PDA

View Full Version : Kenny Rogers Reinstated... per ESPN

Tekijawa
08-09-2005, 04:11 PM
Arbitrator lifted suspension!

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=2129925

"I strongly disagree with arbitrator Das' decision today," Selig said in a statement. "It sends the wrong message to every one of our constituents: the fans, the media, and our players.

"There is a standard of behavior that is expected of our players, which was breached in this case. The arbitrator's decision diminishes that standard and is contrary to the terms of the collective bargaining agreement. In my opinion, the decision is seriously ill-conceived," he said.

Fenway
08-09-2005, 04:17 PM
for once I agree with Selig

unreal

Hope Ortiz or Manny hits a line drive right at him tomorrow night

Arbitrator lifted suspension!

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=2129925

"I strongly disagree with arbitrator Das' decision today," Selig said in a statement. "It sends the wrong message to every one of our constituents: the fans, the media, and our players.

"There is a standard of behavior that is expected of our players, which was breached in this case. The arbitrator's decision diminishes that standard and is contrary to the terms of the collective bargaining agreement. In my opinion, the decision is seriously ill-conceived," he said.

ChiWhiteSox1337
08-09-2005, 04:25 PM
At least one good thing is coming out of this, Kenny Rogers has to donate the fine money to charity.

balke
08-09-2005, 04:55 PM
:thud: only in baseball. This league is really getting on my nerves. Its so loose on rules, so dirty and seedy. They need to clean this game up now. What horrible timing, I hope the Supreme Court steps up and enables a real governing system for baseball. Steroid dealing, outlash at the fans, 10 game suspensions for steroid use. Absolutely pathetic.

Stroker Ace
08-09-2005, 05:03 PM
What a jackass. How could he be let back early? Selig has got to go and put someone in charge that can lock down the rulebook, and not let players wiggle their way out of their punishment.:angry:

downstairs
08-09-2005, 05:23 PM
:thud: only in baseball. This league is really getting on my nerves. Its so loose on rules, so dirty and seedy. They need to clean this game up now. What horrible timing, I hope the Supreme Court steps up and enables a real governing system for baseball. Steroid dealing, outlash at the fans, 10 game suspensions for steroid use. Absolutely pathetic.

Yes. Yes, yes, yes and yes.

I don't want the MLB to become the NBA. Sheeesh! This stuff is going to come back and bite the MLB in 2, 5, 10 years.

I mean... come on... after the Plamero/steroid issue? Wow.

We need a commish, maybe working in line with the government, to squash the players union and take control.

Steroids? Career over. Hit a camera man? Career over. Throw a chair? Career over.

I hate to bring this up, but its relevant. Take the MLB in 1919. A team is *acquitted* of gambling on baseball, and the commish STILL bans them for life.

Ol' No. 2
08-09-2005, 05:37 PM
What a jackass. How could he be let back early? Selig has got to go and put someone in charge that can lock down the rulebook, and not let players wiggle their way out of their punishment.:angry:Did you even read the article? Apparently not.

itsnotrequired
08-09-2005, 05:48 PM

[Supreme Court]"Don't look at us! We passed government involvment in baseball onto Congress years ago!"[/Supreme Court]

balke
08-09-2005, 05:57 PM
[Supreme Court]"Don't look at us! We passed government involvment in baseball onto Congress years ago!"[/Supreme Court]

oops, I guess I meant Congress. Whoever will get the job done.

Brian26
08-09-2005, 09:13 PM
Although I'm not a big fan of Selig, I abhor seeing the commish's authority completely undermined like that.

Rooney4Prez56
08-09-2005, 09:22 PM
I want Kenny Rogers to get shelled the rest of the season.

itsnotrequired
08-09-2005, 09:42 PM
oops, I guess I meant Congress. Whoever will get the job done.

That move was the ultimate Supreme Court cop-out. When the whole anti-trust lawsuits were coming up, the Supreme Court basically said "let Congress deal with it". Perhaps one of the dumbest rulings ever by the Cuurt (from a legal standpoint).

gobears1987
08-09-2005, 10:09 PM
:?:At least one good thing is coming out of this, Kenny Rogers has to donate the fine money to charity.
And to steal one from Buck Henry's days hosting SNL, a charity can include his favorite hooker.

RadioheadRocks
08-10-2005, 07:53 PM
5 earned runs in 5 innings... BOO-YAH!!! :D: