PDA

View Full Version : Pauleeee Reminds DarkClouds what OzzieBall IS

fquaye149
08-08-2005, 08:59 AM
From Suntimes Article
http://www.suntimes.com/output/sports/cst-spt-sox08x.html

"It feels like we're back to ourselves,'' said Konerko, who nonetheless was mindful of another game in which the long ball, not small ball, led to victory.

"But I don't think we won because of the home run,'' he said. "We won today because of pitching. When you hold a team to one run, you'll usually win.''

attababy Pauleeeee!!! No matter how many homeruns we hit (:whiner:) it will still boil down to defense - the main component of which is our pitching.:D::D::D:

MsSoxVixen22
08-08-2005, 09:18 AM
I'm sorry but I had this face when I read Paulie's quote :o: Something other than his usual crap talking? It's about time he started patting his teammmates on the back instead of talking crap! Hopefully, Paulie keeps hitting and we hear more of this positive feedback from him

Iwritecode
08-08-2005, 09:33 AM
Well this thread is only going to get about 5-10 posts...

jshanahanjr
08-08-2005, 09:47 AM
DOA! Keep it going PK!

Baby Fisk
08-08-2005, 10:07 AM
I'm sorry but I had this face when I read Paulie's quote :o: Something other than his usual crap talking? It's about time he started patting his teammmates on the back instead of talking crap! Hopefully, Paulie keeps hitting and we hear more of this positive feedback from him

:walnuts
"...now if we only had the kind of pitching that Boston or St. Louis has, we might actually win something. Houston too. Those teams have the best pitching in baseball..."

DaleJRFan
08-08-2005, 10:11 AM
Sorry PK haters, but Paulie has been running this offense for a few weeks now. With Pods and Tadahito at the top and ARow in the #3 slot (leads the team in hits), Paulie hitting clean up with Dye and AJ to follow ... I really like this offense.

It's a different guy every few days... you can run up and down the schedule and find the guy who led the offense for an extended period of time... all the guys in the lineup. I love it.

Like a lot of posters have said, when Pods gets on base, the Sox win. Small ball will return. I don't see how PK being clutch and knocking out a 2 run shot is NOT "smart ball". When your #1, 2 and 3 hitters get on base and the clean up guy does his job, that's smart ball, too...

HITMEN OF 77
08-08-2005, 10:40 AM
Nice quote Paulie!! I'm so happy Konerko is swinging the bat better, he's been clutch these past few series when we really needed him.

The Dude
08-08-2005, 10:54 AM
Thats the kinda stuff we need PK. And I cant even remember the last GIDPK, which is obviously a good thing. Keep up the lumber and positive quotes PK and who knows, maybe you'll find yourself around here next season.:cool:

munchman33
08-08-2005, 11:08 AM
Sorry PK haters, but Paulie has been running this offense for a few weeks now.

Unfortunately, your cleanup hitter is supposed to be good enough to run the offense the whole season.

patbooyah
08-08-2005, 11:24 AM
Thats the kinda stuff we need PK. And I cant even remember the last GIDPK, which is obviously a good thing. Keep up the lumber and positive quotes PK and who knows, maybe you'll find yourself around here next season.:cool:

paul konerko's GIDP totals
2003: 28
2004: 23
so far in 2005: 7

Realist
08-08-2005, 11:50 AM

First Konerko deflects the credit for the win away from himself and towards the pitching and then you go and bring up this stat. This thread is as good as dead.

Steakpita
08-08-2005, 12:01 PM
Unfortunately, your cleanup hitter is supposed to be good enough to run the offense the whole season.

That's not true - everyone goes through slumps. A team that relies on its cleanup guy to carry it all year long isn't going very far.

JB98
08-08-2005, 12:08 PM

Look, it would be nice if we had a guy like Manny Ramirez on our team, but we don't. I'd say 27 HRs and 73 RBIs is still pretty damn good, especially considering that Konerko had a horrible slump earlier this season. Paulie has been very solid the last month or so, and he has stepped up the last couple of days with Everett out of the lineup. I still think he's going to end up with a batting average of about .275 by the end of the year.

I realize that we are not as strong in the 3-4-5 spots as some of the other contending teams. But look at our lineup from top to bottom. Crede and Uribe have a combined 99 RBIs. How many teams can say that about their 8-9 hitters? We've got different guys that can step up. We don't have to count on Paulie to do it all, which is good because he isn't that type of hitter.

Frater Perdurabo
08-08-2005, 12:18 PM
I realize some of you who know me by reputation will fall out of your chairs after reading what I'm about to write. So brace yourselves:

I have to compliment Paulie for his recent streak of late. His home runs with men on base have made the difference between some one-run losses and 1 to 2-run wins. He has helped the Sox admittedly anemic offense capitalize on some strong pitching performances to grab some needed wins against clearly inferior opponents. During the last week (not counting yesterday's win v. Seattle), Paulie has hit .333, with a .448 OBP and a .750 SLG! Those are $10 million+ per year numbers! As a Sox fan, I hope he maintains these numbers (or at least comes close, a 1.198 OPS is incredible!) for the rest of the year and the rest of his career!

TheOldRoman
08-08-2005, 12:37 PM
First Konerko deflects the credit for the win away from himself and towards the pitching and then you go and bring up this stat. This thread is as good as dead.
Umm, he brought up a positive stat. Konerko has always grounded into loads of double plays. This year, his GIDPs are way down. That is commendable.

fquaye149
08-08-2005, 12:43 PM

Oh God. You can't let a positive thread go without your doom and gloom predictions about how much we hate Konerko.

Pretty much everyone who has ripped Paulie (even Frater) in the past has come out to commend him for his play and this comment.

Stop living in the mother****ing past. When he does something good he'll get his props just like everybody else.

Realist
08-08-2005, 12:49 PM
Oh God. You can't let a positive thread go without your doom and gloom predictions about how much we hate Konerko.

Pretty much everyone who has ripped Paulie (even Frater) in the past has come out to commend him for his play and this comment.

Stop living in the mother****ing past. When he does something good he'll get his props just like everybody else.

I was actually emphasizing the positive so that the Konerko haters might remember this thread if Konerko should happen to go 0 for 4 with a key strike out in a game in the next few weeks.

Sounds like my plan may work. :wink:

patbooyah
08-08-2005, 12:58 PM

uh... i was just saying that his "nickname" GIDPK isn't really applicable this year. it was meant to be praise... uh... :?:

Realist
08-08-2005, 01:13 PM
uh... i was just saying that his "nickname" GIDPK isn't really applicable this year. it was meant to be praise... uh... :?:

Sure. I can understand that. But can you see how showing the huge drop offs in in gidp's might be mistaken as something postitive?

patbooyah
08-08-2005, 01:23 PM
Sure. I can understand that. But can you see how showing the huge drop offs in in gidp's might be mistaken as something postitive?

:?:

i meant it to be positive?

and if you meant to say negative, i see no way that it could be construed as negative....

nedlug
08-08-2005, 01:36 PM
I think Realist's poking fun at the constant negativity about ol' number 14 on these boards.

Of course, if Realist is not, then I am :?: as well...

fquaye149
08-08-2005, 01:42 PM
I think Realist's poking fun at the constant negativity about ol' number 14 on these boards.

14 has brought it on himself. However, with his play and if he continues to say great things like these, bygones are bygones. I think Frater would agree with me. Munchman too...and all the other Konerko "haters"

Iwritecode
08-08-2005, 01:45 PM

I was doing the same thing.

You see it happen in post-game threads all the time. A loss garners 300+ posts while a win would barely get 100.

Just having some fun guys... :D:

BigEdWalsh
08-08-2005, 01:57 PM
You see it happen in post-game threads all the time. A loss garners 300+ posts while a win would barely get 100.

I don't believe that happens for the same you reason you do. When the Sox a lose a lot more can be said about the game. Period. When the Sox win, you get the usual dancing bananas and a few "Great game!!" posts. A loss can be dissected. Yes, some people might go a little overboard. Big deal. Bring on the next game. It amuses me how bent outta shape some people get about the people "complaining".

Frater Perdurabo
08-08-2005, 02:11 PM
I don't believe that happens for the same you reason you do. When the Sox a lose a lot more can be said about the game. Period. When the Sox win, you get the usual dancing bananas and a few "Great game!!" posts. A loss can be dissected. Yes, some people might go a little overboard. Big deal. Bring on the next game. It amuses me how bent outta shape some people get about the people "complaining".

Well, a win also can be dissected, but no one seems to really want to dissect wins!

Anyway, I agree with fquaye149 that if PK puts up great numbers while saying nice things about his current teammates, I'm willing to jump aboard the Paulie bandwagon. I'm an empiricist, so I'll go wherever the evidence points. Lately, the evidence has pointed toward Paulie producing and saying nice things. I truly hope he keeps it up through the end of October.

:gulp:

TornLabrum
08-08-2005, 02:31 PM

I think that's what teal is for.

mr_genius
08-08-2005, 02:32 PM

meh

Paulie is having a good season. ***, do expect him to hit .400 with 80 dingers lol

also, if we let Paulie go (as i am sure you would love to have happen) who do you suggest we replace him with?

ps
crede sucks :tongue:

DaleJRFan
08-08-2005, 02:40 PM

PK, in the AL, is:
Forth in HRs with 27 (behind ARod, ManRam, Teixeira)
Tenth in RBIs with 73 (behind Ortiz, ManRam, ARod, Vlad, Sheff)
Sixteenth in SLG with .510

There are two first basemen in the AL with better offensive numbers, Richie Sexson and Mark Teixeira. Mark Sweeney, Jason Giambi and Konerko are all playing the same game... He is putting up significant power numbers, aside from BA, as some of the best in the game.

As far as I am concerned, "MY" cleanup hitter is in the top 5-10 of all MLB first basemen, including Derrik Lee and Albert Pujols. Maybe you can think of a better option for first base and clean up presently available to the Sox. I can't.

fquaye149
08-08-2005, 02:43 PM
meh

Paulie is having a good season. ***, do expect him to hit .400 with 80 dingers lol

also, if we let Paulie go (as i am sure you would love to have happen) who do you suggest we replace him with?

ps

i think the point was that in april and may the pitching staff had to hoist this team on their back and carry them to the best record in baseball because our middle of the order hitters like rowand, paul, and dye weren't hitting for rat****.

TaylorStSox
08-08-2005, 02:45 PM
Umm, he brought up a positive stat. Konerko has always grounded into loads of double plays. This year, his GIDPs are way down. That is commendable.

That's just a result of having a 3 hitter that's not constantly on base.

TaylorStSox
08-08-2005, 02:46 PM
BTW.... I'm really happy with PK's production as of late. With that said, the guy's always going to be a POS to me.

mr_genius
08-08-2005, 02:52 PM
i think the point was that in april and may the pitching staff had to hoist this team on their back and carry them to the best record in baseball because our middle of the order hitters like rowand, paul, and dye weren't hitting for rat****.

Nice luxury to have such a dominant staff!

Remember, we traded Lee and let Magglio go basically in order to have more money to spend on pitching, defense and speed. So, having the middle of the order slumps is going to be more likely when the quality of your sluggers has gone down. Paulie and Dye are having the kinds of years I expected, so I can't complain.

mcp5185
08-08-2005, 03:22 PM
If Konerko puts up good numbers in the playoffs, he will definitely make 10+ million dollars. If we win the series, I think it would be harder to let him go then if we lose early in the playoffs.

If Konerko costs too much money, I would like to see us try to get Overbay in a trade.

maurice
08-08-2005, 03:44 PM
PK, in the AL, is:
Forth in HRs with 27 (behind ARod, ManRam, Teixeira)
Tenth in RBIs with 73 (behind Ortiz, ManRam, ARod, Vlad, Sheff)
Sixteenth in SLG with .510
19th in OBP with .363
19th in OPS with .874
66th in AVE with .265
89th in 2B with 15
121st in AVE w/ RiSP with .245
8 spaces above last place in AVE w/ RiSP & 2 outs with .140
Last in SB with 0
Last in 3B with 0

These numbers would look much worse if you'd take into consideration the 16 teams (and 200-some-odd position players) in the NL, instead of limiting it to the 14 AL teams.

Keep up the pretty talk and hot streak, Paulie boy. You got a long way to go to earn that $8.75 mil.

Realist
08-08-2005, 03:55 PM

You are right, sir. :smile:

Based on some of the confusion, I probably shoulda sprinkled some teal in my posts.

Chisox003
08-08-2005, 03:59 PM
BTW.... I'm really happy with PK's production as of late. With that said, the guy's always going to be a POS to me.

Nice.

:rolleyes:

TaylorStSox
08-08-2005, 04:04 PM
Nice.

:rolleyes:

Some of us will never forgive him for calling out Frank Thomas and perpetuating the myth that the greatest player to ever wear a Sox uniform is a bad teammate.

^^longest sentence ever. :redface:

jehosaphat
08-08-2005, 04:09 PM
Look, it would be nice if we had a guy like Manny Ramirez on our team, but we don't. I'd say 27 HRs and 73 RBIs is still pretty damn good, especially considering that Konerko had a horrible slump earlier this season. Paulie has been very solid the last month or so, and he has stepped up the last couple of days with Everett out of the lineup. I still think he's going to end up with a batting average of about .275 by the end of the year.

Amen.

I'm baffled as to why some people on this site are so down on Konerko. From what I've seen, and I've been watching him closely for awhile, there is not a lot of mystery to the guy. He is a good fielder. He is a good HR hitter. He is slow and therefore he is not a good base runner. Most of all, when he's hot, he's hot, and he can come through in the clutch. On the other hand, when he's not, he's not, and when he is in a slump he can't hit the side of barn door. Let's hope he gets hot when it is time for the playoffs.

fquaye149
08-08-2005, 04:09 PM
Nice luxury to have such a dominant staff!

Remember, we traded Lee and let Magglio go basically in order to have more money to spend on pitching, defense and speed. So, having the middle of the order slumps is going to be more likely when the quality of your sluggers has gone down. Paulie and Dye are having the kinds of years I expected, so I can't complain.

haha never said i wouldn't take it! :D:

JB98
08-08-2005, 05:39 PM
Amen.

I'm baffled as to why some people on this site are so down on Konerko. From what I've seen, and I've been watching him closely for awhile, there is not a lot of mystery to the guy. He is a good fielder. He is a good HR hitter. He is slow and therefore he is not a good base runner. Most of all, when he's hot, he's hot, and he can come through in the clutch. On the other hand, when he's not, he's not, and when he is in a slump he can't hit the side of barn door. Let's hope he gets hot when it is time for the playoffs.

It's a never-ending mystery to me as to why Konerko is such a lightning rod around here. This guy leads our team in home runs, RBIs, runs scored and on-base percentage. He is second to Rowand in hits. Certainly, he has his flaws. He's a poor baserunner, and his range is limited at first base. However, he has been among the top five HR-hitters in the league last year and this year. Personally, I think there is a lot of value in that. I get tired of the FORG, who want to send Konerko packing in favor of Gload. Supposedly, we should all be on board with "sacrificing some power for a higher average." I completely disagree with that. It's not about batting average. It's about run production, and Konerko has done reasonably well in that area. I'd like to see Paulie come through more consistently with RISP. That's the only criticism I have of him this year.

I think it boils down to some fans caring about what is said in the newspapers, while others don't. I personally don't give a damn what Konerko or anyone else says in the Cubune. If there is a problem in the clubhouse, the White Sox pay Ozzie millions of dollars to handle it. When Konerko made that remark about Uribe's deke back in May, everyone feared the clubhouse chemistry would be ruined. Three months later, we're still OK. My guess is everything is fine inside the Sox clubhouse. The proof is in our record.

:gulp:

maurice
08-09-2005, 10:54 AM
I get tired of the FORG, who want to send Konerko packing in favor of Gload. Supposedly, we should all be on board with "sacrificing some power for a higher average." I completely disagree with that.

I hope everybody here disagrees with that. There's no question that Konerko is a better offensive player than Ross Gload. The issue is whether he's $8 mil. better than Ross Gload (or some other inexpensive replacement). That's debatable. Hopefully, we won't need to find out, because KW will get Overbay this offseason.

RKMeibalane
08-09-2005, 11:33 AM
meh

ps

Of course we expect him to hit eighty homers. I mean, Frank was on pace for sixty homers when he broke his ankle.

mr_genius
08-09-2005, 11:51 AM
The issue is whether he's $8 mil. better than Ross Gload (or some other inexpensive replacement). That's debatable. Hopefully, we won't need to find out, because KW will get Overbay this offseason.

Konerko is worth 8 - 9 million, for sure.

as for overbay.... not the answer, we need more than 20 hr's/80 rbi's from our clean up hitter. Compare Paulies and Overbay's stats and decide for yourself.

maurice
08-09-2005, 12:03 PM
Compare Paulies and Overbay's stats and decide for yourself.

Um, okay.

Category - Konerko - Overbay
AVE - .277 - .288
OBP - .347 - .376
SLG - .484 - .457
OPS - .831 - .833
Salary - $8.75 mil. - $446K

Having compared their stats, I've decided that Overbay + $8 mil. > Konerko.

mr_genius
08-09-2005, 12:08 PM
Um, okay.

Category - Konerko - Overbay
AVE - .277 - .288
OBP - .347 - .376
SLG - .484 - .457
OPS - .831 - .833
Salary - $8.75 mil. - $446K

Having compared their stats, I've decided that Overbay + $8 mil. > Konerko.

congrats, you left out the important production statistics of HR's and RBI for our new clean up hitter. lol

btw, is overbay even a free agent? if so he won't sign for 400 k.

overbay? i'll pass.

Mickster
08-09-2005, 12:15 PM
congrats, you left out the important production statistics of HR's and RBI for our new clean up hitter. lol

btw, is overbay even a free agent? if so he won't sign for 400 k.

overbay? i'll pass.

Overbay over Konerko?
http://www.talentbookingusa.com/look-a-likes/images/austin-powers.jpg

"Yes, please."

maurice
08-09-2005, 12:35 PM
you left out the important production statistics of HR's and RBI

Not really. HR are included in SLG and OPS. As an additional bonus, SLG and OPS don't ignore other types of extra-base hits . . . the ones Konerko almost never gets. Note that Konerko has a lower career OPS than the inadequate Overbay.

RBI reflect both cluch hitting and the ability of the hitters in front of you. As noted earlier in this thread, Konerko's RBI total is solely a reflection of the hitters in front of him, since he has been anti-clutch for most of the season. Recently, the Sox have been among the best offensive teams in baseball. Meanwhile, Overbay has toiled on some craptacular Brewers clubs. Given better teammates, a better park to hit in, and regular ABs, Overbay's RBI totals (and SLG) would go through the roof. Besides, even if Konerko is better, he sure as heck isn't $8 mil. better. The ability to spend this money elsewhere is an extremely important but underrated concept, as proven by the CLee trade, and the Ordonez and Valentin non-re-signings. It's the key to our current record. Y'all really need to stop ignoring this. No Konerko, Thomas, Davis, Perez, etc. = tons of extra cash to spend next offseason.

Overbay certainly isn't an ideal cleanup hitter. Nobody ever said he was. OTOH, Konerko's 19th in the AL OPS, 66th in the AL AVE, 89th in the AL 2B total, and 121st in the AL AVE w/ RiSP proves that he's an inadequate cleanup hitter also. The difference is that Konerko is paid as if he were a very good cleanup hitter. Even most of his defenders agree that he's better suited for a lower spot in the lineup.

Finally, I don't know Overbay's contract situation, but he'll probably make a lot less than Konerko next season also, because they are enough dimwits in MLB who base their decisions on HR totals or single-season production without looking at the big picture (see last offseason). These are the same people who expected the Sox to finish in 4th place this season.

mr_genius
08-09-2005, 12:45 PM
hmmmm, i just checked the Brewers OBP and the Sox and the Brewers seem to have a better OBP than most of our players. I don't know the exact batting order the Brewers use (seeing that i don't follow minor league baseball, aka NL Central) but i would suspect Paulie and Overbay have had about the same amount of opportunites to drive in runs. I could be wrong.

I do like to use OPS to compare players, I also like to check HR and RBI (guess i'm old fashioned like that). I'm not saying overbay is a bad player, I am saying that we need way more production from first base than Overbay is able to produce.

maurice
08-09-2005, 04:32 PM
i would suspect Paulie and Overbay have had about the same amount of opportunites to drive in runs.

Let's see. This year, Konerko has had about 9 more opportunities with runners in scoring position, and their rates of production in such situations is about the same:
Konerko - 102 AB & 47 RBI w/ RiSP
Overbay - 93 AB & 41 RBI w/ RiSP

Over the previous 3 seasons, the discrepancy in # of opportunities is huge, but again the rate of production is fairly comparable:
Konerko - 442 AB & 199 RBI w/ RiSP
Overbay - 213 AB & 86 RBI w/ RiSP

Konerko's main advantage (probably his only advantage) is his ability to drive himself in another 10-20 times per season, but this gap would close if Overbay switched to the Cell (see Pierzynski) and Konerko moved out. (Konerko hits the bulk of his HR at home, while Overbay has hit a couple more on the road.) Plus, I still can't see how this skill alone is worth an additional $8 mil. (or whatever).

I'm not wedded to Overbay. I'm just using him as an example of what I think KW will do to improve the club, consistent with his successful moves from this past offseason. It's possible that KW will get an even better player or a more productive platoon with all that freed up cash and a payroll bump due to increased [something we're not allowed to mention]. In any event, my main point is that he's not likely to rely on Gload. If KW liked Gload as much as some posters here, Gload wouldn't be in Charlotte right now.

mr_genius
08-09-2005, 05:02 PM
Konerko's main advantage (probably his only advantage) is his ability to drive himself in another 10-20 times per season.....this skill alone is worth an additional $8 mil. (or whatever).

drive himself in and drive in a runner from first with one swing, not to nit pick or anything. Also, Overbay isn't going to get traded IMO or sign for under 3 million. So Paulies power costs 5 million (maybe), I'll take that power for the money. Also, Paulie could have another breakout 40 + hr season next year! woo hoo! Now if the Yankmees or Mets or whoever go crazy and offer him 12 million or somethin that is obviously too much.

It's possible that KW will get an even better player or a more productive platoon with all that freed up cash and a payroll bump due to increased [something we're not allowed to mention]. In any event, my main point is that he's not likely to rely on Gload. If KW liked Gload as much as some posters here, Gload wouldn't be in Charlotte right now.

Productive players aren't free and what position would we upgrade besides first ? LF, RF, CF, 2B, C...na

Maybe SS or 3B, but anyone we sign as an upgrate at those positions is gonna cost some loot. Maybe a new starter, but those also don't come cheap. bla bla bla, I think we can afford Paulie and add to our club. Jerry needs to give me the checkbook.

maurice
08-09-2005, 05:38 PM
Overbay isn't going to get traded IMO

I'm guessing that he's arb. eligible, and the Brewers need to make room for Prince Fielder.

Paulie could have another breakout 40 + hr season next year!

Or he could have another 2003. :duck:

Now if the Yankmees or Mets or whoever go crazy and offer him 12 million or somethin that is obviously too much.

That's what I'm thinking. Torre loves Konerko, and The Boss is gonna go nuts when the Yanks miss the playoffs this year.

JB98
08-09-2005, 05:49 PM
I hope everybody here disagrees with that. There's no question that Konerko is a better offensive player than Ross Gload. The issue is whether he's $8 mil. better than Ross Gload (or some other inexpensive replacement). That's debatable. Hopefully, we won't need to find out, because KW will get Overbay this offseason.

I think Paulie IS $8 million better than triple-A Gload, but he is NOT $8 million better than Overbay. Believe it or not, I have argued with people on this board who honestly think we are better off with Ross Gload. If Konerko is kicked to the curb, it's obvious we need to go outside the organization for a new first baseman.

As everyone knows, I'm a FOPK. But I still haven't decided whether the Sox should bring him back. It depends on what other options are available and what the price is for those options. It also depends on how Paulie finishes the year. If he hits .400 in October and we win the World Series, I'd be inclined to try to sign him. If he lays an egg like he did in the 2000 playoffs, see ya.

HITMEN OF 77
08-09-2005, 06:06 PM
The Sox are crazy if they don't bring back Paulie, he's a better hitter than Overbay and better on defense. Konerko is worth $9 mil a year, esp for aguy who hits .280 40 hr 110 rbi a year.

Palehose13
08-09-2005, 07:54 PM

Maybe this is because of who is in front of him this year. It could be that he has less chances to hit into a DP because runners are already on 2nd or 3rd.
:unsure:

mr_genius
08-09-2005, 09:02 PM
Yankees agree that we should bench paulie

ding ding

HITMEN OF 77
08-10-2005, 10:30 AM
Yankees agree that we should bench paulie

ding ding

LMAO...:D:

maurice
08-10-2005, 12:25 PM
Konerko is worth $9 mil a year, esp for aguy who hits .280 40 hr 110 rbi a year.

A few problems with this statement:
- Konerko probably will get > $10 mil. / year, IMO
- Konerko's career AVE is < .280; he hasn't been .280+ since 2002.
- Konerko has driven in 110 exactly once; he's not on pace to do it this year; he's only driven in 100+ twice ever.
- Konerko has hit 40 HR exactly once, though he may make it again this year; he's averaged about 27 HR / year since joing the Sox and about 29 / year over the past 3 years.