PDA

View Full Version : Hilarious "NO! NO!" call in today's game

CubsfansareDRUNK
08-09-2005, 01:38 AM
Did anyone else catch that hilarious barrage of "NO!"s from hawk and DJ when they called scott out at 1st? That was down right funny.

doublem23
08-09-2005, 02:29 AM
No, because I flipped out when he called Scott out. When he laid that bunt down, it didn't even cross my mind that Sturtze or Posada could have even made that play close.

DrCrawdad
08-09-2005, 02:55 AM
I thought Podzilla was safe and screamed at the TV. No response from the TV, yet.

I sure the heck hope this umpiring crew is no where near any Sox post-season game.

cbrownson13
08-09-2005, 05:20 AM
From the replays, he looked out.

DumpJerry
08-09-2005, 08:03 AM
I was listening on the radio. John and Ed think the bill of his helmet got tagged.....

harwar
08-09-2005, 08:24 AM
The replay that i saw,it looked like a tie between the ball arriving and the foot touching the bag.
He should have been called safe.

Hangar18
08-09-2005, 08:54 AM

Wrong. From the replays, showed he was SAFE
Im sick and tired of bad umpiring, esp from this Crew. Were gonna
get swept in NY, and it will be mostly because of this umpiring crew
I was furious when I saw that call ........

Hokiesox
08-09-2005, 09:05 AM
The replay that i saw,it looked like a tie between the ball arriving and the foot touching the bag.
He should have been called safe.

There's no such thing as a tie. Further, no tie automatically goes to the runner. If you think it's a rule, Show it to me. You won't find it.

Now, usually, if the umpire deems it a tie, we do tend to call the runner safe, but we don't have to.

itsnotrequired
08-09-2005, 09:41 AM
Wrong. From the replays, showed he was SAFE
Im sick and tired of bad umpiring, esp from this Crew. Were gonna

Pods was surely safe. The only problem was that Uribe should have been called out when he was scampering back to first on the throw from the pitcher. Sox caught a break there. Had he been called out, the inning would have ended and Pods wouldn't have even batted. You win some, you lose some...

harwar
08-09-2005, 10:15 AM
There's no such thing as a tie. Further, no tie automatically goes to the runner. If you think it's a rule, Show it to me. You won't find it.

Now, usually, if the umpire deems it a tie, we do tend to call the runner safe, but we don't have to.

Its been one of the unwritten rules of baseball since Abner Doubleday became a celebrity.

BeviBall!
08-09-2005, 10:37 AM
Put it this way... Moose gets 5 inches on either side of the plate because he's won 225 games. Shouldn't Pods get the benefit of the doubt on close plays becasue of his speed?

He was safe... it wasn't even that close.

Palehose13
08-09-2005, 10:48 AM
Were gonna

Henry, when did you become a psychic?

:cleo
"I don't see a Yankee sweep in the future."

ode to veeck
08-09-2005, 10:54 AM
Were gonna
get swept in NY,

bite your tongue dude !

:darkcloud:

(Sorry Henry, just had to break in the new tag)

BeviBall!
08-09-2005, 10:56 AM
We are gonna find out an awful lot about Contreras' "fire in the belly" tonight. IE, if he has any.

The offense has to make a guest appearance for sure.

Stroker Ace
08-09-2005, 11:00 AM
Did anyone else catch that hilarious barrage of "NO!"s from hawk and DJ when they called scott out at 1st? That was down right funny.Unfortunately, no. I in NJ and have to watch the game on the YES Network.:angry: :whiner:

santo=dorf
08-09-2005, 11:05 AM
I was listening on the radio. John and Ed think the bill of his helmet got tagged.....
You're talking about the caught stealing in the first. I didn't see the game, but close was that play everybody? (Considering Bruce Froemming made the call):angry: