PDA

View Full Version : Brian Anderson

JermaineDye05
08-08-2005, 08:05 PM
I recently noticed that Brian Anderson is no longer on the 40 man roster, so does this mean he won't be called up in september, I really hope he gets back on it

JermaineDye05
08-08-2005, 08:08 PM
just to add to what I said, I also noticed big frank is still on the 40 man roster, will he be replaced by brian?

California Sox
08-08-2005, 08:10 PM
I recently noticed that Brian Anderson is no longer on the 40 man roster, so does this mean he won't be called up in september, I really hope he gets back on it

He was never on the 40 man. He does not have to be protected until this off season, so I imagine they'll add him to the roster right before bringing him up or if they don't bring him up in September, they'll add him within days of the end of the W.S.

Randar68
08-08-2005, 10:20 PM
He was never on the 40 man. He does not have to be protected until this off season, so I imagine they'll add him to the roster right before bringing him up or if they don't bring him up in September, they'll add him within days of the end of the W.S.

Likely to be added when rosters expand or shortly thereafter (when Charlotte season ends in early September) and has to be on the 40 in order to do so...

Ol' No. 2
08-08-2005, 10:29 PM
Frank Thomas is currently on the 15-day DL. He counts against the 40-man roster. Players on the 60-day DL do not count against the 40-man roster. Maybe they think there's an outside chance he could come back this year. Or maybe they just don't need the roster spot right now.

Edit: Or maybe they're using that DL slot as an extra space for the playoff roster.:cool: