PDA

View Full Version : The love keeps on flowing!

TornLabrum
08-08-2005, 10:23 PM
I received the following today from *********@acurawestmont.com . Subject was "Your WSI Column."

Hey fat **** your a piece of ****

Well, I guess I know where I'm not going to buy a new car. This was actually the second email from the guy. The first was:

**** you Vickery! Your

My response was:

It only took you two tries to come up with this? I don’t know how I can ever compete with such a superior intellect! Oh, by the way, you misspelled “you’re.” Now get off daddy’s computer and have a lollipop.

The only thing I don't know is if this was a disgruntled Cubs fan or somebody who is upset because I knocked a couple of people from The Score, a station that I believe this dealership sponsors.

Unfortunately the dealership's web site doesn't have any email addresses for its employees or somebody would be receiving a complaint.

Ol' No. 2
08-08-2005, 10:35 PM
I received the following today from *********@acurawestmont.com . Subject was "Your WSI Column."

Well, I guess I know where I'm not going to buy a new car. This was actually the second email from the guy. The first was:

My response was:

[/color][/font]

The only thing I don't know is if this was a disgruntled Cubs fan or somebody who is upset because I knocked a couple of people from The Score, a station that I believe this dealership sponsors.

Unfortunately the dealership's web site doesn't have any email addresses for its employees or somebody would be receiving a complaint.At least you got a pen pal out of the deal.:cool:

FielderJones
08-08-2005, 10:36 PM
Unfortunately the dealership's web site doesn't have any email addresses for its employees or somebody would be receiving a complaint.

How about printing off the email and snail-mailing it to the dealership manager?

WhiteSox16K
08-08-2005, 10:42 PM

You could just try to email it to support@... or webmaster@... I'm sure something would get through if you tried enough. And it'd probably get to the correct person to report an abuse of company email. Just a thought.

BarbG
08-08-2005, 10:52 PM
You could also send it directly to Acura's regional headquarters.

They don't like to see stuff like that, believe me.

CLR01
08-08-2005, 11:12 PM
Click the live chat button and talk to Amy. She seemed very nice.

southsideirish71
08-08-2005, 11:13 PM

My response was:

[/color][/font]

According to whois here is the registration information for that domain.

Registrant:
Girard, Ken
400 E Ogden Ave
Westmont, IL 60559
US

Domain Name: ACURAWESTMONT.COM

Administrative Contact:
Girard, Ken http://www.whois.ws/email.php?domain=acurawestmont.com&email=0
400 E Ogden Ave
Westmont, IL 60559
US
630 323 8200

And according to the westmont chamber of commerce.

McGrath Acura of Westmont Member: Mr. Girard, Kenneth A.400 E. Ogden Ave
Westmont, IL 60559Phone: 630-323-8200Fax: 630-371-6398

You can check the headers in the email to verify what IP that email came from. Use ARIN to verify it.

Mr. Girard is the GM of that Acura dealership.

Send copies of those nice emails to his attention. I am sure he would be thrilled that his employees are making friends with possible customers.

halfpricemonday
08-08-2005, 11:17 PM
Too bad I'm not in the market for a new car. I'd drive out to Westmont just to take a look at a model, go for a test drive, and start talking about financing. Then, just as I'm about to sign on the dotted line, I'd say, "Oh, I forgot. I'm a White Sox fan and a member of White Sox Interactive. I've heard one of your employees has a problem with that."

And with that, I'd be out the door.

voodoochile
08-08-2005, 11:17 PM
According to whois here is the registration information for that domain.

Registrant:
Girard, Ken
400 E Ogden Ave
Westmont, IL 60559
US

Domain Name: ACURAWESTMONT.COM

Administrative Contact:
Girard, Ken http://www.whois.ws/email.php?domain=acurawestmont.com&email=0
400 E Ogden Ave
Westmont, IL 60559
US
630 323 8200

And according to the westmont chamber of commerce.

McGrath Acura of Westmont Member: Mr. Girard, Kenneth A.400 E. Ogden Ave
Westmont, IL 60559Phone: 630-323-8200Fax: 630-371-6398

You can check the headers in the email to verify what IP that email came from. Use ARIN to verify it.

Mr. Girard is the GM of that Acura dealership.

Send copies of those nice emails to his attention. I am sure he would be thrilled that his employees are making friends with possible customers.

Hey Sox Army... buy your Acuras elsewhere...

Have a great day, Mr. Girard...:tongue:

tstrike2000
08-09-2005, 12:36 AM
Well, this is up to par from the classless people involved with McGrath. I know the McGrath family that owns that Acura dealership because I went to school with his youngest son. Between the family and experiences with McGrath dealerships, my family and I would not buy a car from them if they were the last dealership on the planet. Doesn't surprise me at all that a completely duragatory, classless and unprofessional e-mail would come from someone working for McGrath.

The Wall
08-09-2005, 01:07 AM
Contact Acura's regional managers. They are always on the lookout for non-professional behaviour emanating from their dealers. Even though this incident has nothing to do with a car sale or service, they would act quickly cuz their reputation and a dealership value is at stake.

Who knows...they might offer you a couple grand off of a brand new Acura as well ;)

ChiSoxGirl
08-09-2005, 01:13 AM
My dad's best friend knows the National Zone Manager for Honda, which is Acura. I don't know if this would help you in any way, but I thought I'd throw it out there. :smile:

RedHeadPaleHoser
08-09-2005, 06:22 AM
I've dealt with the McGrath chain in the past business wise...and to say they rob Peter to pay Paul is putting it nicely. I've never purchased a car from them, but I worked at a company that sold them capital equipment. Never have I seen a more unprofessional group of individuals, truly.

Hal, you gotta know WSI's got your back on this. I LOVE that fellow WSI'ers were able to provide branch detail information. Let the Acura people know how their personnel are using their time, and company resources. I'd pay to be a fly on the wall when Girard gets that email or phone call from corporate.