PDA

View Full Version : Red Sox 2004 World Series DVD Collector's Set

Brian26
08-09-2005, 11:02 PM
Ok- I need some help here in making a choice. I'm not a Red Sox fan by any means, but I recently won this 2004 World Series DVD Set on the radio. My initial thought was that I might just sell it on Ebay. Well, it arrived today in the mail. Upon opening it, I realize how cool this set really is. It has, in their entirety, all seven ALCS games and all four World Series games. Is it cool to keep this as a White Sox fan? It looks like an incredible set.

illini81887
08-09-2005, 11:12 PM
Yea its baseball history

Gavin
08-09-2005, 11:36 PM
Sell it and use it to buy some pennants in a couple of months...

Brian26
08-09-2005, 11:39 PM
I'm not concerned with making money off of it. I just want to make sure it's not bad karma to own this now. Tonight was the first night I had it, and it was sitting here on the desk for the big Sox win, so I'll probably keep it. Maybe I'll wait to watch it, though, until after the White Sox World Series this October.

Chips
08-09-2005, 11:40 PM
I'd sell it or it burn. I hate the Red Flubs. But I like money and I don't have enough of it, so I'd put it on e-bay or something.

Fenway
08-10-2005, 02:43 PM
Yesterday I pulled out the Game 3 ALCS DVD and went to the 9th inning chapter.

Down 3-0 after losing 19-8 the team was DEAD.

McCarver even said they were. :smile:

skobabe8
08-10-2005, 04:33 PM
Ok- I need some help here in making a choice. I'm not a Red Sox fan by any means, but I recently won this 2004 World Series DVD Set on the radio. My initial thought was that I might just sell it on Ebay. Well, it arrived today in the mail. Upon opening it, I realize how cool this set really is. It has, in their entirety, all seven ALCS games and all four World Series games. Is it cool to keep this as a White Sox fan? It looks like an incredible set.

Re-shrink and proceed to sell. LOTS of dumb red sox fans out there willing to pay any price.

eriqjaffe
08-10-2005, 04:45 PM
And you can use the money you get selling it to buy the 2005 White Sox World Series DVD Set next year!

Maybe that doesn't need to be in pink...

ClaudelSleptHere
08-10-2005, 04:54 PM
Yesterday I pulled out the Game 3 ALCS DVD and went to the 9th inning chapter.

Down 3-0 after losing 19-8 the team was DEAD.

McCarver even said they were. :smile:

well, if McCarver said it................

SoxFan78
08-11-2005, 10:09 AM
I would keep it. It is a part of MLB history. Sox fans, just imagine if we won the world series last year, we would be falling over ourselves to get this DVD set. Its pretty cool, every game from the ALCS and World Series on DVD, not bad at all.

I know some Red Sawx fans are annoying, but don't hate, congrulate.

Chicago83
08-11-2005, 01:03 PM
As long as you got it for free keep it. Although I dislike the Red Sox you got to admit that was a good series against the Yankees. Those are some good games to watch if you ever get bored.

RSN33
08-12-2005, 11:16 PM
Anyone who calls themselves a baseball fan (even in general) would love this set.

I have it, (obviously) but even various friends and family who despise both teams enjoyed watching last year, purely for the dramatic factor.

Keep it, and even if you only break it out when you're bored - it's worth it!

DieTrying79
08-15-2005, 09:14 PM
Watching the Red Sox and their fans celebrate that accomplishment just fuels the fire for Our Sox this year!

It was free, and like alot of you said, any real baseball fan would appreciate that set. Don't think twice about it.

1951Campbell
08-15-2005, 09:29 PM

Keep it. It's history. Pissing away a 3-0 lead? That's unreal.

Brian26
08-15-2005, 09:34 PM
I'm going to keep it!

Thanks for the input guys!

daveeym
08-16-2005, 10:19 AM
I'm going to keep it!

Thanks for the input guys! Was it from Tom Schaer's show? And if so what question did you answer? I may have heard ya that day.

LongLiveFisk
08-16-2005, 10:49 AM
I'm going to keep it!

Thanks for the input guys!

Well, I would say keep it this year--their good luck might rub off on us. If we don't win the WS, sell it on ebay. :D:

Brian26
08-16-2005, 09:08 PM
Was it from Tom Schaer's show? And if so what question did you answer? I may have heard ya that day.

Yep- all of the questions were super easy. He asked me who hit the opening day homer in Boston in 1981 :D:

chisox83
08-16-2005, 10:06 PM
This is a way cool set. I'm thinking about picking it up and I'm not a Red Sox fan by any means. Man, how cool would it be to have a White Sox version. I doubt even if we win it all, that would come to fruition however. I can see MLB releasing this for the Cubs, Red Sox, and Yanks....that's about it. Hope I'm wrong though.

Brian26
08-16-2005, 10:28 PM
This is a way cool set. I'm thinking about picking it up and I'm not a Red Sox fan by any means. Man, how cool would it be to have a White Sox version. I doubt even if we win it all, that would come to fruition however. I can see MLB releasing this for the Cubs, Red Sox, and Yanks....that's about it. Hope I'm wrong though.

I actually think MLB should go back and put together a set like this for 2003 immediately. How cool would it be to have the Marlins Championship run on DVD?

SOXSINCE'70
08-21-2005, 10:09 AM
And you can use the money you get selling it to buy the 2005 White Sox World Series DVD Set next year!

Maybe that doesn't need to be in pink...

If the "Right Sox" don't get their heads out of their asses soon,
you should write that comment in teal.:angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

Garland_IS_God
08-21-2005, 12:15 PM
it looks like an awesome set its just way to expensive. $179.00 on mlb.com, maybe i'll rent it from netflix

Rooney4Prez56
08-21-2005, 01:28 PM
Re-shrink and proceed to sell. LOTS of dumb red sox fans out there willing to pay any price.

True. But most Red Sox fans probably already have the set.