PDA

View Full Version : Messages To Frank

Lip Man 1
08-09-2005, 05:21 PM
After hearing the news that Frank's injury was serious enough to knock him out for the rest of the year, I took a few minutes writing him a letter and asking that the Sox please forward it to him.

In my letter to Frank I simply signed my name and provided no other contact infomation. As I explained to the Sox in the cover letter that I also enclosed, I didn't want anyone to think I was doing this simply to try to get an autograph or a picture... that I wanted nothing in return.

I got an interesting note back today from Scott Reifert who apparently wound up getting my letter. In it he states that the Sox themselves are collecting all the letters and messages from Sox fans and that very soon they will be sending them off to Frank. (I assume to his Las Veags home...) He said that mine would be included.

My point to this thread is that if you'd like to send a message to Frank whatever that may be, this is probably the best way to do it:

Message to Frank Thomas
c/o Scott Reifert
Chicago White Sox
333 W. 35th Street
Chicago, Il. 60616

Lip

voodoochile
08-09-2005, 07:39 PM
After hearing the news that Frank's injury was serious enough to knock him out for the rest of the year, I took a few minutes writing him a letter and asking that the Sox please forward it to him.

In my letter to Frank I simply signed my name and provided no other contact infomation. As I explained to the Sox in the cover letter that I also enclosed, I didn't want anyone to think I was doing this simply to try to get an autograph or a picture... that I wanted nothing in return.

I got an interesting note back today from Scott Reifert who apparently wound up getting my letter. In it he states that the Sox themselves are collecting all the letters and messages from Sox fans and that very soon they will be sending them off to Frank. (I assume to his Las Veags home...) He said that mine would be included.

My point to this thread is that if you'd like to send a message to Frank whatever that may be, this is probably the best way to do it:

Message to Frank Thomas
c/o Scott Reifert
Chicago White Sox
333 W. 35th Street
Chicago, Il. 60616

Lip

Here's Mine (http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/rwas/index.php?category=2&id=2935)

RedHeadPaleHoser
08-09-2005, 08:14 PM
Lip, I'll put pen to paper (or fingers to keyboard) tonight. Thanks for the info.

Voodoo...awesome work.

greasywheels121
08-10-2005, 01:51 AM
I just sent something to the ballpark last Wednesday c/o Frank.

hawkjt
08-10-2005, 06:11 PM
For all the joy this team is bringing I cannot escape some sadness that Frank is not there to join in on the celebratory season we are experiencing after working so hard to be back and being part of the heartbreak of past years. Good luck, big fella- we are thinking of you.