PDA

View Full Version : Did anyone read the sidebar on ESPN.com about the trade

Dadawg_77
07-26-2001, 11:11 PM
Kenny is a complete and total moron or the Sox need to get better phones.

Here is the link to the story http://espn.go.com/mlb/news/2001/0726/1231473.html

:hawk :hawk

Man I was better GM then Kenny is.

:dumbash :dumbash

So I am I

Jerry_Manuel
07-26-2001, 11:13 PM
Yes Kenny can be a boob at times.

:glove
Hey he got me from Toronto for SCOTT EYRE!
So he's not that bad!

PaleHoseGeorge
07-26-2001, 11:38 PM
There has been a long discussion about this over on the email list. KW is getting compared to BEVINGTON for such a boneheaded mistake.

The Sox are trying to make it like there isn't a problem and either Barry or Berry is fine with them. But the truth is Williams said he liked Barry's arm. Turns out the guy is an outfielder, not a pitcher.

That's the smoking gun on this one. Dan Evans must be laughing his *** off back in L.A. He's gotten his revenge on both KW and Reinsdorf.

"We project Barry to be a spot starter after we convert him from the outfield."
:KW

Tragg
07-26-2001, 11:45 PM
I compare him to Maury Wills.

When maury was managing Seattle, he went into his GMs office after a loss and suggested that they call up player X.

One problem: player X had already been called up and was sitting on the bench the previous game.

Tragg
07-26-2001, 11:47 PM
And about that sidebar, what does KW mean when he says that the trade will go through?

Does he mean that the mistake was his and that it would be unethical to void the trade even though he didn't get the player he intended.

Or did he mean that he didn't care who the f he got, he wanted to make damn sure salary was dumped today.

i ate canada
07-27-2001, 01:02 AM
"There was a misunderstanding on reports," Williams said. "We were looking at a report on the pitcher and we didn't have one on the guy we got. We'll honor the deal."

It's offical, Kenny Williams is now worse than Gord Ash. This franchise is screwed. The Dodgers must be laughing their asses off at us right now.

FarWestChicago
07-27-2001, 01:07 AM
Originally posted by i ate canada

The Dodgers must be laughing their asses off at us right now.

The announcers on the Giant's broadcast sure were. They couldn't stop chuckling.

Jerry_Manuel
07-27-2001, 01:07 AM
It's offical, Kenny Williams is now worse than Gord Ash. This franchise is screwed. The Dodgers must be laughing their asses off at us right now.

Hasn't this franchise been screwed since Reinsdorf bought the team? Someone needs to hold Williams hand on everything he does from now on. We cannot afford any more "mistakes". Damn for once Ate and I agree on who we are bashing.

:jerry
As long I get to blame someone else I like it!

Nellie_Fox
07-27-2001, 01:49 AM
After reading that KW didn't even know who he traded for, I went upstairs and made myself a lovely Maker's Mark and water.