PDA

View Full Version : Goat Patties... Get your fresh grilled Goat Patties...

cheeses_h_rice
08-08-2005, 11:16 AM
On WSCR, I just heard a commercial for a company selling "goat patties" to help "beat the (Cubs) curse." Their motto was "In order to beat the curse, you have to eat the curse."

Yes, they're trying to peddle GOAT MEAT to gullible Baby Bear fans.

I was waiting for the punchline, but it never arrived. Apparently this is a real company.

:thankgod

ChiWhiteSox1337
08-08-2005, 11:19 AM
Yuck. Did they mention a price? I'm sure the company will make a ton of money either way though...

CubKilla
08-08-2005, 11:23 AM
I heard it too. Pathetic really. But the sad part is, the person with this idea will probably make a mint.

Maybe a Sox fan can market real goat whizz to down their goat patties with.

dcb33
08-08-2005, 11:26 AM
I heard it too. Pathetic really. But the sad part is, the person with this idea will probably make a mint.

Maybe a Sox fan can market real goat whizz to down their goat patties with.

Unfortunately, Old Style has already beat you to that idea.

voodoochile
08-08-2005, 11:41 AM
I wonder how long until the Cubbie Bear adds goat burgers to the menu...

Stroker Ace
08-08-2005, 11:45 AM
I bet a non-flub fan thought of this when he realized how dumb and gullible the north siders are.

SOXPHILE
08-08-2005, 11:45 AM
I'm just mad I didn't think of this myself. Drive out to a petting zoo somewhere, plunk down, what, 50 bucks for some old goat ? Then, cook it up and serve it in small portions to Cub fans for 20 bucks a plate ? Win win situation. The morons think they're "breaking the curse", and I take their money.

CubKilla
08-08-2005, 11:47 AM
Unfortunately, Old Style has already beat you to that idea.

:gulp: :gulp: :gulp: :gulp: :gulp:

Baby Fisk
08-08-2005, 12:15 PM
Too bad all the cowhide spaghetti sauce is long gone.

miker
08-08-2005, 12:19 PM
Yet another reason why I'm glad I'm not a Cubbie fan: I won't fall for crap like this!

MsSoxVixen22
08-08-2005, 12:22 PM
Thats so damn disgusting! Leave it up to the North side to come up with B.S. like that. The sad thing is, Cub fans will actually eat them! Oh wait...no its not!:redneck

Iwritecode
08-08-2005, 12:30 PM
Isn't this the 1,524,348 time they've tried to "break" the billy goat curse?

DumpJerry
08-08-2005, 12:34 PM
Poor babies. After this year's debacle (the Sox kicking butt combined with the Flubs' kicking the can), they will concoct a million new curses. Great marketing opportunities for Sox fans to cash in on!

Tragg
08-08-2005, 12:36 PM
I don't blame the company for trying to cash in on cubbie stupidity.

Baby Fisk
08-08-2005, 12:38 PM
I don't blame the company for trying to cash in on cubbie stupidity.
Good point. Cubbie fans are a marketer's dream. Money doesn't fall from trees, but Flub fans will part with it soon enough if you give them the slightest reason to. I'm envious in a way.

TomBradley72
08-08-2005, 01:07 PM
The ultimate Cubbie experience:

standing on a roof across the street from your ballpark, eating a goat burger, listening to Ronnie on the radio, while your team loses....again.

Dick Allen
08-08-2005, 01:16 PM
The ultimate Cubbie experience:

standing on a roof across the street from your ballpark, eating a goat burger, listening to Ronnie on the radio, while your team loses....again.You forgot to add "not actually watching the game".:redneck

voodoochile
08-08-2005, 02:07 PM
If they made this a food choice at Wrigley, it would not only improve the cullinary offering but probably the smell of the place too...

"we couldn't find Bartman and there hasn't been a baseball that mattered in a couple of years, so we blew up a goat instead and now you can have a bite..."

PatK
08-08-2005, 02:23 PM
Technically, shouldn't they be eating Bill Sianis?

zach23
08-08-2005, 02:26 PM
Someone needs to convince them that the only way to break the curse is to blow up Wrigley and move the team to Montana to start over.

Optipessimism
08-08-2005, 02:41 PM
On WSCR, I just heard a commercial for a company selling "goat patties" to help "beat the (Cubs) curse." Their motto was "In order to beat the curse, you have to eat the curse."

Yes, they're trying to peddle GOAT MEAT to gullible Baby Bear fans.

I was waiting for the punchline, but it never arrived. Apparently this is a real company.

Good. I hope the Goatburgers are full of shards of metal from all the tin cans that goats eat.

bestkosher
08-09-2005, 11:01 AM
On the score this morning, I heard one of the worst commercials. It was for goat patties. It was saying "to be the curse you have to eat the curse." Now I am not into cannabalism, although there is nothing wrong with that, eating Dusty Baker burgers sickens me. But seriously, they were taking about selling goat patties. The commercial was the biggest pile of goat feces I heard in quite a while.

cheeses_h_rice
08-09-2005, 11:03 AM
Dude, what's the score? (http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=55718)

slavko
08-09-2005, 06:28 PM
Technically, shouldn't they be eating Bill Sianis?

The words of a true logician. :redneck That was deeper than it looks on the surface.

Vernam
08-09-2005, 07:32 PM
Hey, don't knock the goat 'til you've tried it. Goat roasts are a fine Southern tradition, and it ain't half bad with barbecue sauce slathered on. :redneck

I'm wishing ol' Bill Sianis had tried bringing a stack of poo into the '45 World Series, because right now we'd be enjoying WSCR commercials for poo burgers.

VC

Ol' No. 2
08-09-2005, 11:58 PM
Hey, don't knock the goat 'til you've tried it. Goat roasts are a fine Southern tradition, and it ain't half bad with barbecue sauce slathered on. :redneck

I'm wishing ol' Bill Sianis had tried bringing a stack of poo into the '45 World Series, because right now we'd be enjoying WSCR commercials for poo burgers.

VCMmmm....Cabrito al pastore.....

slavko
08-10-2005, 12:18 AM
Mmmm....Cabrito al pastore.....

Have enjoyed the same in Morelos.

Hangar18
08-10-2005, 02:14 PM
Good point. Cubbie fans are a marketer's dream. Money doesn't fall from trees, but Flub fans will part with it soon enough if you give them the slightest reason to. I'm envious in a way.

Why do you think theyre known as the Dumbest Fans in Baseball