PDA

View Full Version : On the Road - 20 games over .500

Frater Perdurabo
08-08-2005, 02:33 PM
Some question why the Sox seem to play better on the road than at home. The truth is that they have played exceptionally well at home (36-22) AND on the road (36-16).

For purposes of comparison, only the Cardinals (33-18) are close while only Boston, Cleveland and the Angels have winning road records besides the Sox and Cards. (Florida, Arizona and Oakland are .500 on the road.) (As a side note, the fact that only one NL team has a winning record on the road is yet another indication that the AL has many more superior teams.)

This is not an invitation for dark cloud brooding. Instead, let's discuss why the Sox are an incredible 20 games over .500 on the road!

In addition to being a great team (the best Sox team I've ever seen so far), my theory is that Ozzie keeps the team simultaneously relaxed and focused, but I invite other theories and explanations.

:supernana:

Paulwny
08-08-2005, 02:50 PM
I'll take a shot, FWIW, less pressure on the road, lately larger crowds at the Cell might have some players trying to do more then their capable of doing. Agree, they still have a good/great home record.

miker
08-08-2005, 03:38 PM
Thanks to Podsednik and Iguchi we have put up a lot of first inning runs this year and on the road you get first at bat.

In any sport, it's better to strike first then to play catch up.

my5thbench
08-08-2005, 04:54 PM
the home record is plenty good enough, palying a few games over 500 on the

road & the record would be nice....this year's road record is unexplainable,

just plai great & makes likely the Sox will have their best record ever