PDA

View Full Version : New Yorkers are paying attention

CHISOXFAN13
08-09-2005, 02:03 PM
I just got this e-mail from a buddy who is in NY and went to the game last night. Good stuff.

Yesterday when I was checking in, one of the guests asked what was going on around town, the desk clerk said "The Chicago White Sox are in town and a lot of people are going to those games". I went to the concierge and asked how long it would take me to get to Yankee Stadium on the 4 train and he said, "about 35 minutes, do you have tickets?" I said no, and he replied, "You might want to get them in advance on line because the White Sox are in town and this is a pretty big series"

Fenway
08-09-2005, 02:18 PM
same goes for Boston tickets very scarce for the weekend

kittle42
08-09-2005, 02:39 PM
I just got this e-mail from a buddy who is in NY and went to the game last night. Good stuff.

Yesterday when I was checking in, one of the guests asked what was going on around town, the desk clerk said "The Chicago White Sox are in town and a lot of people are going to those games". I went to the concierge and asked how long it would take me to get to Yankee Stadium on the 4 train and he said, "about 35 minutes, do you have tickets?" I said no, and he replied, "You might want to get them in advance on line because the White Sox are in town and this is a pretty big series"

Shh! They must think it was the other Chicago team.

CYGarland20
08-09-2005, 02:40 PM

Yesterday when I was checking in, one of the guests asked what was going on around town, the desk clerk said "The Chicago White Sox are in town and a lot of people are going to those games". I went to the concierge and asked how long it would take me to get to Yankee Stadium on the 4 train and he said, "about 35 minutes, do you have tickets?" I said no, and he replied, "You might want to get them in advance on line because the White Sox are in town and this is a pretty big series" East coast fans know good baseball, too bad there media doesn't. :cool:

cheeses_h_rice
08-09-2005, 02:41 PM
same goes for Boston tickets very scarce for the weekend

Uh...isn't that every weekend at Fenway?

:)

PaleHoseGeorge
08-09-2005, 02:41 PM
Shh! They must think it was the other Chicago team.

:knue
"Where did I put that 10-page fold out section for the Sox' triumphant return to Yankee Stadium... I know I left it around here somewhere..."

:wink:

hsnterprize
08-09-2005, 11:53 PM
New Yorkers are paying so much attention, that some folks at the Yankees' fan website (http://forums.nyyfans.com/showthread.php?p=2581025#post2581025) are talking about the Hawk's broadcasting style. I wrote in my $.02 worth to the conversation, and I hope you like what I said. Just be prepared just in case some Yankee fans decide to infiltrate WSI and rip on our team and stuff.

RedHeadPaleHoser
08-10-2005, 07:48 AM
New Yorkers are paying so much attention, that some folks at the Yankees' fan website (http://forums.nyyfans.com/showthread.php?p=2581025#post2581025) are talking about the Hawk's broadcasting style. I wrote in my $.02 worth to the conversation, and I hope you like what I said. Just be prepared just in case some Yankee fans decide to infiltrate WSI and rip on our team and stuff.

Well, I just read your post, and the responses. 1st off, PROPS to you for your well articulated, thought out post, and the obiligatory link. :smile: But, like I suspected, they missed the jist of your post. Your comparsion regarding if HH was working for the Yanks, BoSox, or the Tribune Co's. pet project was completely lost on them. To be quite honest, the responses were exactly what I thought they'd be.

If HH is such a homer, what was Haray Caray? An impartial arbitrator?

bunnybrief
08-10-2005, 09:20 AM

Oh, I'm sure they would.

They hate Hawk beyond all comprehension, though, and they keep repeating themselves as if they're autistic. I guess he doesn't Sieg Heil their guys enough or something.....

harwar
08-10-2005, 09:28 AM
The buzz around New York before this series started was that the White Sox could be used as a measuring stick to see how good the yankees really are at this time.
I was thinking the same thing about the yankees & red sox for us.
All i continue to hear on local Chicago sports talk shows is cubs,cubs,cubs.. go figure.

SOXintheBURGH
08-10-2005, 09:32 AM

Harlan - the official ambassador of WSI and the Chicago White Sox! :gulp: