PDA

View Full Version : Question about last nights game

ChiFabulous1
08-10-2005, 11:30 AM
This might be a stupid question but yesterday after Arod was hit by a pitch warnings were issued to the managers and the pitchers, then in the 8th pods got hit by a Yankees reliever and didnít get tossed. Does the warning hold for the entire game or just for the warned pitchers?

Chez
08-10-2005, 11:43 AM
I believe the fact that warnings were issued doesn't automatically guarantee ejection at the next hit batter. The umpire still needs to suspect that the pitcher was trying to hit the batter.

ChiFabulous1
08-10-2005, 11:49 AM
Thanks. Thats kinda what I thought.

downstairs
08-10-2005, 11:51 AM
Warnings don't mean anything set in stone. We've obviously seen ejections with no earlier warning, and many times its clear that it is not intentional, and there is no ejection.

itsnotrequired
08-10-2005, 12:20 PM
:hijacked: Another question about last night's game:

When Cano stole second in the 1st inning, he did so on the first pitch to Sheffield. Sheffield swung and missed at that first pitch yet when play resumed, he still ahd a 0-0 count. Did anyone else see this or did I just imagine it? Was it simply a mistake on CSN's part? Sheffield eventually struck out but I can't remember if it was a "true" three strikes. ANyone have any insight on this?

Sad
08-10-2005, 01:32 PM
This might be a stupid question but yesterday after Arod was hit by a pitch warnings were issued to the managers and the pitchers, then in the 8th pods got hit by a Yankees reliever and didnít get tossed. Does the warning hold for the entire game or just for the warned pitchers?

I got stuck with the YES feed :mad: last night, but I thought they said warnings were not issued even tho' it appeared they were...