Looks like Cleveland's going down, too. :cool:

Jinx

:angry:

6 runs in the top of the 9th!

PeteWard
08-09-2005, 11:04 PM
Great game! Jose was a monster!

McDougal just blew a 5-run lead.

It makes me sick that Bell would not lift him. I know the KC season is shot but play each game to win. Look at his line. 5 doubles in 2/3 of an inning

Not that I'm worried about Cleveland :cool: but our magic number could be one lower if not for Bell throwing in the towel .

BeviBall!
08-09-2005, 11:06 PM
It makes me sick that Bell would not lift him. I know the KC season is shot but play each game to win. Look at his line. 5 doubles in 2/3 of an inning

They've also committed 3 errors this inning. Two on routine pop-ups. 10-7 Tribe.

Not worried either... just want to get it done and over with.

illini81887
08-09-2005, 11:06 PM
Have 7-2 lead then let in 8runs in top of 9th

dpbyron
08-09-2005, 11:09 PM
Have 7-2 lead then let in 8runs in top of 9th

I just watched some of that crap on MLB TV. The Royals looked like a t-ball team dropping popups, kicking balls all over the place etc.

WHERE WAS THIS A COUPLE WEEKS AGO:angry: :angry:

illini81887
08-09-2005, 11:13 PM
13-7 right now just pathetic

BeviBall!
08-09-2005, 11:13 PM
Sorry for the hijack... but, Tribe's 9th: 11 runs thanks to 3 errors that would have ended the game at 7-5. Thanks for nothing, KC.

SOX ADDICT '73
08-09-2005, 11:14 PM
That ninth inning might possibly be the worst by any team, pitchers and fielders collectively, this entire year. Even when the Yankees put up 13 on the D-Rays on 6/21, there were no Tampa errors that inning. The Royals had three costly ones.

BeviBall!
08-09-2005, 11:15 PM
Don't expect any help from that piece of crap team. 11 runs?!?! 3 errors on pop-ups?!?!?!

Cat Thief
08-09-2005, 11:16 PM
Wow makes it look like I was ruining the party.....

BeviBall!
08-09-2005, 11:17 PM
Wow makes it look like I was ruining the party.....

They're strict here, I guess.

Cat Thief
08-09-2005, 11:24 PM
I guess so.

DarkCloudDropo
08-09-2005, 11:27 PM
All I can say is, if we lose the lead to Cleveland, we deserve it.

I can't imagine why anyone would get angry at KC because of tonight's game.

Tragg
08-09-2005, 11:28 PM
That ninth inning might possibly be the worst by any team, pitchers and fielders collectively, this entire year. .
Maybe in the last decade or in baseball history.
And it's even worse happening up 5 in the 9th inning.

I just saw that play in the 9th - lf just dropped that fly ball that would have ended the game.

SOX ADDICT '73
08-09-2005, 11:38 PM

Not that I'm worried about Cleveland :cool: but our magic number could be one lower if not for Bell throwing in the towel .
What's the over/under on how soon we have a thread about Buddy Bell's conspiracy to screw over the White Sox?

PeteWard
08-09-2005, 11:41 PM
What's the over/under on how soon we have a thread about Buddy Bell's conspiracy to screw over the White Sox?

No,no,no I am not suggesting that at all. Just can't believe he left that guy in so long. Also, not worried about anyone catching the Sox, just want that clincer to happen ASAP.

infohawk
08-09-2005, 11:50 PM
I went over to the KC message board. Those guys are in a severe state of depression. I feel kind of bad for them. Their frustration goes beyond how the Royals are playing this year. They don't believe the Royals organization has any young players that will eventually come up and make the team competitive. In short, they don't believe things will get a whole lot better in the future. I know that they are just being emotional after a particularly tough loss, but one or two posters suggested that the Royals should be contracted. They seem sick of the embarrassment. It's really, really sad.

elrod
08-10-2005, 01:02 AM
The Royals gave up 11 runs in the top of the 9th inning to the Indians, including 3 errors. Chip Ambres dropped a routine fly ball, Brant Brown style, that would have ended the game. The game may go down as the worst in Royals history.

JUribe1989
08-10-2005, 01:06 AM
This years Royals are the worst team in the history of professional sports. I truly believe this. I don't care what the record is. The way this team plays is embarassing. Buddy Bell also should have yanked Mcdougal if he cared.

SOX ADDICT '73
08-10-2005, 01:10 AM
No,no,no I am not suggesting that at all. Just can't believe he left that guy in so long. Also, not worried about anyone catching the Sox, just want that clincer to happen ASAP.
Don't worry, I wasn't implicating you. But you just know somebody is adjusting his tinfoil hat right now and thinking about it.:redneck

elrod
08-10-2005, 01:16 AM
So how the hell did we drop two of three to those bums in KC? That was the last win for them, by the way.

IowaSox1971
08-10-2005, 03:38 AM
What a ridiculous game. I realize that teams are going to blow late five-run leads every now and then (heck we were up 5-0 in the sixth inning against Kansas City and ended up losing), but the way the Royals lost this one makes me wonder whether they were really trying to win. The dropped fly ball that should have ended the game when it was 7-6 looked suspicious.

TDog
08-10-2005, 12:07 PM
I believe 11 runs ties a record for ninth-inning runs, unless it has been exceeded since the White Sox scored 11 runs in a ninth inning in Fenway Park on Aug. 19, 1970. The White Sox had a couple of memorable games that year, although they lost 106 that year, a mark this year's Royals may be able to avoid. Might have been 107 for the 1970 Sox, considering they went into that ninth inning losing 5-2 on the road. Coming into the inning, the Sox had only four hits, including a first-inning Bill Melton solo home run, before the right-fielder led off with a single. Looie Aparicio came through with a pinch-hit double and got a second pinch-hit later in the inning, which tied a record that will probably never be broken. Wilbur Wood, who got the win in relief, even got a hit before making the last out. Nine days later, in another game started by pre-surgery Tommy John, the Red Sox, behind Gary Peters, came to Chicago, took a 5-2 lead into the bottom of the ninth but only managed a two-run homer from Melton to make it close.

They play baseball every day all summer long. Weird things happen once in a while.

itsnotrequired
08-10-2005, 12:43 PM
I checked the score right before I went to bed last night. 7-2, Royals, top of the 9th. The Sox had just won so I went to bed expecting the magic number to be down to 37 when I got up in the morning...I damn near fell out of my seat when I saw the score.

Chisox353014
08-11-2005, 10:11 PM
Royals are at it again tonight. This time they were leading 2-0 going into the 7th...4 batters later it's Cleveland 4-2. Grand slam by Jeff Liefer. Yes, that Jeff Liefer. Ugh.

CHISOXFAN13
08-11-2005, 10:13 PM
Royals are at it again tonight. This time they were leading 2-0 going into the 7th...4 batters later it's Cleveland 4-2. Grand slam by Jeff Liefer. Yes, that Jeff Liefer. Ugh.

And the bases were loaded when a Cleveland base runner reached on a fielder's choice.

ARGHHHH

cheeses_h_rice
08-11-2005, 10:19 PM

Well, the Sox played the Yankees while the Jndjans played the Royals. Net result = they gain 1 game, but 3 more games come off the schedule.

The teams that should be worried are anyone in the AL not named the White Sox.

SOX ADDICT '73
08-11-2005, 11:34 PM
Well, the Sox played the Yankees while the Jndjans played the Royals. Net result = they gain 1 game, but 3 more games come off the schedule.

The teams that should be worried are anyone in the AL not named the White Sox.
With a 12-game lead, it's obvious to anyone familiar with this Sox team (and possesed of a rudimentary knowledge of math) that we have nothing to worry about. However, I can certainly see why the Dark Clouds have been pulling their hair out over Cleveland's cream puff schedule the rest of the way. 33 of their final 53 against the likes of KC, Tampa, Detroit, and Baltimore? And you might as well throw their 6 games with Minnesota in that mix too - they're done.

Chips
08-12-2005, 12:29 AM
This years Royals are the worst team in the history of professional sports. I truly believe this. I don't care what the record is. The way this team plays is embarassing. Buddy Bell also should have yanked Mcdougal if he cared.

How about the 2002 or 2003 Kittens. They were pathetic.