PDA

View Full Version : Song Suggestion for Between Innings...

DrCrawdad
08-08-2005, 10:36 AM
Here's a suggestion for an in-between innings song for the Sox. It's "Clap Your Hands" (http://home.mindspring.com/~dcrosby101/Clap%20Your%20Hands.mp3) by They Might Be Giants from their album "NO."

Thoughts?

zach23
08-08-2005, 10:37 AM
Here's a suggestion for an between innings song for the Sox. It's "Clap Your Hands" (http://home.mindspring.com/~dcrosby101/Clap%20Your%20Hands.mp3) by They Might Be Giants from their album "NO."

Thoughts?

TMBG is the greateset band ever. Period. :cool:

DrCrawdad
08-08-2005, 10:45 AM

The song is quick, the words are simple and it's got a good beat and you can dance to it. I'll give it a 9!

skottyj242
08-08-2005, 10:51 AM
I personally have been loving the huge crowds at Comiskey keep singing "Living on a Prayer" after the bottom of the 8th.

pinwheels3530
08-08-2005, 10:56 AM
The whole version of "Na Na Hey Hey" played after "take me out to the ball game" to get the whole crowd singing.

BigEdWalsh
08-08-2005, 11:05 AM
I think that's a great choice. It's perfect.

That being said, go ahead call me old fashioned, I'd rather just hear absolutely anything by Nancy Faust.

cbone
08-08-2005, 11:23 AM
Will it get them to stop playing DAY-O? That does absolutley nothing for me.

TornLabrum
08-08-2005, 11:31 AM
Will it get them to stop playing DAY-O? That does absolutley nothing for me.

I wonder if Harry Belafonte gets a royalty every time they play that....

The other night I asked Jeff when he thought the Sox would start using Sponge Bob Square Pants in rally situations like they do in several minor league parks.

He asked, "What with that, anyway?"

I had to answer, "I have no idea."

Any ideas?

spiffie
08-08-2005, 11:34 AM
I personally have been loving the huge crowds at Comiskey keep singing "Living on a Prayer" after the bottom of the 8th.
That has been a hoot. Also, they were playing Bon Jovi after the game on Sunday.

TornLabrum
08-08-2005, 11:56 AM
I'd like to hear "Go Sox" by Pell Mell and the Bleacher Boys.

Stroker Ace
08-08-2005, 12:12 PM
For Whom the Bell Tolls by Metallica going into the ninth as the Sox lead.

TDog
08-08-2005, 12:22 PM
I wonder if Harry Belafonte gets a royalty every time they play that....

As I understand the current rules, royalties kick in after 20 seconds. I'm not quite sure who gets the royalties. Many people don't own their work. Paul McCartney owns the rights to "On Wisconsin" but Michael Jackson owns the rights to some Lennon and McCartney songs, unless he sold them to pay legal fees.

My ideal between-innings music would be just about anything done by Nancy Faust.

A_ROW33
08-08-2005, 12:24 PM
I like the clap your hands idea. :bandance:

although I don't want this song played, every time I see Joe Crede I think of the parody of James Brown's Living in America called Living with a Hernia...

Iwritecode
08-08-2005, 12:28 PM
I like the clap your hands idea. :bandance:

although I don't want this song played, every time I see Joe Crede I think of the parody of James Brown's Living in America called Living with a Hernia...

I luv Weird Al. :cool:

LuvSox
08-08-2005, 01:12 PM

TMBD---They Might Be Disney

http://www.chartattack.com/damn/2004/09/2107.cfm

Realist
08-08-2005, 01:24 PM

Ugh. The only thing worse than Bon Jovi singing that song is having people singing it along with him. It breaks my heart when I hear Sox fans singing that song.

BigEdWalsh
08-08-2005, 01:28 PM
Ugh. The only thing worse than Bon Jovi singing that song is having people singing it along with him. It breaks my heart when I hear Sox fans singing that song.

Thank you. I'm not alone on this one. I don't even know the song, but I know this: Bon Jovi blows.

robiwho
08-08-2005, 05:53 PM
Here's a suggestion for an in-between innings song for the Sox. It's "Clap Your Hands" (http://home.mindspring.com/~dcrosby101/Clap%20Your%20Hands.mp3) by They Might Be Giants from their album "NO."

Strangely enough, "Clap Your Hands" just came up on my iPod a few minutes ago. "No" is my six-year-old son's favorite CD right now, so I've been hearing it a lot lately.

Fun choice.

DrCrawdad
08-09-2005, 08:35 AM
Strangely enough, "Clap Your Hands" just came up on my iPod a few minutes ago. "No" is my six-year-old son's favorite CD right now, so I've been hearing it a lot lately.

Fun choice.

Yeah, my kids love the tune too! I've been a fan of TMBG since Flood, so I enjoy the tune Clap as well.

Chez
08-09-2005, 12:08 PM
TMBG is a great band. I've always thought "Southside" by Moby would be a natural at Sox games.

Stroker Ace
08-09-2005, 01:12 PM
I've always thought "Southside" by Moby would be a natural at Sox games.Moby played at a Sox game?:?:

downstairs
08-09-2005, 02:53 PM
As I understand the current rules, royalties kick in after 20 seconds.

Actually, I think its just lesser royalties at certain points. I believe you always get royalities of SOME sort no matter how much is played.

EastCoastSoxFan
08-09-2005, 02:57 PM

Thoughts?
Not to get too far off-topic, but if I had a dollar for every time they played the hand-clap introduction to "At the Carwash" when I was at Camden Yards, I could've bought season tickets.
So I guess anything other than "At the Carwash" or the two seconds of "Day-O" would be okay...

shoota
08-09-2005, 03:24 PM
I have a suggestion to play when Pods is on first base. Remember that song, Go, Go Godzilla that was eventually remade in WCW wrestling for Dennis Rodman? How about remake it to Go Go Podzilla, since some have nicknamed Podsednik, "Podzilla" and the "Go, Go" refers to go steal a base.