PDA

View Full Version : Sunday's Winning Pick to Click

Daver
08-07-2005, 05:38 PM
Finally got number 16.

:jon

This is why I'm PHG's favorite pitcher......

gobears1987
08-07-2005, 05:45 PM
WHat happened to the old messages telling his critics to kiss his ***? I miss those.

daveeym
08-07-2005, 06:26 PM
:walnuts Dang I got slighted again. I mean Garland's alright and all but he whines too much.

PaleHoseGeorge
08-07-2005, 06:39 PM
Finally got number 16.

:jon

This is why I'm PHG's favorite pitcher......

Best #5 in baseball.

:thumbsup:

chisoxfanatic
08-07-2005, 08:32 PM
Best #5 in baseball.

:thumbsup:

Not to knock you, George...But, he's been moved to pitch right behind Buehrle, who's our #1...Wouldn't that presently put him in the 2-hole?

Anyways, that was a gutsy performance for Jon indeed. That third inning defined what he has been for us this season. It's great that he gave up only one run when much more could've scored then.

PaleHoseGeorge
08-07-2005, 08:40 PM
Not to knock you, George...But, he's been moved to pitch right behind Buehrle, who's our #1...Wouldn't that presently put him in the 2-hole?

Oh, brother....

1.) It was written in TEAL. That's sarcasm.

2.) I was in FAVOR of keeping Garland in the rotation last winter, when plenty others wanted him shipped out.

3.) Regardless of how well or poorly he pitches, a pitcher's number in the rotation becomes completely meaningless after the first week's games are played in April. This point was driven home endlessly last winter, though apparently the lesson has been lost.

But yes, Garland is clearly the second-best pitcher on the '05 Sox -- and NOBODY is debating it. Too bad it took the near-threat of a stint in the bullpen to toughen him up. He always had the talent, just not the head, to pitch effectively.

Daver
08-07-2005, 08:47 PM
I'll back PHG up on this, he and I were the sole voices during the entire off-season arguing that the Sox would be stupid to trade Jon Garland for another starter, no matter who that starter was.

Pitching is the most valuable commodity in all of baseball, if you can add to a pitching core without relenquishing pitching in return, that is the avenue you pursue.

FarWestChicago
08-07-2005, 08:59 PM
I'll back PHG up on this, he and I were the sole voices during the entire off-season arguing that the Sox would be stupid to trade Jon Garland for another starter, no matter who that starter was.What the heck ever happened to charlie browned. He was Garland's shoota. :redneck