PDA

View Full Version : Kurt Busch sings 7th inning for Flubs - pokes fun at Gordon

The Dude
08-09-2005, 03:32 PM
I love Kurt as a driver, but not for his baseball allegiance. He wore a shirt that said I know the words or something like that to dig at Jeff Gordon.

Stroker Ace
08-09-2005, 03:39 PM
I love Kurt as a driver, but not for his baseball allegiance. He wore a shirt that said I know the words or something like that to dig at Jeff Gordon.He can wear that shirt all he wants. I'll wear my Jeff Gordon 4-time Winston Cup Champion shirt:D:

kittle42
08-09-2005, 03:46 PM
He can wear that shirt all he wants. I'll wear my Jeff Gordon 4-time Winston Cup Champion shirt:D:

To Wrigley Stadium?

itsnotrequired
08-09-2005, 03:52 PM
I believe the shirt said "Real Cub Fan: I know the words." A fun jab at Gordon.

cheeses_h_rice
08-09-2005, 03:55 PM
I believe the shirt said "Real Cub Fan: I know the words." A fun jab at Gordon.

"Take Me Out the Ballgame" is now exclusive to just the Cubs?

Since when?

:?:

TornLabrum
08-09-2005, 04:01 PM
"Take Me Out the Ballgame" is now exclusive to just the Cubs?

Since when?

:?:

Actually most fans Cubs fans don't know the words because Harry Caray didn't know them, and they sing the lyrics he sang. The actual lyrics are closer to what the Sox put on their matrix board with one exception. The correct lyrics are:

Take me out to the ball game.
Take me out with the crowd. (No, it's not "to the crowd." Harry got it wrong.)
Buy me some peanuts and Cracker Jack. (No, there is no s in Cracker Jacks)
I don't care if I never get back. (And it's not "ever" either. Harry got that wrong, too.)

Let me root, root, root for the home team. (Of course we insert White Sox.)
If they don't win, it's a shame.
For it's one, two, three strikes you're out
At the old ball game.

The Sox version only get's the "Let me" wrong. They show "So it's root, root, root...."

elrod
08-09-2005, 04:13 PM
In other news, the Cubs lost again today, falling 5 games below .500. Will they end up in last place? What a joke.

Tragg
08-09-2005, 04:35 PM
WGN cancelled the 10th inning show after today's embarassment, I do believe. I had the game on in the back ground, and right after there was some Sex in the City promo, but no interviews.

elrod
08-09-2005, 04:40 PM
Why are the Cubs so awful? Seriously. Their lineup has Walker at .297, Derrek Lee with his monster season, Ramirez at .301, Burnitz having a decent season. Neifi Perez was well over .300 for a long time. They've had Prior, Zambrano and Maddux for most of the season, and when they've started, Rusch, Mitre and Hill have been serviceable, at least. Their bullpen was a disaster early in the season but seemed to settle down with Dempster, Ohman and Wuertz. So why are they 5 games under .500? I'm certainly not complaining as I hate the Cubs. I just don't understand how that team could fall so far. Twins-Cubs World Series? Remember that crap?

SOXPHILE
08-09-2005, 04:52 PM
Slow day at work today; So for the 2nd day in a row, sadistic curiosity got the best of me, and I flipped on Radio For The Criminally Stupid to hopefully listen to another trainwreck. I tuned in just after Griffey hit his homer to tie the game 2-2. By the end of the game, Santo sounded like he was ready to put a gun in his mouth. One of the funniest moments was when he was reading another fax from some 11 year kid, and right in the middle of it, someone on the Reds- (Austin Kearns or Jason LaRue, I think, but I don't remember, I was laughing to much)- hit a homerun, and right mid-sentence, Pat Hughes cuts him off to announce what just happened. Silence. Then a barely audible "ah jeez" from Santo. A moment later, an extremely subdued and depressed Santo finishes reading the fax. Heh heh heh....

slavko
08-09-2005, 05:06 PM
Why are the Cubs so awful? Seriously. Their lineup has Walker at .297, Derrek Lee with his monster season, Ramirez at .301, Burnitz having a decent season. Neifi Perez was well over .300 for a long time. They've had Prior, Zambrano and Maddux for most of the season, and when they've started, Rusch, Mitre and Hill have been serviceable, at least. Their bullpen was a disaster early in the season but seemed to settle down with Dempster, Ohman and Wuertz. So why are they 5 games under .500? I'm certainly not complaining as I hate the Cubs. I just don't understand how that team could fall so far. Twins-Cubs World Series? Remember that crap?

No: bullpen, closer, leadoff man, team speed, fielding. That's a lot of things not to have.

downstairs
08-09-2005, 05:16 PM

Their team is based on needing awesome starting pitching. Prior, when he's good, is absolutely lights-out. You mention Zambrano and Maddux. They're not good pitchers. They're just not. Maddux was. The Trib wants you to think they both still are. They're just not.

So its basically down to needing Lee to put up triple crown numbers every single night for them to hope to win. He slumps, they slump.

Ol' No. 2
08-09-2005, 05:50 PM
Slow day at work today; So for the 2nd day in a row, sadistic curiosity got the best of me, and I flipped on Radio For The Criminally Stupid to hopefully listen to another trainwreck. I tuned in just after Griffey hit his homer to tie the game 2-2. By the end of the game, Santo sounded like he was ready to put a gun in his mouth. One of the funniest moments was when he was reading another fax from some 11 year kid, and right in the middle of it, someone on the Reds- (Austin Kearns or Jason LaRue, I think, but I don't remember, I was laughing to much)- hit a homerun, and right mid-sentence, Pat Hughes cuts him off to announce what just happened. Silence. Then a barely audible "ah jeez" from Santo. A moment later, an extremely subdued and depressed Santo finishes reading the fax. Heh heh heh....They're not awful. They're just not good, either. Look at the team stats and you'll find them right in the middle of the NL in most categories. Right where you'd expect a .500 team to be.

BigEdWalsh
08-09-2005, 06:07 PM
Add to what the previous few posts mentioned the fact that they're cursed. There's no way for them to win. They're DOOMED.

:)

TDog
08-10-2005, 01:34 AM
Actually most fans Cubs fans don't know the words because Harry Caray didn't know them, and they sing the lyrics he sang. The actual lyrics are closer to what the Sox put on their matrix board with one exception. The correct lyrics are:...

The Sox version only get's the "Let me" wrong. They show "So it's root, root, root...."

And, of course, that's only the chorus. Harry Caray probably had no idea how either of the two verses went.

Having never heard of Gordon or Busch, except in the context of butchering a son that was written the year the Cubs last won the World Series, I find this whole thing very trivial. Sit in the upper deck at a Sox game if you want my respect.

Hitmen77
08-10-2005, 08:22 AM

Uh, could it possibly be that all these Cub players are TOTALLY OVERRATED BECAUSE THEY ARE ON THE CUBS??? Just because the Chicago Cub-loving media tells us ad nauseum that the Cubs are great doesn't mean it's true. Nomar -overrated! Maddux- over the hill! Prior- very good but still overrated, etc.

Yes, they have Lee and Ramirez, but you can't rely on 1 or 2 players to carry a team for long. Look at how many holes the Cubs have and then look at how few holes the Sox have. Seesh, we're worrying because Timo and Willie Harris are lousy bench players and whether Contrares is a good enough 5th starter!