PDA

View Full Version : Rowand's Catch

Pasqua's Posers
08-08-2005, 10:57 AM
Since I was at work "watching" the game on Gameday, I did not get to see his grab. Does anyone have video of it that they can post a link to so I may enjoy it? Thanks and Go Sox...

:dtroll:

MisterB
08-08-2005, 11:01 AM
Since I was at work "watching" the game on Gameday, I did not get to see his grab. Does anyone have video of it that they can post a link to so I may enjoy it? Thanks and Go Sox...

:dtroll:

http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/index.jsp?c_id=cws

Look under 'More Sights and Sounds'.

BigEdWalsh
08-08-2005, 11:07 AM
It took awhile. At the time I told my son that there would be a thread called Rowand's Catch. But shouldn't it be Rowand's Catch II?? Or Rowand's CatchIII?

Anyway it was an awesome game saving catch. :D:

ode to veeck
08-08-2005, 12:52 PM
Defensive play of the day by Crash for sure there

VenturaFan23
08-08-2005, 12:59 PM
Did anyone else find that play very similar to his commercial of "win or die trying"? I kept waiting for the devil to appear :D:

RavenswoodFan
08-08-2005, 01:02 PM
A Row is awesome!!!!!!:smile:

PatK
08-08-2005, 01:20 PM
Was anyone else scared ****less when Aaron hit the ground and just layed there for a sec?

BigEdWalsh
08-08-2005, 01:26 PM
Was anyone else scared ****less when Aaron hit the ground and just layed there for a sec?

No. Honestly, he's "Crash" Rowand, it didn't occur to me for even a split second that he wouldn't get up and trot back to the dugout.

HawkDJ
08-08-2005, 03:07 PM
Did anyone else find that play very similar to his commercial of "win or die trying"? I kept waiting for the devil to appear :D:

I was wondering if he was visiting the devil while he was lying motionless for a while.

soxrme
08-08-2005, 03:24 PM
We were just talking about this at lunch today. It was just like the commercial :gulp: :gulp: :gulp:

TornLabrum
08-08-2005, 03:30 PM
That was the second terrific catch in less than a week by a Sox outfielder going into the fence. Podsednik had one that had me equally worried for a split second after he crashed into the fence face first Tuesday night. Ya gotta love outfielders who do that, but it's scary.

fusillirob1983
08-08-2005, 03:33 PM
We were just talking about this at lunch today. It was just like the commercial :gulp: :gulp: :gulp:

I said the same thing to my brother last night.

jehosaphat
08-08-2005, 03:54 PM

After the play, when they went to commercial break, they showed a highlight of the pay with this "halo effect" on his body. Too bad they didn't play that lame devil commercial!

While we are on the subject of Rowand, he is underrated IMO precisely because he is the type of outfielder who makes these type of plays. When the Ken Griffey Jr. trades were buzzing around, I was concerned about what they would do with Rowand. Nothing against Griffey Jr. (he was among the greatest in his prime) but Rowand is as good if not better than Griffey Jr. today, and he is going to be better than Griffey Jr. over the next five years. Rowand is not only more durable, but he is going to get better whereas I think Griffey Jr.'s best days are behind him. We certainly wouldn't start Griffey Jr. over Posednik, and I'm not sure he's an upgrade over Dye. So, I was pleased that the White Sox stood pat. Long story short, the Sox were wise not to interfer with the continued growth and emergence of Aaron Rowand. I'd like to see him as our centerfielder for years to come; he is the consumate Ozzieball type of player.

harwar
08-08-2005, 04:16 PM
Yea,it looks like crash is back.
I have been waiting a long time for the White Sox to get a top-notch center fielder.
I have been holding back on giving him my full support because i just wasn't sure about him.
Well,no longer.Its plays like that,that make us a great team.
The fact that Aaron was able to make that catch shows what a tremendous athlete he really is because he was a little out of position.
I love CF more than any other position because thats where i played in school and i for one hope that he never backs off of his aggressive style of play.
Go get em big guy!!!

kevingrt
08-09-2005, 10:44 AM
This kid is amazing. Along with the game saving catch he has two awesome catches at Yankee stadium. A-Row is for real at the dish and on the field. He is going to be an all star for years to come.

Rooney4Prez56
08-09-2005, 03:39 PM

He did. He got the save.

ode to veeck
08-09-2005, 05:24 PM
No. Honestly, he's "Crash" Rowand, it didn't occur to me for even a split second that he wouldn't get up and trot back to the dugout.

Exactly my thoughts watching the play ... Aaron's got a built-in Bell Star on his neck