PDA

View Full Version : Amazing catch by David Wright

ChiWhiteSox1337
08-10-2005, 12:38 AM
Just go to MLB.com and there should be a link to it on the lower left hand side. Barehanded sliding catch! Wow!! :o:

Joosh
08-10-2005, 10:51 AM
That was just ridiculous. Crazy.:cool:

That should be Catch of the Year. No doubt.

DVsoxfan
08-10-2005, 11:25 AM
Skip Bayless said that it was a horrible play...saying wright took the wrong angle etc etc...he went on a whole rant about how it was one of the worst plays of the yr. Woody Paige knocked some sense into him and agreed that it was an incredible catch. For once I have to agree with woody

Madvora
08-10-2005, 12:02 PM
This crap never works for me. What the hell could be the problem?

JUribe1989
08-10-2005, 12:13 PM
Yeah, about that. Skip Bayless is an idiot and a sellout writer who was never even a good writer. That is the catch of the year. Best catch in the last 10 years IMO.

TimoPerez
08-10-2005, 03:46 PM
David Wright is the man. Ths catch is right up there with his catch against the Mariners earlier this year.

doublem23
08-10-2005, 07:13 PM
Skip Bayless said that it was a horrible play...saying wright took the wrong angle etc etc...he went on a whole rant about how it was one of the worst plays of the yr. Woody Paige knocked some sense into him and agreed that it was an incredible catch. For once I have to agree with woody

Skip Bayless is a ****ing idiot. While I will agree that Wright may have not taken the best angle to that ball, the fact that he caught it was still amazing. Skip probably would defend the Royals' 9th inning collapse as a case of sheer bad luck; Ambres and Berroa took good routes, the wind obviously mucked up their potential catches. :rolleyes:

:clueless
I'm a ****ing clown who's never played an inning of baseball in my life.

Bisco Stu
08-10-2005, 09:46 PM
He's the best 3B in MLB. MVP in 06

TimoandAaron
08-11-2005, 12:24 AM
He's the best 3B in MLB. MVP in 06Joe Randa and Eric Chavez are really good 3rd baesemen. They would have made great additions to the sox.

Joosh
08-11-2005, 12:27 AM
Joe Randa and Eric Chavez are really good 3rd baesemen. They would have made great additions to the sox.

What about "Joltin" Joe Crede?

Chips
08-11-2005, 12:36 AM

I guess thats why they call him Skip Clueless, what a moron. Great catch.

ode to veeck
08-11-2005, 07:28 AM
Reminded me slightly of that famous catch a decade or so ago by the Giants Kevin Mitchell, who running a fly ball down deep into the left field corner reached up, backwards, and across his back with his non glove hand and barehand the ball in one quick contorted motion while his body was completely facing the other way and moving at a pretty good clip.

Skip Clueless would have said that this too was caused by the fielder initially misreading the ball and being out of position. Why can't the media wise up to the Moron like they did to Clueless, so he too can start bouncing downward from job to job and city to city ont he way down the tubes ...

Stroker Ace
08-11-2005, 07:22 PM
That's David Wright for ya. He made a great catch in the stands earlier in the year.

Jjav829
08-11-2005, 08:05 PM
Joe Randa and Eric Chavez are really good 3rd baesemen. They would have made great additions to the sox.

Why is the part in bold in teal?

And FWIW, Clueless does have a point. If Wright played that right, he could have made an over the shoulder basket catch. Nice recovery nonetheless.