PDA

View Full Version : A-Rod=Bush League

ChiSoxlukes
08-08-2005, 09:12 PM
Did anybody see what happened tonight? A-Rod's fly ball was caught by Jermaine Dye and he threw it to first to double up Sheffield, but A-Rod purposely walked into the ball. (He was already out and in fair play.) The play at first would have been close and maybe even an out. The umpires didn't make any call. Does anybody know the rule on this type of play? Regardless of the rules though, this is a Bush League play and A-Rod should leave it on the sandlot. It reminds me of "the big slap" that he tried to pull on Arroyo in the playoffs last year.

aMiTyViLL
08-08-2005, 09:14 PM
Dont you remember? The great A-rod saved a kid in new york !

whitesoxwilkes
08-08-2005, 09:16 PM

Doctor my eyyyyyyyyyyes...

:tealpolice

I_Liked_Manuel
08-08-2005, 09:35 PM

:tealpolice:

GiveMeSox
08-08-2005, 09:52 PM
Did anybody see what happened tonight? A-Rod's fly ball was caught by Jermaine Dye and he threw it to first to double up Sheffield, but A-Rod purposely walked into the ball. (He was already out and in fair play.) The play at first would have been close and maybe even an out. The umpires didn't make any call. Does anybody know the rule on this type of play? Regardless of the rules though, this is a Bush League play and A-Rod should leave it on the sandlot. It reminds me of "the big slap" that he tried to pull on Arroyo in the playoffs last year.

By rule he is out no matter what, there is no ump discretion or anything, hes out. I made a thread about it in the clubhouse with the exact rule.

buehrle4cy05
08-08-2005, 10:21 PM

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v655/shingotime10/my-eyes.jpg

CubKilla
08-09-2005, 01:55 AM

Same type of play as last year in the ALCS when he, literally, beeyatch slapped a ball out of the BOS 1B's glove trying to beat out an infield ground ball.

At least the ALCS umps got the call right :rolleyes: .

skobabe8
08-09-2005, 01:58 AM
Same type of play as last year in the ALCS when he, literally, beeyatch slapped a ball out of the BOS 1B's glove trying to beat out an infield ground ball.

At least the ALCS umps got the call right :rolleyes: .

Bronson Arroyo, I believe.

doublem23
08-09-2005, 02:25 AM
I don't know if it's Bush League as much as evidence that for all the media fawning over what a terrific guy A-Rod is, his baseball instincts away from home plate really aren't that great.

OEO Magglio
08-09-2005, 06:05 AM
I honestly don't think there is anything wrong with what he did. He saved his team an out, no? Sheff would have been out no matter what, he stood there and the ump blew the call, good play by arod imo. Pissed me off at the time but I don't see anything wrong with it.

Fredsox
08-09-2005, 07:31 AM
I honestly don't think there is anything wrong with what he did. He saved his team an out, no? Sheff would have been out no matter what, he stood there and the ump blew the call, good play by arod imo. Pissed me off at the time but I don't see anything wrong with it.

Exactly. Nothing but gamesmanship here. If we got away with that we'd all be talking about how savvy and cool our players, just like when Uribe deeked out that cub dude to keep him from going to 3rd. Let's stop inventing reasons why we lost last night or reasons why NY sucks.

fquaye149
08-09-2005, 08:26 AM
I wouldn't call him bush league. I think that's something I would have done :cool:. But honestly, if you want to blame anyone for that, blame Wendlestedt and crew.

Good God...if we get those stankers in the playoffs I will throw a bottle of Blatz at my wall:redface:

oeo
08-09-2005, 02:02 PM

Yeah, it pissed you off at the time, but if they would have capitalized on that and added a few more runs I think you would feel different. I'm not pissed about it anymore either, but that is only because we got Matsui out right afterwards.

Let's stop inventing reasons why we lost last night or reasons why NY sucks.

I don't think anyone was "inventing" reasons we lost...just pointing out that A-Rod is an ahole, which he is.

nug0hs
08-09-2005, 02:24 PM
ARod is a joke, but we should be more disappointed in the umpiring crew last night. Wendelstedt should have called ARod out immediately...he was the only one with jurisdiction on that play but he called for the assistance of the rest of the crew, which is not how the books describe the situation should be handled. Anyway, its one thing to make a cheap play like that, but the part that bothers me the most is that ARod gets away with it because of who he is...I guess I don't have much of a problem with it if you do it understanding of the consequences, but ARod does stuff like that KNOWING the consequences but not expecting any results because he is a CELEBRITY. We should be more disappointed in the umpiring crew (just like Hawk was)...in addition to the crappy calling behind the plate in which El Duque got NO close calls (he gave up 4 hits the whole time he was out there!) which definitely affected his game. Hopefully we will have smoother sailing tonight.

OEO Magglio
08-09-2005, 05:41 PM
Yeah, it pissed you off at the time, but if they would have capitalized on that and added a few more runs I think you would feel different. I'm not pissed about it anymore either, but that is only because we got Matsui out right afterwards.

I don't think anyone was "inventing" reasons we lost...just pointing out that A-Rod is an ahole, which he is.
No, no, I was pissed off at the play because the umpires are retarded, even if the Yankees scored I see no problem in what Arod did, he got away with it and gave his team another out, so call it bush league but it worked. This umpiring crew however is just bad, they're the one's who screwed up, not arod, imo.

Tadahito
08-09-2005, 05:48 PM
I honestly don't think there is anything wrong with what he did. He saved his team an out, no? Sheff would have been out no matter what, he stood there and the ump blew the call, good play by arod imo. Pissed me off at the time but I don't see anything wrong with it.:kukoo:

OEO Magglio
08-09-2005, 05:50 PM
:kukoo:
:dtroll:

TaylorStSox
08-09-2005, 05:52 PM
I don't think there's anything wrong with it either. Everyone breaks the rules. I'm not mad that he got away with it. It's the same thing as a deke IMO.