PDA

View Full Version : Core of the Core Sales SLOW

TornLabrum
08-09-2005, 10:40 AM
I talked to Alex (Soxheads here at WSI) via IM last night, and he said he'd been in contact with Brooks and Kurt about sales for the Patio Party so far. I was disappointed to hear that as of yesterday only about 45 tickets had been sold. The good news is that most of them seem to be to WSI members, so some of us are getting our orders in.

If you thought you might not get a ticket, this shows there will be no problem. There are still 455 seats available.

The real reason I'm posting this, though, is to remind you that you have less than 10 days left to get those orders in. The deadline is a week from Friday, August 19.

kevingrt
08-09-2005, 10:42 AM
Can we just call the White Sox ticket office and ask for it or do we need to mail or fax that form?

Jerko
08-09-2005, 10:48 AM
Whoever posted that it was opening night for the NFL that night ruined it.

Tekijawa
08-09-2005, 10:55 AM
I Picked up 5 of those tickets. So I account for 1/9 of the attendees, I think I should get a brand new state of the art tinfoil hat for being able to do that! I would have ordered more but the neigborhood is dangerous and there is nothing to do around the park.

I would have thought that there would have been a much bigger response! I hope people a holding out to buy at a later date.

Hangar18
08-09-2005, 10:56 AM
Can we just call the White Sox ticket office and ask for it or do we need to mail or fax that form?

NOOOO. You must use that specific FORM that is posted here at WSI
(in order to be able to take advantage of the price break)

Hangar18
08-09-2005, 10:56 AM
I Picked up 5 of those tickets. So I account for 1/9 of the attendees, I think I should get a brand new state of the art tinfoil hat for being able to do that! I would have ordered more but the neigborhood is dangerous and there is nothing to do around the park.

I would have thought that there would have been a much bigger response! I hope people a holding out to buy at a later date.

I'll be buying a few of those come Friday .......

Mickster
08-09-2005, 10:58 AM
I'll be buying a few of those come Friday .......

State of the art tinfoil hats or tickets? :tongue:

Tekijawa
08-09-2005, 11:03 AM
State of the art tinfoil hats or tickets? :tongue:

Beat me to it! :)

TornLabrum
08-09-2005, 11:04 AM

Wrong! Wrong! Wrong! If you want to order by phone call Anthony Wade at (312) 674-5140. Tell him you're ordering for the Core of the Core patio party.

Iwritecode
08-09-2005, 11:07 AM
I'll be adding 3 to that total in the next day or so...

thepaulbowski
08-09-2005, 11:11 AM
I'll be adding a few to that total, just not sure how many yet.

The Dude
08-09-2005, 11:38 AM
Still waiting for mine in the mail, I sent them in the second day they went on sale. I ordered 2 so Chips and i are going. I'm still trying to get some buddies from NIU here to go, but the money thing is obviously a problem in college. I'm really surprised that the sales have been so low. Hopefully we can still get around 200.:cool:

cbrownson13
08-09-2005, 12:34 PM
Still waiting for mine in the mail, I sent them in the second day they went on sale. I ordered 2 so Chips and i are going. I'm still trying to get some buddies from NIU here to go, but the money thing is obviously a problem in college. I'm really surprised that the sales have been so low. Hopefully we can still get around 200.:cool:

I'm thinking about getting them, but the money is also an issue with me two. I have two trips (Minneapolis and Milwaukee/Green Bay) within a week of each other...just got back from Minneapolis, heading to Milwaukee then Green Bay tomorrow.

I'm transferring to NIU this fall. We should get together come playoff time. I'm living with a Cubs fan who will cheer for the Sox, but it's just not the same.

Brian26
08-09-2005, 12:37 PM
I talked to Alex (Soxheads here at WSI) via IM last night, and he said he'd been in contact with Brooks and Kurt about sales for the Patio Party so far. I was disappointed to hear that as of yesterday only about 45 tickets had been sold. The good news is that most of them seem to be to WSI members, so some of us are getting our orders in.

If you thought you might not get a ticket, this shows there will be no problem. There are still 455 seats available.

Good grief, I figured there wouldn't be any left by now. Wow.

steff
08-09-2005, 12:41 PM

Good to see Henry posting facts as usual... :rolleyes:

:tongue:

Sad
08-09-2005, 12:54 PM
I've had tix for that night's game for awhile now but just not sure how early I can get there...

Stroker Ace
08-09-2005, 12:55 PM
Unfortunately, I'm out at school for the patio party. If I wasn't, you could count me in for 3.

DumpJerry
08-09-2005, 04:42 PM
I faxed my order for four tix a week and a half ago...no tix received yet, maybe I need to follow-up.

RedHeadPaleHoser
08-09-2005, 07:16 PM
Mine is in, only for one ticket, but I will be there.

Driving solo..carpool anyone?

Palehose13
08-09-2005, 07:38 PM
I will be buying some once I get paid, which will be Thursday.

StillMissOzzie
08-09-2005, 09:43 PM
I will be buying some once I get paid, which will be Thursday.

Hey PH13, congrats on your new "official" title. About time this joint added some healthy food options! :D:

SMO
:gulp:

Daver
08-09-2005, 09:45 PM
Hey PH13, congrats on your new "official" title. About time this joint added some healthy food options! :D:

SMO

George sat at the fryer screaming the entire time we discussed adding a salad bar.

Palehose13
08-09-2005, 09:49 PM

SMO

My girl just commented that it's kind of a funny title for me cause I am not too fond of salad, or any other type of healthy food. I guess daver figured that if he sticks me at the salad bar, he knows I won't eat them out of profit. If I was anywhere near the deep fryer...we'd all be in trouble (and I think I would end up single!) :o:

Daver
08-09-2005, 10:10 PM
My girl just commented that it's kind of a funny title for me cause I am not too fond of salad, or any other type of healthy food. I guess daver figured that if he sticks me at the salad bar, he knows I won't eat them out of profit. If I was anywhere near the deep fryer...we'd all be in trouble (and I think I would end up single!) :o:

A word of advice, stay away from George's fryer.

:bandance:

Palehose13
08-09-2005, 10:13 PM
A word of advice, stay away from George's fryer.

:bandance:

Hmmmm...ok. I'll make sure that I eat before I go to work. :cool:

hose
08-09-2005, 10:38 PM

The real reason I'm posting this, though, is to remind you that you have less than 10 days left to get those orders in. The deadline is a week from Friday, August 19.

Speaking of August 19th , when are tickets for the WCSF luncheon going on sale?

TornLabrum
08-09-2005, 11:11 PM
Speaking of August 19th , when are tickets for the WCSF luncheon going on sale?

We have a board meeting Thursday. I'm hoping we'll have some word on a guest by that time. When we know who is coming we'll start getting publicity out.

DrCrawdad
08-09-2005, 11:20 PM
I've invitated my fellow crawdads. I've given them all till this Friday to RSVP.

How much does it cost to bring a 4 year-old and a 7 month-old?

ChiSoxGirl
08-09-2005, 11:21 PM
This is rather disheartening to hear, considering how many people said they were all for this to happen. If you look back at the threads talking about the Core of the Core Night, I know the numbers were higher than 45....

I sent my order form in a week ago and haven't received anything yet. I'm not at all worried, just keep checking the mail everyday. :smile:

ode to veeck
08-09-2005, 11:23 PM
I have to break my 4-of-5 personal losing streak! Suggestions anyone???

Don't go to any A's games

ilsox7
08-09-2005, 11:27 PM
Still debating this one. Tough for me to make a decision in the next week or so b/c I am just starting law school and have no idea if I should be able to get to the game. Ehhh, I'll probly give in last minute and buy the package!

TornLabrum
08-09-2005, 11:37 PM
I've invitated my fellow crawdads. I've given them all till this Friday to RSVP.

How much does it cost to bring a 4 year-old and a 7 month-old?

I'd give Anthony Wade a call to see if there's a deal on that. Phone # is posted above.

DumpJerry
08-09-2005, 11:37 PM
Still debating this one. Tough for me to make a decision in the next week or so b/c I am just starting law school and have no idea if I should be able to get to the game. Ehhh, I'll probly give in last minute and buy the package!
Go. I'm a lawyer, went to law school. Missing one day won't hurt. The day before my very first day of law school was the day Wilson Alvarez pitched his no-no against the O's. Talk about distraction!

ilsox7
08-09-2005, 11:47 PM
Go. I'm a lawyer, went to law school. Missing one day won't hurt. The day before my very first day of law school was the day Wilson Alvarez pitched his no-no against the O's. Talk about distraction!

Nice! Yea I am not too worried about it. And I'll only have 1 class the next day so I should be able to get the reading done before the game.

ChiSoxGirl
08-09-2005, 11:51 PM
Nice! Yea I am not too worried about it. And I'll only have 1 class the next day so I should be able to get the reading done before the game.

I'm no longer a student, but have crossed the line and am now a teacher. I'll be teaching 8 classes the next day, not to mention working Extended Day on Friday morning at 7a! And though I'll be getting home late that night, I'll just be sure I'm planned for the whole week before Core of the Core Night. Come out and join us; we can use all the WSIers we can get. :smile:

Palehose13
08-09-2005, 11:53 PM
I'm no longer a student, but have crossed the line and am now a teacher. I'll be teaching 8 classes the next day, not to mention working Extended Day on Friday morning at 7a! And though I'll be getting home late that night, I'll just be sure I'm planned for the whole week before Core of the Core Night. Come out and join us; we can use all the WSIers we can get. :smile:

Someone taught you correctly! You'll be draggin on Friday, but Saturday is only a happy hour away!!!

balke
08-09-2005, 11:53 PM
Thought about going, looks like I'll be out of town for work now. Hope they win one that day, maybe they'll call up Borchard to hit one to the Patio that day.

ilsox7
08-09-2005, 11:56 PM

I think I will. I am just wanting to see how this whole law school thing compares to, say, my "career" that I left, where going to a Sox game after working 13 or 14 hours would be no problem. It's also nice I can just hope on the Red Line and be home in no time after the game! And it's all you can eat, so maybe I can actually save some moeny out of the deal. :D:

ChiSoxGirl
08-09-2005, 11:59 PM
Someone taught you correctly! You'll be draggin on Friday, but Saturday is only a happy hour away!!!

I know I'll be hurting on Friday, but I'm confident enough that it'll totally be worth it! :cool: I'm a total night owl anyway! Besides, I'll be dragging and preoccupied until the end of October because of the Playoffs, so why should September 8 be any different? :wink:

ChiSoxGirl
08-10-2005, 12:00 AM
I think I will. I am just wanting to see how this whole law school thing compares to, say, my "career" that I left, where going to a Sox game after working 13 or 14 hours would be no problem. It's also nice I can just hope on the Red Line and be home in no time after the game! And it's all you can eat, so maybe I can actually save some moeny out of the deal. :D:

YES! See you there! :bandance:

Palehose13
08-10-2005, 12:01 AM
I know I'll be hurting on Friday, but I'm confident enough that it'll totally be worth it! :cool: I'm a total night owl anyway! Besides, I'll be dragging and preoccupied until the end of October because of the Playoffs, so why should September 8 be any different? :wink:

I am a night owl too (I do have to work tomorrow!), but I am thankful for year-round school cause I have almost all of October off! :cool:

ilsox7
08-10-2005, 12:02 AM
So the next question is: anyone actually going alone? Because that's the boat I'll be in!

ilsox7
08-10-2005, 12:03 AM
I am a night owl too (I do have to work tomorrow!), but I am thankful for year-round school cause I have almost all of October off! :cool:

I am curious how year round school will be for both you and your students. I always liked having my whole summer off, b/c I played about 75 baseball games during the summer. Night owl here, too. I have my fist half day of orientation tomorrow...luckily it's in the afternoon. But I apparently have to take some sort of writing test. Ugh!

ChiSoxGirl
08-10-2005, 12:04 AM
So the next question is: anyone actually going alone? Because that's the boat I'll be in!

I'm totally going alone! :smile:

TornLabrum
08-10-2005, 12:07 AM

That's Labor Day week, too, so it's only a four-day week to plan. I teach 6 science classes (three preps) a day. No sweat. I'll make sure I have stuff ready for both Wednesday and Thursday before I leave the building Wednesday.

gosox3072
08-10-2005, 12:39 AM

I go to Northern and ill go w/ ya!

BTW, that would be great if playoff tickets went on sale the next morning.....we could all party straight through the night!!!

BFirebird
08-10-2005, 12:46 AM
I'm getting 8 tix tomorrow...bringing some BIG Sox fans...you wont miss us!! I thought there would be more sold as well.

JB98
08-10-2005, 12:48 AM
I simply cannot make it to the park on a Thursday night due to work obligations. I wish we would have scheduled this event on a weekend.

TornLabrum
08-10-2005, 05:49 AM
I simply cannot make it to the park on a Thursday night due to work obligations. I wish we would have scheduled this event on a weekend.

Unfortunately most of the weekend games have high ticket sales already.

RedHeadPaleHoser
08-10-2005, 06:37 AM

I'm flying solo also.

soxjim
08-10-2005, 06:49 AM

I know what extended hours are like. Will be working extended hours that week.
Working them now as our softball team has qualified for state play. Hopefully for the next 2 weeks into nationals. See everyone at the game on Sept 9.

QueerGirrl
08-10-2005, 08:16 AM
I'll be ordering tickets on Monday. Like Palehose13, I had to wait til I got paid. There will be at least 4 if not 5 of us. :gulp: :bandance:

Risk
08-10-2005, 08:35 AM

I'll be flying solo. Mrs. Risk gave me a dispensation for that night.

Risk

LuvSox
08-10-2005, 10:48 AM
Waiting for the CFO (Mrs. Luvsox) to release the funds. :D:

Rocky Soprano
08-10-2005, 10:58 AM
I'll be buying a few on next payday.

DaveIsHere
08-10-2005, 11:06 AM
Waiting for the CFO (Mrs. Luvsox) to release the funds. :D:

Same here!!

ilsox7
08-10-2005, 11:34 PM
Well y'all have a grand time. I was going to order my tickets tomorrow, but luckily held off. Turns out I have a section dinner the 8th for law school that I shouldn't miss. Can't believe both events turned out to be the same day!

TornLabrum
08-10-2005, 11:40 PM
Well y'all have a grand time. I was going to order my tickets tomorrow, but luckily held off. Turns out I have a section dinner the 8th for law school that I shouldn't miss. Can't believe both events turned out to be the same day!

Excuses, excuses!

Chips
08-10-2005, 11:48 PM
I am going with The Dude. By the Way, you're driving.

ilsox7
08-10-2005, 11:57 PM
Excuses, excuses!

I couldn't believe it. I open up my orientation binder today and see my section has a dinner September 8th. I wish I could miss it, but early impressions on people I will be networking with for life are important. Made me so mad! I know your response was in teal, but but not being able to go still upsets me. I really wanted to get out to this game...especially since Brooks went out of his way to set this up and he did a lot for me and my family our last time out to the park. Ugh!

chisoxfanatic
08-11-2005, 12:05 AM
I couldn't believe it. I open up my orientation binder today and see my section has a dinner September 8th. I wish I could miss it, but early impressions on people I will be networking with for life are important. Made me so mad! I know your response was in teal, but but not being able to go still upsets me. I really wanted to get out to this game...especially since Brooks went out of his way to set this up and he did a lot for me and my family our last time out to the park. Ugh!

Here's the solution...Make a blow-up model of yourself and send that with one of your co-workers to the dinner while you make a b-line to Comiskey.

skobabe8
08-11-2005, 01:31 AM
I'll be there with Pythons007 and Converted!

TornLabrum
08-11-2005, 07:16 AM

Certain things in life are more important than a ball game. This is one of them.

Perhaps this may serve as some consolation, but if this is successful and there is enough interest here, we can do one next year. The best rates on the patio parties, iirc, are in April, May, and September. Most colleges are out by late May, so I was thinking that might be a possibility. Anyway, we'll cross that bridge when we come to it.

All I know is that every kind of group outing I've been to like this has resulted in online friendships becoming cemented. I haven't been to one yet that ended in a fistfight!

RedHeadPaleHoser
08-11-2005, 08:36 PM
I'm heading in from the south side(Evergreen area)...anyone looking to carpool to split parking costs, etc...feel free to PM me so we can talk.

Looking forward to it!!!

jake27
08-11-2005, 08:51 PM
ill be there. im gonna ask my friend if he wants to go on monday when he gets back in town, if not ill just be going alone. ive never been in the patio area before and plan on gaining 10+ lbs that night :smile:

Iwritecode
08-12-2005, 09:41 AM
All I know is that every kind of group outing I've been to like this has resulted in online friendships becoming cemented. I haven't been to one yet that ended in a fistfight!

Well we are putting Soxtalk and WSI together... :o: :cool:

Eddie Gaedel
08-12-2005, 11:07 AM
i spoke with anthony wade from the sox yesterday and he said sales have really picked up this week. he expects a good turnout.:D:

Tekijawa
08-12-2005, 11:12 AM
Is there any way we can start a thread or a list of who is "Actually" going? Just a list, nothing elaborate... I'd just like to see who all is going with out having to filter through a bunch of "Oh I wish I could go but...." posts.