PDA

View Full Version : One Yankees fan's reaction to tonight's loss...sound familiar?

cheeses_h_rice
08-09-2005, 11:27 PM
From nyyfans.com (http://forums.nyyfans.com/showthread.php?t=87463):

That was the most frustrating loss of the season in my opinion. Mainly because it shows how terrible Torre is, the biggest idiot in the world, I don't know any fans here who wouldn't be able to manage the Yankees better than him. Being a pitching coach or a batting coach, that'd be tough. Being a manager is easy. REALLY EASY. All you have to do is decide what the lineup is, who goes in when, and I can do this myself easily, I know all the numbers, all the matchups, and whenever I say this is a bad decision by Torre, sure enough, we pay for it. Every. Time. My friend has only watched baseball a year, he knows better than Torre. We have the worst manager in the entire MLB.

Then there's the fact that our offense just sucked tonight. I don't care how "great" Contreras pitched. We do NOT PAY $15 million a year OR MORE to these players for them to come up empty. Our batting is good enough and SHOULD be good enough EVERY GAME to make opposing pitching look like crap. We should be tearing guys like Contreras up. He gives up homers like candy on Halloween and we couldn't even get to him? Come on. This was pathetic.

Sounds a lot like WSI after some of our tougher losses.

FarWestChicago
08-09-2005, 11:29 PM
Sounds a lot like WSI after some of our tougher losses.:?: That sounds like a lot of WSI after a Sox victory.

PaleHoseGeorge
08-09-2005, 11:34 PM
:?: That sounds like a lot of WSI after a Sox victory.

Did you notice how all our runs came on dingers?
:wink:

:darkclouds:

BeviBall!
08-09-2005, 11:35 PM
This is my favorite quote:

"Thank you A-Rod, for helping the Yankees escape with some dignity." :?:

Stroker Ace
08-09-2005, 11:59 PM
We have the worst manager in the entire MLB.
Keep in mind that Dusty Baker still has a job.:D:

Nellie_Fox
08-10-2005, 01:40 AM
What just amazes me is how many absolute geniuses there are out there, who always get it right beforehand I know all the numbers, all the matchups, and whenever I say this is a bad decision by Torre, sure enough, we pay for it. Every. Time. My friend has only watched baseball a year, he knows better than Torre are never, ever wrong, yet, somehow, they remain without a highly-paid job in organized baseball. What's up with that?

FarWestChicago
08-10-2005, 01:47 AM
What just amazes me is how many absolute geniuses there are out there, who always get it right beforehand are never, ever wrong, yet, somehow, they remain without a highly-paid job in organized baseball. What's up with that?This is a very good question, Nellie. Perhaps some of the geniuses here could explain this for us. :D:

Soxzilla
08-10-2005, 01:56 AM
What did Torre do, that was so bad tonite? Leave in Embree?:?:

doublem23
08-10-2005, 02:10 AM

He didn't tell his team to score enough runs.

C-Dawg
08-10-2005, 06:11 AM
I know all the numbers, all the matchups, and whenever I say this is a bad decision by Torre, sure enough, we pay for it. Every. Time. My friend has only watched baseball a year, he knows better than Torre

Only been a fan for a year? Sounds like a Cub fan!

DumpJerry
08-10-2005, 08:36 AM
Sounds a lot like WSI after some of our tougher losses.
I was thinking it sounds like a Flubbie fan after they are not given the World Series trophy after winning a game in May.........

Letmehearya
08-10-2005, 08:49 AM
I feel for the long suffering New York Yankee fans.

Hangar18
08-10-2005, 09:12 AM
My biggest complaint ........was we had Chacon on the ropes numerous times,
he was a 2 pitch pitcher the last few innings .......we shouldve run him out of the game ........ but our non-hitters couldnt do anything. We were very lucky
to have escaped with that win, Chacon was garbage last nite

voodoochile
08-10-2005, 09:18 AM
Torre is the worst manager in baseball? Hasn't he led that team to 4 WS titles and the playoffs every year since 1996?

I mean, yeah, they have a ton of talent, but it still takes a steady hand on the helm to keep things focused.

This guy's the dumbest freaking genius in the history of the world...:tongue::rolleyes:

fquaye149
08-10-2005, 09:36 AM
he was a 2 pitch pitcher the last few innings .......we shouldve run him out of the game ........ but our non-hitters couldnt do anything. We were very lucky
to have escaped with that win, Chacon was garbage last nite:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Letmehearya
08-10-2005, 09:54 AM
Does anybody here truly believe that if we're down 3-1/4-1 to the Angels in the 7th or 8th inning in the playoffs that we have the offense to make something happen? Our pitchers literally have to pitch flawlessly in order for us to win. As much as I like KW, he dropped the ball. Crede has been worthless and the Big Hurt's return too risky to not have a back-up plan. Yes, put me down on the list of those who would take Jeremy Burnitz for a Corwin Malone-type prospect. We need offensive help.

voodoochile
08-10-2005, 09:59 AM
Does anybody here truly believe that if we're down 3-1/4-1 to the Angels in the 7th or 8th inning in the playoffs that we have the offense to make something happen? Our pitchers literally have to pitch flawlessly in order for us to win. As much as I like KW, he dropped the ball. Crede has been worthless and the Big Hurt's return too risky to not have a back-up plan. Yes, put me down on the list of those who would take Jeremy Burnitz for a Corwin Malone-type prospect. We need offensive help.

Oh great, one more dark cloud for the website.

THEY DO HAVE A BACKUP PLAN! HIS NAME IS CARL EVERETT! HE'S DUE BACK BY THIS WEEKEND!

Are you really this obtuse or just playing dumb? I've posted this exact reply to all three or more of your posts pointing out the same exact thing and yet you persist. Why are you ignoring CC in your equation?

The Crede bashing gets old. He bats 8th. Give it a rest people...

Iwritecode
08-10-2005, 10:03 AM
Does anybody here truly believe that if we're down 3-1/4-1 to the Angels in the 7th or 8th inning in the playoffs that we have the offense to make something happen?

Have you watched any of the games this year? There's a reason they have 73 wins...

As much as I like KW, he dropped the ball.

Gee, he only put together the team with the best record in baseball. He really sucks.

Don't try and tell me he wasn't out there trying to improve this team at the trading deadline either. It's not like any other teams remarkable improved either...

PaulDrake
08-10-2005, 10:34 AM
Like I've said before, I was one of KW's biggest critics. There is no way this team would be remotely close to where it is now if KW hadn't been so diligent and productive in the off season. Regardless of what happens here on out KW deserves a ton of praise. He's come a long way. I'm sure if a deal was there before the recent trading deadline, KW would have made it. It wasn't so he didn't.

infohawk
08-10-2005, 10:34 AM

He only let A-Rod bat once in the ninth inning.

Paulwny
08-10-2005, 11:15 AM
King George may have been the originator of the post. From Newsday:

"I'm very displeased with my manager tonight," a clearly displeased George Steinbrenner said as his security detail whisked him into the sanctuary of his chauffeured car about an hour after the final out of the Yankees' 2-1 loss. "He never should have left that lefthander in there."

harwar
08-10-2005, 11:21 AM
From AP ..

"Thats the only exciting thing that happened today',yankees owner George Steinbrenner said.
He was talking about the drunk kid that fell out of the upper deck.
Also ..

"I'm not pleased with the manager', Steinbrenner said, "I don't know why they kept the lefthander in there, .. he should never have pitched to Konerko .. Konerko's theor best hitter.".
whoops .. sorry bout the repeat.

CHISOXFAN13
08-10-2005, 11:28 AM
to have escaped with that win, Chacon was garbage last nite

Since when is Iguchi a non-hitter?

fquaye149
08-10-2005, 11:39 AM
"I'm very displeased with my manager tonight," a clearly displeased George Steinbrenner said

jeez - they really know how to write out there....

where did he go to journalism school? northwestern?:D::D:

FoulkeFan
08-10-2005, 11:52 AM

This cracked me up! Last night, I'm watching the game and cursing up a storm as the Sox leave runners on base in the late innings. I'm screaming - "We can't get a hit off Shawn %&^$ Chacon or Tanyon %$^ Sturtze!"

And then my friend says to me: "The Yankees are the ones who stink. They can't get a run off of Jose ^&%$ Contreras!"

That's when I knew I was officially a Dark Cloud.:smile:

Letmehearya
08-10-2005, 11:56 AM
KW's terrific. I liked what he tried to do the past 3 years - WIN NOW! Most of the folks here bitched and moaned about the loss of Hall of Famers Josh Fogg and Kip Wells. Selective memory I guess. KW is the first to say we haven't won the WS since 1917. While I appreciate that he busted his tail to get something done at the trade deadline, opportunities like this year don't come along too often. I hope we win each playoff and WS game 2-1 and 1-0.

FarWestChicago
08-10-2005, 08:24 PM
This cracked me up! Last night, I'm watching the game and cursing up a storm as the Sox leave runners on base in the late innings. I'm screaming - "We can't get a hit off Shawn %&^$ Chacon or Tanyon %$^ Sturtze!"

And then my friend says to me: "The Yankees are the ones who stink. They can't get a run off of Jose ^&%$ Contreras!"

That's when I knew I was officially a Dark Cloud.:smile::rolling: