PDA

View Full Version : Reynolds and Kruk solidify their stupidity

buehrle4cy05
08-08-2005, 10:19 PM
Kruk: White Sox not in MLB top 5

Reynolds: White Sox 5th best team in the majors.

Discuss.

FarWestChicago
08-08-2005, 10:20 PM
Why?? :?:

Why would you post stupid crap like that?

rowand33
08-08-2005, 10:21 PM
Were Kruk's top 5 ranked by quality of ballpark food?

fat piece of ****.

CHISOXFAN13

Discuss.

I hope they don't think the Yankees are ahead of the Sox.

IMHO, as it stands right now, I think an argument can be made for the Cardinals, A's and Angels being good or better than the Sox.

I'm sure that won't be popular, but I think it's a pretty realistic view.

mantis1212
John Kruk is the stupidist person I've ever seen on television.

And there are A LOT of stupid people on television.

mantis1212
08-08-2005, 10:24 PM
Why?? :?:

Why would you post stupid crap like that?

Oh, you know SOMEBODY was going to...I just saw it and it was a huge slap in the face to the White Sox. No respect AT ALL.

The thing is, baseball players DO sit around and watch Baseball Tonight. This will only fuel Ozzie and the players more IMO.

NSSoxFan
08-08-2005, 10:29 PM
Mods, please close this thread. I mean, come on, anything with ESPN attached to it should go right in the ****house with the rest of the trash.

Stroker Ace
08-08-2005, 10:31 PM
John Kruk is the stupidist person I've ever seen on television.

And there are A LOT of stupid people on television.Wow. you have to be pretty stupid to have people on MTV viewed as being of a higher intelligence than you.

FarWestChicago
08-08-2005, 10:31 PM
Oh, you know SOMEBODY was going to...I just saw it and it was a huge slap in the face to the White Sox. No respect AT ALL.

The thing is, baseball players DO sit around and watch Baseball Tonight. This will only fuel Ozzie and the players more IMO.Who in their right ****ing mind would watch that tabloid, crap **** station after that game? It's ****ing insanity. Then you come here and cry. What a bunch of masochists, or idiots. Take your pick. :rolleyes:

rowand33
08-08-2005, 10:32 PM
Mods, please close this thread. I mean, come on, anything with ESPN attached to it should go right in the ****house with the rest of the trash.

I hate this attitude on the board.

People like to discuss the media's discussion of the team.

Yeah, most things are ridiculous on ESPN, but it's nice to come onto WSI and see other people saying "yeah, I thought that was ridiculous too"

NSSoxFan
08-08-2005, 10:34 PM
I hate this attitude on the board.

People like to discuss the media's discussion of the team.

Yeah, most things are ridiculous on ESPN, but it's nice to come onto WSI and see other people saying "yeah, I thought that was ridiculous too"

Here is an idea. Why don't White Sox fans formulate their own opinions on their team? What good does it do to redicule what the tabloid says?

FarWestChicago
08-08-2005, 10:35 PM
Yeah, most things are ridiculous on ESPN, but it's nice to come onto WSI and see other people saying "yeah, I thought that was ridiculous too"I hate this attitude.

Soxzilla
08-08-2005, 10:36 PM
Here is an idea. Why don't White Sox fans formulate their own opinions on their team? What good does it do to redicule what the tabloid says?

It will make me feel gooey inside when they have to eat crow after the White Sox make it to the World Series. And ****ing win it all.

Then we'll see Kruk do what he does best...stuff it.

Brian26
08-08-2005, 10:37 PM
Were Kruk's top 5 ranked by quality of ballpark food?

fat piece of ****.

Heh heh. Nice.

:thumbsup:

balke
08-08-2005, 10:38 PM
Under the Radar, most hated on of the hated on.

:whocares:

rowand33
08-08-2005, 10:39 PM

here's an idea... how bout White Sox fans quit being such jerks to each other? If you don't like a thread, quit reading it.

it's getting a little ridiculous that everytime somebody posts about PTI, Around the Horn, BBTN, Mariotti, Bruce LeVine, etc. they're just dismissed as an idiot and then somebody pops up with the stupid little Arnold image.

There's no reason to reply to a post just to go out of your way to say "hey, stupid, you shouldn't care"

Just because you can say whatever you want to people on the internet with little to no reprecussions doesn't mean you shuold.

FarWestChicago
08-08-2005, 10:42 PM
here's an idea... how bout White Sox fans quit being such jerks to each other? If you don't like a thread, quit reading it.If you accidentally stepped on a nail what would you do? I imagine you would pull your foot off of it and get some first aid. And then you would avoid the nail in the future if you couldn't get rid of it. I don't think you would step on it again to see what would happen. Yet, here you are, doing it over and over expecting a different result. :rolleyes:

mantis1212
08-08-2005, 10:42 PM
Who in their right ****ing mind would watch that tabloid, crap **** station after that game? It's ****ing insanity. Then you come here and cry. What a bunch of masochists, or idiots. Take your pick. :rolleyes:

It's the ONLY show with ALL the highlights, that's why I watch personally. Plus, I wanted to see them out Arod for his bush league play. Little did I know that Dumbkruk would praise him for it.

FarWestChicago
08-08-2005, 10:45 PM
It's the ONLY show with ALL the highlights, that's why I watch personally.:?: Since when? There's usually 45 minutes of Skanks, Wrong Sox and Flubs highlights and then some scores from the other games.

CYGarland20
08-08-2005, 10:46 PM

Discuss. Right now i would have to put the Cards and A's in front of us, unless KW can miraculously acquire another Big bat through waivers.

ChiSoxlukes
08-08-2005, 10:56 PM
I love it when the media does this to us. I love to laugh at the crap that they say and then in October we can shock the world. Attention Sox players: please don't make Kruk and Reynolds look smart.

SOXfnNlansing
08-08-2005, 10:57 PM
:whocares I sure don't!:?:

balke
08-08-2005, 11:02 PM
Right now i would have to put the Cards and A's in front of us, unless KW can miraculously acquire another Big bat through waivers.

Sucks for you, seeing how the Angels are better than the A's, and the White Sox are better than everyone. I don't know how to match us up with NL teams, not worth the time. Cards and Braves are very good teams though. I think the standings are correct, Cards and Sox are the best teams in baseball.

soxfan123
08-09-2005, 02:26 AM
What did the list go like?

daveeym
08-09-2005, 08:45 AM
Kruk: I mean come on they just lost to a second place team only 9 games over .500. Can't be very good then. Oh and my top 5 teams are the YANKEES, Boston, Scrubs...

harwar
08-09-2005, 08:59 AM
I would think that espn would be embarressed by putting these guys on their show.
I don't see the point in watching all that drivel anyway.
Tabloid TV.

MushMouth
08-09-2005, 10:09 AM
That was pretty pathetic... goes to show how little these guys really pay attention to the actual games. They're mainly focused on writing/reading idiotic little rants to keep the brain dead masses from changing the channel.

Knucksie
08-09-2005, 10:26 AM
Although I am a huge fan of the beloved Sox (White ones only), I can see where the Sox may only be ranked in the top 5 right now. Most people would have to agree to at least consider the Cards and the A's in the Sox class right now. Then you have the Braves and Astros are really hot and comming on. I suppose you could throw the Angels in there as well.

The thing is that over the last month, the Sox have been hanging around .500 and have struggled at home. Yes, they still have the best record, but they aren't hot right now. The offense is really struggling. The other teams I mentioned are all playing very well right now.

Does this mean the Sox will stumble in the playoffs? Maybe, maybe not. There is still plenty of time for them to get hot at the right time. I wish something could be done about the offense. That is the weak link. They haven't been scoring enough runs when they've had the opportunity to do so. Pitching, defense and the pen are all solid for a playoff run.

Dick Allen
08-09-2005, 10:44 AM
Here's an idea: If it's the only show with all the highlights, hit the mute button, you'll enjoy it a lot more. Or for those of you who have ESPN news, watch that. They show highlights continuously, and no Kruk, Brantley, Philllips, etc. But keep the mute button on anyway.:D:

balke
08-09-2005, 12:59 PM
Although I am a huge fan of the beloved Sox (White ones only), I can see where the Sox may only be ranked in the top 5 right now. Most people would have to agree to at least consider the Cards and the A's in the Sox class right now. Then you have the Braves and Astros are really hot and comming on. I suppose you could throw the Angels in there as well.

The thing is that over the last month, the Sox have been hanging around .500 and have struggled at home. Yes, they still have the best record, but they aren't hot right now. The offense is really struggling. The other teams I mentioned are all playing very well right now.

Does this mean the Sox will stumble in the playoffs? Maybe, maybe not. There is still plenty of time for them to get hot at the right time. I wish something could be done about the offense. That is the weak link. They haven't been scoring enough runs when they've had the opportunity to do so. Pitching, defense and the pen are all solid for a playoff run.

Even with their superduper winning stretch, the A's don't have near the record of the White Sox. The White Sox had a much HOTTER stretch, and didn't completely SUCK for any part of the season. This is the same White Sox team that won all of those games, and we still have 2 Cy young candidates. Its pretty naive to think the A's are better IMO. Who's the hottest team in baseball? The A's. Who's the BEST team in baseball? The White Sox or Cardinals. I think from an outside view of baseball, its pretty safe to say the A's have NOTHING on the Cardinals at least. I'd put us right up there with the Cardinals in pitching, bullpen, defense, power, and speed. We lack batting average, and OBP but are 8th in runs scored.

Just as Andy Pettitte is having his stretch of great pitching, so is Zito. Neither will hold out pitching like that all season (though they will do well). I don't think Haren Blanton or Harden have the experience to keep up their pace either. Garland has always had this pitcher inside him. Buehrle has always been the man, and has a lot of experience. Garcia also has experience and talent. I can't wait to get to the playoffs and show the nation what we're talking about. I'm sick of the East Coast deeming themselves the best after their best starter barely escapes with a victory over our 4th or 5th best starter.

Knucksie
08-09-2005, 01:53 PM
Even with their superduper winning stretch, the A's don't have near the record of the White Sox. The White Sox had a much HOTTER stretch, and didn't completely SUCK for any part of the season. This is the same White Sox team that won all of those games, and we still have 2 Cy young candidates. Its pretty naive to think the A's are better IMO. Who's the hottest team in baseball? The A's. Who's the BEST team in baseball? The White Sox or Cardinals. I think from an outside view of baseball, its pretty safe to say the A's have NOTHING on the Cardinals at least. I'd put us right up there with the Cardinals in pitching, bullpen, defense, power, and speed. We lack batting average, and OBP but are 8th in runs scored.

Just as Andy Pettitte is having his stretch of great pitching, so is Zito. Neither will hold out pitching like that all season (though they will do well). I don't think Haren Blanton or Harden have the experience to keep up their pace either. Garland has always had this pitcher inside him. Buehrle has always been the man, and has a lot of experience. Garcia also has experience and talent. I can't wait to get to the playoffs and show the nation what we're talking about. I'm sick of the East Coast deeming themselves the best after their best starter barely escapes with a victory over our 4th or 5th best starter.

Right now...Right now, you'd have to say that the A's are one of the best teams in baseball. Honestly, do you want to see an A's v. Sox match up in the first round of the playoffs? What is the A's record against the Sox? Talk about naive...

We all know who has the best record, that is not debatable. Who won the Worls Series last year? How about the year before that? Were they the "best team?" Neither had the best record. Come on here. When Seattle won 116 games, who did they beat to win the World Series?

Don't get me wrong, I love what the Sox have done this year. But, I think you'd have to be drunk on the cool aid not to think there are other teams on their level, right now. There are no awards for having the best record, let alone the best record in April, May or June.

The Sox are in a great position. They most likely will be in the playoffs (if not this site may shutdown because all the memebers will jump off a bridge), but the battle just starts there. There is still a long way to go.

Argalarga
08-09-2005, 02:37 PM
I like the idea of Ozzie sitting in the clubhouse watching BBTN and the anger just growing and growing.

The rest of the AL isn't going to like Ozzie when he's angry.

balke
08-09-2005, 02:52 PM
Right now...Right now, you'd have to say that the A's are one of the best teams in baseball.

Don't get me wrong, I love what the Sox have done this year. But, I think you'd have to be drunk on the cool aid not to think there are other teams on their level, right now. There are no awards for having the best record, let alone the best record in April, May or June.

There's no award for 2 month hot streaks, or 2nd in your division either. The A's probably won't even make it to the playoffs. I can admit what teams are "On the same level" with the Sox. I don't think the A's are better than the Sox though, I welcome a series with them over a series with the Angels. Only Cubs fans and Bosox fans believe in curses. Oakland is just another place. Get there with rest in the playoffs, Buehrle> Zito Garland>Harden Garcia>>>Haren. Sox win.

Lot of good the hot streak did the Astros against the Cardinals last year. The best record in baseball does give you a pennant. Last I checked the Sox have 8 more wins than anyone in the AL. You just reminded me of all the crap I heard last year about the 2nd place Cubs, and how they were the most feared team in baseball and that they were going to run away with the Wild Card. So much for that.

Knucksie
08-09-2005, 04:48 PM
There's no award for 2 month hot streaks, or 2nd in your division either. The A's probably won't even make it to the playoffs. I can admit what teams are "On the same level" with the Sox. I don't think the A's are better than the Sox though, I welcome a series with them over a series with the Angels. Only Cubs fans and Bosox fans believe in curses. Oakland is just another place. Get there with rest in the playoffs, Buehrle> Zito Garland>Harden Garcia>>>Haren. Sox win.

Lot of good the hot streak did the Astros against the Cardinals last year. The best record in baseball does give you a pennant. Last I checked the Sox have 8 more wins than anyone in the AL. You just reminded me of all the crap I heard last year about the 2nd place Cubs, and how they were the most feared team in baseball and that they were going to run away with the Wild Card. So much for that.

In case you haven't checked the standings lately, the A's are curently tied for 1st in their division and have the 2nd best record in the AL. If they were to lose their division, they currently lead the WC by 3.5 games. I would say that probability is "probably" on their side to make the playoffs.

I don't care about curses. I never mentioned a curse nor did I mention the Flubs. You did. The fact is that the Sox have played the A's 6 times and are a dismal 1-5. Zito won two starts over Buehrle (one was a blow out). Garland is 1-1 in his starts which were both against Saarloos. Garcia got a no decision in his only start against the A's, a game the Sox lost (Haren was the starter for the A's and Street got the W). In the remaining game, Harden got the win and Contreras the loss. Welcome a series with them all you want and forget the curse crap. The fact is that the A's have beaten up on the Sox pretty good. Remember what the Mariners did to the Sox last time they were in the playoffs? Seattle was the hot team at the end of the year that year too.

Talking about current streaks, over their last 20 games, our beloved Sox are whopping 10-10 against the likes of Seattle, a sinking Baltimore, Kansas City, Detroit, Boston and the powerful Toronto Bluejays. That trend I hope stops because it bothers me.

The best record in baseball does give you a pennant? Since when. Did the BadSox of Beantown have the best record last year?

The thread was about the 5 best teams in baseball. Right now the Sox are not playing that way. I believe the A's are. Lets say the Sox win half of their remaining games. They would finish with about 97-98 wins, yet would only be .500 over their last 70 games. That may be good enough to finish with the best record but wouldn't make me too confident going into the playoffs.

In the meantime, I personally will not worry about the other teams and only enjoy the Sox season, hoping that they can turn it up another notch going into the playoffs.

FarWestChicago
08-09-2005, 05:26 PM
In case you haven't checked the standings lately, the A's are curently tied for 1st in their division and have the 2nd best record in the AL.Shut the **** up about your beloved A's or you're gonna get whacked. I do NOT like A's trolls.

Cowhead418
08-09-2005, 05:38 PM
In case you haven't checked the standings lately, the A's are curently tied for 1st in their division and have the 2nd best record in the AL. If they were to lose their division, they currently lead the WC by 3.5 games. I would say that probability is "probably" on their side to make the playoffs.

I don't care about curses. I never mentioned a curse nor did I mention the Flubs. You did. The fact is that the Sox have played the A's 6 times and are a dismal 1-5. Zito won two starts over Buehrle (one was a blow out). Garland is 1-1 in his starts which were both against Saarloos. Garcia got a no decision in his only start against the A's, a game the Sox lost (Haren was the starter for the A's and Street got the W). In the remaining game, Harden got the win and Contreras the loss. Welcome a series with them all you want and forget the curse crap. The fact is that the A's have beaten up on the Sox pretty good. Remember what the Mariners did to the Sox last time they were in the playoffs? Seattle was the hot team at the end of the year that year too.

Talking about current streaks, over their last 20 games, our beloved Sox are whopping 10-10 against the likes of Seattle, a sinking Baltimore, Kansas City, Detroit, Boston and the powerful Toronto Bluejays. That trend I hope stops because it bothers me.

The best record in baseball does give you a pennant? Since when. Did the BadSox of Beantown have the best record last year?

The thread was about the 5 best teams in baseball. Right now the Sox are not playing that way. I believe the A's are. Lets say the Sox win half of their remaining games. They would finish with about 97-98 wins, yet would only be .500 over their last 70 games. That may be good enough to finish with the best record but wouldn't make me too confident going into the playoffs.

In the meantime, I personally will not worry about the other teams and only enjoy the Sox season, hoping that they can turn it up another notch going into the playoffs.
Wow, just wow.:rolleyes: I'm sorry but the Sox will not go 162-0. They will not go through an entire season without having a bad stretch. So the Sox are 10-10 in their last 20 games? Who cares. And you say the A's are better because they are 7-2 (NOT 5-1) against our Sox? Last I checked, the Devil Rays have beat around the Yankees a lot this year and have a great record against them. So that must mean that the Devil Rays are better than the Yankees, right?:rolleyes:

balke
08-09-2005, 05:39 PM

Meh, I'll get back to you after the Angels v. A's series. Over the next 3 days, you'll see the A's put in their place. I deem their hot streak over.

There's no "right now" about it. The question is "are the Sox a top 5 team this season". And if you want to believe the A's are going to keep winning at this pace, and the Sox are going to stay at .500, by all means believe it. I'll stick to logic and believe in what I've seen all season, great baseball by a great all-around team.

A 2000 collapse can happen. Or, the A's can choke again like they do every season, and like they did last year. Anything can happen in the playoffs, but the last team I want to see is the Angels in the first round, especially if Escobar is going to be 100% when he comes back. Give me the A's Yanks, or Bosox before them.

Cards, White Sox, Angels, Braves, A's/Astros are the best 5-6 teams in baseball, pretty much in that order. If the Sox start actually LOSING, and not winning at a slightly lesser rate, perhaps my tune will change. But, this is the same group of guys who have done it all season. I'll take the Sox staff over the A's staff any day of the week, especially when Hunter Wendlestadt isn't handing out victories to the Beane-ballers. I'll also take our 1-2 hitters over just about anyone in the league. We're built for the playoffs.

Knucksie
08-09-2005, 05:58 PM
Shut the **** up about your beloved A's or you're gonna get whacked. I do NOT like A's trolls.

They aren't my "beloved A's." Watch your mouth.

Knucksie
08-09-2005, 06:03 PM
Wow, just wow.:rolleyes: I'm sorry but the Sox will not go 162-0. They will not go through an entire season without having a bad stretch. So the Sox are 10-10 in their last 20 games? Who cares. And you say the A's are better because they are 7-2 (NOT 5-1) against our Sox? Last I checked, the Devil Rays have beat around the Yankees a lot this year and have a great record against them. So that must mean that the Devil Rays are better than the Yankees, right?:rolleyes:

I don't expect the Sox to go 162-0. Yes, they are 10-10 over their last 20 games. That is a trend I hope doesn't continue. I'm not necessarily saying the A's are better, but I do believe they are 1) Playing better than the Sox right now. 2) Potentially one of the best 5 teams right now.

The comparison of the Devil Rays and Yankees is meaningless since thay can't meet in the post season and it is probably just an abnomality. I hope the Sox record against the A's is an abnomality as well.

SABRSox
08-09-2005, 08:49 PM
When did so many people posting on this site become so "flavor of the week?" I've said this time after time: the A's staff is full of young pitchers. Young pitchers hit the wall sometime in August or September. If they even make the playoffs, they will not be the same team. (And I'm not impressed by teams that run up 10+ runs on the Royals. Anyone can do that...)

As for ESPN, they are the kings of "flavor of the week" and that flavor is almost always Yankees, Red Sox, and Cubs. By now, especially if you post on this site, you know what you're getting from ESPN. We all know: mindless ex-ball players (one of whom a fat man with an obvious grudge toward the White Sox organization) that spew non-sensical crap that they've deduced from the microcosm of a week of baseball. When the A's lose 7 of their next 10, Kruk and Reynolds will say "Told you the A's weren't for real." But then as the White Sox win 7 of their next 10, they'll do a 180 and say they're a top 5 team in baseball. What do you expect from these "journalists?" Not journalism I hope, because you're far, far from it on ESPN, or any of it's other channels, magazines, or websites.

Soxzilla
08-09-2005, 10:06 PM

Not wise. If you want to stick around this fantastic website, I recommend you don't make enemies with moderators.

Just remember if it weren't for them, you wouldn't have this FREE space to chat with fellow sox fans.

cheeses_h_rice
08-10-2005, 12:17 AM
Uh oh.

Karl Ravetch, during tonight's home run recap on BB2Nite, says "Starting to see some empty seats at Wrigley...is that possible?"

Trouble a-brewing with the world's best fans? Shouldn't they be staying through at least the 6th inning, when the Nomar home run they showed was hit?

SoxFan78
08-10-2005, 12:22 AM
Yankee fans have to be pissed at BBTN, their highlights were 5th in order tonight, and there were only two plays shown. I wonder why that happened.

Oh yeah, they were playing the Chicago AL's.

But they can take comfort that because ESPN slighted them in coverage tonight, that Tony Womack got the #1 Web Gem. Makes sense, he plays in New York!

JermaineDye05
08-10-2005, 12:25 AM
I can't believe they didn't even see jose's great gm, they just skipped it

PAPChiSox729
08-10-2005, 01:03 AM

Not wise at all. This is going to be entertaining...

JB98
08-10-2005, 02:17 AM

<snipping most of your crap>

The least you can do is get your facts straight before you come on here trolling. The Sox are 2-7 against the A's. Garland has beaten them twice, both times in Oakland. One was a shutout where he outpitched Zito. Freddy has started twice against Oakland. He pitched eight innings of one-run ball the first time he faced them. We lost 2-1 in extra innings because Wendlestedt is a jackass. The "blowout" loss when Buerhle pitched against Zito was hardly Buerhle's fault. Mark gave up two earned runs. Buerhle's other loss to Zito was the result of a throwing error by Mark. You could watch the Sox for another 10 years and never see that happen again. Mostly fluke things and bad luck led to these losses.

I'm not intimidated in the least by your beloved A's. Come October, BRING 'EM OUT!!!!! No Billy Beane team has ever won jack s#$% in the playoffs, and this year will be no different.