PDA

View Full Version : Milkman traded to Texas

cheeses_h_rice
11-27-2001, 03:44 PM
http://www.chicagosports.com/whitesox/content/story/0,1984,168739,00.html

Doesn't say if we got anything decent in return, though.

harwar
11-27-2001, 03:52 PM
what a bummer,i always liked that guy.

Chisox_cali
11-27-2001, 03:56 PM
Keeping with the theme of getting players back Im sure we'll get Aaron Myette as our player to be named later

:rowand
"theres only room for one Aaron on this team!"

bringbackrobin
11-27-2001, 04:07 PM
I wouldn't be surprised. Only problem is, Myette's one of their best pitchers. Now that's scary.

Spiff
11-27-2001, 04:11 PM
John Hart got him back.

kermittheefrog
11-27-2001, 04:29 PM
Originally posted by cheeses_h_rice
http://www.chicagosports.com/whitesox/content/story/0,1984,168739,00.html

Doesn't say if we got anything decent in return, though.

This is one of those deals when two organizations just help eachother out a bit. Texas could use Perry to platoon with David Lamb until someone like Hank Blaylock or Mark Texeira is ready. The Sox will probably get a decent fringe prospect back that Texas doesnt' have room for on their 40 man or someone really young.

duke of dorwood
11-27-2001, 07:16 PM
Maybe they have another

:hitless

to unload

Spiff
11-27-2001, 07:26 PM
Originally posted by duke of dorwood
Maybe they have another

:hitless

to unload

Cross your fingers!

Daver
11-27-2001, 07:30 PM
Originally posted by kermittheefrog

This is one of those deals when two organizations just help eachother out a bit. Texas could use Perry to platoon with David Lamb until someone like Hank Blaylock or Mark Texeira is ready. The Sox will probably get a decent fringe prospect back that Texas doesnt' have room for on their 40 man or someone really young.

This is probably a performance based trade,with the player to be named dependent on Herbet's performance with the Rangers,John Hart has a history in making trades like that.

But then again what the hell do I know?

beausox
11-27-2001, 08:14 PM
The guy I would like us to to get in return for Herbert is a right-handed pitcher named Danny Kolb. He is 27, but lost two years to Tommy John Surgery, he has got a great live arm. He was the Rangers top prosepct in 1997. He was kinda up and down between the Rangers and Oklahoma City last year. The Rangers do like him though so they might not be willing to give him up.

Daver
11-27-2001, 08:31 PM
Originally posted by beausox
The guy I would like us to to get in return for Herbert is a right-handed pitcher named Danny Kolb. He is 27, but lost two years to Tommy John Surgery, he has got a great live arm. He was the Rangers top prosepct in 1997. He was kinda up and down between the Rangers and Oklahoma City last year. The Rangers do like him though so they might not be willing to give him up.

I seriously doubt that the Rangers will give up much of anything in the pitching dept.

But then again what the hell do i know?

kermittheefrog
11-27-2001, 08:35 PM
Originally posted by daver

This is probably a performance based trade,with the player to be named dependent on Herbet's performance with the Rangers,John Hart has a history in making trades like that.

I doubt it Daver. Seems like the Sox were gonna non-tender Perry and the Rangers swooped in to take him before he reached the open market. It's probably a PTBNL deal because they couldn't decide on a player yet or because the Rangers could still lose Perry if he declines their offer in arbitration or both.

Jerry_Manuel
11-27-2001, 08:40 PM
It's probably a PTBNL deal because they couldn't decide on a player yet or because the Rangers could still lose Perry if he declines their offer in arbitration or both.

You are correct, once again the PTBNL.

Daver
11-27-2001, 08:41 PM

I doubt it Daver. Seems like the Sox were gonna non-tender Perry and the Rangers swooped in to take him before he reached the open market. It's probably a PTBNL deal because they couldn't decide on a player yet or because the Rangers could still lose Perry if he declines their offer in arbitration or both.

Note that I mentioned John Harts history in that post,the Sox could have signed Perry for a slight increase and he would have done it,but instead he gets dealt,because the Sox don't need him and will use the opprtunity to get something in return for him,on their terms.

LongDistanceFan
11-28-2001, 12:36 AM
Originally posted by beausox
The guy I would like us to to get in return for Herbert is a right-handed pitcher named Danny Kolb. He is 27, but lost two years to Tommy John Surgery, he has got a great live arm. He was the Rangers top prosepct in 1997. He was kinda up and down between the Rangers and Oklahoma City last year. The Rangers do like him though so they might not be willing to give him up. the sox should've sweeten the deal by giving a couple of mid level pict prospects and gone after either carlos pena or keven mench..........

so much for my pipe dream.

ihatethecubs
11-28-2001, 02:15 AM
i love herbert perry this sucks that hes gone he wasnt even given a chance this past year. but oh well i knew he was a goner im just glad he didnt end up on the cubs or the tribe. i couldnt stand seeing him play for either one of those teams.

GASHWOUND
11-28-2001, 02:36 AM
Originally posted by ihatethecubs
i love herbert perry this sucks that hes gone he wasnt even given a chance this past year. but oh well i knew he was a goner im just glad he didnt end up on the cubs or the tribe. i couldnt stand seeing him play for either one of those teams.

Perry was a team player, but we need to give Crede a chance so adios Milkman.

PaleHoseGeorge
11-28-2001, 09:17 AM
Originally posted by GASHWOUND
Perry was a team player, but we need to give Crede a chance so adios Milkman.

That's the problem, Gash. Crede won't get a chance. Trading Perry solves nothing because KW still can't dump Royce Clayton. He admitted (again) that he's trying to trade the loser, but nobody will deal for him. Hal wrote about it on the main page.

That means Clayton is right back at shortstop with Manuel left searching for a place to play Valentin. Just like last year, it will be third base.

Crede rots while KW puts the boss's $4 million investment on the field. You didn't see them hesitate to run Julio Ramirez and his major league minimum salary off the team, did you?

Next year is shaping up to be a disaster.

LongDistanceFan
11-28-2001, 12:54 PM
Originally posted by PaleHoseGeorge

That's the problem, Gash. Crede won't get a chance. Trading Perry solves nothing because KW still can't dump Royce Clayton. He admitted (again) that he's trying to trade the loser, but nobody will deal for him. Hal wrote about it on the main page.

That means Clayton is right back at shortstop with Manuel left searching for a place to play Valentin. Just like last year, it will be third base.

Crede rots while KW puts the boss's $4 million investment on the field. You didn't see them hesitate to run Julio Ramirez and his major league minimum salary off the team, did you?

Next year is shaping up to be a disaster. in addition to that is KW or was it JM statment that jeff or someone was going to see time at 3b.

Foulke You
11-28-2001, 03:14 PM
The Sun-Times reported today that Crede, Valentin, and Liefer will battle for playing time at 3B. UGH! Isn't it great that the player that is less talented than these 3 gets his SS spot locked up unless we can trade him? If we keep Royce, he better be 2nd half Royce all friggin' year!

By the way, I'll take Ivan Rodriguez as the player to be named...

doublem23
11-28-2001, 07:52 PM
Originally posted by PaleHoseGeorge
Next year is shaping up to be a disaster.

Boy, there's the Sox fan's motto if I ever heard one.

Tragg
11-29-2001, 12:06 AM
Perhaps we could make it an inverse trade. Instead of getting a player in return, they agree to take back royce clayton.

doublem23
11-29-2001, 12:12 AM
Originally posted by Tragg
Perhaps we could make it an inverse trade. Instead of getting a player in return, they agree to take back royce clayton.

Or maybe Reinsy could just cut the bastard and tell Sox fans that he realizes he made a mistake, but he's committed to winning...

:reinsy
Not until you show up at the park...

OKCSoxFan
12-03-2001, 07:50 PM
Maybe this is our chance to get Scottie Fletcher back. FINALLY ... after all these years.