PDA

View Full Version : Time to Bring up Anderson?

Domeshot17
08-08-2005, 09:43 PM
out of the last 4 games, 3 with 3 runs or less. Offense is dying. Anderson has been killing the ball down in triple A. Do you think we should bring him up now, so if he plays well we can keep him in October? Timo hit alright tonight, but we need somebody. Anderson seems to be a true 5 tool player, and with such a big league, why not give him some time? Can't be much worse than how we have been lately.

JUribe1989
08-08-2005, 09:53 PM
I would love to say yes, but who goes down....Adkins? I think we can wait until September 1 even though that means he can't be on the playoff roster.

NSSoxFan
08-08-2005, 09:54 PM
I would love to say yes, but who goes down....Adkins? I think we can wait until September 1 even though that means he can't be on the playoff roster.

I think it would be a good idea to bring him up before Sept. 1. I say that because IF he gets hot, we could really use him in the playoffs.

Stroker Ace
08-08-2005, 10:47 PM
I think we can afford to send Timo down and bring up Anderson, then bring Timo up when the rosters expand. We need to get some power.

JUribe1989
08-08-2005, 11:19 PM
I think we can afford to send Timo down and bring up Anderson, then bring Timo up when the rosters expand. We need to get some power.

Bringing up Anderson could be a great move for Timo now that I think of it. And I hate to say it, but with the way our offense has been, I wouldn't even mind to see Borchard up here and give him a chance. Maybe he has consistent power. If he could hit .260 that would be fine because of his power. Wow, I'll put down the pipe now. I guess I'm just desperate for a bat.

doublem23
08-08-2005, 11:54 PM
No. More. Rookies.

doublem23
08-08-2005, 11:55 PM
Bringing up Anderson could be a great move for Timo now that I think of it. And I hate to say it, but with the way our offense has been, I wouldn't even mind to see Borchard up here and give him a chance. Maybe he has consistent power. If he could hit .260 that would be fine because of his power. Wow, I'll put down the pipe now. I guess I'm just desperate for a bat.

Joe Borchard can't hit .260 consistently in the bandbox that is Knights Stadium.

SoxSpeed22
08-09-2005, 12:04 AM
No. More. Rookies.Why the crick* not? We didn't have any position rookies this year. This could be a shot in the arm for our offense. The other one could be aquiring Junior Griffey.

*- Crick is a made up word as an alternate to certain untypeable words.

Tekijawa
08-09-2005, 08:56 AM
We didn't have any position rookies this year.

Iguchi?

CHIsoxNation
08-09-2005, 09:34 AM
I'm all for it! I think something like this could really spark the offense.

Knucksie
08-09-2005, 09:40 AM
No. More. Rookies.

Why not? Other quality teams do it all the time. Look at the Braves, A's, twinkies, even the Skankees (who have a very depleated system) can still find a quality guy to bring up. Why do ours always have to be protected? Or is it that they aren't that good?

This team needs something. It needs a bat, it needs a spark. I like the Blum acquisition for his versatility but he can't hit. Timo, no bat. If not Anderson, then they need to bring Gload back up. They have to do something. The offense is stuck in low gear.

Maybe they bring Anderson up and he doesn't produce. Chalk it up to experience for him and maybe he will benefit next time for the experience. Maybe he catches on, infects a couple other guys and they catch lightning in a bottle.

Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

Ol' No. 2
08-09-2005, 09:55 AM
They're not going to carry 7 relievers much longer. They did it only because they had a long stretch without a day off. I'd bet that one of the relievers goes back down and Gload comes back up by the time they come home next week.

Flight #24
08-09-2005, 10:12 AM
IMO there's little competitive downside to bringing up Anderson if you need to DL Carl. Same with Borchard. Either is as good an option as Timo.

The only thing that makes me possibly hold off on Anderson is that you balance getting him some experience the potential improvement ot the team against the possibility that you end up using him for a week or 2 only, not getting a ton of value out of it, and starting his arb clock a year earlier.

Ol' No. 2
08-09-2005, 10:31 AM
IMO there's little competitive downside to bringing up Anderson if you need to DL Carl. Same with Borchard. Either is as good an option as Timo.

The only thing that makes me possibly hold off on Anderson is that you balance getting him some experience the potential improvement ot the team against the possibility that you end up using him for a week or 2 only, not getting a ton of value out of it, and starting his arb clock a year earlier.You don't start the arb clock a year earlier. Players get credit for the number of days they spend on a major league roster, with partial years adding up to 172 days counting for a full year. If they're going to bring him up on Sept 1 anyway, they'd only be adding a few additional weeks of service time, which isn't likely to make any difference.

I'd put Gload as the first choice to bring up. He's proven he can hit at the major league level, which Anderson has not. Anderson would probably be my next choice.

SoxSpeed22
08-09-2005, 11:56 AM
Iguchi?Whoops.