!!!:redneck :redneck

In the words of Herman Munster,"Darn,darn,darn,darn,darn!!":D: