PDA

View Full Version : Carl Everett...When will he be back?

chisoxfanatic
08-08-2005, 04:59 PM
Game reports after the Toronto series stated that Everett would be back after 2-3 games (basically missing the Seattle series). After checking out the lineup, Timo is in as our DH. I don't wanna have to rely on Timo to be DHing for too long...It just scares me.

Has anyone heard anything with regards to when Everett could be returning?

BeviBall!
08-08-2005, 05:01 PM
Out tonight... most likely in tomorrow.

He gone
08-08-2005, 05:49 PM
Timo as a DH :o: Joe Crede as a DH :o: I think I'd rather see Hernadez bat for himself :cool:

mr_genius
08-08-2005, 06:07 PM
These kind of injuries have a tendency to linger

they're probably just not willing to take any chances on him injuring it any further and waiting for it to heal fully. If these were playoff games Carl would probably be in today or tomorrow.

Sargeant79
08-08-2005, 07:31 PM
Given where we are at in the season, I think it's most important for Carl to be healthy during the stretch drive and into the post-season. Let him sit as long as he needs until he is 100%. I wouldn't be at all disappointed to see Carl on the DL even if it will ensure that he'll be healthy in October, even if that means Timo Perez at DH for a couple weeks.

buehrle4cy05
08-08-2005, 07:35 PM
Definetly make sure Carl's 100% before he comes back to the lineup. Same thing with Scotty, we gotta hve him fresh for the playoffs. A little rest can't hurt anyway.

Ol' No. 2
08-08-2005, 09:44 PM
Given where we are at in the season, I think it's most important for Carl to be healthy during the stretch drive and into the post-season. Let him sit as long as he needs until he is 100%. I wouldn't be at all disappointed to see Carl on the DL even if it will ensure that he'll be healthy in October, even if that means Timo Perez at DH for a couple weeks.They should have put him on the DL right away. I'd be for calling up Gload, but even Joe Borchard would be an improvement over Timo Perez.

mrwag
08-09-2005, 08:00 AM
They should have put him on the DL right away. I'd be for calling up Gload, but even Joe Borchard would be an improvement over Timo Perez.
Amen on that. Seeing someone with Timo's average playing DH is not a good way to win games.

He gone
08-09-2005, 08:51 AM
I'd be for calling up Gload, but even Joe Borchard would be an improvement over Timo Perez. At least Joe has power. What does Timo have 2 HRs????????? His 2 for 4 performance last night lifted his average to about .225 :o:

white sox bill
08-09-2005, 10:34 AM
Given where we are at in the season, I think it's most important for Carl to be healthy during the stretch drive and into the post-season. Let him sit as long as he needs until he is 100%. I wouldn't be at all disappointed to see Carl on the DL even if it will ensure that he'll be healthy in October, even if that means Timo Perez at DH for a couple weeks.

Agreed, we have the luxury of huge lead....leave crazy carl out a few more days for insurance. Same w/Pods

kevingrt
08-09-2005, 10:38 AM
In Monday's Trib, Ozzie was quoted as saying if he's good for today he'll start tomorrow. If he's good for Tuesday we'll start him Wednesday. As many of you know Ozzie always gives the players an extra day off from what the player himself thinks. So I'm thinking Carl should be in the lineup today. Hopefully he'll add a needed punch to this lineup and we cna score more then five runs.