PDA

View Full Version : Funny story about Sox from my buddy in Oakland

SOecks
08-10-2005, 12:59 PM
So, my friend had to move to Oakland a few years back and is a die hard Sox fan still. He goes to all the A's-Sox games out there and once this year saw a very strange thing in the first couple of innings...

He's sitting on the third base side of the lower deck in the 2nd inning and sees a person walking in the aisles towards the outfield, dressed in some sort of plush fuzzy outfit. Then a minute later he sees three more in similar Halloween like costumes. Thinking it was just some California crazies he continued to watch the game.

A few innings later, he sees all 4 costumed fans sitting together in the outfield very close To Carl Everett holding up a sign towards him. He then realized that the fans weren't just dressed in any old costumes. They were all dressed as dinosaurs. The signs they were all holding said "We don't believe in Carl Everett". Knowing some of Car's beliefs this was one of the funniest things I had ever heard. Hope you enjoyed...

Unregistered
08-10-2005, 01:04 PM
So, my friend had to move to Oakland a few years back and is a die hard Sox fan still. He goes to all the A's-Sox games out there and once this year saw a very strange thing in the first couple of innings...

He's sitting on the third base side of the lower deck in the 2nd inning and sees a person walking in the aisles towards the outfield, dressed in some sort of plush fuzzy outfit. Then a minute later he sees three more in similar Halloween like costumes. Thinking it was just some California crazies he continued to watch the game.

A few innings later, he sees all 4 costumed fans sitting together in the outfield very close To Carl Everett holding up a sign towards him. He then realized that the fans weren't just dressed in any old costumes. They were all dressed as dinosaurs. The signs they were all holding said "We don't believe in Carl Everett". Knowing some of Car's beliefs this was one of the funniest things I had ever heard. Hope you enjoyed...I'm pretty sure those guys were on TV. I remember hearing about this.

SOecks
08-10-2005, 01:12 PM
Didn't know that it was on TV. I missed a couple of those A's games due to my Honeymoon. Still a pretty funny idea from those guys though.

MsSoxVixen22
08-10-2005, 02:10 PM
:kneeslap: Funny story...thanks for sharing that with us!

StockdaleForVeep
08-10-2005, 02:18 PM
Whenever carl homers at home, the jumbotron should show a graphic of a baseball impaling t-rex

SpammySosa
08-10-2005, 04:55 PM
A few innings later, he sees all 4 costumed fans sitting together in the outfield very close To Carl Everett holding up a sign towards him. He then realized that the fans weren't just dressed in any old costumes. They were all dressed as dinosaurs. The signs they were all holding said "We don't believe in Carl Everett". Knowing some of Car's beliefs this was one of the funniest things I had ever heard. Hope you enjoyed...

Someone posted a story on here about it and I believe the costumes were the Easter Bunny,Santa Claus and a couple others,but I could be wrong.

ode to veeck
08-10-2005, 04:57 PM
I go to almost all the Sox games at the Colleseum and didn't see that one somehow

Mercy!
08-10-2005, 05:01 PM
Someone posted a story on here about it and I believe the costumes were the Easter Bunny,Santa Claus and a couple others,but I could be wrong.

Yeah, that was me. The post got sent straight to the Roadhouse. LOL. Sometimes, ya just gotta scratch your head and chuckle.

:noevil:

Letmehearya
08-10-2005, 05:04 PM
"I'll bust you up if you ever post this %$# again!":everett: (http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/misc.php?do=getsmilies&wysiwyg=1&forumid=5#)

Crazy Carl - An angry man playing mediocre professional baseball for 13 years and still going strong.

Unregistered
08-10-2005, 05:11 PM
Crazy Carl - An angry man playing mediocre professional baseball for 13 years and still going strong.Yeah, the guy who's second on the team in RBIs, who will finish the year hitting around .270 with 25 HR and 95-100 RBIs. How mediocre. :rolleyes:

Your post is mediocre.

wdelaney72
08-10-2005, 05:14 PM
Yeah, the guy who's second on the team in RBIs, who will finish the year hitting around .270 with 25 HR and 95-100 RBIs. How mediocre. :rolleyes:

Your post is mediocre.

Not to mention the intensity he brings to this team. He's not our best player, but I love having Carl on this team.

ode to veeck
08-10-2005, 06:13 PM
Carl's always had a great attitude while in Pale Hose uniform, and has always contributed, wish we had more like him

PatK
08-10-2005, 06:57 PM
Urban legend.

rowand33
08-10-2005, 07:04 PM
"I'll bust you up if you ever post this %$# again!":everett: (http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/misc.php?do=getsmilies&wysiwyg=1&forumid=5#)

Crazy Carl - An angry man playing mediocre professional baseball for 13 years and still going strong.

Ridiculous.

FarWestChicago
08-10-2005, 07:34 PM

Crazy Carl - An angry man playing mediocre professional baseball for 13 years and still going strong.That's trolling to me. Have a nice vacation.

So.ILSoxFan
08-10-2005, 08:18 PM
:everett:=https://www.uoftmedstore.com/product_images/thumbnails/CarnationMilkNUSA.jpg

Carnation Instant Offense :cool:

NUCatsFan
08-11-2005, 01:33 AM
Yeah, that was me. The post got sent straight to the Roadhouse. LOL. Sometimes, ya just gotta scratch your head and chuckle.

:noevil:

Yeah, I posted on it too. Went to the game and thought it was funny as heck.