PDA

View Full Version : Todays Lineup (8/10)

skobabe8
08-10-2005, 10:25 AM
1.Pods, LF ...
2.Ozuna, 2B ...
3.Everett, DH ...
4.Konerko, 1B ...
5.Rowand, CF ...
6.Dye, RF ...
7.Blum, 3B ...
8.Widger, C ...
9.Uribe, SS ...

Garcia, RHP.

Tekijawa
08-10-2005, 10:28 AM
Ahhh the B Team... Great... OZZIE ***? Do our starters honestly need this much rest?

SoxFan78
08-10-2005, 10:32 AM
It's not the full B team, but its not our A team thats for sure.

I agree with Blum getting in there for Joe "Pop Up" Crede, and AJ deserves a break.

But come on, why is Iguchi sitting, he's been one of our hottest hitters the past couple of weeks!

CaptainBallz
08-10-2005, 10:36 AM
GOOOOOOOOOCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well, I guess with the schedule ahead...maybe, perhaps...

We'll see the wisdom in this shortly, I hope.

Letmehearya
08-10-2005, 10:41 AM
Iguchi and Pods are the best hope to get something going offensively. :iguchi: (http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/misc.php?do=getsmilies&wysiwyg=1&forumid=5#)

[In Japanese] "Skip, I'm not tired! You're hurting my chances to win ROY. Don't you know the east coast media makes that decision?"
:everett: (http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/misc.php?do=getsmilies&wysiwyg=1&forumid=5#)

"That punk jumps on the net again and I'll personally give him the beat down of a lifetime!"

LuvSox
08-10-2005, 10:44 AM
Nesflash: Ozzie may know more about the team than us. Let's see what happens.

Unregistered
08-10-2005, 10:45 AM
All I have to say is welcome back to the 3 spot, Crazy Carl.

zach23
08-10-2005, 10:47 AM
Iguchi and Pods are the best hope to get something going offensively. :iguchi: (http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/misc.php?do=getsmilies&wysiwyg=1&forumid=5#)

[In Japanese] "Skip, I'm not tired! You're hurting my chances to win ROY. Don't you know the east coast media makes that decision?"
:everett: (http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/misc.php?do=getsmilies&wysiwyg=1&forumid=5#)

"That punk jumps on the net again and I'll personally give him the beat down of a lifetime!"

I'd rather see a healthy and rested Iguchi causing havoc in October and winning the MVP of the World Series instead. That award means a lot more.

Tekijawa
08-10-2005, 10:49 AM
Nesflash: Ozzie may know more about the team than us. Let's see what happens.

I don't know about that? I was screaming Put in Hermanson last night while Marte was trying to load the bases in the 9th.

The Wimperoo
08-10-2005, 11:07 AM
Timo isn't in there is it already looks better than the past few games.

Unregistered
08-10-2005, 11:13 AM
I don't know about that? I was screaming Put in Hermanson last night while Marte was trying to load the bases in the 9th.He didn't get put in because he wasn't ready - his back wasn't feeling right. He said it himself. It was only after Marte got himself into a big jam that Ozzie had to bring him in.

itsnotrequired
08-10-2005, 11:15 AM
Widger almost always plays the day game the day after AJ plays the night game.

BeviBall!
08-10-2005, 11:15 AM
Ah yes... a day game with an off day tomorrow. Perfect time for the B+ lineup.

Someone answer me this... why not DH Widger or Ozuna last night? Does Widge only have to play when catching?

tsamdog
08-10-2005, 11:19 AM
I'd rather see a healthy and rested Iguchi causing havoc in October and winning the MVP of the World Series instead. That award means a lot more.

I agree....and hopefully Pods has turned the corner, coming out of his funk. We need a healthy 1-2 for the rest of the campaign.

SoxFan78
08-10-2005, 11:19 AM

Someone answer me this... why not DH Widger or Ozuna last night? Does Widge only have to play when catching?

Im almost positive Widger can't DH because if AJ gets hurt, Widger would not be able to move into the catcher position because Widge would already be in the game as a DH.

Somebody correct me if im wrong.

bobj4400
08-10-2005, 11:20 AM

It is risky to use your backup catcher as DH b/c then you are screwed with no catcher if something happens to AJ and he has to leave the game...

BeviBall!
08-10-2005, 11:20 AM
Im almost positive Widger can't DH because if AJ gets hurt, Widger would not be able to move into the catcher position because Widge would already be in the game as a DH.

That's correct. Who's the emergency catcher, Pablo or Dye?

zach23
08-10-2005, 11:21 AM

He can go and catch, but then you lose the DH and the pitcher must bat.

itsnotrequired

ding ding ding!

BeviBall!

Ah, yes! Forgot about that little twist.

Chez

He could catch; the Sox would lose their DH (i.e. pitcher would bat).

Paulwny
08-10-2005, 11:24 AM
It is risky to use your backup catcher as DH b/c then you are screwed with no catcher if something happens to AJ and he has to leave the game...

I'm pretty sure Widger could catch, but the sox would lose the DH position and the pitcher would have to bat.

sox7235
08-10-2005, 11:25 AM
He could catch; the Sox would lose their DH (i.e. pitcher would bat).

I'm confused. Why couldn't Widger just move into catch while a bench player would take AJ's spot in the line-up as the DH?

itsnotrequired
08-10-2005, 11:27 AM
I'm confused. Why couldn't Widger just move into catch while a bench player would take AJ's spot in the line-up as the DH?

Nope. The rules state that if you replace a position player with a player that is DHing, your team loses the DH for the rest of the game and the pitcher now has to bat.

From the official rules:

Any League may elect to use the Designated Hitter Rule. (a) In the event of inter league competition between clubs of Leagues using the Designated Hitter Rule and clubs of Leagues not using the Designated Hitter Rule, the rule will be used as follows: 1. In World Series or exhibition games, the rule will be used or not used as is the practice of the home team. 2. In All Star games, the rule will only be used if both teams and both Leagues so agree. (b) The Rule provides as follows: A hitter may be designated to bat for the starting pitcher and all subsequent pitchers in any game without otherwise affecting the status of the pitcher(s) in the game. A Designated Hitter for the pitcher must be selected prior to the game and must be included in the lineup cards presented to the Umpire in Chief. The designated hitter named in the starting lineup must come to bat at least one time, unless the opposing club changes pitchers. It is not mandatory that a club designate a hitter for the pitcher, but failure to do so prior to the game precludes the use of a Designated Hitter for that game. Pinch hitters for a Designated Hitter may be used. Any substitute hitter for a Designated Hitter becomes the Designated Hitter. A replaced Designated Hitter shall not re enter the game in any capacity. The Designated Hitter may be used defensively, continuing to bat in the same position in the batting order, but the pitcher must then bat in the place of the substituted defensive player, unless more than one substitution is made, and the manager then must designate their spots in the batting order. A runner may be substituted for the Designated Hitter and the runner assumes the role of Designated Hitter. A Designated Hitter may not pinch run. A Designated Hitter is "locked" into the batting order. No multiple substitutions may be made that will alter the batting rotation of the Designated Hitter. Once the game pitcher is switched from the mound to a defensive position this move shall terminate the Designated Hitter role for the remainder of the game. Once a pinch hitter bats for any player in the batting order and then enters the game to pitch, this move shall terminate the Designated Hitter role for the remainder of the game. Once the game pitcher bats for the Designated Hitter this move shall terminate the Designated Hitter role for the remainder of the game. (The game pitcher may only pinch hit for the Designated Hitter). Once a Designated Hitter assumes a defensive position this move shall terminate the Designated Hitter role for the remainder of the game. A substitute for the Designated Hitter need not be announced until it is the Designated Hitter's turn to bat.

zach23
08-10-2005, 11:27 AM

Ask MLB, they made the rule. The rule has always been that if you put your DH in the field you lose the right to have a DH and your pitcher has to bat.

jackbrohamer
08-10-2005, 11:29 AM
Widger almost always plays the day game the day after AJ plays the night game.

Most teams routinely put in a backup the day after a night game as well.

itsnotrequired
08-10-2005, 11:30 AM
Most teams routinely put in a backup the day after a night game as well.

Even the Cubs?

BeviBall!
08-10-2005, 11:43 AM
Yanks are throwing Bernie and Flahrety out there as well.

Tekijawa
08-10-2005, 11:45 AM
We have a Day off tomorrow too, right? why give the starters 2 days of in a row?

BeviBall!
08-10-2005, 11:47 AM
We have a Day off tomorrow too, right? why give the starters 2 days of in a row?

Yeah! It might mess up the offensive momentum we've had for the last 2 weeks!

Seriously though, I agree with you. Reward Gooch for last night's game by playing him again.

Flight #24
08-10-2005, 12:00 PM
Anyone catch the Levine bit on the pregame? I just caught the tail end with him saying something like "Griffey said that if KW & O'Brien came to him with a deal, he might waive his 10-5 rights". Like I said, I just caught the tail end of it and obviously it would still require him to clear waivers. But it's a step in the right direction if he's open to a deal.

CHIsoxNation
08-10-2005, 12:08 PM
Anyone catch the Levine bit on the pregame? I just caught the tail end with him saying something like "Griffey said that if KW & O'Brien came to him with a deal, he might waive his 10-5 rights". Like I said, I just caught the tail end of it and obviously it would still require him to clear waivers. But it's a step in the right direction if he's open to a deal.

Oh man, I can't take anymore teasing. I was getting so pumped the last time we talked about Griffey coming to the southside.

Baby Fisk
08-10-2005, 12:08 PM
Meanwhile, somewhere in San Diego...

:jerry
*evil laughter*

"Just move Dye into the leadoff spot and the tinker would be complete."

*more laughter*

my5thbench
08-10-2005, 03:29 PM
today's lineup WAS just good enough to WIN!

what a series, that was 3 days of good ol' country hardball

zach23
08-10-2005, 03:38 PM
Everyone should stop worrying about daily lineups and such. This team has done what it has done all year and keeps winning. The rest of the regular season is almost becoming a moot point. They just need to keep going as they are, keep guys fresh and healthy, and go all out to win in October when it really matters.

Mercy!
08-10-2005, 04:21 PM
Seriously though, I agree with you. Reward Gooch for last night's game by playing him again.

:iguchi:
"First Ozzie questions my manhood, then he sits me.
I thought I was his MVP."

http://www.recordonline.com/archive/2005/08/09/bucmlb09.htm

Unregistered
08-10-2005, 04:27 PM
:iguchi:
"First Ozzie questions my manhood, then he sits me.
I thought I was his MVP."

http://www.recordonline.com/archive/2005/08/09/bucmlb09.htm

BFD. So basically:

:ozzie
"I don't think about [saying someone is gay] like that because where I come from, we're all human beings."
http://www.recordonline.com/graphics/columnists/buscemasmall.jpg
"Booo!"

Mercy!
08-10-2005, 04:36 PM
BFD. So basically:

:ozzie
"I don't think about [saying someone is gay] like that because where I come from, we're all human beings."
http://www.recordonline.com/graphics/columnists/buscemasmall.jpg
"Booo!"

?:noevil:?