PDA

View Full Version : Describe your perfect ending to this season

Iwritecode
08-08-2005, 09:24 AM
For some reason the "would you cry" thread got me thinking about this. Just wondering if everyone could describe it. Of course we are all going to want it to end it with Sox winning the Championship but... Who would it be against? Would you want it to be an easy 4-game sweep or a dramatic walk-off homerun in the bottom of the 9th in game 7?

I've thought about it and I'd like it to be against the Cardinals just so to see all the northsiders squirm. Plus it's close enough that we could all travel down for the road games. :cool:

As much as I'd love a 4-game sweep, I'd want them to finish it at home so I guess it would have to be in game 6. I don't know if I'd be able to hold out for a dramatic win so I'd want them to have an "easy" win. Something like 5-1 or 6-2 where they are leading the entire game and the team is starting the celebrations by the bottom of the 8th. Have Hermanson come in and K the last guy and let the dogpile begin on the infield grass. That would be perfect.

:)

Tekijawa
08-08-2005, 09:28 AM
I can't there are Children who view this site... Plus my wife and I would probably get arested for "being" at home plate in game 7 in the bottom of the 9th as Scotty Pods steals home on Jason isringhausen.

Iwritecode
08-08-2005, 09:30 AM
I can't there are Children who view this site... Plus my wife and I would probably get arested for "being" at home plate in game 7 in the bottom of the 9th as Scotty Pods steals home on Jason isringhausen.

OK, I should've said a "realistic" perfect ending... :rolleyes:

RedHeadPaleHoser
08-08-2005, 09:32 AM
Game 6 victory, at home, against the Cards, 5-2 victory, Big Frank coming off the bench in a pinch hitter role driving in the winning 3rd run. The whole team votes him MVP.

On a side note - we've talked in different threads about uni changes, Chicago flag patches, etc....I'd like to see the team wear a 35 patch when the magic # gets to 35...and wear it for the rest of the season. How cool would that be?

spiffie
08-08-2005, 09:33 AM
Tie game, bottom 10th, game 7. Been tied since the 6th when we tied it up on a 2 run HR by Pierzynski. 8th inning 3 up 3 down by Jenks. 9th inning 3 up 3 down by Cotts and Pollite. 10th inning Hermanson fights out of a jam with no runs. Podsednik leads off the 10th with a bunt single. He steals second. Iguchi moves him over with a soft grounder to first. Rowand lofts a long sac fly to LF, Pods makes it in, the celebrations begin as we win with a textbook Ozzieball ending.

Should this whole thread be in deep pink?

SoxFan78
08-08-2005, 09:36 AM
Tie game, bottom 10th, game 7. Been tied since the 6th when we tied it up on a 2 run HR by Pierzynski. 8th inning 3 up 3 down by Jenks. 9th inning 3 up 3 down by Cotts and Pollite. 10th inning Hermanson fights out of a jam with no runs. Podsednik leads off the 10th with a bunt single. He steals second. Iguchi moves him over with a soft grounder to first. Rowand lofts a long sac fly to LF, Pods makes it in, the celebrations begin as we win with a textbook Ozzieball ending.

If the game went this way, I probably wouldnt be able to make it through the 10th, because i would of passed away from a heart attack in the bottom of the 9th.

And im only 26!

cheeses_h_rice
08-08-2005, 09:41 AM
Game 1 - Sox 3, Braves 2
Game 2 - Braves 2, Sox 1
Game 3 - Sox 2, Braves 0
Game 4 - Braves 3, Sox 2
Game 5 - Sox 1, Braves 0
Game 6 - Braves 4, Sox 3
Game 7 - Sox 1, Braves 0

Best world series ever.

mantis1212
08-08-2005, 09:54 AM
The Big Hurt coming off the bench Gibson-style and hitting it out of the park to win the whole f****** thing.

How can you beat that?

MarySwiss
08-08-2005, 10:01 AM
Not going to happen (probably) but I want them to play the D'Backs because then I will be at BOB for at least one game, probably both.

HOWEVER, no matter who they play, I emphatically don't want it to go 7 games. Lived through that in 2001, and if that was nerve-wracking--and it was--this would be 1,000 times worse! Five games at most (with Sox winning, of course!) On a walk-off homer by Paul Konerko. Or better yet, Scott Podsednik. :rolleyes:

RKMeibalane
08-08-2005, 10:03 AM
The Big Hurt coming off the bench Gibson-style and hitting it out of the park to win the whole f****** thing.

How can you beat that?

Ditto. I'm convinced that's what's going to happen. Just watch.

CHISOXFAN13
08-08-2005, 10:09 AM
Game 1 - Sox 3, Braves 2
Game 2 - Braves 2, Sox 1
Game 3 - Sox 2, Braves 0
Game 4 - Braves 3, Sox 2
Game 5 - Sox 1, Braves 0
Game 6 - Braves 4, Sox 3
Game 7 - Sox 1, Braves 0

Best world series ever.

You obviously don't have high blood pressure or heart issues :D:

That would kill me!

eastchicagosoxfan
08-08-2005, 10:13 AM
I'll take a four game sweep over ESPN Boston in the ALSC, followed by a sweep of ESPN Atlanta. When it's over, I want there to be no doubts, or woulda, shoulda, coulda. They opposition never stood a chance.

cbone
08-08-2005, 10:16 AM

What he said.

Baby Fisk
08-08-2005, 10:20 AM

How can you beat that?
I lie awake at night imagining this very thing. Game 7, USCF, bases loaded and Isringhausen trying to hold it together for the Cards. Big Hurt gimps to the plate. A walk ties the game and there's no place to put him. So Isringhausen tries to paint the corners. All to no avail. After a mind-destroying 18 pitch at-bat, he hangs a dud right there, right where Frank loves it. BAM! Everyone knows it the minute the ball leaves the bat. Somehow there's 50,000 people crammed into USCF -- but they all go absolutely bananas (:bandance: ).

Frank hobbles around the bases, his face beaming with delight. He feels no pain, only the collective ecstacy of every living Sox fan who has just been released from baseball purgatory. 10 minutes of nonstop fireworks. A phone call from the Mayor triggers the air raid sirens for the first time since 1959. It's over, it's finally over. THE WHITE SOX ARE WORLD CHAMPIONS AGAIN.

:fans :dinger :winner

*breaks into a sweat*

mercy...

downstairs
08-08-2005, 10:25 AM
Game 1 - Sox 3, Braves 2
Game 2 - Braves 2, Sox 1
Game 3 - Sox 2, Braves 0
Game 4 - Braves 3, Sox 2
Game 5 - Sox 1, Braves 0
Game 6 - Braves 4, Sox 3
Game 7 - Sox 1, Braves 0

Best world series ever.

Game 1 - Sox 15, Cards 0 (No hitter, Garland)

Game 2 - Sox 22, Cards 0 (No hitter, Burlymon)

Game 3 - Sox 9, Cards 0 (No hitter, Garcia)

Game 4 - Sox 1, Cards 0 (No hitter, El Duque)

Hagan
08-08-2005, 10:50 AM
3-2 With 2 outs and one man on in the bottom of the 9th Raul Cassanova steps up to bat and hits a home run to win the game.

Stroker Ace
08-08-2005, 11:10 AM
Game 1- Sox 23, NL victim 0

Game 2- Sox 32, NL victm 0
Game 3- Sox 58, NL victim 0
Game 4- NL victim forefits as Sox take 19-0 lead in the 1st.

All are no hitters.

PAPChiSox729
08-08-2005, 11:11 AM
In a 20 inning Game 7, Paul Konerko legs out a 2-out bunt single allowing Timo Perez to score from 3rd as the White Sox win the game 1-0.

Well that probably isn't the perfect ending, but it would be pretty funny.

Tekijawa
08-08-2005, 11:11 AM
Cubs Battle all the way back to make it to the world series and lose to the White Sox After 36 innings of Perfect baseball by the White Sox pitching staff. Moronotti writes the day after that the Sox staff is probably the second best ever behind the Cubs.

Unregistered
08-08-2005, 11:12 AM
I lie awake at night imagining this very thing. Game 7, USCF, bases loaded and Isringhausen trying to hold it together for the Cards. Big Hurt gimps to the plate. A walk ties the game and there's no place to put him. So Isringhausen tries to paint the corners. All to no avail. After a mind-destroying 18 pitch at-bat, he hangs a dud right there, right where Frank loves it. BAM! Everyone knows it the minute the ball leaves the bat. Somehow there's 50,000 people crammed into USCF -- but they all go absolutely bananas (:bandance: ).

Frank hobbles around the bases, his face beaming with delight. He feels no pain, only the collective ecstacy of every living Sox fan who has just been released from baseball purgatory. 10 minutes of nonstop fireworks. A phone call from the Mayor triggers the air raid sirens for the first time since 1959. It's over, it's finally over. THE WHITE SOX ARE WORLD CHAMPIONS AGAIN.

mercy...
Beautiful, man. :cool:

GAsoxfan
08-08-2005, 11:21 AM
Game 5 in Atlanta (b/c then I'd be at the game). 1-1 game in the top of the 9th, 2 outs, Rowand on 2nd. Frank comes in to pinch hit for Buehrle (who has been lights out), and lines a double off of Smoltz into the gap that brings Rowand into score.

Hermanson comes in for the bottom of the 9th. He stikes out Kelly Johnson and Marcus Giles, which brings up Andruw Jones, the home run king. On a full count pitch, Jones hits it deep to centerfield. Rowand climbs the wall and reaches over for the catch. But then he holds it in his glove for a couple seconds to let the fans think the Braves just tied it up. Then as the crowd is going nuts and Andruw is starting his home run trot, he pulls the ball out and the celebration begins!

PAPChiSox729
08-08-2005, 11:25 AM
Game 5 in Atlanta (b/c then I'd be at the game). 1-1 game in the top of the 9th, 2 outs, Rowand on 2nd. Frank comes in to pinch hit for Buehrle (who has been lights out), and lines a double off of Smoltz into the gap that brings Rowand into score.

Hermanson comes in for the bottom of the 9th. He stikes out Kelly Johnson and Marcus Giles, which brings up Andruw Jones, the home run king. On a full count pitch, Jones hits it deep to centerfield. Rowand climbs the wall and reaches over for the catch. But then he holds it in his glove for a couple seconds to let the fans think the Braves just tied it up. Then as the crowd is going nuts and Andruw is starting his home run trot, he pulls the ball out and the celebration begins!

That is an awesome ending. I would just be amazed if a player could pull off a bluff like that knowing his team just won the World Series.

Baby Fisk
08-08-2005, 11:29 AM

Hermanson comes in for the bottom of the 9th. He stikes out Kelly Johnson and Marcus Giles, which brings up Andruw Jones, the home run king. On a full count pitch, Jones hits it deep to centerfield. Rowand climbs the wall and reaches over for the catch. But then he holds it in his glove for a couple seconds to let the fans think the Braves just tied it up. Then as the crowd is going nuts and Andruw is starting his home run trot, he pulls the ball out and the celebration begins!AWESOME! Rowand would become the most hated man in Georgia since General Sherman. :cool:

Bucky F. Dent
08-08-2005, 11:41 AM
Sweep the Red Sox in the ALCS, and then win it in seven games against the Cards. And yeah, Frank coming off the bench in the bottom of the tenth to knock one out and win the Series would be one of the most amazing things I'd ever seen, and probably one of the last as well!

DumpJerry
08-08-2005, 11:48 AM
Has to be a sweep. Otherwise our "friends" at 1060 W. Addison and ESPN will talk about how "lucky" the Sox were to "pull this one off." Was hoping for a Frank Walk-Off, but that is out of the question now.:whiner:

I think a Scotty Po. steal of Home with two outs in the bottom of the 9th of a scoreless game off the NL post-season ERA leader would suffice.:D:

CubsfansareDRUNK
08-08-2005, 11:57 AM
Whats better
Beating the cubs in a world series
or them not making the playoffs

GAsoxfan
08-08-2005, 11:59 AM
Whats better

Sweeping them in the World Series.

SoxSpeed22
08-08-2005, 12:00 PM
Whats better
or them not making the playoffsThen everyone would be talkin' about how they broke the "Billy Goat" curse and all that $***. I'd want everything to be clean and no injuries so we can beat everyone fair and square. I'd want a 4 game sweep of the Cards, with a few close games.

BigEdWalsh
08-08-2005, 12:03 PM
I'll simplify this. 1.) The White Sox win the World Series. 2.) The Cubs move to Mexico City (or somewhere far, far away).

Dick Allen
08-08-2005, 12:33 PM
Game 7, Sox down a run, bottom of the ninth, one out. Ozzie Guillen, who activated himself in time to be on the post-season roster, singles on a pitch out of the strike zone (of course). However, he is out shortly thereafter as he gets fooled by the hidden ball trick for the third time in his career. Harold Baines, activated in time to make the post-season roster, doubles into the right center field gap to keep the inning alive. Big Hurt limps to the plate, and on a 3-2 pitch, hits one that takes a small chip out of the newly-christened bronze statue of himself for the WS win, and needs a pinch runner to make it around the bases for him.

MarySwiss
08-08-2005, 12:40 PM
Whats better

SWEEPing the Cubs in the World Series would be very, very nice, but there'd probably be a ton of conspiracy theories kicked around afterward.

Plus I think we'd lose what little sanity we'd have left at that point if we had to read what would undoubtedly be unbelievably biased media coverage throughout the entire playoffs.

So I guess we'll have to make do with the Cubs not making the playoffs. Oh, well. :rolleyes:

DumpJerry
08-08-2005, 12:48 PM
Whats better
THEM NOT IN POST SEASON! They will steal our thunder. Even if they are swept in the NLDS and we sweep the entire postseason, the press will slobber all over them. If we beat them in the WS, we would have to put up with a year of excuses and new curses. They are not allowed in our show!

JUribe1989
08-08-2005, 12:53 PM
3-2 With 2 outs and one man on in the bottom of the 9th Raul Cassanova steps up to bat and hits a home run to win the game.

There is no better ending than this so don't even try.
:hawk
"Decent lead by the pinch runner Timo over at second base here. The Sox have run out of pinch hitters with the insertion of Perez. C'mon Raul, all we needs a base hit. Here's the pitch, right down the heart of the plate. C'mon Raul. The 0-1........ripped down the line STAY FAIR STAY FAIR....

DJ and Hawk in unison
"IT WILL!"
"You can put it on the board.......YESSSSSSS"

All you have to do is assume that Comcast picks up Sox playoff games and lets Hawk announce them like they did with the Bulls.

downstairs
08-08-2005, 12:57 PM
There is no better ending than this so don't even try.

"Decent lead by the pinch runner Timo over at second base here. The Sox have run out of pinch hitters with the insertion of Perez. C'mon Raul, all we needs a base hit. Here's the pitch, right down the heart of the plate. C'mon Raul. The 0-1........ripped down the line STAY FAIR STAY FAIR....

DJ and Hawk in unison
"IT WILL!"
"You can put it on the board.......YESSSSSSS"

All you have to do is assume that Comcast picks up Sox playoff games and lets Hawk announce them like they did with the Bulls.

I don't think its their choice... I believe the MLB playoffs are network only.

For some reason the NBA allows local broadcasts as well, which always surprised me...

TheOldRoman
08-08-2005, 01:02 PM
I don't think its their choice... I believe the MLB playoffs are network only.

For some reason the NBA allows local broadcasts as well, which always surprised me...
I heard an interview with the long time Phillies announcers last year. He said that in 1980, fans petitioned to allowed them to do a local broadcast of the game. Fans were so vocal that the network gave in and allowed them to do a local broadcast with the hometown announcers. I'm sure the rules have changed, otherwise we would have been subjected to Santo in the booth during the '03 NLCS. Either way, when we get to that point, we need to petition to have Hawk and DJ calling the game.

skobabe8
08-08-2005, 01:15 PM

:fans :dinger :winner

*breaks into a sweat*

mercy...

That post gave me chills.

FielderJones
08-08-2005, 01:17 PM
Sox win first two at home and then game 3 in St. Louis. Cards salvage games 4 and 5, then Sox win it in the bottom of the 9th of game 6 on a Pods walk, steal, Gooch bunt, and A-Row sac fly.

chisoxfanatic
08-08-2005, 05:41 PM
Not going to happen (probably) but I want them to play the D'Backs because then I will be at BOB for at least one game, probably both.

HOWEVER, no matter who they play, I emphatically don't want it to go 7 games. Lived through that in 2001, and if that was nerve-wracking--and it was--this would be 1,000 times worse! Five games at most (with Sox winning, of course!) On a walk-off homer by Paul Konerko. Or better yet, Scott Podsednik. :rolleyes:

The Sox couldn't hit a "walk-off" homer in the 5th game of the World Series, because they have already been assured home field advantage...

Anyways...Game 4 against the Cardinals. Sox are up in the series 3-games-to-none. The bottom of the nineth comes with the Sox leading 3-2. Dustin Hermanson strikes out the first two batters, but then he allows a couple of hits and walks the bases loades. So, there are two outs now with the sacks packed with bad guys. Pujols is up, and Ozzie comes out to talk to Hermanson for a little bit. After Hermanson settles in, he quickly throws two strikes to Pujols. With an 0-2 count, Pujols skys it high with AJ Pierzynski tracking the path of the ball. It's definitely foul and looks like it's going into the stands. It appears as if Pierzynski has lost the ball in the lights. While walking back to home plate (with his glove upwardly open), the ball somehow "boomerangs" its way back in play and hits down in fair play right by home plate. Pierzynski sees the ball at that point, grabs it, and tags home plate for the game-ending forceout. The entire Sox dugout, bullpen, and field get together in a frenzy over AJ.

MarySwiss
08-08-2005, 05:47 PM
[QUOTE=chisoxfanatic]The Sox couldn't hit a "walk-off" homer in the 5th game of the World Series, because they have already been assured home field advantage...
[QUOTE]

I believe I said, five games at most. And excuse me, but doesn't the WS go Game 1&2-home, 3&4-away, 5 home, 6 away, 7 home?

mr_genius
08-08-2005, 06:13 PM
we get swept by Oakland first round

:anon:

nedlug
08-08-2005, 06:14 PM
[QUOTE=chisoxfanatic]The Sox couldn't hit a "walk-off" homer in the 5th game of the World Series, because they have already been assured home field advantage...
[QUOTE]

I believe I said, five games at most. And excuse me, but doesn't the WS go Game 1&2-home, 3&4-away, 5 home, 6 away, 7 home?

No, that's for the NBA. For baseball, I believe it's 2-3-2.

MarySwiss
08-08-2005, 06:29 PM
[QUOTE=MarySwiss][QUOTE=chisoxfanatic]The Sox couldn't hit a "walk-off" homer in the 5th game of the World Series, because they have already been assured home field advantage...

No, that's for the NBA. For baseball, I believe it's 2-3-2.

Whoops, you're right! Sorry. My bad.

So okay, Sox win Game 6 on a walkoff homer by Konerko or Podsednik. Howzat?

4th Gen. Sox Fan
08-08-2005, 06:31 PM
ALDS 3-1 over A's, ALCS 4-1 over Boston,Game 6,Sox lead series 3-2, its 4-3 Cards in the bottom of the 9th 2 outs, Pods on 2nd Iguchi on 1st, Ozzie calls the double steal and on an 0-2 pitch to Paulie the runners go and Paulie rips a shot down the 1st base line just past a diving Puljos. Scottie scores easily to tie and Cora is waving Iguchi home wildly. Sanders gets to the ball and throws a strike to Molina just as Iguchi slams into him, ball pops free for a White Sox Winner and the celebration begins:luis&nell

chisoxmike
08-08-2005, 09:17 PM
Game 1 - Sox 3, Braves 2
Game 2 - Braves 2, Sox 1
Game 3 - Sox 2, Braves 0
Game 4 - Braves 3, Sox 2
Game 5 - Sox 1, Braves 0
Game 6 - Braves 4, Sox 3
Game 7 - Sox 1, Braves 0

Best world series ever.

I would die of heart failure after the second game. :D:

NSSoxFan
08-08-2005, 09:21 PM
I would die of heart failure after the second game. :D:

You said it, brother.

MRKARNO
08-08-2005, 09:24 PM
Frank Thomas with the combo of Kirk Gibson AND Joe Carter for the greatest World Series moment in history (come from behind walk off Home Run to clinch the series) in Game 6 against the Cardinals.

Rooney4Prez56
08-09-2005, 09:07 PM
Game 1 - Sox 15, Cards 0 (No hitter, Garland)

Game 2 - Sox 22, Cards 0 (No hitter, Burlymon)

Game 3 - Sox 9, Cards 0 (No hitter, Garcia)

Game 4 - Sox 1, Cards 0 (No hitter, El Duque)

Not exciting.

I want to have a seven-game set with Atlanta, pitchers duels all the way. We can't win on home runs, only on small ball. I want game 7 to have Buehrle pitching, facing off against John Smoltz. I want perfect games carried into the 9th inning. In the bottom of the 9th, I want Podsednik leading off, getting a bunt single just out of Smoltz's reach. I want the sweat to be pouring down Smoltz's face as he hears Podsednik taking off toward 2nd. I want Iguchi to stare down Smoltz so he gets angry. Smoltz will then throw a ball over the catchers golve as Podsednik advances to 3rd. I want Smoltz to step off the mound and look around at the Cell, and at that moment, I want him to realize that this is the White Sox's year. I want the Sox to look at each other and know that they will bring World Series glory to Chicago again. I want them to start crying in the dugout as Iguchi lays down the perfect suicide squeeze, and as Podsednik crosses home plate, the Cell falls completely silent, as the fans realize what has happened. After a minute, I want the fan cheer to be heard all over America, as the Sox raise the trophy high above their heads. All of this happens while Cub fans sit at home and see what true winners are.

Scores:

Game 1: Sox 2, Atlanta 1
Game 2: Sox 4, Atlanta 3
Game 3: Atlanta 3, Sox 1
Game 4: Atlanta 2, Sox 1
Game 5: Atlanta 4, Sox 2
Game 6: Sox 2, Atlanta 0
Game 7: Sox 1, Atlanta 0

Whitesox029
08-09-2005, 11:15 PM
For some reason the "would you cry" thread got me thinking about this. Just wondering if everyone could describe it. Of course we are all going to want it to end it with Sox winning the Championship but... Who would it be against? Would you want it to be an easy 4-game sweep or a dramatic walk-off homerun in the bottom of the 9th in game 7?

I've thought about it and I'd like it to be against the Cardinals just so to see all the northsiders squirm. Plus it's close enough that we could all travel down for the road games. :cool:

As much as I'd love a 4-game sweep, I'd want them to finish it at home so I guess it would have to be in game 6. I don't know if I'd be able to hold out for a dramatic win so I'd want them to have an "easy" win. Something like 5-1 or 6-2 where they are leading the entire game and the team is starting the celebrations by the bottom of the 8th. Have Hermanson come in and K the last guy and let the dogpile begin on the infield grass. That would be perfect.

It's an interesting dilemma with the Cards, isn't it? On one hand, I love rooting for them and Sox vs. Cards would cause mass Cub fan suicides, but on the other hand it might create bad blood between the teams somehow, which I wouldn't like, as I'd like to continue liking the Cardinals, and of course the Cards are the best team in the NL...wouldn't it be better for someone else to upset them so that we wouldn't have to? I'd be reaaaaal happy going in if I knew we were facing the Braves or someone like that.

kojak
08-09-2005, 11:42 PM
Game 7.

Clemens and Buehrle have matching perfect games.

Bottom of the 9th. One out.

Crede launches The Rocket's first pitch over The Patio.

Let the celebrations begin!

Juice16
08-09-2005, 11:43 PM
my perfect endings would be the Sox clinching the division, ALDS, ALCS and Ws when I'm not at work.

Realist
08-10-2005, 12:32 AM
Two words: monkey pile

gosox3072
08-10-2005, 12:36 AM
we get swept by Oakland first round

:anon:

You had to go and ruin this whole thread didnt you:mad:

I would vote for thomas coming back to hit a game winning homer in the bottom of the 9th in game seven. That would be a story to tell the grandkids in 2060!

TimoPerez
08-10-2005, 01:31 AM
Game 1: Sox 3 Braves 1(Buehrle Win)
Game 2: Sox 6 Braves 4(Garland Win)
Game 3: Sox 4 Braves 3(Garcia Win)
Game 4: Sox 0 Braves 1(Smoltz Win)-To send it back to Chicago.
Game 5: Mark Buehrle has pitched a fantastic game through eight and one-half innings. He has only thrown 91 pitches but has given up one unearned run on a tough hop groundball by Juan Uribe. Chris Reitsma comes in to relieve Mike Hampton after he went eight scoreless innings allowing just four hits and zero runs. After 121 pitches it was an easy decision for Bobby Cox to bring in his closer. The first two batters go down quickly, but not without making noise. Paul Konerko flew out to the wall in dead center field and Carl Everett lined out to Reitsma on a fantastic catch. Aaron Rowand steps up to the plate and takes the first two pitches for strikes before fouling off three in a row. The count remains 0-2 until Rowand loops the ball into shallow left field. The White Sox still have life for the day. They obviously do not want to play another game tomorrow. Juan Uribe steps up, looking for revenge for the run he allowed to score earlier. The first three pitches miss outside and Juan takes the next two pitches for strikes on the outside corner. The sixth pitch of the at bat misses just high. Timo Perez steps up to the plate with the tying run on second. The first pitch is taken just outside but the runners are going on the pitch! SAFE! The winning run is on second base for Timo, who has never faced Reitsma in his career. The second pitch from Reitsma is lined down the right field line but Timo's bid for a walk-off hit was denied as the ball lands inches foul. Timo steps out of the box and pulls a pack of David's Sunflower Seeds out of his pocket. He takes a handful and puts them in his mouth. He steps back in to the box and waits on the 1-1 pitch. Reitsma throws a curveball and Timo pops it up to third base. It is drifting towards the stands though. It just gets into the stands and Chipper Jones retreats to his position. The 1-2 pitch is another curveball low and on the outside corner. Timo swings and hits a dibbler down the first base line foul. Reitsma sets for another 1-2 pitch as Timo refills his supply of sunflower seeds. Timo steps into the box and waits for the pitch. A soft line drive to left center! It is a White Sox winner! FOR THE FIRST TIME SINCE 1917, THE WHITE SOX HAVE WON THE WORLD SERIES!

Timo steps on first base and is swamped by his teammates, including Rowand and Uribe after they score. The White Sox stand on the field for five minutes waiving to fans until they eventually go into a champagne filled locker room. Timo stays on the field to be interviewed by the FOX crew. He answers his questions with fireworks audible and visible behind. He eventually enters the locker room and is drenched with champagne. The White Sox are given the World Series trophy as a team because that is what they are. The trophy is handed to Timo who lifts it above his head before passing it around to the rest of his team and family.

The only thing that could have made it better would be if Hawk and DJ were added to the FOX crew. Who wouldn't love to hear a huge, "YES!" when the White Sox finish it off.

:winner

StockdaleForVeep
08-10-2005, 02:05 AM
Podsednik hits a walk off grandslam and runs all the bases at full speed and slides into home in the final regular season game

as for post season, i'll let the baseball gods write that

pudge
08-10-2005, 02:25 AM
This thread is pure evil. We haven't even clinched a friggin division.

EVIL!!

:cool:

Iwritecode
08-10-2005, 02:32 AM
This thread is pure evil. We haven't even clinched a friggin division.

EVIL!!

:cool:

Hey, we're allowed to dream aren't we?

pudge
08-10-2005, 02:53 AM
Hey, we're allowed to dream aren't we?

I want to live it. I don't want to dream it. If I'm 90-years-old and on my death bed and it's never happened, then I'll dream it, 'cause that'll be the last resort.

kojak
08-10-2005, 03:04 AM
Game 1: Sox 3 Braves 1(Buehrle Win)
Game 2: Sox 6 Braves 4(Garland Win)
Game 3: Sox 4 Braves 3(Garcia Win)
Game 4: Sox 0 Braves 1(Smoltz Win)-To send it back to Chicago.
Game 5: Mark Buehrle has pitched a fantastic game through eight and one-half innings. He has only thrown 91 pitches but has given up one unearned run on a tough hop groundball by Juan Uribe. Chris Reitsma comes in to relieve Mike Hampton after he went eight scoreless innings allowing just four hits and zero runs. After 121 pitches it was an easy decision for Bobby Cox to bring in his closer. The first two batters go down quickly, but not without making noise. Paul Konerko flew out to the wall in dead center field and Carl Everett lined out to Reitsma on a fantastic catch. Aaron Rowand steps up to the plate and takes the first two pitches for strikes before fouling off three in a row. The count remains 0-2 until Rowand loops the ball into shallow left field. The White Sox still have life for the day. They obviously do not want to play another game tomorrow. Juan Uribe steps up, looking for revenge for the run he allowed to score earlier. The first three pitches miss outside and Juan takes the next two pitches for strikes on the outside corner. The sixth pitch of the at bat misses just high. Timo Perez steps up to the plate with the tying run on second. The first pitch is taken just outside but the runners are going on the pitch! SAFE! The winning run is on second base for Timo, who has never faced Reitsma in his career. The second pitch from Reitsma is lined down the right field line but Timo's bid for a walk-off hit was denied as the ball lands inches foul. Timo steps out of the box and pulls a pack of David's Sunflower Seeds out of his pocket. He takes a handful and puts them in his mouth. He steps back in to the box and waits on the 1-1 pitch. Reitsma throws a curveball and Timo pops it up to third base. It is drifting towards the stands though. It just gets into the stands and Chipper Jones retreats to his position. The 1-2 pitch is another curveball low and on the outside corner. Timo swings and hits a dibbler down the first base line foul. Reitsma sets for another 1-2 pitch as Timo refills his supply of sunflower seeds. Timo steps into the box and waits for the pitch. A soft line drive to left center! It is a White Sox winner! FOR THE FIRST TIME SINCE 1917, THE WHITE SOX HAVE WON THE WORLD SERIES!

Timo steps on first base and is swamped by his teammates, including Rowand and Uribe after they score. The White Sox stand on the field for five minutes waiving to fans until they eventually go into a champagne filled locker room. Timo stays on the field to be interviewed by the FOX crew. He answers his questions with fireworks audible and visible behind. He eventually enters the locker room and is drenched with champagne. The White Sox are given the World Series trophy as a team because that is what they are. The trophy is handed to Timo who lifts it above his head before passing it around to the rest of his team and family.

The only thing that could have made it better would be if Hawk and DJ were added to the FOX crew. Who wouldn't love to hear a huge, "YES!" when the White Sox finish it off.

:winner

A couple of problems with this:

#1- Game 5 would be in Atlanta. The series goes 2-3-2

#2- Uribe take 6 pitches without a swing? bwahahahahaha!
:redneck

Chisox003
08-10-2005, 03:06 AM
Perfect ending to this season.....?

Big #35 making a miraculous return, and towering over Bud Selig after his first championship and bellowing into the mic to a capacity U.S. Cellular Field crowd, all of Chicago, and Sox fans everywhere...."FINALLY!"

It'd only be right. :gulp:

Optipessimism
08-10-2005, 03:45 AM
The Sox beat the Angels in the ALDS. Meanwhile, the BlowSux beat the crap out of the A's.

The Sox go up 3-1 in the ALCS and in Game 5 in the top of the 9th, Manny Ramirez decides to crawl into the wall in LF to take a dump. The umpire refuses to call time out, so Pods hits the ball out to LF and runs around the bases for an inside the park home run, trying the game at two. This PO's Johnny Damon, who turns around, flicks off the entire crowd in Fenway, declares himself a free agent and leaves. Red Sox Nation is in tears all over the world. As Manny leaves the scoreboard latrine and emerges on the field to a chorus of jeers, the ghost of Babe Ruth follows him. Babe grabs a mic from somewhere and says 'I told you so.' Just then Schilling begins to bleed from his crotch and collapses on the mound, but in a true moment of triumph he throws a hanging curveball to Iguchi, who places the ball somewhere over the green monster. Hermanson comes on for the save and afterwards celebrates on the field, pointing a finger in the air to give thanks. Then, the Virgin Mary appears on the field and says 'you're welcome.' The Braves, who make it to the WS, know they are screwed.

Madvora
08-10-2005, 07:28 AM
Game 7 in St. Louis... Going into the bottom of the 15th inning tied 2-2. Bobby Jenks is brought in and strikes out the side. Then to the top of the 16th where Crede and Uribe both ground out and Jenks steps to the plate. First pitch... strike right down the middle, second pitch back door slider strike, Jenks never takes the bat off his shoulder... until... the next pitch is a fast ball right there and the mighty Bobby Jenks sends it soaring deep over the center field wall for a home run! The Sox lead 3-2!
Then then go into the bottom of the 16th where Jenks again strikes out the side, this time ending the World Series with Pujols looking.

Letmehearya
08-10-2005, 07:46 AM
Game 6 at the cell. 2-2 in the bottom of the 9th. Pods singles. Next pitch he takes off and Gooch rips it into the right field corner, as Pods rounds 3d I jump onto the field and escort him home step-for-step and jump into the melee at homeplate. I look back and see 40,000 others joining me on the field for the greatest party we'll ever experience.

Madvora
08-10-2005, 08:03 AM
as Pods rounds 3d I jump onto the field and escort him home step-for-step and jump into the melee at homeplate. I look back and see 40,000 others joining me on the field for the greatest party we'll ever experience.
If you did that I don't think you'd jump on the melee, I think the melee would jump on you.

Iwritecode
08-10-2005, 09:43 AM
I want to live it. I don't want to dream it. If I'm 90-years-old and on my death bed and it's never happened, then I'll dream it, 'cause that'll be the last resort.

I want to win the lottery, buy a huge mansion somewhere, retire by the time I'm 30 and drive around all day in a Ferrari. It probably won't ever happen but it's fun to dream about.

The Sox winning the WS is a hell of a lot more possible but it's fun to dream about it too. You cannot tell me you've never thought about it...

BeviBall!
08-10-2005, 09:46 AM
Mike Spadafino, Spencer Rubicco, and Giuseppe Tripi all jump with their friend off a tall bridge, this time with no net.

What a bunch of dopes.

whtsx1959
08-10-2005, 09:48 AM
Game 7 in St. Louis... Going into the bottom of the 15th inning tied 2-2. Bobby Jenks is brought in and strikes out the side. Then to the top of the 16th where Crede and Uribe both ground out and Jenks steps to the plate. First pitch... strike right down the middle, second pitch back door slider strike, Jenks never takes the bat off his shoulder... until... the next pitch is a fast ball right there and the mighty Bobby Jenks sends it soaring deep over the center field wall for a home run! The Sox lead 3-2!
Then then go into the bottom of the 16th where Jenks again strikes out the side, this time ending the World Series with Pujols looking.
That would be nice except the AL won the ASG so Game 7 would be at home

Madvora
08-10-2005, 10:12 AM
That would be nice except the AL won the ASG so Game 7 would be at home
Ok, people have been confusing me... it's 2 at home, 3 on the road and 2 at home again... that's right.

Well, then they'll have Bobby Jenks pinch hit in the 15th and hit a game winning home run.

pudge
08-10-2005, 12:23 PM
I want to win the lottery, buy a huge mansion somewhere, retire by the time I'm 30 and drive around all day in a Ferrari. It probably won't ever happen but it's fun to dream about.

The Sox winning the WS is a hell of a lot more possible but it's fun to dream about it too. You cannot tell me you've never thought about it...

Well, considering we joined wsi on the exact same month and I'm about 4000 posts behind you, I must not have nearly enough time to dream. :D:

Hey, every thread needs a wet blanket. :cool:

TimoPerez
08-10-2005, 01:41 PM
A couple of problems with this:

#1- Game 5 would be in Atlanta. The series goes 2-3-2

#2- Uribe take 6 pitches without a swing? bwahahahahaha!
:redneck

#1- I realized that after I wrote it but I hoped that nobody else would see it.
#2- You have a point.

Iwritecode
08-10-2005, 03:27 PM
Well, considering we joined wsi on the exact same month and I'm about 4000 posts behind you, I must not have nearly enough time to dream. :D:

Hey, every thread needs a wet blanket. :cool:

I believe you're called dark clouds around here. :wink:

Eddie Gaedel
08-10-2005, 03:43 PM
frank's first at bat back off the dl is a pinch hit homer which wins game 7 of the ws. the fans at comiskey (including myself) celebrate by marching north and burn down the urinal.

TimoandAaron
08-10-2005, 03:45 PM
Game 1 - Sox 3, Braves 2
Game 2 - Braves 2, Sox 1
Game 3 - Sox 2, Braves 0
Game 4 - Braves 3, Sox 2
Game 5 - Sox 1, Braves 0
Game 6 - Braves 4, Sox 3
Game 7 - Sox 1, Braves 0

Best world series ever.

:)you forgot to put them all in extra innings.

Church Turtle
08-10-2005, 03:45 PM
Net Boy visits St. Louis and base jumps into the net behind home plate. However the SOX are still not distracted as they win game 4 for a sweep 8-0 behind a 1 hour 58 minute beauty from Burly-man and a 6 run 7th inning. Following the game the team boards a special limited express train and travels to Chicago through the heartland, stopping at each station to be cheered on by throngs of die-hard SOX fans. The train eventually pulls in to a specially-errected platform across the parking lots from the Cell. :bandance: :supernana: :bandance: :D: :happybday :cool: :D: :bandance: :supernana:

chisoxfanatic
08-10-2005, 04:12 PM
On second thought...I think that nothing would be more suitable for the "WIN or Die Trying" campaign than for Rowand to make the most outstanding catch ever to end the season with the Sox holding on to a close lead at the moment.