PDA

View Full Version : Everett still out of lineup tonight!

GiveMeSox
08-09-2005, 05:25 PM
I thought Ozzie said he was going to be in the lineup tonight. Maybe everett doens't feel good enough to play yet, like we all thought. Kind of troubling, more timo again.

Pods LF
Guchi 2B
AJ C
Konerko 1B
Timo Dh
Dye RF
Rowand CF
Crede 3b
Uribe SS

munchman33
08-09-2005, 05:25 PM
We're boned.

Jjav829
08-09-2005, 05:28 PM
I thought Ozzie said he was going to be in the lineup tonight. Maybe everett doens't feel good enough to play yet, like we all thought. Kind of troubling, more timo again.

Pods LF
Guchi 2B
AJ C
Konerko 1B
Timo Dh
Dye RF
Rowand CF
Crede 3b
Uribe SS

I don't care if he's a lefty, Timo shouldn't be batting ahead of Dye, Rowand or Crede. Ever. I know, I know, someone is going to post a pic of Ozzie saying, "I make de ****ing lineup." I'm just saying that I don't agree with this lineup at all. Then again, A.J. as a #3 hitter doesn't exactly thrill me either. Let's hope this work out.

Chisox003
08-09-2005, 05:31 PM
I hate to argue with the man whos lead our Sox to the best record in baseball, but this lineup is border line insane

We need Crazy Carl back.....Badly

maurice
08-09-2005, 05:34 PM
Rowand is batting .313 during an eight-game hitting streak. He's hitting .320 when he's in the #5 spot. Oh, and Timo is a POS.

If you want to bat a minor-leaguer 5, call up Ross Gload.

JB98
08-09-2005, 05:34 PM
I don't mind giving Everett an extra day or two to make sure he's healthy, and I don't even mind Perez being in the lineup. But why oh why does he have to bat fifth!!???? What did Rowand do wrong that he's batting seventh? Timo should be batting seventh or eighth.

BeviBall!
08-09-2005, 05:35 PM
Everett should be back tomorrow.

Timo did have 2 hits yesterday and it breaks up the bottom of the order.

GiveMeSox
08-09-2005, 05:46 PM
I don't mind giving Everett an extra day or two to make sure he's healthy, and I don't even mind Perez being in the lineup. But why oh why does he have to bat fifth!!???? What did Rowand do wrong that he's batting seventh? Timo should be batting seventh or eighth.

I understand why rowand is batting 7th with Everett out of the lineup. Oz wants protection for his two worst avg hitters by placing his best avg hitter there. The point is if aaron is on base two pretty solid fundamental players come up after him in Uribe and Pods that can play smartball and possibly lead to a run if Aaron get on (with his high avg).

GiveMeSox
08-09-2005, 05:49 PM

Timo did have 2 hits yesterday and it breaks up the bottom of the order.

With everett in the lineup we have a much better looking and deadlier lineup in their. With 3-7 going Everett, PK, Dye, Rownad, AJ all those players are power threats who need to be pitched special too. Reminds me of the yankees lineup with Jeter, Arod, Shef, Matsui, Giambi, Posada...all those also require a second thought and some special consideration. We match up a lot better with everett and veteran power presence.

Ol' No. 2
08-09-2005, 05:54 PM
I don't care about AJ hitting 3rd. He's been hot lately. Scoring runs requires stringing hits together, and putting your weakest hitter right smack in the middle of the lineup just kills your chances of doing so. I don't understand this love affair they have with Perez.

Revolutn
08-09-2005, 05:55 PM

Actually according to AM1000 on the ride home Crazy Carl is NOT expected to return to the lineup during the NYY series, but should be ready to go for Boston.

Let's hope it's not longer then that, and if by some chance he does enter the lineup tomorrow, all the better.

SouthSiiiiiide!

Rev

JB98
08-09-2005, 05:56 PM
With everett in the lineup we have a much better looking and deadlier lineup in their. With 3-7 going Everett, PK, Dye, Rownad, AJ all those players are power threats who need to be pitched special too. Reminds me of the yankees lineup with Jeter, Arod, Shef, Matsui, Giambi, Posada...all those also require a second thought and some special consideration. We match up a lot better with everett and veteran power presence.

Man, I don't know. I don't think our lineup matches up with New York even with Everett in there. It's the pitching and defense that make us a better team than the Yankees. That was the frustrating part of last night's game. We pitched well. We flashed the leather. It was our type of game, and we still lost. The Yankees are now 2-32 when they score three or fewer runs. If we hold them to three or less tonight, we'll win and I'll be elated. We CANNOT afford to get in a slugfest with this team.

GiveMeSox
08-09-2005, 07:53 PM
Man, I don't know. I don't think our lineup matches up with New York even with Everett in there. It's the pitching and defense that make us a better team than the Yankees. That was the frustrating part of last night's game. We pitched well. We flashed the leather. It was our type of game, and we still lost. The Yankees are now 2-32 when they score three or fewer runs. If we hold them to three or less tonight, we'll win and I'll be elated. We CANNOT afford to get in a slugfest with this team.

Its not the slugfest part of it that im interested in, its the psyche and mental aspect. With Everett in there they think they have to be careful, pitch around a little bit. Maybe that draws a walk. That can lead to manufacturing runs and better pitches to hit for the rest of lineup behind him. Etc etc.

JB98
08-10-2005, 12:40 AM
Its not the slugfest part of it that im interested in, its the psyche and mental aspect. With Everett in there they think they have to be careful, pitch around a little bit. Maybe that draws a walk. That can lead to manufacturing runs and better pitches to hit for the rest of lineup behind him. Etc etc.

Carl drawing walks? That doesn't happen too often. I don't think Carl changes a pitcher's mindset in that way. The only guy we have like that is Frank. I sure wish he was healthy.

maurice
08-10-2005, 12:17 PM
Ozzie confirmed yesterday that he plans to keep the roster the same until Sept. That means more ABs for Timo "AAAA" Perez and more of Jon "1 IP" Adkins chewing seeds in the pen in place of Gload.

:angry: